The Administrator/Director works in connection with the leadership of the church and is responsible for the sound management and operation of the Creative Center for Children and the Presbyterian Preschool. The director will collaborate with the families to support the educational needs of the children as well as inspire each child’s potential through developmentally appropriate curriculum, inclusive environment and strong family and community partnerships.
The Administrator/Director will report directly to Director of Programs and Administration of The Presbyterian Church.
The Director must possess the professional and personal skills necessary to fulfill the purpose and duties of the position:
- Knowledge of Ohio childcare licensing regulations
- Knowledge of the Ohio Step Up to Quality volunteer quality rating system standards
- Knowledge of USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program and Butler County Department of Jobs and Family Services.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written; good presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff, children, families, outside agencies, the community and church-related staff, ministries and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise and motivate staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of child development, birth through school age.
- Firm grasp of financial planning as related to school budgets, forecasting, salary benchmarking, reporting methods, etc.
- Lead, plan, coordinate and improve services and program of the CCC and Preschool
- Deliver high quality early childhood and school age programs which meet developmental needs of the children
- Plan, coordinate and lead efforts to achieve Step Up to Quality Star Rating
- Ensure all programs are compliant with state licensing laws.
- Monitor program enrollment and staffing patterns for maximum efficiency and effective use of program space and resources
- Create and manage budgets, working with and reporting to church trustees regularly
Operate school programs to meet the "Self Sustaining Ministry" guidelines as established by the Trustees.
- Oversee administrative duties and contract obligations of Butler County Department of Jobs and Family Services and USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program