The Princeton Review

The Princeton Review Employee Reviews

Good
Site Manager/Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
This position provided managerial skills which helped in the areas of managing the program, including student recruiting, registration, payroll, attendance, student assessments, hiring and training staff.
Good stepping stone
Marketing (Former Employee), Natick, MAJune 23, 2015
Good stepping stone company, overall great office atmosphere. Some turn over and change in higher level management roles.
Longstanding institution that adapts to the times
Freelance writer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
The Princeton Review has had to perform the proverbial pivot several times throughout its existence (which began focusing entirely on test prep), and it's managed to come out on the right side of its employees and customers each time. It treats employees and freelancers well and value loyalty, and hold itself to the highest standards.
Fun place with a ping pong table
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Natick, MAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, field trips, parties, great benefits
Cons: no advancement, layoffs
Like any job and company there are pros and cons - the people I have encountered and worked with have been fantastic. Since starting with the company I have encountered nothing but helpful people who are dedicated and committed to helping students. The company provides free lunches, have little parties for holidays, and even provided a ping pong table to boost the fun. There is no doubt that The Princeton Review has some super perks to working there, however after relocating for a promotion with the company I was laid off less than a year of moving. I've been with the company a total of one year and have dedicated my time to this company by coming in early and staying late yet once merging with another company TPR has done major layoffs. So like all companies there are good and bad things - however I would recommend a job here for anyone.
Good Work- no involvement
Teacher (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 27, 2015
I have never met my coworkers, I have only seen my managers at training. I have nobody watching what I do from over my shoulder. I am able to teach and do what I need to without having the trouble of grading papers, or lesson planning, because that is all done for me.
Great place to start
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Hello,

I am resigning but there are passionate people here who care about what they do. I've enjoyed the entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and a sense of having a family away from home.

It's a shame I outgrew my position and something else wasn't readily available.
Pretty Fantastic Place to Work
Teacher (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2015
I really like working with TPR. The people who run the office that I work with are fantastic, caring about educating students above everything else. The teaching itself is very flexible to my schedule, and pays reasonably well. This is the best job I have had so far and I look forward to being with them for the next couple of years.
THE REVIEW
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
The job was an overall delight the culture was beautiful and diverse. Everyone was very professional and polite. My supervisor was very pleasant and supportive
Not Bad
Educational Advisor (Current Employee), OlyphanntMarch 5, 2015
answered phone calls and help students and parents pick courses and tutoring for preparing for standardized tests. Not a bad place to work however very little room for advancement
The perfect part-time job...
Test Prep Teacher, Premier Tutor, R & D (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: high hourly wage, helping students
Cons: unpredictable workload
...in fact, I wish I could do it full-time. TPR has provided me with the extra income that I wish I could get from my full-time jobs. A typical TPR workday starts after 5 when I get off of my day job when I drive to a student's house for 1-2 hours of tutoring. Or, maybe it is a Saturday or Sunday (or both), when I will group 2 or 3 1-2 hour tutoring appointments, maybe with a 3 hour class thrown in. I really do love this job: working with young, motivated people is very energizing. The pay is great, too, but I cannot get enough hours on a regular basis to make it something I can do full-time. I also got to participate in some R & D projects, which was very challenging and fulfilling.
Review
Educational Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Scranton, PAFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy coming into work every day and helping students find the best prep program that fits their needs best for test preparation. I am a competitive person, so the ability to sell and work on a successful outbound team makes me strive to do the best job I can daily, and to make the most revenue possibly in a day to surpass my monthly goals. Our company has a lot of great people to work for and with. This makes it very easy to wake up every day, and want to come into work to put in a great days work. Having the ability to utilize my personal time and vacation time when needed also is a great benefit to have especially when you have a family and children. The highlight of this past year was growing our outbound team again to a four person team, and also getting adjusted to the new commission payout scale. Also then having tutor.com join The Princeton Review, and knowing that there will be a lot of great new things to look forward to with growth, opportunities, and success.
I feel that my most significant accomplishments come with looking back on certain months where I crushed my individual monthly revenue goals with bringing in much success to myself and overall for the company. I feel that I have achieved working with sales force ten times over from when we first brought it into our company for use. Utilizing sales force and operating it at a high standard level shows in my individual goal success that working with accounts on a daily/weekly basis does have impact.
I really believe that our management team has come a long way to understanding how the outbound side of the company – more... works with bringing in the type of revenue we achieve. Understanding that abandoned shopping cart leads from the website and chat leads are a big source of outbound’s revenue but also coming a long way with working with the local offices to achieve more efficient and qualified lead lists for our team to work with. Possibly implementing monthly or quarterly meetings to just go over all aspects that may need to be covered on a sales team basis to make sure we are achieving the best individual and team overall revenue success.
Lastly, I feel that we need to just keep up with the continued success as an outbound team and an overall sales team in general for the contact center, and we will have great benefits to come for the future. I really feel that we are continuing to change and grow daily, in which makes us a better sales team. Staying focused and organized is key to success, and in order to maintain that I still feel that we need to implement some sort of contact center monthly or quarterly sales meetings to just go over everything necessary. – less
Great place to work.
Online Product Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Framingham, MADecember 13, 2014
Supportive and motivating atmosphere. Friendly and sophisticated staff. Managers are always improving themselves in order to improve work flow and support teams. Growth is offered to any ambitious employees and support for improvement is easily made available.
Productive and esasy going environment
Proctor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: fair pay
Cons: not enough hours
The Princeton Review had awesome management. I would mostly work at High schools and Colleges. I mostly worked among High School and middle school students. Interacting with students were the most fun of the job.
Good part-time job for college student
Proctor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: choose your own hours, allowed to study during shifts
Cons: compete with other coworkers for hours on a weekly basis
Remember those adults that used to stand in the rooms while you took your ACT/SAT practice tests?

