Due to consistent growth our client, Public Consulting Group, Inc., has a new opening for a medical coder.
Your attitude is that of a self-starter and will loves to “roll up your sleeves” and dig in.
- Strong knowledge of inpatient ICD-9 CM coding (DRG), medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- General knowledge of Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) is a plus.
- High School degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certified Medical Coder (CPC, CCS) with high degree of competence in this area.
- ICD-9 coding experience; preferred is at least 5 years of work experience with inpatient ICD-9 coding.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Power Point is required.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 700 professionals in 28 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.