The Portland Clinic Employee Reviews

Good Starting Point
Registrar/Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2017
The pay is below the industry average, but upper management does receives a nice paycheck. There is also a high turnover because of this very thing. Your peers are fun, but they soon leave for higher salaries.
Pros
Employer-sponsored healthcare/dental/vision
Cons
Low pay
Family atmosphere, great team
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 8, 2017
Accomplished a great deal over 23 years. Many terrific people to work with. Stressful, but not overwhelming. The hardest part was not being properly empowered to accomplish what needs to be done. The most enjoyable part was working with others to make the Clinic's financials even better.
Pros
Wonderful employees to work with
Cons
lower salary, communication lacking, decisions made without proper data
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 20, 2017
About the portland clinic, it has its days where it can be super busy, but also be really slow, working at the portland clinic was my first job ever so it taught me how to work together as a team and to communicate with others. The management there was really nice. I think the hardest part of the job was the phone calls because calls there get so crazy at time. The best part is the patients!
Great place to work, outstanding coworkers
Clinical Laboratory Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 20, 2017
The best job I've ever had. Supervisor were amazing, as were coworkers. Decent pay, but movement from location to location was very inconvenient. Enjoyed my time there but it was clear that budget was more important than employee benefits.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Moving from location to location, sometimes in the same day.
TPC was a good company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 7, 2017
Typical day - Medical Receptionist
Learned - Medical Terminology
Management - Ok
Culture - Fun
Hardest - Opportunities
Enjoyable - People

TPC was a good company to work for.
Great place to start and for acquiring experience
Front office (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 11, 2017
Pay is not so great, though they train you well. High turn over among medical and office staff as people seek better pay. They do however offer a great work/Life balance and aren't as stringent as other medical establishments such as Legacy or Providence.
Pros
Great training opportunities, coworkers become like family
Cons
pay
Large multifaceted clinic
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 28, 2017
Typical day includes injections, breathing treatments, referrals, triage , phone calls. Working with physicians, nurses and medical assistants. Making appointments with specialists.
Great work place
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist Float (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2017
Great Friendly staff. My boss was so cool and easy to communicate with and was always available to help out. I would work here again if I ever get the opportunity to go back to Portland.
Love My Job
NCMA (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 14, 2017
I love my current job at Beaverton .Great place to work . Staff ,Pt, are great . Our Branch manger is great she gets in and helps were needed with phones . Ect .I love the Beaverton Branch .
Pros
Everyone is so helpful
enjoyable place of employment
Patient Registration Representative, Scheduler (Current Employee) –  East Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy working in the roll I am in within the company. I will say the compensation for the amount of I work I do is not up to par, given that the larger healthcare facilities pay anywhere from $2-$10 an hour more then the wage we are payed.
The Portland Clinic
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 1, 2016
The doctors I worked with were all wonderful and my peers in my department were great and truly cared about providing great patient care. Within my department we had great teamwork, communication, and supported one another. During my time at the clinic there were a lot of changes and uncertainty. We were without a Nursing Supervisor for about a year. The CEO at the time and most of the upper management didn't seem to care about its employees in the clinic setting. Constantly overloaded with work, short staffed, not very good pay, and not much incentive to stay. Big turnover rate during my time there.

With that being said they had just hired a new CEO and finally hired a Nursing Supervisor at my location in my last month of working there and seemed to be planning to make some changes.
Family Practice Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 13, 2015
Great place to work. Very friendly staff and they really care about their patients health. This is the first job that I have had where I look forward to going to work every day.
very enjoyable working environment and friendly
mammography coordinator (Current Employee) –  portland oregonMay 19, 2015
I enjoy working at the Portland clinic. The clinic feels like a family and great teamwork. The training is excellent and any upgrades we are properly trained.
Fun work place
Laboratory Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2015
At Portland Clinic I had my externship, which was very short time. love to keep busy and work hard. Great Medical Records supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an amazing staff.
Great
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2015
I had my externship there and the lady that trained me was very nice. All of the patients seemed to love the Doctors, Nurses and Medical Assistants there.
Fun place to be
CMA AND LPN (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 4, 2015
Fun and exciting place to be. Staff and co-workers were top notch. Learned many skills including patient triage, referrals and overall patient care.Doctors were great. Learned about hospital care and its involvement with a clinic. Long hours were hardest part of job. Best part was the patients and people.
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
Commute was intense
great place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2013
Where the Portland Clinic lacks in pay they make up for in many other ways. I found it to be more of a family than just coworkers. Great place to work
Great place to work for and is good for learning .
medical assisitant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro oregonJanuary 23, 2013
I enjoy working for the TPC it is a wonderful place to work .The people are fun to work with it is easy to become a team player !
enjoying my co-workers
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 7, 2013
Love to keep busy,work hard and learn fast.
Epic system, and On Base, can scan into epic and on base and also index.
Record Release.
Work well with management, also manage my time.
Work great with co-workers to make a great team.
To locate a file that is missing or misfile.(or under a desk)
Knowing that I can work well with people, completing my work on time,and learning new things to do.
Being a part of a team helping patients regain their normal life style is both exceptionally satisfying and rewarding.
Physical Therapy Aide II (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2012
- Fun, busy and effective workflow with bringing in patients, working with patients through exercise, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, administrating ultrasound and special exercises and arrangements.

- Not every patient is the same.

- Outstanding, supportive and fair.

- A wonderful dance between Physical Therapist and Aides. Very much a team atmosphere.

- Saying good bye to patients after rehab is hard.

- Working with patients and being a part of their progress. Patients come back not only because you’ve done a great job but because we make them feel a part of our family. The medical field is an area where I truly feel as if I am making a difference in someone’s life. I have been incredibly fortunate to have worked with three amazing and outstanding therapist. A patient once asked me how long I have been working with the clinic….my answer was “not long enough”.
Pros
rewarding on all levels
Cons
i truly have non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Portland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2