The Pita Group, a full-service integrated marketing agency in Rocky Hill, Conn., is seeking Fall 2014 public relations and marketing interns. Witty writers, creative thinkers and journalistically-minded news junkies are encouraged to apply!
The Pita Group welcomes resumes and writing samples from college juniors or seniors studying communications, journalism, marketing or English. Candidates have taken core classes within their major/discipline and available to work in our Rocky Hill office a minimum of 12 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Managing media lists
- Media monitoring
- Developing client reports that summarize the results of public relations and social media programs
- Research for marketing or PR projects
- Developing content for clients and The Pita Group’s blog and social networks
- Providing on-site logistics support for photo and video shoots
- Market research for new business development
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Shadowing The Pita Group’s directors to learn more about each area of the agency
- College juniors or seniors who are attending a 4-year university in the pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field.
- Strong understanding of all social media networks
- Strong writing skills
- Experience using Hootsuite, WordPress and media clipping services a plus
- Previous intern and/or agency experience
The internship is unpaid; however, all interns receive a $500 stipend to cover commuting expenses.
Interested students should email their resume and two to three writing samples by September 12, 2014.