The Retail Outsource

The Retail Outsource Employer Reviews

reatil
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2014
busy day at work
learned how to work the cashier, inventory ,back stock, sales
I loved my manager he was very active and always pushed me to do better at my job
the only hard part was balancing school and graduation
was dealing with customers
really a temporary fit.
sales executive (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 21, 2014
A temporary fit. Perfect laid back environment, for further education. But not for me.
WIRELESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 11, 2014
A typical day was just a typical day. You learn how to solve problems quickly and think fast. Everyone including management worked together.
Small marketing company that is contract client driven
Area Manager (Current Employee), Yaphank, NYJune 28, 2014
field management throughout the US representing our clients best interests
good
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston txJune 11, 2014
this company was awesome got to chill at home all day...
you know got free hours
some black guy got us fired because he was doing fraud so that went down hill so yeah now im jobless
A stepping stone
Account Executive, Apple Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Mechanicsville. VAApril 24, 2014
Pros: meet lots of great people
Cons: long work days, no gas reimbursement, insane quota
I won't bash the company but I will say don't plan on staying very long. If you make a mistake that you didn't realize at the time you were making they will fire you. No remorse nothing you are just cut!

I did learn valuable things from them but I wouldn't want to work for this company again.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Denton, TXApril 18, 2014
It was a great place to work. Management was very pleasant and respected employees.
Bad Experience
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 14, 2014
Developed store into the top performer in my market, while gaining valuable leadership, managerial and recruitment skills. Responsible for over 20 employees; included scheduling, career development and sales goals.
Productive fun experience
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: work inside walmart or another retail
Sale Phones inside Walmart, the relationship between TRO and Walmart wasn't the greatest, but managed some how.
Market Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 26, 2014
Learn a lot from this company. Management never gets with you. Your opinion is ignored and they always goes with whatever is easier for them. They will lower reps commission structure and assign ridiculous high quotas. A very racist company with no regards for employee well being. Lots of traveling with a low car allowance. 90% travel 10% administrative. – more... They want something from you 28hours a day. No one ever is to blame but yourself even when have nothing to do with you. If you want no life with tons of stress and a less than 3k a month then this is the place for you. – less
Adults Need Not Apply
Wireless Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: you will gain a lot of sales and management experience.
Cons: you are nothing but a number to the company
I was hired as an entry-level salesman and was quickly promoted to Manager of my own location. My succession to the manager role was a bit surprising seeing as I was only with the company a short time. Luckily for them I had previous leadership/management experience and I took advantage of the opportunity.

That being said I think this may have been – more... a common practice in hiring management, most of which were good salesman but poor leaders. This is also probably due to their fast turnover rate. It was very common to meet new people, as well as say goodbye to others every month.

Pointless conference calls every other day seemed to help keep the higher-ups sated but it never really helped anyone at the store level ( micro-managing.)

A typical day would include preparing the wireless center by making sure all of the merchandise was neat and presentable and then nothing. The store in which I worked in had very low traffic which made getting wireless sales very hard. Had to think outside the box and started advertising on craigslist, ebay classifieds and facebook. I also created flyers and placed them on parked cars in the parking lot as well as handed them out to customers in and out of the store. I really hustled to try and get the word out. I'd say that 95% of the customers I interacted with had NO idea that the store had a wireless department. A testament to the awful advertisement/marketing efforts of the company and the client. My proposals for an aggressive online and print ad campaign fell on deaf ears.

Earned a decent base salary plus commission but work/life balance was non-existent. Worked a minimum of 50 hours a week and got the stink eye if I even mentioned working anything less.

The first District Manager (also the man who hired me) was a very nice guy. He took every employee under his wing and taught them sales techniques and helped them develop their own style. He was very hands-on and personable. Soon after promoting me to manager he himself was promoted to work and develop another client. His successor was an absolute idiot. He basically just showed up, asked how everything was and then left. His only contribution was to let me and my team know that we needed to sell. I'll write that again, sell. That's it. He was a waste of space, time and money (and probably still is.)

