The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employee Reviews

23 yrs
Bank Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 7, 2013
During my time at the Provident, I have learned to deal with all types of personalities, customers, management, & co workers. Some are very trying, some are a pleasure. A typical day is dealing with customers & focusing on their needs. Every day is almost a carbon copy of the day before. When I started this job 23 yrs ago I loved the people I worked with & serviced on a daily basis, & for the most part I still do. The last 4 yrs have been the hardest due to the implement of sales & the requirements set by the upper management. The job has become very stressful, due to the threat of termination if these requirements are not met.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sales
Not good to branch employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge NJJanuary 11, 2015
Saw a lot of good hard working people lose their jobs because all the bank cares about is meeting sales goals Even though people try their hardest that was never good enough I will never ever associate with that bank or recommend it to anyone who wants job security Management in branches are great but upper management are another story Heartless and do not care about their employees But are scared of the ones who threaten them with lawsuits
Pros
Co - workers nice to work with
Cons
everything else
Great start
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 22, 2012
Good place to work and start a career. Good work/life balance. Nice management.
Pros
work life
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  WoodbridgeJuly 13, 2015
Provident is a small bank that will one day become one of the big banks, great company and very good benefits. I would recommend to everyone.
Pros
great company
Cons
not a lot of branches
Productive Environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 17, 2012
A great Company to work for. Manager cares about your advancement. Opportunity to grow within.
Pros
benefits, advancement
Cons
working on saturdays
great place to work, a family like environment
Full Time Teller - Designated Teller Trainer (Former Employee) –  teaneck, nj 07666August 8, 2015
I loved working for this company. My manager was extremely accommodating. This company strives for its employees and wants to see them succeed. Many opportunities to move up or around as desired. The only reason I left was because I moved out of New Jersey, and Provident Bank is located in New Jersey only.

I would recommend The Provident Bank to anyone looking in New Jersey.
Review
Customer Service Representitve (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJAugust 6, 2012
Serious, but fun workplace. Co-workers were great! My manager/assistant manager and regional manager were wonderful to work for/with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers, speaking with older ones, helping prospective customers with their questions and needs.
Pros
great place to work : the people, the benefits, the customers
Cons
i can't think of any!
Terrible Place/Good luck
Former Teller/Platform (Former Employee) –  DunellenApril 26, 2014
Get ready to do your job and someone elses, management is not helpful, not a teamwork environment, very stressful, can barely talk or laugh with employees. Management is not trust worthy and do not follow policy and procedures, Your on your own. If someone gave me the heads up regarding Provident, I would have never applied.
Pros
What you make of it.
Cons
Co-workers are what help you to get through the day.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 29, 2012
A very stressful work environment with more focus on sales instead of customer service. It is very hard to advance and the management is not very hands on. My co-workers however are very cooperative and fun to work with.
Pros
flexibility with work schedule.
Cons
long days with no breaks, poor healthcare, low pay.
Micro managed but successful business
Radio personality/ Reporter (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMay 13, 2012
Micro managed but successful business. Its not my field of choice or what I majored in, I would like to start my career and Provident does not have the means to let me do so.
Great surroundings
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ 07306February 15, 2012
Fun loving atmosphere, treated everyone fairly, advancement, breaks were long and work was steady
Pros
bonsuses
Cons
long hrs
Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Monroe Township NJJune 15, 2013
A typical day at work considered of opening my cash drawer and starting my computer.

I would count money, decide what holds were put on checks, do cash advances, deposit and w/d money for customers,
Also cut money orders and checks.
Cross sell our product to different customers. Also would let customers into the safety deposit boxes.'

Help our customers feel comfortable and safe in our brance.

Sometimes I would prove out the ATM.

At the end of the day I was expected to prove my cash drawer to the penny and help prove the branch.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unfortunately I got held up once, with a gun to my head.
Very Productive and Growing Branch
Banking Center Manager/AVP (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJSeptember 19, 2012
Always looked forward to going to work at the branch all my co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Opportunities for advancement.
it is okay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJanuary 14, 2013
overall work is not too difficult. main problem is that not a lot of advancement occurs.
Great bank to work for
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 15, 2012
A typical day at the Provident Bank for me was coming in and reviewing daily reports. I also reviewed reports that were pulled from associates that I was directly in charge of. Doing the daily balancing of the branch and all tellers, handling customer inquiries, new accounts, customer complaints, and all areas of customer service face to face. I was directly in charge of 3-5 employees and was responsible for my sales goals as well as there goals. Provided monthly coaching and daily huddles to employees.
Good work environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJSeptember 19, 2012
Overall, My experience here has been a positive one. Management is very supportive and cares about their employees.
customer service
Teller/Platform (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
a typical day at work open branch count vault turn of Alarms .I learn how to work with Customers in a fast Environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my code workers.
Challening but educational
Bank Teller / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2015
This particular branch is consistently busy and many different personalities are dealt with on a daily basis. I've learned to have more patience with people over all and how to sell products to consumers. I would say it has definitely been a challenge but I've realized that retail banking is not a field I wish to remain in.
Energetic work enviorment
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pt Pleasant, NJDecember 5, 2014
The Provident Bank is a great place to work. I learned how to set goals i.e. professional and personal and how to successfully accomplish them. Energetic work environment, everyone works well together.
Productive place to work
SENIOR SECRETARY - Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2014
Liked everyone there
Co-workers were nice
Hardest part of the job was older bldg - elevators always broke down
Most enjoyable part of job - in charge of ordering office supplies and keeping stocked
Pros
Got to prepare Financial Statement booklets
Cons
The moved into a very old building downtown - were in a newer building when I accepted the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Provident Bank of New Jersey. Our community is ready to answer.