The Princeton Review Employee Reviews

Effective and Gratifying
Mathematics Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day is full of professional development of different levels of instructors with diverse backgrounds who are eager to learn. The rewarding part of the job is seeing growth from one level to another.
college job
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2017
no real management, good pay for a college student. flexible hours, no room to grow a career with. need more motivation. no training, more learn as you go.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no direction from management
Great Flexibility
SAT/ACT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2016
If you are looking for a job that allows you great flexibility and access to some fun money, this is a great opportunity to gain some public speaking, teaching, and independent working experiences.
long days with short pay
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2016
This company is making a killing off tax payer money that should go directly to schools. Most off the individuals working for TPR are at qualified. This includes myself at the time. I was amazed that I got the job. Once I started working in the public schools I felt gulity. I quickly learned the students and schools would benefit more if funding went straight to them as oppose to a private company with unqualified staff.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long days, no resources
Great People!
SAT Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Administer and proctor SAT practice tests; assist students in learning SAT preparation techniques according to The Princeton Review's paradigm
The Princeton Review
Assistant Director of Graduate Programs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
I worked for the Princeton Review as the Assistant Director of Graduate Programs in the Course Operations Division. People at the Princeton Review work very hard and all the time.
Pros
Brilliant, wonderful people
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
Great place
SAT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYNovember 1, 2015
Honestly amazing company however you must earn yours. Hard work that equals vast rewards. Just could not stay. I thought I could do this and school. Didn't work out.
Princeton Review
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2015
I had an awesome experience. There was great pay, awesome work environment and an overall fantastic experience and loved the location.
Unexperienced managers
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed going into various schools and being in the field the majority of the time. Management was not approachable and were rewarded with bonus based off their staffs hard word. Money was mismanaged and let to the office being closed down.
Pros
Helping children improve their reading and math scores
Cons
Very interesting and challenging work environment. Great working with professors and students.
Director (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 25, 2015
The Princeton Review has a great product in all their courses, and impressive selection of teachers. It was great providing guidance and support to all kids and college students, while running a fast pace office.
clique-y, no one moves up unless they like you
Operations Coordinator/Tutoring Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 10, 2015
horrible environment to work in, management has no clear idea of right and wrong, no flexibility in work/life/family balance and not paid enough.
Work with genuine people
Partnership Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be meeting with my supervisors to plan a marketing plan for the week. What locations and programs we would be pushing each week. The people are great and the work environment was great.
Good
Site Manager/Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
This position provided managerial skills which helped in the areas of managing the program, including student recruiting, registration, payroll, attendance, student assessments, hiring and training staff.
Good stepping stone
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 23, 2015
Good stepping stone company, overall great office atmosphere. Some turn over and change in higher level management roles.
Longstanding institution that adapts to the times
Freelance writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
The Princeton Review has had to perform the proverbial pivot several times throughout its existence (which began focusing entirely on test prep), and it's managed to come out on the right side of its employees and customers each time. It treats employees and freelancers well and value loyalty, and hold itself to the highest standards.
Fun place with a ping pong table
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 28, 2015
Like any job and company there are pros and cons - the people I have encountered and worked with have been fantastic. Since starting with the company I have encountered nothing but helpful people who are dedicated and committed to helping students. The company provides free lunches, have little parties for holidays, and even provided a ping pong table to boost the fun. There is no doubt that The Princeton Review has some super perks to working there, however after relocating for a promotion with the company I was laid off less than a year of moving. I've been with the company a total of one year and have dedicated my time to this company by coming in early and staying late yet once merging with another company TPR has done major layoffs. So like all companies there are good and bad things - however I would recommend a job here for anyone.
Pros
Free lunches, field trips, parties, great benefits
Cons
no advancement, layoffs
Good Work- no involvement
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 27, 2015
I have never met my coworkers, I have only seen my managers at training. I have nobody watching what I do from over my shoulder. I am able to teach and do what I need to without having the trouble of grading papers, or lesson planning, because that is all done for me.
Great place to start
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Hello,

I am resigning but there are passionate people here who care about what they do. I've enjoyed the entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and a sense of having a family away from home.

It's a shame I outgrew my position and something else wasn't readily available.
Pretty Fantastic Place to Work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2015
I really like working with TPR. The people who run the office that I work with are fantastic, caring about educating students above everything else. The teaching itself is very flexible to my schedule, and pays reasonably well. This is the best job I have had so far and I look forward to being with them for the next couple of years.
The review
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
The job was an overall delight the culture was beautiful and diverse. Everyone was very professional and polite. My supervisor was very pleasant and supportive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Princeton Review. Our community is ready to answer.

The Princeton Review Reviews by Job Title