The Regional Medical Center

The Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

simply stated...horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 16, 2016
It is so very sad that this hospital has consistently had unqualified management. What will it take for new leadership to come in to improve this much need hospital. Losing money, poor patient care and just respect for the staff. I feel so very sorry for this community. Please get present leadership out!!!
nice hospital staf
RN (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 8, 2015
45 min drive each way to hospital. nice clean hospital and overall friendly staff. unit issues dealing with a lack of payment from clients due to no insurance coverage. rumors that unit may be closed or possible layoffs
Pros
great benefits
Wonderful place to work
Patient Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2015
Working a Regional is very challenging. One day is never the same. I have learned a lot working here. From new procedures, update on new medicines, test being performed and the constant continuing education. I really enjoy my management team. We all work in a collaborative effort in making sure the needs of our patients and staff are meet. Hardest of part of my job is watching a family hurt due to life circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is the consistency and the professional communication and standards each of hold to form a unit. On top of that watching to see my patients go home.
Pros
discounts on foods, self-scheduling, better opportunities
Cons
not having an option.
Great Place to Work
Physician Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 24, 2015
As the Physician Liaison I enjoy the challenge of working in all of the service line areas. The Directors of each of the service lines are some of the best and some of the most passionate about their services that I have come across.
Pros
Good People with a family atmosphere.
Cons
Tough reputation
workplace was ok for a hospital.
MT(A.S.C.P.), MT Tennessee Board (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2015
The employer was satisfactory for a large big-city hospital dealing with many critical patients with many pressures to cost cut and
constantly upgrade and train employees.
Entry level job with good benefits
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2015
Good place to work. Felt that I was giving back to the community in this job. People I worked with and for were good to be around. Enjoyed my tenure with Girls Inc.
Pros
non profit
Cons
compensation
Making sure your customer are satified
Dietary Assistant\Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 26, 2015
Making sure work area is set up, cashiers box, drinks are available,.different selection of foods are prepared and ready for serving, Co-worker and manager were easy to get alone with. Meeting new face everyday that dine in cafeteria.
Pros
Great experience
Outstanding superviser to work with who promted training and teamwork. Recoginized comments publically from patients.
Patient Counselor Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 25, 2015
ER is a stressful environment, but managements was always available to help. She even pulled night shifts to relieve stress. Besides job responsibilities, had opportunities to help patients relax. Limited contact with coworkers due to being a large area for working.
Pros
Excellent management and acceptable compensation.
Cons
Hard to take breaks, but management worked for us to take a break. Hard to get to know coworkers.
Emergency Department
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work. Seen and learned a lot as a new graduate. They offered a great 6 month orientation and many in-house training/certifications by their own physicians and nursing staff. They also promote sending staff back to school.
Pros
Great orientation
Cons
long drive for me
Love the place
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2015
I worked as a PBX operator. I loved the position but not the drama wit the co workers. I left the job as I move to a new state with my husband for a family emergency. I would have remained at the hospital had we not moved. It was a good job of just answering phones and directing calls.
Positive place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2015
I was a intern here for only a month, but within that month I grew to love working there. I was able to get great hands on experience in all aspects of working at a retail pharmacy. The people were nothing short of amazing and very helpful during my program there.
Each week I learned something new, from filling prescriptions, inputting patient data, refill orders, to directly working with the customers at the front desk. The managers and pharmacist were always more than happy to help and answer any questions that I may have had. The most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with the customers and I can honestly say the hardest part about the job was leaving.
Difficult and at times unmanagable place to work.
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2014
This place will work a nurse like a dog. To save money they get rid of the ancillary staff and you end up doing everything yourself.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Definitely the place to go if you want to learn!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2014
In the Trauma ICU, we were responsible for total patient care. Our basic responsibilities, or standards of care, involved: bedside EKG monitoring, pain management, TICU vitals and assessments at 2 hour intervals (or more often depending on the patient’s status), mechanical ventilation, restraints, central line care, TBI protocols, ortho injury protocols, vasoactive medication monitoring and titration, hemodynamic monitoring, and starting IV lines, as well as discharging and replacing any and all field IV lines, or those that are 3 days or older, and many, many, many, many, many, many more things.....
Pros
by far best trauma hospital in the area!
Cons
management is awful!
Great job
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2014
This was a great place to work and learn. Met awesome people there.
Pros
enjoyed working there.
I provide bedside care to patients on a medical-surgical unit.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2014
I usually go into work and receive report on seven patients. My day usually starts by prioritizing. I review charts and physician orders. I pass medications, perform venipuncture and EKGs, provide care to pre-op and post-op patients.
A workplace that is busy and a good learning experience.
Patient Counselor in Radiology (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 26, 2014
On a typical day at work I schedule and register patients. I answer the phones and make imaging cd's for the patients. I have learned a lot when it comes to insurance, authorization, icd-9, cpt, and all kinds of medical terminology. Management in my area at work was not that good because when they were told some things that needed to be addressed, they acted as if it didn't matter to them about how the employees felt. My co-worker was the best and we worked with each other all of the time to make sure that we got things done. The hardest part of the job is seeing sick patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting smiles on my patient's faces when they are not have a good day and not feeling well.
A productive day with all staff working efficiently meeting guidless to have test completed and on patients chart.
Non-Invasive Cardiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
A typical day as a manager at The Med now Regional One Medical Center was simply managing my staff, helping where needed, providing annual skills training, creating a staffing model that compliments my departmental budget, monitoring the P&L reports excluding monthy negative variances in all areas.
Pros
dedicated staff, testing guidelines met in a timely manner, doctors satisfaction, patient survival rate increased with rapid response of my team
Cons
overtime, undedicated staff members, er overflow, inefficient test times
dont expect to get a raise or feel appreciated
RN (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 10, 2014
Been there 5 years with perfect report cards and no raise. EVER. Big gap b/t staff nurse pay and admin pay. They take your PTO bc administration can not seem to budget properly. Administration expects you to come in on short notice and call off/pull at last minute so don't expect to be able to plan anything with your family. I used to love my job but now I hate it and it's not because of my awesome co-workers, it's because of shoddy adminstration only looking out for themselves.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
too many to list at this time
busy work
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2014
Always on your feet
Loving the job
Long days but a great outcome
Pros
downtown
Cons
many customers
very brave
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2014
you have to be brave to work at any hospital facility. you never know if and when you may be called on to give a helping hand. you have to be a people person and be willing and prepared to do whatever as well as all of what that particular job requires.

The Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location