There were a few pros. Working with and developing my own team was definitely one of them. Imparting your knowledge, successes and failures to younger team members was a very satisfying and enriching experience. Also, being employed by TRO meant that one had a sense of autonomy when working in a big box retail store that was not your direct employer. These retailers have their own policies and procedures that can be very counter-productive, so being able to completely ignore them and do your own thing was very satisfying.

Overall I'd say this is a great job for young people in college. Even then, get your money, gain experience and then get out. Even if promoted to management I'd recommend not to stay there for more than 2 years. This company doesn't care about its employees. They want to make their money as quickly and as cheaply as possible and will exploit you to accomplish this. Anyone older than 25 should completely avoid this company. – less
Wireless Sales in Wal-Mart
Wireless Sales Adviser (Former Employee), Garland TexasJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: getting a chance to win phones
Cons: not being allowed to help walmart customers with anything but wireless
For the most part I loved my job. The best part was the extensive and on going training. I received training from Att, T-Mobile, Sprint, Samsung, and HTC. The hardest part of my job was stopping walmart customers and convincing them a 2 year service agreement was BEST for their wireless needs. The most enjoyable part were the contests. I won a contest – more... for most Samsung phones sold in my district. My boss was a great guy who treated us fair and equally and he would make it a point to do anything to help us succeed. – less
Don't Waste Your Time
Management (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: depends on program, the pay can be good
Cons: management is uneducated and no job security what so ever.
If you have a brain don't work here. Take your talents elsewhere. The work day is not the problem. The demands that they have on you don't make any sense and its the dumbest management I have seen in my 12 years of management. Co-workers are cool but management lie, tells you one thing and do another thing to cover their you know what, leaves you hanging – more... with issues for you to take the blame.

Pay is shady and benefits are so expensive. It's cheaper to buy your own health insurance.

Don't think that your position is safe no matter what they tell you. They will do what ever the client tells them to do to make the devil happy.

If you do work for this company, use it as a stepping stone to something greater. Believe me you deserve better than ANYTHING this company has to offer. – less
Fun Work place
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 2, 2014
Fun work place. Managers that care. Advancement opportunities also
Ok
Sales Associate/ Location Manager (Former Employee), Revere and Danvers, MaOctober 28, 2013
Cons: pay was too low, the product were not available to the area
This was an outsource company
My day consisted of selling product and services
Great Company with Excellent Values
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2013
Great management, very helpful. I enjoy working from home and the assignments are very interesting.
Selfish and Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South DallasAugust 5, 2013
Pros: working independently
Cons: almost no commision, unprofessional management, no advancement opportunities
I'll start by saying this was my first sales position and I have learned quite a lot about cellular sales, but that will be the only good thing I have to say.

Management is my biggest con about this company, they have unrealistic quotas for sales that you will be written up for if you don't hit. There is no commision unless you hit the quota and even – more... if you manage to do that, the commission is very low. There is literally no support from management for anything, you hardly will ever see them at best once a week. And finally the benefits are a joke, and upon leaving you will lose all commision from the previous month and will not be paid for any unused paid leave time.

My second biggest con is the awful work hours, and being forced to work off the clock. Full timers work 5 days a week including every weekend no exceptions, 12-9 leaving no time for outside life, and good luck getting approved for a day off. And finally, being forced to go to meetings, hours from where you live, off the clock with no compensation was one of the final straws for me. – less
Great learning experience
Area Sales Training Manager (Former Employee), FLMay 17, 2013
This opportunity gave me the chance to travel and meet many different types of people. It also allowed to really hone my technical sales ability by teaching it to others. I was able to practice frequently speaking and teaching in front of groups of people, which helped my communication overall and my public speaking.
Unprofessional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: no heathcare benefits only a discount heath plan
My experience with management was non-existing to say the least. the company misrepresent the job description and salary. you are not paid for phone sales in a timely manner, and your commisions are never accurate
Great first Sales job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCOctober 22, 2012
This is a great job to get a feel in the sales indutsry, but they will pound you for sales! it you dont stay active your off the board quick!

About The Retail Outsource

The Retail Outsource creates a custom sales system including everything from how customers are greeted, operational procedures, – Read more

The Retail Outsource Photos