The Polyclinic Employee Reviews

Enjoyed My Time
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 22, 2016
My 16 years at the Polyclinic where great! I thoroughly enjoyed the teamwork atmosphere where everybody from top to bottom felt they directly impacted the companies mission "best personalized healthcare" in the greater Seattle area. However, I must admit, after the main campus moved to 6th and Madison in 2011/12, things kind of changed to a more production line feel.
Pros
Location, Staff, Wages
Cons
Benefits, Staff Appreciation, parking
Worst Management Experience of my Career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2016
The training class is about a 8hr class and if you don't know Epic your already domed. After little time of computer training they throw you out there to work with No support. As for a 2 week shadow, well they just sit there while you room their patients teaching no additional computer skills or there to help you designate where things are.
As for Management they are unorganized, I have sat there for hours waiting for someone to tell me what dept to go to. As a float.

The culture there is rude especially in downtown family medicine and their PA that works there goes through MA'S like water.

Job security there is none, it's Doctor owned so no rules are set in stone or protocol used, why do you think there are so many job adds on here.

There benefit package is horrible, highest deductible I have ever seen from a Medical facility.

I would keep looking and stay far away from Polyclinic.....
Pros
Most providers were great to work for
Run far, far away!
PSR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2016
The Polyclinic used to be a pretty good place. Now, due to drowning in debt from purchasing new buildings and office space and computer systems- the Polyclinic is sinking fast and hard. Most likely to be bought out, I see no hope for revitalization here. The management is awful- inexperienced and abusive. The staff are not all bad of course- but being abused and under paid doesn't exactly bring out the best in people. Trust me- you'd be much happier elsewhere. Polyclinic is toxic and not worth the time- especially since they pay about $7 less an hour than other medical facilities. (MA's for example will start anywhere between $15-17 HR, UW pays $24 HR...)
Pros
So much drama you could write a new series or book and maybe earn something for your misery!
Cons
Poor wages, abuse, high toxicity, arrogant and corrupt administration, etc.
Its a foot in the door
Desktop Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Its a good company if you want to get your foot in the door. The IT management is best described as "Fake it until you make it." No one knows what they are doing or how to treat employees in a fair and respectable manor.
Busy make the days go by fast and co-workers are fun
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2012
I talk to a lot of different people from a lot of different backgrounds everyday. Everyday I learn somthing new about departments or just simply how to approach upset patients with care and respect. My co-workers are really fun to chat with between calls. The hardest part of the job is not feeling like your suggestions are not heard. The most enjoyable part is helping the customer, when their problem comes and you are able to help them and they call you back to thank you, that little gesture is the best reward at this position.
Pros
benefits and random parties with free food
Cons
no growth within the department
A fun and intellectually stimulating place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 11, 2016
I love the Ployclinic and consider myself as a worker and a client of the clinic. I enjoyed being busy most days. I would help to admit patients to the clinic.I would assist patients to get them ready for their procedures. I would then assist the physician get their patient during their procedure by giving light monitored sedation or compete the physician orders as necessary to complete the procedure The physicians were all very nice and pleasant to work with. All the patients would do very well and I would help to get them ready for discharge home.
Pros
Enjoyed the work hours
Cons
Lost communication with employer
horrible managment and HR deparment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sammamish, WAMay 6, 2016
This place has amazing doctors but a horrible atmosphere and a small run HR department that says what goes with no wiggle room and no consideration for human lives as employees they will work you like a slave and then yell at you for having overtime, they work their good doctors into the ground.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
HR department and managers
Good work culture
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The people got along well and employees overall were happy. Benefits for dependents was not good, but for just employee was free if you saw Polyclinic doctors, I like that.
Terrible place to work! Hostile work environment
PSR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2014
STAY AWAY!! This company does not value their employees at all and you can tell by the way that the management treats those in lower working positions. The Doctors are extremely disrespectful to their co-workers including (MA's, RN's and PSR's) and unfortunately, this type of behavior is common throughout the clinic. The management seems to be aware of the verbal abuse that some of the Doctors inflict upon their employees, but are uninterested in solving these issues. If you are ok with being degraded and spoken to in a condescending manner on a daily basis, then Polyclinic is the place for YOU!
This was by far, the most unprofessional organization that I have ever worked for.
Pros
n/a
Cons
low pay, expensive parking, hostile work environment, unprofessionalism throughout the organization
Not good place to work
Former Polyclinic Employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2013
Lack of management skill and processes make this environment less than desirable. Poor communication throughout all levels of the organization. Lack of keeping up with outside market in terms of technology and business processes. Overall training needs to happen for management as well as staff to improve the business. Employees are withdrawn and disconnected from other staff members due to dissatisfaction with job and management.
Pros
employees want very much to have improvements within the environment made
Cons
too many to list in complete detail
This is a starting analyst opportunity only, not good for mid-sr analyst
EMR EpicCare Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2014
Because this is an affiliate you will not get the build opportunity or career advancement needed to help your career.
Pros
Limited build responsibilities
Cons
management is slyboots
Avoid working here if possible
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Madison Street Clinic Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2014
I worked at the Polyclinic for one year as a Radiology Technologist and would give them maybe 1 star, only because of the good pay.

