The Raymond Corporation Employee Reviews

worst place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  muscantineOctober 31, 2017
management did not fix problems to much favortisim some people did nothing others worked hard and got screwed. ran it like a prison say anything about problems you got the worst jobs there. worst management I ever worked for. did not know or care about fixing problems and treating workers fairly then wonder why they have such a extremely high turn over
wild west
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
my manager here ran the department like a military boot camp. I had multiple engineers asking me for something when I already have enough assignments. I got argued at for trying to keep up with the work and not meeting expectation when I wasn't trained, had no one to bounce questions off of, and was by myself.
Student project
Student Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 27, 2017
- Six-sigma certificate project
- Parent company is Toyota
- Customers are corporate that need lift trucks
- Staffs are friendly and willing to share/discuss any issues we encountered
Great Place to work
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJune 8, 2017
Raymond was very inclusive and management was always open to new ideas and overall, practiced a very professional but inclusive corporate culture. I felt much less like "just a number".
Fast Paced, Growing Company
Import/Export Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYMay 28, 2017
If you are looking for a fast passed growing company then this is definitely it. The Raymond Corporation has grown extensively over the past 5 years and is continuing it's growth.
great
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYApril 27, 2017
would go back working for this place if the job opportunity was available great place high pace welding bases of forklifts together then into the robot stayed busy all day
to far to walk to get to break room for lunch
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYMarch 27, 2017
its an ok company to work for, the turn over ratio is redicoulous, and how Raymond people treat there employees, is redicoulous, the environment could have been cleaner, and supervisors wer jerks to employees
Pros
when hired on holiday bonus
Cons
the leadership of the raymond corp
Typical manufacturing plant.
Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYMarch 10, 2017
Benefits are good, profit sharing and 401k contributions are nice.
This is an older large company, so slow to change and embrace new technologies/new ways of doing things. Development projects are based more on catching up with what others are doing in the market vs innovating and staying ahead. Project priorities are often changed mid-project, and resources are diverted to things that are deemed more important on-the-fly.
Giving Back
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 16, 2017
This company is always giving back to it's employees and community.
A typical day is non-stop from arrival to departure.
I have learned that hard work is acknowledged and appreciated more so than with other organizations I've worked for.
OK Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Raymond has a "good old boy" culture. If one is a long time employee then they can get away with almost anything. If one is a new or young employee then be prepared to do your own work and that of other long term employees. Be prepared to deal with managers & employees who are friends outside of work & thus you will be treated with less respect. Watch your back as it's easy to get stabbed.

Management is mostly poor. There are a few decent ones but those are very rare. Overall management plays favorites, are unhelpful, do not accept suggestions or new ideas well, do not know their jobs, and spend too much time fighting amongst themselves. Human Resources is a joke. Do not expect any help from them.

Pay was decent. Health benefits are very good. Vacation time was poor. Holiday time is horrible. Profit sharing is excellent. Extras (holiday party, family fun days, etc.) are very nice.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor communication and middle management ruin a great place to work.
business development (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. The company as a whole values its people and has special events, programs, and giveaways.
The middle management is in many cases untrained and inadequate. In others it is downright awful. Expecting improved results by repetitive, robotic actions and squashing new ideas. Many suffer from, " its not my job syndrome".
Its not a bad place to work but be mindful of the management and coworkers.
Pros
Great employee benefits, sponsored events, the company cares about its people.
Cons
Middle managment is poorly trained, some old fashioned ideas, little possibility to advance.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJuly 16, 2015
The managment is touch and go, some managers are great, others, not so much. The pay could be better, but the job is secure, and the benefits are good and offset the mediocre pay. The job is menotenous factory work, but for those who would rather a steady 12 month/ year job, this is a good place to be.
Pros
Profit sharing, job security
Cons
menotenous, little vacation time
Not a good place to work
Vertical Shim Inspector (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYMay 20, 2015
Low pay, expect new ideas every day, a lot of young people equals a lot of drama, no one helps anyone else, everyone is for themselves.
A great place to work!
Engineering Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greene NYMay 12, 2015
Been very fortunate working here. I've had great bosses and even better coworkers. Place has been growing by leaps and bounds Since I've been here.
Pros
great benefits, company sponsored events for employees throughout the year.
very productive, good management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYMarch 15, 2015
-assembly line very needy
-production standards
-very helpful management
-Co-workers were usually lazy and had to have very easy tasks to see them completed if you are a good worker you can get to the glass roof very fast
-working inside
-3 breaks a day, decent break rooms
Pros
benifits
Cons
work indoors
Excellent Organization. I only left to broaden my H.R. skills and gain experience with Labor Relations.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYOctober 27, 2014
The H.R. department was full service. Nothing was outsourced. I had the great opportunity learning all the details of administration, Generalist and Manager work. We had functional responsibilities along with projects to be accomplished. Metrics and procedures were clearly documented. This was the best training as I was able to move and learn all functional areas - except Payroll.

My co-workers were polished and professional. We all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job were some special projects. It was difficult as I was learning so it took a little longer. Value of knowledge gained is indescribable.

I enjoyed being a valued member of the team.
Pros
Great Benefits, today they still have special events for employees and their families.
Cons
Not much advancement. Pay was adequate.
Very steady work flow!!
Assembler/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Productive and steady flow of work. Learned the difference between hose sizes and thier functions. The manager was a great guy to work for. I enjoyed working with everyone in the dept. The hardest part of the job was being able to lift the bigger hoses up & into thier designated areas. The great paychecks would have to be the best part of the job.There were some rewards as well. On occasion, we were given random gifts,free lunch,or gift cards. My only complaint about the company would be the lunch time allowed. We, the factory workers, were only given 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
Excellent company to work for.
Cons
Not enough time given to factory workers for lunch.
National Service Manager, (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJune 29, 2014
It was all good.
I learned how to de a professional.
Most of my managers were good and helpful.
Some co-workers were good, some bad'
The hardest part was changing jobs and learning new responsibilities
Most enjoyable, working with dealer network.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Too much travel.
A good stable company & opportunity for growth
Project Administrator - Training, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 7, 2014
A fast paced work environment with many varied tasks to complete each day.
Pros
Flexible Schedule & many opportunities
Cons
not many
Producive and steady work
Assembly Carriage Dept 18 (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYMarch 19, 2012
I loved woring there , worked on a line with some very good people.I just didnt like how the managment side carted people.They didnt give the ones who worked hard and did a good job a chance......
Pros
good food in lunch room, good brks
Cons
short notice on working weekends, plus dont let do over time