The Retail Outsource Employee Reviews

Bad company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 8, 2017
This company is horrible all around. They force you to work off the clock and they are not there own company. They are a contracted company and put you inside other stores and tell you that you do not work for the store BUT you have to abide by there policies and God forbid if someone there takes a disliking to you. They will berate and belittle you and not believe you no matter how untrue the accusations are and with no proof. Doesn't matter how good of a salesman you are YOU WILL BE FIRED!!!!
Dont do it..
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYMarch 7, 2017
Worked for them for a year and then they were let go as a company for Sprint. We all lost our jobs. All 770 or more employees. This company is terrible...
Great work atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVFebruary 23, 2017
The job itself was incredible, but the management staff that thy had in charge of everyone, left more to be desired. If you have a family and want to have a life at all, this job is definitely not worth it.
Horrible corporate culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 26, 2017
No recognition of efforts.
No upper management support.
No pay annual pay raise.
Dog eat dog corporate culture.
No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Large health care deduction. Micromanagement and long hours.
The Retail Outsource
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day would involve getting up early in the morning and search for resumes the first three hours. At 12pm, I would begin calling candidates since my market was on the West Coast. I had a great hiring manager working with me, the communication was great. The hardest part about the job would be sometimes it would be difficult to reach a candidate. The most enjoyable part was filling in the positions with the right people.
Not very challenging
Wireless Expert (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNOctober 27, 2016
It's an easy job but not very fulfilling to walk around Walmart and sell cell phones to people doing their grocery shopping.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Very boring
Beware!!
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 3, 2016
This company is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for. The management is worthless, lies about everything, will turn there back on you. I know every company is only worried about the bottom line but this place complains when you don't sell insurance or accessories( which you don't get compensated for but they do). Like all sales you get a commission but there commission is a joke. You only get commission on post paid phones you sell, it is a tear structure and you get paid from $5 - $9.50 per phone. To hit the $9.50 you have to sell 120+ phone lmao Plus they stick you in a Walmart and the Walmart associates will disappear. So you will be doing there job also. It's good for the experience but that's it cause a career it is not
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, horrible management, commission is a joke, all they do is lie
Terrible Joke
Cellular Sales (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 19, 2016
I was completely misled about this job from day one. I didn't receive credit for the majority of my sales and only received a fraction of my commission. I have years of experience in sales, but never experienced anything quite like this. Basically, worst job I've ever had.
The biggest mistake ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 17, 2016
I was absolutely blown away by the lack of professionalism in this company. I started in March, and was promoted and fired by July. This isn't a disgruntled employee review, this is the truth. Regional management guarantees your job is safe? Don't believe that. Management gives you specific instructions to do something? Don't do it. You will get blamed for something that you were told to do and probably shouldn't have been told to do it. I'm still waiting on payroll to reimburse me for hours my previous manager deducted from my timecard. I'm also waiting for Human Resources to get back to me about my termination. It is all very shady. District managers hired in with absolutely no wireless experience, pay is very shady, your commissions are never right, you are not protected by your upper management team, it's very dog eat dog. The astronomical amount of pressure they put on you to perform with no training is a joke. My store was #1 in the market. I carried the market the entire time I was with the company and there were two months that I was literally the only employee in the store. Please beware of the Skype interviews, the market manager who knows nothing about wireless, the regional manager who will lie to cover themselves, and the shady company who can't even pay their employees, let alone take pride in them.
Cons
Lacks organization, vision and professionalism.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 15, 2016
The position was very confusing and you are treated like a "#" vs being a human.

We were kept in the dark of what our client wanted and also what was going on with the vision of our team.

Very frustrating, the corporate team acts as if they run thr entire World and lack communication and professional respect.

Stay away and go work for another company if you are looking for sales promo type work.
Pros
Work/Life Balance. The fact you can leave when you realize it is not solid.
Cons
Corporate team, no professionalism, communication is slow/lacking.
Terrible Job
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYAugust 3, 2016
I worked here long enough before I learned what really goes on behind closed doors. The fellow Wal-Mart employees don't understand why your there. Management will stab you in the back to cover their own behinds. If you have any sense at all, don't work here.
Cons
Backstabbing Management
Not a good company
Fromer employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2016
Pays well, and it a nice balance of work/life. But it is unorganized, they have consistent turn over with district management and regional management. The Milwaukee/Racine regional manager is not fit to run the region, there is not a good training structure for the starting employees
Inconsistent/poor training and work environment leads to difficult and frustrating job experience
Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White House, TNMay 24, 2016
BE WARNED

This is cold sales. If you are not someone who is passionate about selling phones or who is not a good salesman, run in the opposite direction.

You will be in a Wal-Mart by yourself (or with one other person) soliciting customers to come get upgrades for their cell phone service. The work environment depends entirely on the Wal-Mart you are in, and it is your job to ensure that you are properly trained.

At least in my area, the training has been non-existent, especially for someone who has not done cold sales before. THIS IS NOT A RETAIL SALES POSITION. You are a sales consultant representing any number of post-paid cell phone services selling phones to people in a Wal-Mart whether or not they want them.
Pros
A lot of exercise. free lunches for high sales performance
Cons
Lack of training, lack of supervision, inconsistent work environment
waste of time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 10, 2016
Pay good...hours went from 40 to 10 a week. Lol Not a good company to work for. Horrible communication with higher ups. Probably the worst job I've had.
Pros
Opening for better employment
Cons
no hours no help
Retail Outsource is a great employer
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York Metro and Long IslandAugust 7, 2015
I have worked for the company twice. I gave them my all, and they expressed their appreciation for jobs well done every time. They value motivated people and they are always looking for ways to motivate their people.
1 in five employees dropped out before training even completed
Kansas Market Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 31, 2015
This is an incredibly shady organization doing many morally ambiguous activities. Many lies were shared that became obvious as not true in the first month. I regret having ever accepted working for them.
Tons of travel and relationship building
South Texas Territory Account Manager For Cricket (Current Employee) –  South TexasJuly 21, 2015
I drive around 2 1/2 hours up to 3 1/2 hours to each area outside of my home area. Visit my stores and make sure all of the products are in stock and discuss ordering with staff. I also go over training and issues with staff and decide if there needs to be any info that goes over. Building relations with store staff requires time and getting them invested in the long term pros of selling our items and to be confident in doing so. I also go over orders or issues with management and keep them in the loop on issues involving anything that comes up. I also communicate that I am always available for questions and issues during their hours and to never feel afraid to not call me.

I've learned how to take care of my staff and how to communicate on multiple levels with staff. I've also learned how to get and keep people interested in what we do and to make them think of our product as being their number one go to.

All my coworkers are in different areas of the country so most contact is via email or phone.

Hardest part of the job would have to be traveling constantly day after day especially when you are exhausted and have no want to drive; I still drive.

Most enjoyable part of the job I would say would be the people I take care of. They enjoy seeing me and trust me enough to remember me. The staff at all my locations always comment on my good work and how I'm their only constant representative that comes in on a weekly basis
Pros
I can start anytime of the day as long as I get it done.
Cons
Driving, Too many hours and spending too much time on the road
good
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 15, 2015
very good place to work they were very nice i loved working there and they did there best to make u understand everything
Short Assignment
Senior Wireless Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Job was located me in a very nice location but the assignment was not long enough.
Great Company
Representative / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2014
If you need a job this is a place to work.They help you every step of the way and treat you like a human being.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Retail Outsource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8