A premier national student housing company is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to oversee and manage a new, student housing asset in Carbondale Illinois. Expectations for one in this role are to effectively manage the operational and financial performance of the asset by developing innovative and cost-effective management strategies to drive revenues. Property Managers will develop strategic relationships with residents, staff, and stakeholders to promote and establish our property brand and it’s recognition in the market place; and will lead and mentor property staff as well as manage resident conflicts.
The Property Manager is an enthusiastic and persuasive leader as well as proactive business partner that has strategic execution savvy. Student housing or multi-family experience as well as expertise for managing assets is required.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an awareness of personal strengths, areas for improvement and act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Ideal candidate will possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- Managing the financial performance of the property (Development of the budget, marketing strategy and business plan; Management of TOR – Total Operating Revenue; Meeting/Exceeding occupancy targets by driving an aggressive sales effort as well as resident retention targets).
- Develop and maintain strong, loyal relationships with all constituents - owners, residents, employees, and vendors.
- Establishment of the property as a sub-market leader
- Maintaining a high performing, customer focused team.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for both internal and external marketing.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- 3-5 minimum years of current or recent hands-on experience in property management with a demonstrated career progression in student housing, multi-family housing; luxury or market rate industry segment. * Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with all levels of management
- Project Management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work one weekend each month
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- BA/BS Degree
- Should have strong knowledge of industry software systems
- Previous experience with originating, maintaining, and meeting an annual budget is required.
Salary Range $35,000 plus housing DOE