The Polyclinic Employee Reviews

lack of transparency, lack of standardization, horrible management
Registered Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2018
lack of transparency, lack of standardization, horrible management, disconnection between departments, lack of resources/tools to do your job effectively
As a contracted employee, I only worked several months.
Medical Records Specialist (Filer/Scanner) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2017
Organizing a lot of papers into categories prior to scanning into the database. I enjoyed the low key supervision and weekly feedbacks we had with our supervisor. The work place culture is casual and the employees were friendly. I enjoyed working while I was there.
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
didn't get any benefits
Stressful and unsupportive
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 1, 2017
Working at the polyclinic I have seen so many employees leave. From doctors to medical assistants to PSRs. I have had to watch many employees in tears because of stress and lack of support. They tell us they are improving and restructuring but while doing so have shown no respect for current loyal employees. New management is clicky and has no interest in getting to know their staff on a team based level.
Pros
People in the same job positions come together well and support each other when things get hard
Cons
Lack of support. Management poorly trained. Stressful work environment. Huge turnovers
stressfull placed to work
Medical Billing Specialist/ Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2017
Not a very happy environment to work in. Poor management,
Employees nice but just a hard place to work, Employees having to worry about losing their jobs. So it made a stressful atmosphere
For a first job in this career it wasn't too bad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2017
I was there almost a year before I left, as a float. It's enjoyable because you get to learn so much, but at the same.time there is super high expectations for floats and it's a bit discouraging when your new and go to a department you've never been in and the other employees either treat you like a little kid or they help it's so bias on a constant basis
Pros
Long break
Cons
Bias, Management, communication
terrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2017
I would not recommend this company. Mean staff, abusive. Lots of backstabbing. You have to pretend to survive there. Don't expect honesty or support.
Polyclinic great
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2017
This was a great billing job until a 3rd party took it over for money concerns. Friendly people and staff, challenging, fun workplace, lots to learn, decent location.
Pros
Everything about Polyclinic was great
Cons
Meridian (3rd party) was a failure
Very good place to work
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2017
I would highly recommend The Polyclinic as a career job for anyone. I was treated as an equal and enjoyed the benefits and perks of the company. The hardest part for me is the commute from Everett to Seattle.
Nice company to work for.
Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2017
Good company to work for. Work environment was nice. Staff was nice and friendly. I was there for a temporary position for 5 months.
Manager was very nice.
Polyclinic
Supervisor, Clinical (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2017
The Polyclinic is a good place to work. Overall the management is great. They have a great culture of improvement. Part of that is listening to every employee when they have suggestions.
Terrible training. I would not recommend this company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2017
Terrible training. You must work as fast as you possibly can and learn at the same time. You may have several people training over a week, all saying you must do it like this. However, they all have a different method of doings it. Then you are ridiculed because you did it one persons way but not the other's.
Radiculus! Not a good environment.
Physician owned and looking for $$$ .
productive fast paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2017
typical day at work is pulling patients charts vitling them and request that the nurses have me do all office back procedures an front desk work insite on patients charts for the next week an rescheduling scheduling patient for next appointment.
Pros
free lunches
Polyclinic
Medical Assistant/Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2017
Poor management practices. Doctors unsupervised, showing up to work intoxicated. Terrible PTO/time off. Decent benefits. Not a lot job opportunities for advancement
Fast pace work environment
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2017
At the policlinic it is a very fast pace work environment. This allowed me to think quick and work fast while still getting the job done correctly, and fast.
Data Entry 1 (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2017
great people was afforded a lot of opportunities. Was to move up within the company with my first 8 months. It was entry level and they had great staff members that would help along the way
Diverse working environment
Patient Service Representative/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2017
Working at the Polyclinic was mostly a joy. I loved the diverse work culture and the good benefits offered.

My typical day at work consisted of doing front office duties as well as working in the back office as needed.

As said, the workplace culture is very diverse and it was interesting learning about different cultures.

The hardest part of the job was that we had a lot of demanding, very high maintenance patients and the most enjoyable aspect was the coworkers and cheerful work environment.
Pros
Advancement, diversity, benefits
Cons
commute, my personal manager had bad management skills
Run far, far away!
PSR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2016
The Polyclinic used to be a pretty good place. Now, due to drowning in debt from purchasing new buildings and office space and computer systems- the Polyclinic is sinking fast and hard. Most likely to be bought out, I see no hope for revitalization here. The management is awful- inexperienced and abusive. The staff are not all bad of course- but being abused and under paid doesn't exactly bring out the best in people. Trust me- you'd be much happier elsewhere. Polyclinic is toxic and not worth the time- especially since they pay about $7 less an hour than other medical facilities. (MA's for example will start anywhere between $15-17 HR, UW pays $24 HR...)
Pros
So much drama you could write a new series or book and maybe earn something for your misery!
Cons
Poor wages, abuse, high toxicity, arrogant and corrupt administration, etc.
Worst Management Experience of my Career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2016
The training class is about a 8hr class and if you don't know Epic your already domed. After little time of computer training they throw you out there to work with No support. As for a 2 week shadow, well they just sit there while you room their patients teaching no additional computer skills or there to help you designate where things are.
As for Management they are unorganized, I have sat there for hours waiting for someone to tell me what dept to go to. As a float.

The culture there is rude especially in downtown family medicine and their PA that works there goes through MA'S like water.

Job security there is none, it's Doctor owned so no rules are set in stone or protocol used, why do you think there are so many job adds on here.

There benefit package is horrible, highest deductible I have ever seen from a Medical facility.

I would keep looking and stay far away from Polyclinic.....
Pros
Most providers were great to work for
Enjoyed My Time
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 22, 2016
My 16 years at the Polyclinic where great! I thoroughly enjoyed the teamwork atmosphere where everybody from top to bottom felt they directly impacted the companies mission "best personalized healthcare" in the greater Seattle area. However, I must admit, after the main campus moved to 6th and Madison in 2011/12, things kind of changed to a more production line feel.
Pros
Location, Staff, Wages
Cons
Benefits, Staff Appreciation, parking
horrible managment and HR deparment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sammamish, WAMay 6, 2016
This place has amazing doctors but a horrible atmosphere and a small run HR department that says what goes with no wiggle room and no consideration for human lives as employees they will work you like a slave and then yell at you for having overtime, they work their good doctors into the ground.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
HR department and managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Polyclinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8