The Resource Center Employee Reviews

enabled me to utilize my skills
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYAugust 15, 2015
Pros: great providers
Cons: short breaks
A challenging workplace but absolutely love my patients and co-workers.
I had great providers who were always willing to teach me new things,
Productive evironment with great co-workers.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), 92 Fairmount Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701August 10, 2015
Pros: Nice work environment with nice people.
Cons: Tedious.
Nice place to work. Stay in one work place for long periods. Good breaks. Other workers are easy to get along with. Management is fair in their treatment of workers.
Loved the consumers not the management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYAugust 7, 2015
Pros: individuals
Cons: managment
Overall the organization is amazing. They help so many individuals out. It's a great place to work.
It gets worse by house.
Short staffed is a major issue
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: Training, good work environment
Cons: none
Really enjoyed my work here! Administration is easy to work with and tries to meet staff needs as well as client needs. Lots of room for advancement with agency encouragement and training.
very laid back workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TX.May 18, 2015
Pros: a positive, and great workplace
Cons: very busy, busy
Consistently performing administrative duties (answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping) allowed the nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and blood draws.
Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
Productive Place to Work
DSP (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 13, 2015
Everything was in a routine, so that was nice. It was definitely a place where you can count on others for help if need be. They are very flexible. They also want you to be the best you can be. They had new jobs posted in a binder in case you needed to find something else within the company. The only thing was a little exhausting was having to go to trainings after working third shift. On the other hand it was good too, because they would pay you for staying.
Providing independence and quality of life
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: Freedom to choose activities
Cons: No benefits
A typical day at work for me with The Resource center is attending to the needs of individuals with special needs and disabilities. My goal each day is to promote independence with activities of daily living and to provide the best quality of life to each individual.
Great place to work, great co-workers, and supervisors
Admin Assist / Credentialing and Enrollment (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good Salary, Benefits, 401K, etc
• Ensured timely credentialing and payor enrollment of all service rendering providers to ensure optimum reimbursement and to remain in compliance with all Federal and State regulations and payor requirements.
• Credentialing of all professional service rendering staff employed, in compliance with NY State Article’s #’s 16, 28 and 31.
• Database Maintenance.
• Credentialing Compliance.
• Insurance Enrollment.
• Insurance Compliance.
• Updating requirements from insurance companies pertaining to providers.
productive and fun place to work
Assisting individual (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work, staff is wonderful to work with. Clients are alot of fun as well. I will miss working with such great people.
Former RN at TRC
RN (Former Employee), 200 Dunham Ave Jamestown NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, caring staff
Cons: heavy caseloads
I worked at TRC for many years and enjoyed my time there. The clients I worked with were very special to me and they become a part of your family as does the staff that works there.
I learned to work as a team for the benefit of the clients. I learned about delegating duties and meeting deadlines and being able to explain to clients and staff the reasons we do the things we do.
The hardest part of my job was finding enough time to work with the clients due to the many meetings that I was required to attend.
The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the clients and it is still a joy to see them in the community and visit with them.
If you have the heart and patience, this is your job!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: gaining trust with the residents
Cons: management, the union, pay
A typical day in a residential setting is preparing for meals for the individuals. Many of them did not consume food in their original state, it is to be grounded or pureed in order to be safely consumed. There are daily activities/goals that are to be met that include cooking, chores (laundry, dish washing), memory flash cards, Dynavox communication, walking, standing, speech. There was a lot of lifting of residents due to them unable to properly walk on their own so hoyer lifts or two person standing transfers were to be performed. Hygiene assistance was performed by staff from bathing to oral – more... care. Residents also would go on outings in the community like shopping or dining out. Data entry was required to log daily progress and behaviors of individuals.
I have learned patience while working in this setting and a stronger appreciation for life. I worked with individuals with traumatic brain injuries. I learned that the residents' lives matter and you put them first. They do appreciate it more than people care to realize. Many of them may not have "a voice" to show how they care, but their reactions towards you speak volumes.
Management was doing the best they could on their part, but it was unstable in many levels from the welfare of the residents to the employees. There was unnecessary strife/feuds, poor communication and vindictive power trips. The union also displayed poor representation.
I loved what I did. I loved the people I assisted. I gave them my all and they were worth it. I enjoyed being an advocate for them. – less
Awesome clients, not so awesome leadership
Non-union (Former Employee), Jamestown,nyDecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits. clients
Cons: everything else
Working with the clients is a life changing experience, however, management and beyond makes for a less than desirable work environment.
There are many things going on with in the agency that are "questionable"ethically. Leadership has no backbones...
Salary is less than desirable for education needed in many departments- raises if you are not direct support are non existent.
Benefits are good, however you do pay a decent amount for them- but you cant beat them.
This is the best experience as far as a job that i have had in all the fields of work.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: getting up and going to work everyday knowing you will make a difference
Cons: some thing happening that shouldn't be or shouldn't have
Days at work were always awesome. It was great to know you were going to work to work with co workers that were there for the same reason as you to help individuals to help themselves become independent. You learn how to deal and handle people that have a disability and how they handle it themselves everyday. Management was strict about what was said and done around them which is understandable. The hardest part was if something happened to an individual during the shift. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you helping to make a difference in their lives everyday.
stayed busy
DSP- Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: the flexibilty of hours
worked 3rd shift in a split group home responsible for up to 10 consumers per 2 to every staff. cared and taught everyday lifestyle resources to consumers
never enough staff,
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYOctober 6, 2014
Cons: insurance
you get there do your job go home
a typical day at work
you would give showers
you would complete milestones
you would cook dinner
you would complete therap
you would read all of your therap
you would clean your teams rooms up
pick next days outfit out so morning shift don't have too do that.............
FALSE ADVERTISING
Supportive Living Specialist (Former Employee), 8th StreetOctober 3, 2014
Pros: none that i got to know of.
Cons: alot
I can't say that my work experience with TRC was pleasant. I never really got a chance to work. Because after being hired, then waiting 3 weeks for my orientation to begin they decided to retract their job offer. All because of my "disability"! Which I made them aware of the day they hired me. I was told that would be no problem. My disabilities would interfere with my job as it was explained to me. They also put out there on the documents you sign at hire that they WILL NOT hold your disability against you in any way!Please let us know so we can work with you..... That they are an EEOC with the Federal government, etc,. At the end when they called, they wouldn't even explain why or talk to me. Basically, I was hung upon by two of the higher ups in the Company, very professional.
Boss was very fair
Medical Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
learned a great deal about customer service and Medicaid billing
short staffed
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee), celoron, new yorkJuly 14, 2014
Pros: one on one time with residents.
Cons: shortstaffed employees not treated with respect.
this company is very short staffed. The consumers are great, just the long hours aren't good.
A decent way to get by, but you'll want something better elsewhere
File Clerk (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, good pay
Cons: dull work, difficult communication
My job wasn't bad, but I wouldn't recommend it as a permanent career choice. The managers and the coworkers were really nice and helped me out whenever I am stuck on a particular job. However, being assigned new jobs is often difficult since I had no access to email and I never received memos. The work does get really monotonous without any sort of higher education to help advance you into a better position. If you're wanting to get a minimum wage job that can get you by while in college, this isn't a bad choice. However, I would recommend you find work elsewhere if you want a full-time job and earn a means to live.
Best residents to care for
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: otj training
Cons: pay rate was great
Helping with daily maintenance like showers and meals or appointments. Learned how to care for those who cant care for themselves. Great co workers great communicators. the hardest part was staying awake thru the night. The most enjoyable is seeing my residents smiling faces.