The Pines Residential Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Behavioral Speciast
BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 21, 2016
I loves working with young people. Provide them with daily routine; Make sure they are safe.My co-workers and I worked well together, make sure the patients are safe, following their daily routine, participate indifferent activities, does they homework.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with young people.Sometimes they get out of control because something are not going their way and therefore they don't want to following the rules. Unfortunately I have a way of talking with them and they get back on track.
Pros
Able to communicate with young people
Cons
Don't believe in mistreated people when they have done something wrong.
Friendly work environment
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 14, 2015
A 24 hour treatment facility for children. Management has changed several times so I would not be able to give an accurate review.
Learned excellent unit management skills with behavior disorder youth and young adults.
Residential Counselor / Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 14, 2015
Flexibility of working different shifts was required. Worked as a term with various counselor co-workers. Co-worker team cohesiveness was the most enjoyable part of the job.
love helping the youth
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VaFebruary 23, 2015
Provide guidance,care and supervision to a multicultural resident base of both male and females. Analyze and resolve problems both independently and as part of a team.
Pros
helping the youth
Cons
hours are long
Resedential Counselor
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 8, 2014
over all experience was pretty cool. served as a mentor to under privileged youth with parental situations
productive
Program Manager, Universal Health Care (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 4, 2014
most challenging work experience working with management and the clients. enjoy the many different personalities of co-workers that I worked with.
Postive learning environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 24, 2014
Working at The Pines is rewarding by help young kids get their life back on track. Learning them structure and balance, how to have an positive look on life. Staying focus and keeping out of trouble. Being a role model for troubled kids and making a positive influence of their lives. The hardest part of this job is maintaining a constructive environment with different staff not following the same protocol. I enjoyed helping a young person correct their lives and wanting to start a positive future.
Work environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VADecember 30, 2013
The work environment was a challenge however if you had a quality team it made working there enjoyable.
Productive and serious work place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 4, 2013
My typical work day started with assissting the clients in the morning by motivating them to get out of the bed and completing their hygiene to make it to school promptly. I held group every morning to get the clients to focus on their goals for the day. I was assissted in group by my co workers. The hardest part of my Job was leaving the clients at the end of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was mentoring and taking pride in making sure that a difference was made in the clients life.
Residential counselor
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Va.September 21, 2013
Engaging with staff/residents daily to assist with goals.
Pros
Ability to assist with the transition of resident in a treatment program
Cons
Behaviors of the residents
Fun place
Residential Counselor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working with the kids. It was a great place and enjoyed the team I was on
Feels more like an institution than a treatment facility
Complex Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth VAJune 13, 2013
Co-works made the difference because of the job in and of itself was dangerous and stressful at times
Roll with the punches.
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 7, 2012
If you are the type who can roll with the punches, then this is the type of place to work. It can be a very stressful environment. Lots of changes of management in a short amount of time.
Stressful very hands on environment in need of more professional staff & workers who are gifted & educated in this field.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 18, 2012
I enjoyed very much working with troubled adolescents, but you must have a good team to work with to feel safe & give effective treatments to the groups.
Pros
learning experience, free lunch, made a difference for young women
Cons
mandates often, short staff often, high turn over rate, no stability, no teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pines Residential Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9