The Picture People Employee Reviews

fun, fast paced work enviorment with children
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 26, 2017
A fast paced photography job photographing mostly children, with sales as well. Can move up in the company but not much job security unless you are full management. Pay could be more for the amount of work we do especially when busy. or a better/ more consistent commission program. great people to work with though that have become like family to me
Good for the first time worker and aspiring photographer
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 19, 2017
Its a good first time job for someone young who likes photography. It gives you an opportunity to work with a variety of people and the experience needed to work elsewhere.
Pros
Good first job with a variety of different experiences
Cons
No stability or room for growth, company pushes sales over quality product
Senior photogrpaher (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 1, 2017
Fun and very competitive environment. Loved the people I worked with and the regular clients that came in just to see you. Management is great. Would recommend
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 25, 2017
It was a good job. Just not one that would last. Better as a seasonal or temporary job. I enjoyed experience that came with the job. Great job choice if you love children.
Good company bad micro management.
Assistant Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 25, 2017
Working at the Picture People gives you a great opportunity to work with families and kids to capture their special moments in studios. But as a company it is not a great place.
Cons
short breaks, too much politics, favortism
Love thus place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
I really loved working for this company. Got to meet new people everyday. Always came in with you're employees smiling. It was never a dull moment at this place.
Pros
Everything was awesome
Cons
Just wish they paid more
Fast Pass
Assistant Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 18, 2017
While the company was in operating business, I loved the atmosphere and working with the public with capturing their memories to last a life time. I was on medical leave and upon returning only after about two and a half weeks was told the studio would be shutting down and possible relocation. We were told to file unemployment and later received letter about the company filing bankruptcy.
Great place
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CASeptember 13, 2017
I loved working there as a studio manager. At times it was stressful but what management job isn't. I had a great relationship w my district manager and it made it more enjoyable.
Pros
Good pay, paid vacation and sick time, fun
Cons
stressful at peak seasons.
Fun place to work, but don't expect much.
Senior Photographer/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 12, 2017
If you like kids and people it's a great experience. Bad hours, either not enough or too many because it's seasonal. Winter gets crazy then it becomes dead slow. Managment during my time was terrible, constantly being threatened with termination if you don't have a sales average of at least 90 dollars.
Great fun and energetic enviroment
Assistant Manager/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 8, 2017
Typical day would be photographing newborns up to family's of 12+ people. I would roll the film, develop it and print packages that was earlier discussed. When we were slow, I would stand at the store front and make balloon animals. This place was a blast to work at!
Great Place to Work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 5, 2017
I was hoping to retire with this company. It offered great pay with better than average benefits. Expectations were realistic with attainable goals. Salary employees were not over-worked.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, pay
Cons
Closed in less than a year
Is a fast pace job
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 4, 2017
Have to be able to remember codes. Learn quickly how to take photos but also know how to do sales. Is very fast pace there is no down time. You have to be able to deal with costumer who are rude
It was okay..
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 28, 2017
I didn't mind it, it paid my bills for a while but then it started to get really slow and we cut a lot of staff. I would get calls in the morning telling me to not come in because it was so slow.
It's a great place to learn more about photography
Photography Associate (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed the photography aspect but the rest was pretty stressful. You are expected to know how to do more than your job description. You don't get paid for what you do.
Nope
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 22, 2017
This company does not care for its team members, they work you to the bone and only try to pay you 8.50 an hour. Its completely fast paced and the goals are ridiculous.
It was ok!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 5, 2017
I really enjoyed taking photos and making art! This helped me gain more confidence with photography and selling! I quickly figured out that I have a gift of up selling!
Opened The Door To Professional Photography
Studio Photographer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 18, 2017
A typical day included photo shoots of customers ranging from newborns to real estate agents. I learned how to use a professional camera and how to process film negatives and develop photographs manually. Management was great! The workplace culture was fun but a little conservative. Hated the uniform, pretty corny. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult and non-cooperative parents. The most enjoyable part of the job was the finished photography product and customers buying all of their photos.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Uniform
Studio Photography
BBB Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2017
I worked from 1 to 6 days a week. Opened register, photographed customers, edited photos, sold photos, answered phones, provided reminder phone calls for upcoming appointments, printed photos on site, cleaned the studio, closed the register.
I learned to work with a variety of clientele under high pressure in a fast-paced environment. I learned to provide customer service and learned sales procedures.
I had a direct manager that I worked with regularly. I also had a regional manager that came to the studio every now and again. The hardest part of the job was dealing with inconsistent management, faulty equipment, working in a small space, dealing with customer complaints about our print quality that we could not control.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with families that wanted slightly unconventional pictures.
Pros
Photography, Creativity
Cons
Constantly non-working equipment
Creative learning
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be taking photos of customers and then selling photo packages. I learned a lot about different poses and how to sell packages to customers. The management was very nice and helpful at times. I had no problems with any of the staff. The hardest part of the job would be when you first learn how to sell the packages. I enjoyed taking photos and creating memories for the customers that came in and making new friends.
Pros
Learning photography
Cons
Very short hours, little pay and hours
Don't Apply
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2017
Absolutely horrible hours. I was working a seasonal job but I don't think I worked more than 10 hours per week out of the 3 months I was there. Managers would call not even an hour before I was supposed to go in saying they didn't need me. And that happened more times than I was supposed to actually work.
I went to school for photography and thought it'd be an okay job to get experience photographing kids. But instead they put me as sales associate - and probably the only sales associate. They didn't spend much time "training" so any time I was dealing with customers and wasn't sure of prices and/or packages I felt like more of a burden or nuisance asking my manager questions.
Pros
The only pro would be getting experience in customer service. You're constantly dealing with people, good and bad. Can be taken as a pro or con.
Cons
Horrible hours, management