The Provident Bank of New Jersey

The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employer Reviews

Terrible Place/Good luck
Former Teller/Platform (Former Employee), DunellenApril 26, 2014
Pros: what you make of it.
Cons: everything
Get ready to do your job and someone elses, management is not helpful, not a teamwork environment, very stressful, can barely talk or laugh with employees. Management is not trust worthy and do not follow policy and procedures, Your on your own. If someone gave me the heads up regarding Provident, I would have never applied.
Consumer Lending Closing Coordinator (Current Employee), Iselin, NJ 08830March 14, 2014
interact with clients, bank personal, and other institutions
Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Monroe Township NJJune 15, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: unfortunately i got held up once, with a gun to my head.
A typical day at work considered of opening my cash drawer and starting my computer.

I would count money, decide what holds were put on checks, do cash advances, deposit and w/d money for customers,
Also cut money orders and checks.
Cross sell our product to different customers. Also would let customers into the safety deposit boxes.'

Help our customers – more... feel comfortable and safe in our brance.

Sometimes I would prove out the ATM.

At the end of the day I was expected to prove my cash drawer to the penny and help prove the branch. – less
23 yrs
Bank Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: sales
During my time at the Provident, I have learned to deal with all types of personalities, customers, management, & co workers. Some are very trying, some are a pleasure. A typical day is dealing with customers & focusing on their needs. Every day is almost a carbon copy of the day before. When I started this job 23 yrs ago I loved the people I worked – more... with & serviced on a daily basis, & for the most part I still do. The last 4 yrs have been the hardest due to the implement of sales & the requirements set by the upper management. The job has become very stressful, due to the threat of termination if these requirements are not met. – less
it is okay
Teller (Current Employee), Bloomfield, NJJanuary 14, 2013
overall work is not too difficult. main problem is that not a lot of advancement occurs.
Great bank to work for
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 15, 2012
A typical day at the Provident Bank for me was coming in and reviewing daily reports. I also reviewed reports that were pulled from associates that I was directly in charge of. Doing the daily balancing of the branch and all tellers, handling customer inquiries, new accounts, customer complaints, and all areas of customer service face to face. I was – more... directly in charge of 3-5 employees and was responsible for my sales goals as well as there goals. Provided monthly coaching and daily huddles to employees. – less
Co-workers are what help you to get through the day.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: flexibility with work schedule.
Cons: long days with no breaks, poor healthcare, low pay.
A very stressful work environment with more focus on sales instead of customer service. It is very hard to advance and the management is not very hands on. My co-workers however are very cooperative and fun to work with.
Good work environment
Teller (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJSeptember 19, 2012
Overall, My experience here has been a positive one. Management is very supportive and cares about their employees.
Very Productive and Growing Branch
Banking Center Manager/AVP (Former Employee), Clark, NJSeptember 19, 2012
Always looked forward to going to work at the branch all my co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Opportunities for advancement.
Productive Environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: benefits, advancement
Cons: working on saturdays
A great Company to work for. Manager cares about your advancement. Opportunity to grow within.
Review
Customer Service Representitve (Former Employee), Manasquan, NJAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great place to work : the people, the benefits, the customers
Cons: i can't think of any!
Serious, but fun workplace. Co-workers were great! My manager/assistant manager and regional manager were wonderful to work for/with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers, speaking with older ones, helping prospective customers with their questions and needs.
Micro managed but successful business
Radio personality/ Reporter (Current Employee), Bloomfield, NJMay 13, 2012
Micro managed but successful business. Its not my field of choice or what I majored in, I would like to start my career and Provident does not have the means to let me do so.
Great start
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Morristown, NJApril 22, 2012
Pros: work life
Good place to work and start a career. Good work/life balance. Nice management.
Great surroundings
Clerk (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJ 07306February 15, 2012
Pros: bonsuses
Cons: long hrs
Fun loving atmosphere, treated everyone fairly, advancement, breaks were long and work was steady