The Potomac School

The Potomac School United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Camp Advisor (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 8, 2015
A typical day at the camp consisted of gathering the kids in the camp,for drills and to play exhibition games. I was able to teach the campers some basic skills of basketball.
The Potomac School is an exemplary place to work. They are a perfect example of a school that goes by their won rules.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: i drove a school bus, so the pros were the salary advantage over other schools, i could bring my own children, who were small, with me to work and on the bus.
Cons: i lived at least 45 mins away, so it was a long drive to and from .....
The Potomac School is a wonderful place to work and for children to go to school. It is an old school established in a very affluent section of McLean, Virginia. Wonderful place to work...everyone was very police and considerate of each other...It was like a dream school...we went on field trips in DC almost every week...my children came with me since they were little then. It was a difficult commute, but well worth it...Salary was well above that of public school.
Great Staff, Great Students recent new management making changes and letting key people go.
School Security (Current Employee), McLean, VANovember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits decent
Cons: new head of school laying people off
Traffic management and Id check.
management to me has been better in the past
co-workers are super
dealing with the new head of school
the staff and students and parents
Great students, great colleagues, weak leadership
Faculty (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 25, 2014
The leadership in the Upper School, and until recently, in the highest positions of the school, Potomac values keeping one's head below the level of the foxhole; another analogy would be the 'ostrich in the sand' approach to management. If, however, you value working with smart and motivated students, even smarter colleagues (who sadly don't remain at the school long enough because of said management philosophy) and are willing to avoid or ignore the managerial disasters, this is a great workplace.