The Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great scheduled, nice people
Audit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 19, 2017
Good place to work overall. No room for advance, no raises given in over 8 years, no paid holidays. Needs a to revamp for processes and procedures....
Ok place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 2, 2017
Triaging patients, Learned about different medical procedures, management team needs to improve, workplace is great because of the people, the hardest part is the major work load, and enjoyable is the lives you touch.
Its ok
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 29, 2017
The hospital has changed a lot since I started. High nurse to patient ratio. A PCU nurse can take 7 patients. Non-clinical staff don't do their jobs well. A lot of floor drama. You will learn a lot but you will never sit down. Travel nurses rarely complete their assignments here because of a horrible culture. Just commute. You'll thank yourself later.
Cons
no breaks, low pay, high nurse to patient ratio
rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 7, 2017
great place to work. near interstate. able to hop on and off to work. nice restuarants near the hospital. good overall atmosphere with people that begin and retire at this hospital.
Terrible Management
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 7, 2017
I chose to work on medsurg floor (3 west) at TRMC because it would make me "grow up" and learn a lot. So yeah, I had to learn a lot and grow up quick because staffing SUCKS and you typically have 7 patients per shift every shift all of which are "stable" but very sick. My coworkers were all awesome but we are all so overworked it's hard to even help each other out through the shifts. Management of the floor and hospital as a whole needs a reality check- you can't keep nurses and staff by not giving a flying hoot about them. Don't expect to be able to have a nice family life working here!
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor management, poor staffing, no family life
workplace
Lead Registrar/Admitting Counselor Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 5, 2017
we had learned different outlooks on the job to where we can get to a higher positions or advance in our current positions. the most enjoyable was working with my coworkers we made the day go by fast by working together.
Pros
advancement
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun workplace
HUMAN RESOURCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 31, 2017
Very pleasant atmosphere to work in. I learned to work in a human resources office proficiently. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate employees but I would still serve them in a professional manner.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
immature employees
Something Special
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 24, 2017
My time at the TRMC was a great learning experience that I wouldn't give back for nothing in the world my typical day was finding out what my task were and then getting to work right away filling medication carts with the those meds requested by the different floors and patient specific bins. Along with checking in ordered drugs that were delivered by carrier on a daily basis.The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to the patients when they go home after being in the hospital for an extended period of time I see them as family I believe in showing kindness because it could have easily been me. i really enjoyed my time at TRMC especially the staff in the Pharmacy(inpatient&retail).
Pros
They always remember your birthday.
Cons
computer systems always crash.
Work environment
Human Resources Senior Intern (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 8, 2016
I had learned a good bit working for the Regional Medical Center. This experience taught me where my weak points were and my strong points were. I loved it.
simply stated...horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 16, 2016
It is so very sad that this hospital has consistently had unqualified management. What will it take for new leadership to come in to improve this much need hospital. Losing money, poor patient care and just respect for the staff. I feel so very sorry for this community. Please get present leadership out!!!

Want to know more about The Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
nice hospital staf
RN (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 8, 2015
45 min drive each way to hospital. nice clean hospital and overall friendly staff. unit issues dealing with a lack of payment from clients due to no insurance coverage. rumors that unit may be closed or possible layoffs
Pros
great benefits
Wonderful place to work
Patient Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2015
Working a Regional is very challenging. One day is never the same. I have learned a lot working here. From new procedures, update on new medicines, test being performed and the constant continuing education. I really enjoy my management team. We all work in a collaborative effort in making sure the needs of our patients and staff are meet. Hardest of part of my job is watching a family hurt due to life circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is the consistency and the professional communication and standards each of hold to form a unit. On top of that watching to see my patients go home.
Pros
discounts on foods, self-scheduling, better opportunities
Cons
not having an option.
Great Place to Work
Physician Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 24, 2015
As the Physician Liaison I enjoy the challenge of working in all of the service line areas. The Directors of each of the service lines are some of the best and some of the most passionate about their services that I have come across.
Pros
Good People with a family atmosphere.
Cons
Tough reputation
workplace was ok for a hospital.
MT(A.S.C.P.), MT Tennessee Board (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2015
The employer was satisfactory for a large big-city hospital dealing with many critical patients with many pressures to cost cut and
constantly upgrade and train employees.
Entry level job with good benefits
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2015
Good place to work. Felt that I was giving back to the community in this job. People I worked with and for were good to be around. Enjoyed my tenure with Girls Inc.
Pros
non profit
Cons
compensation
Making sure your customer are satified
Dietary Assistant\Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 26, 2015
Making sure work area is set up, cashiers box, drinks are available,.different selection of foods are prepared and ready for serving, Co-worker and manager were easy to get alone with. Meeting new face everyday that dine in cafeteria.
Pros
Great experience
Outstanding superviser to work with who promted training and teamwork. Recoginized comments publically from patients.
Patient Counselor Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 25, 2015
ER is a stressful environment, but managements was always available to help. She even pulled night shifts to relieve stress. Besides job responsibilities, had opportunities to help patients relax. Limited contact with coworkers due to being a large area for working.
Pros
Excellent management and acceptable compensation.
Cons
Hard to take breaks, but management worked for us to take a break. Hard to get to know coworkers.
Emergency Department
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work. Seen and learned a lot as a new graduate. They offered a great 6 month orientation and many in-house training/certifications by their own physicians and nursing staff. They also promote sending staff back to school.
Pros
Great orientation
Cons
long drive for me
Love the place
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2015
I worked as a PBX operator. I loved the position but not the drama wit the co workers. I left the job as I move to a new state with my husband for a family emergency. I would have remained at the hospital had we not moved. It was a good job of just answering phones and directing calls.
Positive place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2015
I was a intern here for only a month, but within that month I grew to love working there. I was able to get great hands on experience in all aspects of working at a retail pharmacy. The people were nothing short of amazing and very helpful during my program there.
Each week I learned something new, from filling prescriptions, inputting patient data, refill orders, to directly working with the customers at the front desk. The managers and pharmacist were always more than happy to help and answer any questions that I may have had. The most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with the customers and I can honestly say the hardest part about the job was leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location