The Renfrew Center Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 10, 2015
An organization that does great work with individuals needing treatment and care. Can be a fun work environment but is micro managed.
Very poor management
Team member (Former Employee) –  new York New YorkFebruary 24, 2015
The work being done at this site is amazing! The clinicians are some of the best. However, the pay is insulting and the management is a joke. The atmosphere is very very catty and there is little room to advance.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia (Spring Lane)February 23, 2015
Worked as an Administrative Assistant for the Renfrew Center for two years! Worst mistake I ever made, was going to work there!

Pay scale not competitive! Benefits were poor! No pension.

Worst management in the world! Motto make money!

Low morale!
Cons
low pay, poor benefits, poor morale, management was a joke!
We are allowed the autonomy to help the clients during groups that is clinically appropriate.
Counselor (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I am currently employed as a per diem worker in the role as a counselor. This is an on-call position on a part time basis. I am looking for a F/T position that is permanent and has benefits.
Pros
as a counselor at renfrew we are allowed free meals at the facility.
Cons
i am a p/t employee with no benefits.
Temp - HR Assistant
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2014
This company is completely disorganized. The staffs/supervisors are not very nice, in fact their very cold, they were completely disconnected. There aren't any minorities working there so that alone tells me that their not very diverse. I think they were very surprised to see that I was an African American Female when I walked in and were not very inviting at all. They treated me like a temp and never introduced me to anyone working there. After my day was over, I decided I wasn't going back. This company is a joke and I wouldn't advise anyone to work for them..SERIOUSLY!!
Pros
none - worst working environment i've ever seen
Cons
their hr office is located in the attic in very smalll cramped up rooms
Horrible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2013
This is a nest of vipers - very poorly run. I got out as soon as I possibly could.
Pros
good hours
Cons
the most repressed atmosphere i have ever experienced. terrible pay.
Renfrew
Day of Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 26, 2013
This is a great company to work for if you are a woman looking for work life balance. They offer 3 months of unpaid maternity leave but, allow you to use short term disability to offset the costs. Flexible working hours are possible depending upon the manager. Health Insurance and other benefits are available even to part time employees as well. However, there is very little room for advancement and there are no training and advancement benefits. If you are looking for a place that will pay for your CEU's this is not that company.
Pros
flexible work hours, benefits
Cons
little room to advance
great work environment but you can not advance here
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2013
I love my coworkers. And they HAD ok benefits but now they require that you work an extra holiday, we are not getting raises once again and i have applied for five positions there and have not advanced in any of them. We are short staffed, overworked and hardly get a real break. If it was not for my coworkers i would not have been there for this long.
Pros
great co workers
not a nice Place to work
intake counselor (Former Employee) –  roxborough, PAOctober 31, 2012
I worked in the Intake Office several yrs ago, and it was very, very discouraging. Mgt was uncaring, supervisors were unprofessional & did not Care. One New hire went to lunch & never came back. No training was provided for the job and after 1 yr, i was so happy to find another job. You lose your confidence and self-esteem working here.
Cons
too many
Support staff
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaOctober 26, 2012
Poor salary, poor benefits package, no reimbursement for education! Focus was on revenue, and advancing the company financially! Poor manager support!
Great job--poorly managed company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelpia, PASeptember 20, 2012
This was a great place to learn, and the co-workers and clients are amazing. However, the management (owner, VP, and medical director) are money-hungry, cut-throat and clueless about anything clinical. They do not respect front line staff or the patients who are paying for services. They overload the staff, which has a huge impact on patient care.
Pros
co-workers nd clents
Cons
horrible upper level managemet, highly reactive, do not respect staff
I was an intern...
April 2007Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2012
I didn't like it here. Maybe because I was an intern and not a "real" employee.
Pros
working with all women
Cons
i was an intern

1.9