The Resource Center Employee Reviews

enjoyed working with clients, but managment not so much
Self Determination Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 30, 2016
i worked with one client in the mid morning to late afternoon made sure he showered and other hygiene things.Cleaned his apartment as he lived on his own with his cat.We grocery shopped, went out to eat, and took car rides. Also worked evenings with a teenage girl. She became pregnant last year so i helped her prepare to become a mother. tried to help her manage her money and helped her to not be as shy as she was. Management does not communicate well. and coworkers are very clicky. I took the job home with me a lot emotionally. I enjoyed bring smiles to my clients faces when they were having a great time
Benefits of being a supervisor
Medical Aide (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 2, 2017
During my time as an assistant manager, I truly enjoyed assisting the day to day operations of the group home. I was very close to the staff and individuals that lived in the home. I had many responsibilites that were managing money, ensuring staff did what was expected of them, ensuring the home was run in orderly fashion.
Pros
I loved working with the individuals
Cons
The hours at the time did not work with my personal life
Excellent population to work with, lousy company
Clinican (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYDecember 21, 2016
Working with people with developmental disabilities is a very rewarding career. Working at TRC, not so much. The work culture is very dysfunctional. Managers are constantly putting out fires and do not give people the tools they need to get the job done.
Pros
Working with the clients, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor pay and benefits, poor management.
Would never recommend working here unless you ar management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 27, 2016
I was yelled at by a manager in front of other staff, this manager had a history of doing this with other staff frequently. She was allowed to bully people at work. She fired me in an open doorway in an administration building with others as witness. I later won my job back from this instance. The union is helpful.
Pros
The individuals you take care of. Being able to wear your street clothes and work in home atmosphere
Cons
Management at TRC hates nurses. They are not appreciated at all.
Fun and productive
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 21, 2016
Easy place to work able to learn many different things while u get to high light your skills while growing from it.helping others adjust whie assisting on production line.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Major Layoffs
wonderful place to work making a difference in peoples lives
LPN staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 10, 2016
Amazing experience. Staff are caring and supportive of residents and the Teamwork is phenomenal. The support received from the company and our peers encourages a family/community environment.
Pros
dining with residents
Cons
N/A
TRC employment specialist
employment specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NY 14701May 24, 2016
This position required me to work within the community rather than in the office so much. My job was to help clients navigate their way through computers and resources to become a working and productive member of society. Once they learned basic computer skills and resume skills they worked alongside with me to develop good work ethic, social skills, problem solving skills, anger management skills. I was required to train with social security and learn of the programs to integrate with in the community to better my clients and help them along.
Pros
the hours were family friendly
Cons
this did require long days at times unexpectedly
Productive and fun place to work.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 24, 2016
I was there for a short time, but while I was there I enjoyed it somewhat. I didn't get to pick where I would like to be located at, but doing the things for the individuals was always the best.
Fun, exciting, spontaneous, and sometimes upsetting.
Assistant Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYDecember 19, 2016
A typical day working for The Resource Center is almost like any other day in your life. You are helping individuals with disabilities with every day tasks, and a lot of the time or whenever you can you are using teachable moments to help them learn more. You work with a wide variety of co-workers with different backgrounds and some days difference in opinions, or procedures can make for a stressful day. Which with The Resource Center makes for a rumor mill. For the most part the company's heart is in the right place when it comes to the care of the individuals. But when it comes to the employees that care for these individuals they do not get paid anywhere near enough money for what they go through to care for the individuals. Most employees have to take on a 2nd job in order to really live a decent life. It is my opinion that TRC purposely keeps it that way in order to keep employees practically begging for overtime, Which means more time at work, and less time with your family.
Pros
Having the satisfaction of knowing you are having a positive impact on someone's life.
Cons
Knowing that the lack of pay, and all the hours is having a negative impact on your life.
Enterprise Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 5, 2016
TRC is a great place to work. You will work for an at risk population of disabled individuals. It is highly rewarding. They try to promote from within.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
pay
Good
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NY 14701April 13, 2016
I did offices workand I cleaned floors moped floor I took out trash and I wipped windows I had my own creew and my own cleaning suplies on the job
Fun work experience with the clients.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 26, 2015
I think this place is great place to enjoy clients and help them with their life skills as well as help them to keep the life skills they already acquired. The some issues with staff but when you had the issue and brought it to your boss the issue was quickly taken care of in an professional manor. I would definitely work here again.
Pros
The work experience and the knowlege
Cons
Does not allow for raises for an ever grow economy
great place to work
dsp (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 23, 2015
TRC is a wonderful place to work and as long as you have the heart to help others it is a great career. Supporting people is something I have loved and will continue to enjoy in my personal and professional life.
Pros
set hours
Horrible place to work
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYNovember 26, 2015
The resource center fires employees when they get sick from being pregnant. Also treats them poorly. Management is also very rude. They do not care about their employees
very laid back workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX.May 18, 2015
Consistently performing administrative duties (answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping) allowed the nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and blood draws.
Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
Pros
a positive, and great workplace
Cons
very busy, busy
Productive Place to Work
DSP (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 13, 2015
Everything was in a routine, so that was nice. It was definitely a place where you can count on others for help if need be. They are very flexible. They also want you to be the best you can be. They had new jobs posted in a binder in case you needed to find something else within the company. The only thing was a little exhausting was having to go to trainings after working third shift. On the other hand it was good too, because they would pay you for staying.
Great place to work, great co-workers, and supervisors
Admin Assist / Credentialing and Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 28, 2015
• Ensured timely credentialing and payor enrollment of all service rendering providers to ensure optimum reimbursement and to remain in compliance with all Federal and State regulations and payor requirements.
• Credentialing of all professional service rendering staff employed, in compliance with NY State Article’s #’s 16, 28 and 31.
• Database Maintenance.
• Credentialing Compliance.
• Insurance Enrollment.
• Insurance Compliance.
• Updating requirements from insurance companies pertaining to providers.
Pros
Good Salary, Benefits, 401K, etc
Providing independence and quality of life
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me with The Resource center is attending to the needs of individuals with special needs and disabilities. My goal each day is to promote independence with activities of daily living and to provide the best quality of life to each individual.
Pros
Freedom to choose activities
Cons
No benefits
Former RN at TRC
RN (Former Employee) –  200 Dunham Ave Jamestown NYJanuary 22, 2015
I worked at TRC for many years and enjoyed my time there. The clients I worked with were very special to me and they become a part of your family as does the staff that works there.
I learned to work as a team for the benefit of the clients. I learned about delegating duties and meeting deadlines and being able to explain to clients and staff the reasons we do the things we do.
The hardest part of my job was finding enough time to work with the clients due to the many meetings that I was required to attend.
The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the clients and it is still a joy to see them in the community and visit with them.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Caring Staff
Cons
Heavy Caseloads
Awesome clients, not so awesome leadership
Non-union (Former Employee) –  Jamestown,nyDecember 10, 2014
Working with the clients is a life changing experience, however, management and beyond makes for a less than desirable work environment.
There are many things going on with in the agency that are "questionable"ethically. Leadership has no backbones...
Salary is less than desirable for education needed in many departments- raises if you are not direct support are non existent.
Benefits are good, however you do pay a decent amount for them- but you cant beat them.
Pros
benefits. clients
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Resource Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Resource Center Reviews by Location