The ReDco Group Employee Reviews in United States

Positive and educational
Family-based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAOctober 6, 2015
I enjoy working at The ReDCo group for variety of reasons. I enjoy having a partner who is supportive and has the same goals in mind for the consumers. I also enjoy having a partner who can add and enhance to the therapeutic interventions. I thrive on the monthly trainings offered through PCGC and I also am able to gain insight into my role as a therapist through weekly supervision. However, the week often exceeds the 40/hour work week and there is a lot of driving required. While there is mileage reimbursement, it is often not enough to maintain upkeep on my vehicle. I have also been employed there for several years and the salary is not competitive nor is there a chance for a raise or advancement.
Pros
Mileage Reimbursement, Weekly supervision, PCGC trainings to extend knowledge base as well as to enhance therapeutic skill level, acknowlegement of hardwork
Cons
Being on call 24/7, no pay raise, no chance of advancement, possibility of program not obtaining necessary funding
All around terrible
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lehighton, PAJune 9, 2016
Well the pay is absolutely terrible. Most LSW's start out in mid to high $20/hour. At Redco, you're lucky if you make $19. For some reason, LCSW's make less. Co-workers were ok but just because you have a degree doesn't mean you should be a therapist. They hire people with their degree in elementary education. Not sure how much clinical guidance they can provide clients. Management is terrible. They literally have nothing better to do so they decide to exaggerate on things and then get people in trouble. They only care about money. You have to wait 90 days to get health insurance but not sure how that is legal now that all full time individuals must be offered insurance. Don't call off sick for more than 1 day, even if you have a doctors note. There was literally nothing good about this job.
Love my clients, hate the staffing!
DCW (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 5, 2016
This place is horrible! The higher up staff who you are suppose to go to with issues, truly don't care about the well beings of clients! I've been here for almost 3 years, and have seen some pretty messed up things. They over work you like crazy, so be prepared to work 16 hour days & come back in again the next morning! Nobody cares about what you want or need, they think this job rules your life! It is nothing but drama, it is basically you get what you want if you kiss butt! But on another note, I absolutely adore working with my clients, you learn something new everyday.
Very unproductive and desperately needs a change in Management
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  WyomissingMay 20, 2015
this company is only worried about money, they don't give raises or any fringe benefits. The compensation is no where near competitive and upper management is a complete joke.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
work environment and compensation
worked through temp
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 18, 2016
worked through temp agency. House was nice, supervisor was not very professional. Co-workers had drama first day i came in. Hard part of the job was working with the guy residents who can't walk, or are just bed bound basically. Only had girls in house and had to do very heavy lifting.
Unproductive place to work
Social worker (Former Employee) –  PottsvilleJanuary 17, 2015
As a happy former employee, I would never recommend this place to work. The staff is unprofessional and lacks good work ethics. Management will only like you if you are part of their Pine Grove click. The people at 210 know what's going on and do nothing to correct it. Certain staff come and go as they please, smoke all day and get paid for doing nothing. Just drive by at any time during the day and you will see certain staff outside smoking. The only positive part of this job was dealing with the clients and working with the older employees who knew what it meant to work as a team and to be accountable. This place is a joke.
Nice job but lacks some necesities
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nesquehoning, PASeptember 29, 2014
I love this job. I love helping my consumers work towards their goals and taking them out in the community. Management was great and helpful. My co-workers varied from wonderful to work with to lazy people who didn't do anything. The hardest part of this job will be leaving as I do enjoy it so much but the pay rate is too low for someone with a BS with no room for moving up in the company and no sick days or vacation days or holidays make for very burned out workers. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing consumers live their lives to the fullest, being a part of that and knowing you helped to make a difference.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Summit Hill, PAJuly 9, 2012
A typical day at work would be to make and puree meals for the residents. Interact with and entertain the residents. Shower, change and dress the residents. I learned to be patient and respond quickly to serious situations.The management was a little unprofessional. My co-worker were very friendly and were very easy to talk to and helpful. The hardest part about working there was some of the trainings, but nothing to hard to handle. The most enjoyable part of working there was the residents because of the bonds that were built.
Not a good place to work.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAJuly 14, 2014
I have worked for this company for two years. The only positive thing about this job is that it truly is rewarding knowing you are helping others. However, as an employer, I would not recommend them. The pay is terrible. You will do more work and get paid less than CNA's. CNA's aren't even allowed to pass medications, and yet, we do it... and for far less! If you don't want respect from your employer, then apply now!
Pros
helping others
Cons
low pay, long hours, not respected
productive geat environment
Behavioral and Mental Health Support Staff (Former Employee) –  paJune 5, 2014
assist with daily needs
great place to work all around
hardest part is getting through the training
it is not a place for one track minded people
management can be very one sided
Pros
great environment
Cons
not good pa
Productive and fun work environment
Aide (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMay 13, 2014
Enjoy very much working in this field. Management is great to work for and interacting with clients is the best part of the job.
Pros
interacting with all types of clients
Cons
pay, health care
Life learning experience
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 27, 2014
Worked with behavioral and special needs children with a team of a BSC and at times a MT. My job had a strong ethical background and incorporated high levels of paperwork that included tracking of the client's behaviors and information that had to be provided to the BSC followed by a treatment plan. I enjoyed working with families and meeting new people.
Pros
meeting families and working together as a team.
Cons
not guaranteed 40 hours.
Laid back job, but the company is a joke.
Assistant for youth program (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 10, 2014
Laid back jon and working with the clients is great, but the company is a joke. They do not care about their employers whatsoever. I'm not saying this because I was terminated, I'm saying this because of my knowledge for the company. I do not recommend working for this comany.
Pros
attachment to clients, laid back envirnment
Cons
company is not fair to employees
great place to work
Residential Program Worker (RPW) (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 22, 2013
could work as many or as little hours as you wanted taking care of individuals with disablilites. able to bond with clients and staff and enjoyed my time with this company
Pros
could easily change schedule if needed
Cons
sometimes had a a hard time finding coverage
Over worked and under budgeted.
SUPPORTIVE VISITATION CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 22, 2012
Over worked and under budgeted human services program. Great co workers.
Lots of Fun!
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PASeptember 25, 2012
Had a great time serving tables between college and graduate school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The ReDco Group. Our community is ready to answer.