The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Employee Reviews in United States

relaxed calm work environment
CLERICAL ASSISTANT/Internship (Former Employee) –  One World Trade Center, NY NYSeptember 28, 2015
Although I only worked for this company for a short period of time it was the most exhilarating job I have ever had. I learned so much from the staff and the managers. If I had the opportunity to work here again I would accept it in a heart beat.
Pros
extended lunch breaks or early release if you worked overtime, holiday bonus, room for growth and advancement
Cons
long hours, multiple meetings during the day, requires the ability to travel without harship
summary is adequate and good to the questions asked
general maintainer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 23, 2015
retirement is all right to boring camping and scuba diving is only do so much, people who reach their goals become stagnant and don't reach mine because I don't have goals I keep going.
Pros
pros about a job a good and hopeful
Cons
cons and make opinions on something I don't know too much about
Government Agency
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2015
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey conceives, builds, operates and maintains infrastructure critical to the New York/New Jersey region's trade and transportation network. These facilities include America's busiest airport system, marine terminals and ports, the PATH rail transit system, six tunnels and bridges between New York and New Jersey, the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan, and the World Trade Center.

For more than eight decades, the Port Authority has worked to improve the quality of life for the more than 17 million people who live and work in New York and New Jersey - a region that supports 8.6 million jobs with an estimated gross regional product of more than $929 billion.
Great organization to work for.
Police Sergeant/Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  New York and New JerseyFebruary 28, 2014
The Port Authority of NY/NJ is a great organization to work for. There are many opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Endless opportunities available to talented individuals possessing interest and initiative
Program Manager, Office of the COO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2013
The Port Authority of NY & NJ offers endless opportunities for education, experience across broad public transportation businesses, and participation in the development and execution of unique projects.
A great place to work due to easy commute
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2012
A typical day at work began with roll call, you were given your post assignment for the day. You were driven to your post by the relief guard, when you got to your post you cleaned up your area and did a perimeter check. You logged in the book all entrees and exits of workers.Most of my co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was working swing shifts, every week your tour and off days changed. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my pay check every two weeks. the locker room was very nice too with all modern kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, stove with oven and microwave.
Pros
you received a book of tickets to cross the bridge and tunnels for free
Cons
working the swing shift
Great benefits
Principal Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 7, 2012
The benefits are good, but not what they used to be. The environment has become extremely politically sensitive.
Great place to learn and experience
Airport Security & Technology Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2012
I was exposed to almost every aspect of my position and had the opportunity to travel to most of the airports and meet many friendly and interesting people
Pros
lots of exposure
Cons
short breaks

4.6