The Resource Center

The Resource Center Employer Reviews

What I learned
Assembler (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: the job culture was such that management tailored the schedule to the persons needs.
Cons: there was no room for advancement.
I learned how to work with a population of persons whom have various challenges in life that the average person does not. This was very interesting and fun for me because I am the kind of person who loves people and wants to help as much as possible.
Productive and very interesting
DSP (Current Employee), Fluvanna NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: low paying, part time, bi-weekly pay
I learn new thing about my individuals every day. I do work with them help them shower eat and bathe.
Outstanding employer
Consultant (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYSeptember 14, 2013
The Resource Center provided me with a wonderful experience during my early career; employees at TRC are afforded ample opportunity to grow and progress as they learn new and challenging skills.
DSP review
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: helpful when you need to leave for kids
Cons: they treat you as if your expendable and they don't listen to your concerns
I enjoyed working with the mentally handicapped and seeing their faces light up. I also enjoyed to try and teach them new things. My typing skills have improved thanks to them. I lvoed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is lifting. Managment i did not care for at all i felt they did not listen to my concerns.
Proud of being able to make a difference
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYAugust 22, 2013
Pros: very friendly place to work
Cons: can be rough watching what some of these people go through
The people that work with can be difficult at times, but they can be the best people to be around some times. Management was there for they're clients and employees. Co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is seeing what some of the clients had to go through. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you – more... were able to make a difference in someone's life. – less
great place to work
Bus Driver - Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with were great
great place, friendly staff and people to work with, great training programs
Rewarding job
Medical Aide (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYJuly 4, 2013
Rewarding career, but poor compensation for the hardwork we provide. Good job security and availability.
fun
Enviromentle services (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJune 14, 2013
Pros: good pay good people
Cons: bad healthcare
it was unique u never knew what u would find there the boss he is down to earth a real nice man
productive work enviorment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 16, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Management was really good at this company. I enjoyed working with disabled residents to meet their everyday needs.
Productive and fun.
Truck Driver & Shipping and Recieving (Current Employee), Dunkirk, NYMay 14, 2013
Great work environment, get to work with the mentally handicapped and that brings me joy everyday.
The Resource Center is a wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 28, 2013
Pros: good people to work with, excellent benefit package, wages and work hours.
The Resource Center works hard to meet the needs of people with disabilities and their families. They give the necessary supports to help them achieve their goals and live their lives to the fullest. It is a great place to work!
Non profit agency
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 16, 2013
rewarding experience working with physically and mentally developmental disabilities
Top heavy
Case Manager (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 15, 2013
Pros: some supervisors are flexible with lunch times
Terrible company to work for. Promotions are given to people according to friendships and inappropriate relations. Bad pay, no raises and everything is swept under the carpet. Stay away!
I truly enjoyed working with the clients
Case Manager (Former Employee), 14048January 15, 2013
Pros: hours, benefits
Cons: no top level interaction with staff
Hours and staff were all friendly but unhappy. Clients were amazing to work with.
Was a fun place to work!
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: great learning experience working with both verbal and non verbal individuals, meeting the needs of many different types of people.
I was responsible for everyday living skills of mentally and physically handicapped individuals ranging in ages from teenagers to elderly adults.
Taking the clients on social outings and to appts.
Served meals,fed,bathed,passed meds and socialized with them. They also had a daily programming schedule while they were at home.
From this job I learned – more... that everyone is an individual and expresses themselves in many different ways.
It was an enjoyable job and the best part was caring for the clients. Making sure all of their needs were met on a daily basis.
The hardest part was the changes they made that took a lot of enjoyment out of the job. – less
A Terrible Organization to Work for.
DSP (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJuly 31, 2012
Cons: negative working environment. lazy co-workers. poor hourly wage.
Unfortunately, my working experience at The Resource Center has been unenjoyable.

The hourly wage isn't that great.

Most of my co-workers were lazy, the Residential Manager of the building I work at was quite rude and cantakerous, and the work schedule seemed to be set in stone with no room for adjustment. Don't accept a position expecting to have – more... regular or bi-weekly weekends off. At one point, I was scheduled to work several days in a row and was treated poorly when I asked my supervisor to correct the schedule.

Some of the employees are protected by a Union - which is no surprise to me considering the treatment I had received from my manager.

This was an "in-between" job for me. – less
amazing reliable company to work for
Community Living Specialists (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJuly 24, 2012
if i hadnt moved from the area i would probably still be employed here.