The Renfrew Center Employee Reviews

disappointing
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2017
work culture is too much about making money and bringing in and keeping clients and not about proper appropriate clinical work
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Do not work here
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 1, 2017
The upper management is horrible and don't treat employees well. Lots of back biting, low salary, unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. Very disorganized and no one communicates with each other. Very little support from upper management. The facilities are old, not clean and have roaches and ants everywhere.
Cons
Too many to list
Do not apply there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 7, 2017
On my interview day something told me to move on to the next job,the person who interviewed me was NOT PLEASENT!!!!!!. And they don't have a clue on what to do. I agree with one of the other reviews that they treat the patients like a number I saw that with my own two eyes. Half of the staff act like there in high school and no one takes the job serious.
Pros
Cons
Better working staff
Great Company
Medical Assistant, Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
Management has changed since I left. I have heard that employees are now much happier. I do not wish to comment on my time spent working there. I would like to keep my experience confidential.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
MA's ONLY work overnight
see below
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Old Greenwich, CTFebruary 19, 2017
The Renfrew Center is a leader in providing help to women with eating disorders. They do the work very well.The staff are professionals.
Not the Company I believed it would be
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working with the patients and seeing a handful of them successfully make it through treatment. The recovery rate would be higher if the patients were treated as people and not a number.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No compassion and worked on a skeleton staff
Great helping the kids
Unit Clerk/Head Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FL 33073December 15, 2016
Over all its like a starter job, helping special needs kids. It was a great experience to interact with the kids. And helping them in there everyday life.
Pros
Get to help the kids
Cons
No benefits
Awful Place to Work
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 25, 2016
Initially this seemed like a wonderful place to work but the reality of it all soon came to surface. This company does NOT care about its employees, is highly unorganized and has awful compensation with little to no room for improvement. They often hire young grads right out of school knowing they are desperate to get a job and will take ridiculously low wages. After deciding to leave they were unprofessional and withheld my take home pay due to errors in their own processing. They were callous and didn't care how their mistakes impacted my family. This is NOT an ideal place for a long term career. There is high turnover and constant micromanaging. I have a hard time believing that the CEO doesn't know the true state of this company. My thought is that he doesn't care and continues to open nonresidential sites at the expense of his currently underpaid employees.
Pros
Enjoyed coworkers and relational approach to patients
Cons
Limited flexibility, Poor HR, Canned approach to therapy
Not a clue, CFO knows nothing
financial coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
This place is unorganized in every area. There is no communication and their depts are not sett up right. You have people who know nothing doing whatever they want. They have billing issues that they won't correct they lose the good people they have because they don't listen & the CFO knows nothing about healthcare and he's got things so messed up people have no idea what & why they are doing things. He needs to understand the business if he knew a lit bit he would never let things continue. Financial ruins is where they are going and billing is shady & the CFO continues to make a mess, u have so much talent at Renfrew but they don't let you use it instead your thrown into things that are set up completely wrong. You will leave this company because you know better and even if you try to speak up nobody listens. You will not learn or grow they will make you outdated like they are Don't waste your time on this place you'll be working like a dog and you'll take 10 steps backward because your strengths will never be used maybe if everybody had no healthcare experience it would be better because having it means nothing to these people. They're billing dept is going to have nobody in it under the CFO direction it's a dead end street the pay is a disgrace
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Start over, listen to the people who know what they are talking about, you need change NOW, the competitors are going to eat them alive
N/a
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 10, 2015
An organization that does great work with individuals needing treatment and care. Can be a fun work environment but is micro managed.
Very poor management
Team member (Former Employee) –  new York New YorkFebruary 24, 2015
The work being done at this site is amazing! The clinicians are some of the best. However, the pay is insulting and the management is a joke. The atmosphere is very very catty and there is little room to advance.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia (Spring Lane)February 23, 2015
Worked as an Administrative Assistant for the Renfrew Center for two years! Worst mistake I ever made, was going to work there!

Pay scale not competitive! Benefits were poor! No pension.

Worst management in the world! Motto make money!

Low morale!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, poor morale, management was a joke!
We are allowed the autonomy to help the clients during groups that is clinically appropriate.
Counselor (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I am currently employed as a per diem worker in the role as a counselor. This is an on-call position on a part time basis. I am looking for a F/T position that is permanent and has benefits.
Pros
As a counselor at Renfrew we are allowed free meals at the facility.
Cons
I am a P/T employee with no benefits.
Temp - HR Assistant
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2014
This company is completely disorganized. The staffs/supervisors are not very nice, in fact their very cold, they were completely disconnected. There aren't any minorities working there so that alone tells me that their not very diverse. I think they were very surprised to see that I was an African American Female when I walked in and were not very inviting at all. They treated me like a temp and never introduced me to anyone working there. After my day was over, I decided I wasn't going back. This company is a joke and I wouldn't advise anyone to work for them..SERIOUSLY!!
Pros
None - Worst working environment I've ever seen
Cons
Their HR Office is located in the attic in very smalll cramped up rooms
Horrible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2013
This is a nest of vipers - very poorly run. I got out as soon as I possibly could.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
The most repressed atmosphere I have ever experienced. Terrible pay.
Renfrew
Day of Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 26, 2013
This is a great company to work for if you are a woman looking for work life balance. They offer 3 months of unpaid maternity leave but, allow you to use short term disability to offset the costs. Flexible working hours are possible depending upon the manager. Health Insurance and other benefits are available even to part time employees as well. However, there is very little room for advancement and there are no training and advancement benefits. If you are looking for a place that will pay for your CEU's this is not that company.
Pros
flexible work hours, benefits
Cons
little room to advance
great work environment but you can not advance here
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2013
I love my coworkers. And they HAD ok benefits but now they require that you work an extra holiday, we are not getting raises once again and i have applied for five positions there and have not advanced in any of them. We are short staffed, overworked and hardly get a real break. If it was not for my coworkers i would not have been there for this long.
Pros
great co workers
not a nice Place to work
intake counselor (Former Employee) –  roxborough, PAOctober 31, 2012
I worked in the Intake Office several yrs ago, and it was very, very discouraging. Mgt was uncaring, supervisors were unprofessional & did not Care. One New hire went to lunch & never came back. No training was provided for the job and after 1 yr, i was so happy to find another job. You lose your confidence and self-esteem working here.
Cons
too many
Support staff
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaOctober 26, 2012
Poor salary, poor benefits package, no reimbursement for education! Focus was on revenue, and advancing the company financially! Poor manager support!
Great job--poorly managed company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelpia, PASeptember 20, 2012
This was a great place to learn, and the co-workers and clients are amazing. However, the management (owner, VP, and medical director) are money-hungry, cut-throat and clueless about anything clinical. They do not respect front line staff or the patients who are paying for services. They overload the staff, which has a huge impact on patient care.
Pros
co-workers nd clents
Cons
horrible upper level managemet, highly reactive, do not respect staff