Management is subpar and unqualified to say the least, especially in the Radiology Department at the Madison street clinic.

In my year working there I had ZERO reviews by my Supervisor, that is until I asked for my employee file the day after they "decided to move in a different direction" with my employment. Upon asking for my Employee File I conveniently had a review that wasn't signed by me or something that was discussed with me by my supervisor. Upon asking HR where it came from and why it was in my file I was told it was "common practice" for management at the Polyclinic to not review an employees "work reviews" with that employee! Yes, you read that last sentence correct. Not only did they not review my review with me they had zero reason to let me go. This place is a good example of why people should join UNIONS if possible.

HR lets leadership do what they want regardless of employment laws, then lies to you when questioning them. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Human Resources, Lack of quality leadership
The Polyclinic
Operations Manager, Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Seattle WAApril 22, 2013
I over see the daily operations working closley with Radiologist and technical staff to assure each patients experience is a positive one. I monitor financial and operational variance reports, hire staff when necessary, etc. I enjoy the staff at The Polycinic, and have learned a great deal about an organization such as this one, as all of my prior experience has been in a hosptial setting. The hardest part of the job is when I have to dicipline a staff member either verbally or in writing. I would prefer to discuss their qualities rather than items they need to work on. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have an opportunity to help someone, be it answering the phone and taking patient information down so we can mail a CD to another provider, or allowing a staff member time off.
Pros
pay, bonuses, overall atmosphere
Cons
lack of communicaton from administration to direct reports
Fast paced, and educational work place.
Medical Assistant Vascular Surgery (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2014
I have worked in Vascular Surgery for over 2 years. Working side by side with outstanding surgeons, I was able to become proficient in my line of work. I assisted in minor procedures in clinic like, Laser ablations, Microphlebectomys, Fistulograms, Sclerotherapy and Catheter removals. My duties consisted of prepping sterile fields, pre procedure and post procedure instructions, wound care, and placing surgery orders. I enjoyed working with the team that I had, and wonderful surgeons. I am ready to take my knowledge and challenge even more in the other specialty fields. I am always ready to learn and perform twice as much.
Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2014
Your day would fly by easy with the work
I learned that not all employees learn at the same level so I needed to ask what they understood about the process of refunds.
Management was the BEST! My supervisor would give me many special projects due to my abilty to compleate them in a timely manner. Plus her door was always open.....I believe open communication is a must.
Pros
Bus pass, Medical & Dental insurance, 401 K
Cons
Day goes by to fast!
Improved my skill in Phlebotomy and my inter-relationship with people in all walks of life
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2013
Come to work early and greeted patients and tried to help them even it was not time for me to work. I had the best attendance in the compay, never called in sick and always on time for work. The hardest part is when patient come in for blood work but the doctor did have any order or lab work so we just draw the tubes that would cover for possible tests the doctor needed for that patient. Most enjoyable part is when no errors and mistake for that day and job well done for that specific day.
Pros
can worked overtime if needed.
Cons
short lunch hours if needed
Great company to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle (Ballard)July 7, 2012
A typical day at work starts with restocking my exam rooms and phlebotomy tray. Then I do my patient calls, which involve test results, refill results, Triage and recalls. When the doctor starts seeing patients we generally an average of 20 patients a day for a variety of things. I room the patients, take vitals, update meds, history and immunizations, Depending on what the doctor needs I might do a blood draw, immunization, injection, EKG, assist in minor procedures, run lab tests, etc. In between patients I will do more patient calls, order tests and referrals and call in prescriptions.

My coworkers always willing to help and their assistance is often needed.

My favorite part of the day is seeing patient happy and satisfied with their care, and feeling better about their ailment or situation.

The hardest part of my job is giving children their immunizations and having to see them cry, even though I know it is necessary for their well being.
Pros
fast pasted, variety of tasks, i enjoy working with all ages of patients.
Cons
the travel distance.
Reviews on Glassdoor are more accurate
employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2014
When I first read the reviews on Glassdoor I found what was like my experience and what I heard from others. The reviews here look like the management "team" was tasked with writing positive reviews so fewer potential recruits run the other way.
Good luck if something is broken as you may end up dealing with the guy that will give an earful of attitude
Pros
getting paid
Cons
disorganized mayhem
Great Doctors to Work With
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 12, 2015
I very much enjoyed my time in Vascular Surgery. Very fine doctors and a great staff. Internal Medicine was fast paced and an interesting place to work as well.
Lots of knowledge in a large facility
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2014
This was my second position as a Medical Assistant. This is also the place where I decided that I wanted to move on in the healthcare field and become a Social worker or work in the related field.

The patient demographic was vast as this was a large multi-facility clinic that saw many different types of patients from all different walks of life.

The providers pushed you to make sure that you were able to reach your full potential, and this is why I pushed myself right back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Polyclinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9