This is that job.

You essentially keep students on a strict schedule so they finish and start promptly. Tests range from 4 - 4.5 hours during which you're allowed to read a book, bring your laptop, study for school, etc. Your responsibilities don't extend much further than calling 5 minutes before each section is over and making sure students aren't cheating.

There's not much room for advancement, but it's a good job for college students looking for something as simple as an extra $40-$80 a week.

You choose your own hours on a weekly basis by picking from the shift available for that week. But keep in mind that you're competing with all the other proctors at the branch for those exact shifts. That's why $40-80 is the average you can earn a week.
Standardized Assessment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 20, 2014
At this position involved scheduling the class meetings for LSAT, MCAT, SAT and GRE. After a session was completed, a test was administered. I would proctor the tests and later score them and enter the results in a computer. The job was part time, so the 4 hours I was there pretty much were for me to complete those duties entirely.
na
Private Level Tutoring Coordinator (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 9, 2014
• Provides high level customer support for students through care calls, classroom visits, effective communication, follow through, and upselling
• Serves as direct liaison for private tutoring students and tutors in the New Jersey market
• Reinforces positive brand recognition and referral cycles
• Individually consults prospective students and parents in order to drive sales of private tutorials
• Assigns tutors to tutorials, looking for the best match of student and tutor
• Increases tutorial revenue by ways of upsell and cross-sell of additional programs to existing students
• Participates in market-wide sales initiatives, including individual consultations and large presentations to groups
• Maintains a healthy relationship between tutors, teachers, students and office staff
Helped school kids with thier work
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 30, 2014
• Diligent individual able to work in an environment that is conducive to growth and team participation
• Good computer skills
• Good customer service with professionalism and diplomacy through good interpersonal and communication skills
Great Culture
Executive Director (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMay 20, 2014
Pros: large corporate company & i learned a lot about business structure
Cons: favoritism amongst divisions
Constant communication with higher ups. I learned a lot about corporate business structure and how things were expected from a board of directors. Management was effective, smart and always educating us. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the limited budget for my division. The most enjoyable part was the company culture and relaxed atmosphere.
Horrible!!
Student coordinator (Former Employee), Student services coordinatorMay 4, 2014
Pros: you can come and go as you please
Cons: horrible pay and unethical company
If you swear, are an alcoholic, are unethical, no morale, disorganized, and want to get paid less than you are worth, this may be your company.
All employees have the perfect mix of professionalism and fun.
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2014
A typical day is comprised of assisting customers in selecting classes for their students, enrolling them in said classes, and answering any questions they may have regarding the company. While with the Princeton Review, I have learned more about office administration as well as education, be it high school or graduate studies. The company is very well managed and works effectively with all branches across the company. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to please every customer. Sometimes a class that was selected needed to be cancelled and rescheduled due to low enrollment and there were times that a student's schedule would not allow them to participate in the rescheduled course. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting calls from ecstatic parents when their students got their official test scores back and/or got into the college they wanted. It is a great feeling to assist someone on their way to achieving their dreams.