The RealReal Employee Reviews

Always Something New
Manager (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 13, 2017
I have been with TRR for years and have worked in many different positions. No day is truly typical - working with product there is always something new to discover and learn about. Working behind the scenes we are solving problems that are unique to our position as resale leaders. I have been awesomely fortunate to work alongside managers who have developed me and challenged me to grow. I have made lasting friendships throughout my time here, gained mentors and have been able to lead others into new positions.

Overall it's a great place to learn and a positive place to walk into each day.
Pros
Free lunch, full scale benefits
Cons
Commute can be tough
Working at The RealReal - Amazing!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 13, 2017
The culture and environment are extremely fun, passionate and friendly! You are able to learn about every aspect of the business by working with all the departments, truly growing your career experiences.

The team here is talented, driven and passionate about moving the business forward. They are constantly promoting from within and listen to suggestions from each employee. They want everyone to succeed.

The company is growing at a very quick pace which is great however, you must be comfortable with shifting priorities and be independent. If you are someone who is looking for an exciting career opportunity with the ability to implement and improve processes join The RealReal
Pros
Opportunity for growth, great benefits, opportunity to implement process and change, team building, work life balance, 401 K match
"Great Career Growth Opportunity"
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2017
Hard work and ethics are recognized. For anyone who wants to put in the work and be a team player - the sky is the limit. If you are looking for growth opportunities The RealReal is the place!
Pros
Great vacation policy
Great company - it is what you make of it
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2017
A few things to take into consideration: this is a Luxury Product/eCommerce/Consignment company. If you're familiar with these industries individually, you will understand that:

-we work with a pretty demanding clientele (luxury product)
-we are changing things regularly (tech/eCommerce)
-it's a process (consignment)

Yes: we move quickly, there is a lot to be expected from us, and we have to be flexible.

Everyone will have a different opinion, but I think this is definitely the kind of place where your job here is what you make of it.

I have not seen/met anyone in my time here that is not willing to help; however, it's important that you are self-sufficient.

The benefits are great, the company culture is great, and the growth is incredible. There is A LOT of potential, but like anything - it takes work and patience.
Pros
Great benefits, Growth, Company Culture
Cons
Workload/Hours
Super Cool Technology Company With A Mission
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2017
The RealReal is an incredibly unique place to work. I love being around beautiful things, that are not coming from China, but are part of the circular economy. If you get to work here, you will receive equity in a late stage start up! Sure, there's tons of change, pressure and mistakes, but there's also amazing people and a lot of opportunity if you want more.

Let's face it, if you have a degree in photography, writing, fashion and you can get a job here, do it! Much, much more opportunity for the right attitude, but then again you have to want to roll up your sleeves.

I read the reviews and wondered about what it would be like to work here. It's really a cool place.
Pros
Changing the way we buy.
Cons
Some people come here and want to complain, or not work hard.
Learning Experiece
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 19, 2017
A regular day at work is walk in, immediately get an email with quota for the day and then pretty much just work like your life dependent on it. Maybe ta a lunch depends if it's Tuesday Seamless (which they cut down our price amount to spend) and Thursday pizza day. There was bagels on Fridays which was a total bonus. IF you reached your quota then you can leave which can be at anytime. It can be at 5:00, 5:15 or 5:30. Never really left on time.

I honestly learned about time management in a workplace. I surely walked out with tough skin.

The workplace was diverse. I enjoyed working with fellow coworkers. Everyone there is very friendly, fun, welcoming and helpful. I got along with everyone from all departments and never had a problem. The coworkers really got me through the day. Great team.

The hardest part of the job was hands down the quota. Having to reach your quota no matter what every single day. Hopefully you don't have a bad day and miss it by 10. Extremely cut throat. Making quota is overwhelming huge deal and having to make your quota within two months. It's overwhelming and extremely stressful to make quota everyday and MAYBE having to stay late. Tons of pressure.

There is probably only about a couple things that are enjoyable. Coworkers are great and the food themes that occurs once and a while which is pretty cool. Pretty much the free food is all around awesome.
Pros
Free food and benefits
Cons
Staying late, pressure on making quota and favoritism
Productive non stop work environment
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Day to Day: clock-in, receive product, begin copy writing, 10 min huddle, lunch, return to workspace and clock out. Free lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays and breakfast on Fridays.

Management has an open door policy and they are willing to train if you need additional help reaching quota.

Workplace culture; there is place for advancement, favoritism is obvious and there is a teamwork environment.

The hardest part of the job is reaching quota within 2 month of getting hired.

The most enjoyable part of working at The Real Real is the fun themed lunch they host and the snacks they provide.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, diverse workplace and cater to new mothers.
Cons
Shuttle service for commuters is inconsistent, dusty work environment and raise are in cents not dollars
They need professional insted of this Manager's
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 17, 2017
They should pay more to the employees because people are leaving every week and we stay stuck with more work manager's never help they always M.I.A...
Pros
Free Pizza on Thursday
Cons
Tuesdays are not free lunches they take the 10$ off your Check
An okay enviornment without the struggle of management.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 5, 2017
The job itself is cool and content but the way things are ran are completely out of line and do not contain a steady system. Management is not trained, and it is competitive upon the studio.
Fun people to work with
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 5, 2017
the work environment is very easy to adjust to, there's always free lunches every week, and the work load is never unbearable. just would be great if management was more professional and fair,
Pros
free lunches on tuesday
Cons
Being well liked is more important than work ethic
Hated it
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 27, 2017
Worst job I ever worked at! Management was horrible. If you go to HR with an issue, your manager will know before you get there. Managers let their friends have free reign while others must walk on egg shells or kiss butt.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Vacations are not allowed during summer or holiday
Easy job stressful hours
Photo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 18, 2017
Just don't do it unless you're waiting for retirement. life is just drained away from you working at this place. Management need tremendous help. There is so much time and money being wasted here. I predict the company to sink within the next couple of years if they continue to go at such a wasteful unorganized manner.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful people cursing at you
Worst
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2017
Would not recommend this company to anyone for employment. One of the worst jobs I ever had in all of my life. Terrible management and terrible employees to match.
do not work here
Photographer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 1, 2017
I was not even there for 90days before it all went sideways. management will not help you they only cover there own butt from getting in trouble. Do not work here its a trap!!!
Pros
free pizza
Cons
to many to list.
Ok
Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2017
The company has a great idea however does not always execute as well as it could. The management team is not cohesive because everyone has a different idea of how to do things. Pay and benefits are just OK.
Not what it seems to be
Consignor Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 28, 2017
Management has no experience in the industry whatsoever. Well at least in the consignor relations department. They do not like to take accountability for their mistakes.
Pros
No Dresscode
Warehouse work environment
PRODUCTION PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 12, 2017
Day to day work does not change. The job is not challenging just physically demanding if you work on the production side of the company. Management in the studio is relaxed however there is a lack of communication between warehouse departments. The hardest part of the job is the amount of wear it puts on the employees.
Merchandiser
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
A new start up company. I was a merchandiser. Checking in consignment product. It was an ok job. The turnover rate was very high. Every few months there was a new head manager. Hours were constantly going up and down. It wasn't very stable.No were to move up in the company
Pros
Turnaround rate was very high
Cons
Good benefits
productive and fun place to work with ping pong table and free lunch
warehouse tech (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2016
great possibility to move up and get raises. I would of stayed if I could of found another place to live in CA that was affordable for me and my girlfriend.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
I have for the most part loved the people that I work with in my department. Overall I wish there was better compensation, better vacation benefits and better growth opportunities.
Pros
free lunches, shuttle
Cons
more vacation and opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The RealReal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7