Race Director Multi-Sport Event (Miami / Atlanta / Las Vegas / San Deigo)
The Rat Race LLC. is an athletic events production company based in Texas. In 2013 The Rat Race, LLC. will produce 5 new and dramatically unique multi-sport events in 5 major US markets, in 2014 The Rat Race, LLC. will be in 16 US markets, and by the end of 2015-16 The Rat Race LLC. will be in 25 of the major US cities. The Rat Race, LLC. has developed local brand recognition as the leader in athletic events production and executed several years worth of AAA class athletic events. We focus on quality of the athlete experience and delivery of value not achieved by our competitors. The Rat Race, LLC. produced events that are clearly the highest quality in several classes of competitive athletic events (triathlons, road and off-road runs.)
This position reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for the following:
- Manage the planning, organizing and staging of all The Rat Race, LLC events course development and mapping
- Permitting and licensing
- Outsourcing/Contractor procurement
- Staffing plans and team management
- Volunteer requirements
- Sponsor fulfillment
- Safety and communication plans
- Working with local and city government offices
- Development of local grass roots marketing specific to each host city and the unique environment within the athletic community.
- Minimum 3-5 years race management experience
- Minimum 10 triathlons as Race Director in established markets at credible events.
- Ability to clearly articulate your vision on how to direct and organize races and how to communicate that vision effectively to team members
- Have a proven ability to work with peer, community and volunteer groups
- Skillful communicator able to effectively interact with a diverse group of personalities
- Have a proven ability to work in partnership with an executive team to create strategic and visionary direction for an organization
- Effective leader, able to build consensus among all constituencies
- Effective oral and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle fast-paced, deadline driven environment, with attention to detail and ability to maintain a calm presence during challenging situations
- Four-year degree preferable
- Experience with non-profits and volunteerism a plus
- Ability to travel for industry related events within your host city
*Salary*: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, salary qualifications and a resume
This position has very-very specific prerequisite prior job requirements. If you do not have the at least the minimum qualifications you resume and email will be deleted. This is not a learn as you go type roll. I am only looking for tenured race directors with a proven history of Race Directing.
***If you do not have prior experience please DO NOT apply.
Position Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Cities: Miami / Atlanta / Las Vegas / San Diego
Willing to Relocate: N/A
Willing to Travel: N/A
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years