The Princeton Review Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Administrative (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 9, 2017
Very limited to in-house advancement. Overall, a great place to work to build your basic skills but not challenging enough for someone who enjoys data analysis. They should really consider offering travel compensation since you end up having to drive around a lot.
Great
Quantitative Aptitude & Statistics Trainer (Former Employee) –  QAAugust 14, 2017
Highly Recommended. The management is very helpful and supportive. They pay well. They treat well. I left because of the higher studies otherwise I would love to work anyday.
Best part time job but worst full time job
Teacher and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2017
As a teacher/trainer, you usually can work as much as you want or as little. It is really high paying and if you are in a strong office you have many chances to teach. The upper management aren't great and have no idea on how to run a business.
Great Work Environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Steady work and good communication between staff and management. A diverse range of projects and opportunities. Wonderful colleagues and lots of support.
Variable work opportunities
Master Trainer / Territory Manager / Author (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 26, 2017
Most teaching positions within this company are part-time. There are no benefits (anymore) to part-time employees. The wages for a person with a college degree are sub-standard, but excellent for non-degreed people. The amount of work one can have is variable and seasonal and generally not easy to make a living from this work alone. Teaching work with The Princeton Review should be a second job or one of two or more part-time jobs if you plan on sustaining yourself.
Pros
Good hourly wages
Cons
Inconsistent opportunities for work
Great work cultute
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2017
I loved my managers, the products, the people.
I always felt challenged to learn more, they have a great initiative to expand your credentials.
I participated in their book group, which was a cool idea to have since our offices are nationwide.
fun
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
the prince review has alot of perks for example happy hour days. Also the provide a good work environment and competitive salary and benefits. overall good place to work
Great office staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 18, 2017
Staff at the Princeton Review office in which I work is very friendly and great to work with. I have learned a great deal from my supervisors and coworkers.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Effective and Gratifying
Mathematics Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day is full of professional development of different levels of instructors with diverse backgrounds who are eager to learn. The rewarding part of the job is seeing growth from one level to another.
Laid back, can be as involved as you wish
SAT Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
If you want to be involved then there are plenty of opportunities to really give yourself work and put yourself out there but there is a great balance between work and life.
college job
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2017
no real management, good pay for a college student. flexible hours, no room to grow a career with. need more motivation. no training, more learn as you go.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no direction from management
Great Flexibility
SAT/ACT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2016
If you are looking for a job that allows you great flexibility and access to some fun money, this is a great opportunity to gain some public speaking, teaching, and independent working experiences.
long days with short pay
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2016
This company is making a killing off tax payer money that should go directly to schools. Most off the individuals working for TPR are at qualified. This includes myself at the time. I was amazed that I got the job. Once I started working in the public schools I felt gulity. I quickly learned the students and schools would benefit more if funding went straight to them as oppose to a private company with unqualified staff.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long days, no resources
Great People!
SAT Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Administer and proctor SAT practice tests; assist students in learning SAT preparation techniques according to The Princeton Review's paradigm
The Princeton Review
Assistant Director of Graduate Programs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
I worked for the Princeton Review as the Assistant Director of Graduate Programs in the Course Operations Division. People at the Princeton Review work very hard and all the time.
Pros
Brilliant, wonderful people
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
Great place
SAT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYNovember 1, 2015
Honestly amazing company however you must earn yours. Hard work that equals vast rewards. Just could not stay. I thought I could do this and school. Didn't work out.
Princeton Review
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2015
I had an awesome experience. There was great pay, awesome work environment and an overall fantastic experience and loved the location.
Unexperienced managers
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed going into various schools and being in the field the majority of the time. Management was not approachable and were rewarded with bonus based off their staffs hard word. Money was mismanaged and let to the office being closed down.
Pros
Helping children improve their reading and math scores
Cons
Very interesting and challenging work environment. Great working with professors and students.
Director (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 25, 2015
The Princeton Review has a great product in all their courses, and impressive selection of teachers. It was great providing guidance and support to all kids and college students, while running a fast pace office.
clique-y, no one moves up unless they like you
Operations Coordinator/Tutoring Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 10, 2015
horrible environment to work in, management has no clear idea of right and wrong, no flexibility in work/life/family balance and not paid enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Princeton Review. Our community is ready to answer.