The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employee Reviews

Favorite place Ive ever worked!
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocean Township, njAugust 22, 2017
The culture and wirk environment were awesome. All of the employees got along and genuinely liked eachother and we all worked so well together. The job was consistent day to day.
Pros
Gained a lot of financial knowledge
Cons
Fast Paced and keeps you busy. fun to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Milltown, NJAugust 16, 2017
Typical day at work would be accepting deposits, withdrawals, counting my drawer money.

I learned how to communicate with the customer. Build customer's trust with the bank.

Every part of the job was enjoyable. The coworkers were very friendly.
Internship
Loan Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 18, 2017
My experience as an intern was that I was bored most of the time. Not sure if full time employees felt the same way but I did not have much to do. enjoyed people I worked with.
Depends on branch
Teller (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2017
different branches work differently. but not a bad company. good for young students who are still going to school...wouldnt make this a longterm career choice, even though you tend to get comfortable.
very very very bad... ashamed that i wasted my time working there
Service representstive (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMay 3, 2017
The job environment was beyond bad. HR is very weak and the language that being used at work wouldn't be even used in a work place. i am ashamed that i worked for this company. its like high school with bulling and bad language and insult.
Sales
Teller II (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 15, 2017
All they want you to do is sell sell sell!!!!! They treat you like a child. They have huddles everyday,coaching every month on sales only. They want you to have a action plan for the week on how you are going to get sales. You have to make 10 calls a day plus once a month a call night with 20 names to call. They listen in on your calls. Management doesn't have to do any selling. You have to reach your goals every month. If you don't they want answers. Banking has really gotten bad. I've worked here for 15 years and I am so stressed out. This job is going to kill me!!!!! Whatever happen to tellers just being tellers and waiting on customers. Instead we scare them away with sales. They also want you to look into all of the customers accounts and look at all of their transactions whether it be checks they wrote or their use of their debit card.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Sales
productve and fun workplace
AUTOMATION ENGINEER/ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 9, 2017
It is cool to work there. All the other employees are very friendly and easy going. Good place to work for anyone, it is a fun workplace. I liked it very much.
great bank
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ 07960August 10, 2016
Provident bank great place to work. Friendly staff and great products. The downside is trying to get your monthly referrals.
great place to work, a family like environment
Full Time Teller - Designated Teller Trainer (Former Employee) –  teaneck, nj 07666August 8, 2015
I loved working for this company. My manager was extremely accommodating. This company strives for its employees and wants to see them succeed. Many opportunities to move up or around as desired. The only reason I left was because I moved out of New Jersey, and Provident Bank is located in New Jersey only.

I would recommend The Provident Bank to anyone looking in New Jersey.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  WoodbridgeJuly 13, 2015
Provident is a small bank that will one day become one of the big banks, great company and very good benefits. I would recommend to everyone.
Pros
great company
Cons
not a lot of branches
customer service
Teller/Platform (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
a typical day at work open branch count vault turn of Alarms .I learn how to work with Customers in a fast Environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my code workers.
Work enviroment!!!
TELLER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  DUMONTMay 18, 2015
Provident bank keeps you movitated to work towards helping your branch be profitable. They spend good money in train you to succeed.
I was involved with decisioning Credit Applications
Home Equity Credit Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2015
I was an important part of the credit application process. I was also involved with training employees and working with other departments.
Challening but educational
Bank Teller / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2015
This particular branch is consistently busy and many different personalities are dealt with on a daily basis. I've learned to have more patience with people over all and how to sell products to consumers. I would say it has definitely been a challenge but I've realized that retail banking is not a field I wish to remain in.
Not good to branch employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge NJJanuary 11, 2015
Saw a lot of good hard working people lose their jobs because all the bank cares about is meeting sales goals Even though people try their hardest that was never good enough I will never ever associate with that bank or recommend it to anyone who wants job security Management in branches are great but upper management are another story Heartless and do not care about their employees But are scared of the ones who threaten them with lawsuits
Pros
Co - workers nice to work with
Cons
everything else
Energetic work enviorment
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pt Pleasant, NJDecember 5, 2014
The Provident Bank is a great place to work. I learned how to set goals i.e. professional and personal and how to successfully accomplish them. Energetic work environment, everyone works well together.
Productive, family oriented company.
TREASURY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 8, 2014
A productive fun pace of business to work. Big on leadership activities by giving back to communities. They partner with Habitat for Humanity and different organizations.
Great place to work!
❸ Bank teller (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Provident Bank is a great company. There is a lot of room for growth and upward progression within the ranks.
nice
Teacher Aid/ Paraprofessional BA (Former Employee) –  parsippany njAugust 27, 2014
handling money
customer service
customers are great
had to judge the people due to them all not working there anymore
Productive work place, with growth potential, and great coworkers.
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 19, 2014
A wonderful company that has diversity and growth potential.