The Raymond Corporation Employee Reviews

Giving Back
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 16, 2017
This company is always giving back to it's employees and community.
A typical day is non-stop from arrival to departure.
I have learned that hard work is acknowledged and appreciated more so than with other organizations I've worked for.
OK Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Raymond has a "good old boy" culture. If one is a long time employee then they can get away with almost anything. If one is a new or young employee then be prepared to do your own work and that of other long term employees. Be prepared to deal with managers & employees who are friends outside of work & thus you will be treated with less respect. Watch your back as it's easy to get stabbed.

Management is mostly poor. There are a few decent ones but those are very rare. Overall management plays favorites, are unhelpful, do not accept suggestions or new ideas well, do not know their jobs, and spend too much time fighting amongst themselves. Human Resources is a joke. Do not expect any help from them.

Pay was decent. Health benefits are very good. Vacation time was poor. Holiday time is horrible. Profit sharing is excellent. Extras (holiday party, family fun days, etc.) are very nice.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Poor communication and middle management ruin a great place to work.
business development (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. The company as a whole values its people and has special events, programs, and giveaways.
The middle management is in many cases untrained and inadequate. In others it is downright awful. Expecting improved results by repetitive, robotic actions and squashing new ideas. Many suffer from, " its not my job syndrome".
Its not a bad place to work but be mindful of the management and coworkers.
Pros
Great employee benefits, sponsored events, the company cares about its people.
Cons
Middle managment is poorly trained, some old fashioned ideas, little possibility to advance.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJuly 16, 2015
The managment is touch and go, some managers are great, others, not so much. The pay could be better, but the job is secure, and the benefits are good and offset the mediocre pay. The job is menotenous factory work, but for those who would rather a steady 12 month/ year job, this is a good place to be.
Pros
Profit sharing, job security
Cons
menotenous, little vacation time
Not a good place to work
Vertical Shim Inspector (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYMay 20, 2015
Low pay, expect new ideas every day, a lot of young people equals a lot of drama, no one helps anyone else, everyone is for themselves.
A great place to work!
Engineering Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greene NYMay 12, 2015
Been very fortunate working here. I've had great bosses and even better coworkers. Place has been growing by leaps and bounds Since I've been here.
Pros
great benefits, company sponsored events for employees throughout the year.
very productive, good management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYMarch 15, 2015
-assembly line very needy
-production standards
-very helpful management
-Co-workers were usually lazy and had to have very easy tasks to see them completed if you are a good worker you can get to the glass roof very fast
-working inside
-3 breaks a day, decent break rooms
Pros
benifits
Cons
work indoors
Excellent Organization. I only left to broaden my H.R. skills and gain experience with Labor Relations.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYOctober 27, 2014
The H.R. department was full service. Nothing was outsourced. I had the great opportunity learning all the details of administration, Generalist and Manager work. We had functional responsibilities along with projects to be accomplished. Metrics and procedures were clearly documented. This was the best training as I was able to move and learn all functional areas - except Payroll.

My co-workers were polished and professional. We all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job were some special projects. It was difficult as I was learning so it took a little longer. Value of knowledge gained is indescribable.

I enjoyed being a valued member of the team.
Pros
Great Benefits, today they still have special events for employees and their families.
Cons
Not much advancement. Pay was adequate.
Very steady work flow!!
Assembler/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Productive and steady flow of work. Learned the difference between hose sizes and thier functions. The manager was a great guy to work for. I enjoyed working with everyone in the dept. The hardest part of the job was being able to lift the bigger hoses up & into thier designated areas. The great paychecks would have to be the best part of the job.There were some rewards as well. On occasion, we were given random gifts,free lunch,or gift cards. My only complaint about the company would be the lunch time allowed. We, the factory workers, were only given 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
Excellent company to work for.
Cons
Not enough time given to factory workers for lunch.
National Service Manager, (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJune 29, 2014
It was all good.
I learned how to de a professional.
Most of my managers were good and helpful.
Some co-workers were good, some bad'
The hardest part was changing jobs and learning new responsibilities
Most enjoyable, working with dealer network.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Too much travel.
A good stable company & opportunity for growth
Project Administrator - Training, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYJanuary 7, 2014
A fast paced work environment with many varied tasks to complete each day.
Pros
Flexible Schedule & many opportunities
Cons
not many
Producive and steady work
Assembly Carriage Dept 18 (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYMarch 19, 2012
I loved woring there , worked on a line with some very good people.I just didnt like how the managment side carted people.They didnt give the ones who worked hard and did a good job a chance......
Pros
good food in lunch room, good brks
Cons
short notice on working weekends, plus dont let do over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Raymond Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3