The Polyclinic Employee Reviews in United States

A fun and intellectually stimulating place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 11, 2016
I love the Ployclinic and consider myself as a worker and a client of the clinic. I enjoyed being busy most days. I would help to admit patients to the clinic.I would assist patients to get them ready for their procedures. I would then assist the physician get their patient during their procedure by giving light monitored sedation or compete the physician orders as necessary to complete the procedure The physicians were all very nice and pleasant to work with. All the patients would do very well and I would help to get them ready for discharge home.
Pros
Enjoyed the work hours
Cons
Lost communication with employer
Physician Owned and Operated Medical Office
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2015
Busy office building in the heart of down town. Each floor has a different specialty. Learned the importance of multitasking, becoming fast and efficient, CPI/Lean principles. Many changes and pilots while I was an employee.
Pros
Company paid for transit pass and offered good medical insurance
Cons
Expensive hourly parking for both patients and employees
Secure and Stable place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2015
Co-workers and management work together well. Communication throughout office is good and process improvement is always a priority.
Good Learning Environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2014
I enjoyed the 3 departments I worked in for it was very informational and most of the employees were great to work with. I learned a lot with Sleep Apnea and then onto the GI department. I came from General Practice so was trained for most of everything. The toughest part of the job was getting to know how the software worked and the most enjoyable for me was working with all the Patients and making them feel cared for.
This is a starting analyst opportunity only, not good for mid-sr analyst
EMR EpicCare Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2014
Because this is an affiliate you will not get the build opportunity or career advancement needed to help your career.
Pros
limited build responsibilities
Cons
management is slyboots
Avoid working here if possible
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Madison Street Clinic Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2014
I worked at the Polyclinic for one year as a Radiology Technologist and would give them maybe 1 star, only because of the good pay.

Management is subpar and unqualified to say the least, especially in the Radiology Department at the Madison street clinic.

In my year working there I had ZERO reviews by my Supervisor, that is until I asked for my employee file the day after they "decided to move in a different direction" with my employment. Upon asking for my Employee File I conveniently had a review that wasn't signed by me or something that was discussed with me by my supervisor. Upon asking HR where it came from and why it was in my file I was told it was "common practice" for management at the Polyclinic to not review an employees "work reviews" with that employee! Yes, you read that last sentence correct. Not only did they not review my review with me they had zero reason to let me go. This place is a good example of why people should join UNIONS if possible.

HR lets leadership do what they want regardless of employment laws, then lies to you when questioning them. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
pay
Cons
management, human resources, lack of quality leadership
Good work culture
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The people got along well and employees overall were happy. Benefits for dependents was not good, but for just employee was free if you saw Polyclinic doctors, I like that.
not very stable company
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2014
they just seamed to have no budget and I was working first as a PSR but transferred to the business office to post payments they actually took money away from me when I transferred to the business office
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
took $1 pay away when i moved from a psr to the business office
Lots of knowledge in a large facility
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2014
This was my second position as a Medical Assistant. This is also the place where I decided that I wanted to move on in the healthcare field and become a Social worker or work in the related field.

The patient demographic was vast as this was a large multi-facility clinic that saw many different types of patients from all different walks of life.

The providers pushed you to make sure that you were able to reach your full potential, and this is why I pushed myself right back.
Terrible place to work! Hostile work environment
PSR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2014
STAY AWAY!! This company does not value their employees at all and you can tell by the way that the management treats those in lower working positions. The Doctors are extremely disrespectful to their co-workers including (MA's, RN's and PSR's) and unfortunately, this type of behavior is common throughout the clinic. The management seems to be aware of the verbal abuse that some of the Doctors inflict upon their employees, but are uninterested in solving these issues. If you are ok with being degraded and spoken to in a condescending manner on a daily basis, then Polyclinic is the place for YOU!
This was by far, the most unprofessional organization that I have ever worked for.
Pros
n/a
Cons
low pay, expensive parking, hostile work environment, unprofessionalism throughout the organization
Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2014
Your day would fly by easy with the work
I learned that not all employees learn at the same level so I needed to ask what they understood about the process of refunds.
Management was the BEST! My supervisor would give me many special projects due to my abilty to compleate them in a timely manner. Plus her door was always open.....I believe open communication is a must.
Pros
bus pass, medical & dental insurance, 401 k
Cons
day goes by to fast!
Fast paced, and educational work place.
Medical Assistant Vascular Surgery (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2014
I have worked in Vascular Surgery for over 2 years. Working side by side with outstanding surgeons, I was able to become proficient in my line of work. I assisted in minor procedures in clinic like, Laser ablations, Microphlebectomys, Fistulograms, Sclerotherapy and Catheter removals. My duties consisted of prepping sterile fields, pre procedure and post procedure instructions, wound care, and placing surgery orders. I enjoyed working with the team that I had, and wonderful surgeons. I am ready to take my knowledge and challenge even more in the other specialty fields. I am always ready to learn and perform twice as much.
Reviews on Glassdoor are more accurate
employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2014
When I first read the reviews on Glassdoor I found what was like my experience and what I heard from others. The reviews here look like the management "team" was tasked with writing positive reviews so fewer potential recruits run the other way.
Good luck if something is broken as you may end up dealing with the guy that will give an earful of attitude
Pros
getting paid
Cons
disorganized mayhem
Excellent youthful company with positive outlook
Practice Management Trainer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 19, 2013
A job where you actually look forward to going to work, management listens and the opportunities to advance for clinical staff are incredible.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 12, 2013
Very productive and educational place to work.
typical work from 8-5.
management is very nice.
Co-workers display great team work.
great start up place to start into healthcare
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2013
just walk in sit down and type data all day and punch the clock out I didnt really learn that much the coworks were nice no personality in the job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no excitement
Nice place to work
Patient Services Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 30, 2013
I really enjoyed working for The Polyclinic and if I still lived there I would have continued with them. They have room for growth, if you want to advance. There are over 150 doctors and various specialties where you can learn. The people there overall were very nice and I really liked working with them, and the pay is competitive for the area with good benefits.
Pros
work environment, management, benefits, pay, training, hr support
Cons
parking
A very great place to work, people connections, Doctors are great.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 6, 2013
I enjoyed my time at The PolyClinic, if I would move back to Washington, I would like to go back there.
I worked with an amazing group of Doctors.
People that I worked with are top notch, and I consider them all friends.
The Polyclinic
Operations Manager, Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Seattle WAApril 22, 2013
I over see the daily operations working closley with Radiologist and technical staff to assure each patients experience is a positive one. I monitor financial and operational variance reports, hire staff when necessary, etc. I enjoy the staff at The Polycinic, and have learned a great deal about an organization such as this one, as all of my prior experience has been in a hosptial setting. The hardest part of the job is when I have to dicipline a staff member either verbally or in writing. I would prefer to discuss their qualities rather than items they need to work on. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have an opportunity to help someone, be it answering the phone and taking patient information down so we can mail a CD to another provider, or allowing a staff member time off.
Pros
pay, bonuses, overall atmosphere
Cons
lack of communicaton from administration to direct reports
Not good place to work
Former Polyclinic Employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2013
Lack of management skill and processes make this environment less than desirable. Poor communication throughout all levels of the organization. Lack of keeping up with outside market in terms of technology and business processes. Overall training needs to happen for management as well as staff to improve the business. Employees are withdrawn and disconnected from other staff members due to dissatisfaction with job and management.
Pros
employees want very much to have improvements within the environment made
Cons
too many to list in complete detail