The Picture People Employee Reviews

Worst Company to work for
Photographer (Former Employee), OrlandoAugust 29, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I spent a month at picture people. After training i was getting one 5/6hr shift per week. Do not waste your time. The pay is cheap and management is very tacky and unorganised. Don't think they care about employees.
Filled with active Children and Parents
Receptionist/ Appointment Setter/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2015
For The Picture People I was responsible for answering phones, checking customers in, tele-marketing, cleaning, cash handling, organizing, photo editing, as well as being trained as a photographer.
Horrible hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, Flexible
Cons: Little to no hours a week
Working at The Picture People was fun! Management was decent and it was a nice environment. Only problem is that I'd be scheduled for 30 hours and would only get like 15. The days it wasn't busy, I'd get a call from them telling me they didn't need me to come in. Unfortunately, it happened too often.
A fun environment but an environment, not taken seriously
Studio Associate (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Studio Experience
Cons: No benefits beyond part-time
Regardless of assigned shift, most days consisted of scheduled appointments overlapping one another. The busiest days were for the majority fully booked. Scheduling played a big part in inconsistency.
Fun filled job working with people
Assistant Manager, photographer, and sales (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAMay 28, 2015
My job requires taking family portraits in fun fast friendly manor, then uploading them for the families to view and pick out their pictures. There are some days where I get to show the customers their prints and sell them packages that fit their household needs. Currently I gained the title of key holder( manager on duty) this is when I manage a team of 3-4 people. My co-workers are fun to be around which makes a very pleasant place to work. The hardest part of the job is when a little child comes in upset or is scared of getting their picture to turn their mood around and make them happy for the portraits. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers leave with a smile on their face.
Photographer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 30, 2015
Very happy , upbeat, and hectic atmospehere. if you like kids and do well under pressure as well as, a good multitasker. this is a great job. The hours are not great if you need full time.
Day to Day FUN
Store Manager (Former Employee), Racine, WIApril 16, 2015
While wearing a propeller on my head, I made people smile, and cry with joy everyday with every moment I captured. It got chaotic at times, we operated analog camera's and processed prints in an hour, as well as allotting 20 min. for each shoot. It was a very high paced environment, I would still be there today if they didn't close 1/2 the stores in the company when it was bought out.
Alls that matters is pushing people through like cattle more sittings more money
Photographer (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIApril 1, 2015
Pros: not minimum wage pay
Cons: too much pressure, not enough pay, not enough time for good customer service, over inflated prices, cheap merchandise
20 minutes is not an adequate amount of time to allow for a photo shoot of children. Prices are WAY too high.
The only number that matters is yours average dollar sale, not even the daily plan. If your Average isn't up to par you don't matter.
Not enough pay for having all weekends and holidays spent at the studio. No incentives or any perks for being a great employee.
Go to a personal photographer, save your money.
Great environment when pics are taken
Photographer/Temp. Manager (Former Employee), Sandy, UtahMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: management can be kind of iffy.
I learned so much with the picture people about photography and about the sales part of it all. working with kids was like a dream come true. My old manager was great, then after they made a switch and set me up for failure from the beginning of what i thought should have been an awesome promotion.. ended sadly with being lead on to believe it was going to be something wonderful and wasnt what i was made to believe. the hardest part about the job was putting up backdrops and getting the kids to smile all the time and making sure all customers are pleased in many ways.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cary, NcMarch 7, 2015
Pros: so fun time went by fast
Cons: not a lot of hours
Some days it was busy some days it was slow. The staff was friendly and cheerful. We had to try to sale a package deal daily.
I work in the front office
Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Even though I was let go, I love the girls I work with. In the short time I work there I learned a lot about how a physical therapy office works.
Horrible all around
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: management, marketing, advertising, culture, organization, communications, hours, salary, job security
Extremely poor work environment, with overly demanding corporate culture. Leadership/Management expected to be on call at all times, even during "days off" and "vacations". Poorly run marketing team at corporate office flooded potential customers with coupons for free merchandise and services without purchase required, and then held accountable the studio staff for a decreasing average ticket. Layoffs to about half of the workforce in 2010, then massive amounts of new hiring within 3 months time displayed very poor job security. Attempts to grow the business outward into mobilized teams failed miserably due to poor training, planning, organization, and inferior products. Poor pay. About the least fun place to work that requires employees to display enthusiasm and joy for their customers made this more of an acting job than a photography, design, sales, or management position. Retail hours and demands.
Loved my job
Performer (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 13, 2014
I was working to pay for daycare and couldn't afford it anymore.
fast paced, fun environment
employee (Current Employee), alabamaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: fun, great customers
Cons: low pay, poor benefits
Fast paced, fun, active environment. Best part of the job is getting to interact with lots of people and provide them with long lasting memories. Weak in studio management makes for a less then desirable work environment at times
Great experience, but bad pay
Sales Associate/ Photographer (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: taking beautiful pictures of families
Cons: customer requests
Customers are rough. They are very particular about their pictures. Overall great experience and fun work environment.
fun place to work, free pictures
Photographer (Former Employee), Salem, NHJuly 8, 2014
had a blast here as a photographer , got lots of pictures, great customer service skills
No comment
Photographer (Current Employee), New JerseyJune 28, 2014
Great company and I hope for more success here but I need more security and better pay
A lot of fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2014
Being able to provide families with great family portraits was the best part of this job.
Fast paced, fun and friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2014
On a daily basis associates photograph, upload and sell portraits to customers. This is an extremely fast pace environment leaving little room for error. Employees must be on their toes and have problem solving skills to accommodate customers in a calm and professional manner.
Since being employed at this company I have learned a lot about customer service, sales, and teamwork.
I am apart of a great management team that is constantly keeping a positive and encouraging aspect on the goals of the company. My co-workers are supportive of each other and we make decisions as a unit.
The hardest part of this job is working within a constricted timeline. The most enjoyable part of this job is training and critiquing photography by associates and sending off happy customers with more than what they asked for.
portrait studio
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 2, 2014
this job was great . you were able to capture firstborn moments to grandparents , newlyweds, family reunions etc. being able to capture real genuine expressions was the best part. within those minutes of capturing those expressions you became one with who was infront of the camera.