The Pines Residential Treatment Center

The Pines Residential Treatment Center Employer Reviews

productive
Program Manager, Universal Health Care (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VANovember 4, 2014
most challenging work experience working with management and the clients. enjoy the many different personalities of co-workers that I worked with.
Postive learning environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 24, 2014
Working at The Pines is rewarding by help young kids get their life back on track. Learning them structure and balance, how to have an positive look on life. Staying focus and keeping out of trouble. Being a role model for troubled kids and making a positive influence of their lives. The hardest part of this job is maintaining a constructive environment – more... with different staff not following the same protocol. I enjoyed helping a young person correct their lives and wanting to start a positive future. – less
Work environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VADecember 30, 2013
The work environment was a challenge however if you had a quality team it made working there enjoyable.
Productive and serious work place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 4, 2013
My typical work day started with assissting the clients in the morning by motivating them to get out of the bed and completing their hygiene to make it to school promptly. I held group every morning to get the clients to focus on their goals for the day. I was assissted in group by my co workers. The hardest part of my Job was leaving the clients at – more... the end of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was mentoring and taking pride in making sure that a difference was made in the clients life. – less
Residential counselor
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, Va.September 21, 2013
Pros: ability to assist with the transition of resident in a treatment program
Cons: behaviors of the residents
Engaging with staff/residents daily to assist with goals.
Good
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Provides clinical and administrative oversight of the Mental Health Support and Intensive In-Home programs.
• Ensures clinical integrity of the programs and monitor programs for compliance in all regulated areas
• Ensures effective and efficient delivery of services to clients.
• Collaborates with community, school, families and individuals to enhance – more... the overall functioning of the clients we serve.
• Conducts clinical assessments for referrals and identify appropriateness of individual to receive mental health services – less
Fun place
Residential Counselor/Lead (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working with the kids. It was a great place and enjoyed the team I was on
Feels more like an institution than a treatment facility
Complex Coordinator (Former Employee), Portsmouth VAJune 13, 2013
Co-works made the difference because of the job in and of itself was dangerous and stressful at times
Roll with the punches.
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 7, 2012
If you are the type who can roll with the punches, then this is the type of place to work. It can be a very stressful environment. Lots of changes of management in a short amount of time.
Stressful very hands on environment in need of more professional staff & workers who are gifted & educated in this field.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAApril 18, 2012
Pros: learning experience, free lunch, made a difference for young women
Cons: mandates often, short staff often, high turn over rate, no stability, no teamwork
I enjoyed very much working with troubled adolescents, but you must have a good team to work with to feel safe & give effective treatments to the groups.

May 29, 2013

No Support from Management, Some staff run the units with fear, staff have people clock them in and out. Overtime for Managers Good Old Buddies. Incidents not reported. Or once reported not taken care of. Running units understaffed, Managers unwilling to come in to cover the unit.