The Reynolds and Reynolds Company Employee Reviews

Good place to use as stepping stone to a better job
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 16, 2017
Typical work day consists of travelling to customer site on performing a variety of IT tasks. On-call 24/7 with no compensation.
Management depicts it's who you know, not what you know.
Be a friend to the supervisor and get good raises, question them at any point and say goodbye to any raises. Hardest part of job is the lack of opportunity for advancement or opportunity to grow. Most enjoyable part is being on call and having slow days where you can study for something better.
Pros
Free time, company vehicle.
Cons
Poor management, no opportunity for advancement, poor salary.
Hostile and Invasive
Technical Assistance Center - Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 13, 2017
The company culture is designed to dominate all of your life choices from eating habits, and friendships to life decisions. I would never recommend working for this dictatorship.
Beware
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2017
Culture here is guarded and coworkers seems afraid. Resources are not provided for your success. There is much confusion and poor communication among the ranks. The organization is quick to provide negative feedback in an effort to scare employees into submission. The company does not focus on customer satisfaction nor do they seem to value employee health and welfare. Customers have significant misgivings about their aggressive contracts that go with their products similar to some disliked cell phone companies. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good.
Cons
Poorly organized, uncaring organization.
Productive, good people, good culture
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2017
Highly renowned, reputable company. Great training opportunities. Good sales and service support. As a sales associate/manager, you work virtually (good) and manage your time (mostly).
Pros
Virtual workplace
Cons
Salary+commissions not equal to amount of work
Its okay job
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 31, 2017
Coworkers were nice, management couldnt get their act together to save their lives, to much work for only 2 people, no life/work balance, major time crunch with way to much work, GA office is the redhead step child.
Pros
Good coworkers, okay benefits
Cons
Breaks cut short, not enough people, life/work isnt balanced
Worked in the field/Home office
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2017
Overall I had enjoyed my years with Universal computer Systems/Reynolds & Reynolds as a Field Engineer assisting many clients achieving new levels of technology & improving their bottom line in the process.
Starting at the home office & setting up client visits by priority.
(Ex. A down server would be a top priority.)
How to assess a clients needs an take action on the fly, along with building business relationships.
As long as The clients needs where met I was on my own for the most part.
As far as a workplace culture...Myself & other Eng. covered each others backs, where ever needed.
At times the long drives chasing down parts at all hours of the day/night could become a challenge.
Gratification of seeing a job well done & a happy client.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Late night hour convergence.
Boring but steady
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 29, 2017
Good place for a paycheck and some basic job experience. Good first job. Work hard and remember everything about the place because you'll know exactly what you want to avoid in all your future jobs. BUT, this will get some experience on your resume.
Pros
Steady pay, not stressful
Cons
No advancement, management hates women, low pay, boring
Its ok
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
It's not the best place I've ever worked but they do hire a lot of people who don't have a lot of experience. Its good for a right out of school job. Management is VERY gossipy and only care about you if you have a "scandal". You are likely to get thrown under the bus unless management is involved then the whole team goes down. Also management only deals with tough situations if they have to. If they can they will overlook more than they should.

I would go back if I had to but I hope I don't have to!
Pros
You don't have to have a lot of experience
I enjoyed working for Reynolds + Reynolds
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2017
I worked for R +R for eight years, starting as a computer operator, then as a tax clerk for a subsidiary company, then transferring into the MIS department where I worked for two different programming groups. I enjoyed the work I did for them, and for the most part liked the people I worked with. However, there was a situation I felt management mishandled badly and possibly illegally and most likely resulted in the reason for my leaving the company.
Great people but time intensive job
Software Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 19, 2017
My fellow employees are all great people and are all willing to put in the time to make sure the job is done correctly. Meeting these people is one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. However it feels as if we are always unpaid and unstaffed.

The hardest part of the job is the constant travel and the inability to put down roots due to the travel. My job requires constant, Monday-Friday, travel to dealerships around the country installing our product. The hours we work vary but most weeks are at least 45-50 hours including travel. Our travel is paid for and so is food and hotel while onsite, however.

Overall you know what you are signing up for but most employees in my position leave the company after around 2-3 years in this role.
Good Job
Software Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Almost every week I was required to travel and I would put in a lot of hours. I would train computer software at auto dealerships around the country.

I learned a lot about communication with a variety of people. I worked a lot with management as I traveled.

Hardest part of the job was traveling so often and being away from the family. When I was in town, I was never allowed to work from home when others were. That is what ticked me off the most. Almost never any work to be done in the office and people that would go see movies during office time would be the ones to receive employee of the month.

The most enjoyable part was seeing new places I've never been to in the country. Plus I really liked getting over time hours and per diem as I traveled.

This is a perfect job if you are single and living with your parents.
Pros
All benefits are there. Overtime hours, Per Diem
Cons
Being gone all the time.
A lot of talented people and a constant learning experience
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 9, 2017
Always learning and we all learned that we don't know what we don't know. Good people.

It was a good company to work for and it never had an intellectually boring moment.

I enjoyed the job and people very much.
Pros
Variety of geographical locations for work and always meeting new people.
Cons
I really don't recall any.
Enjoyable place to work
Trekk Operator (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHOctober 9, 2017
Although the immediate management was terrible, the higher up was great and very understanding. I loved working at
reynolds and reynolds and would recommend!
Conservative
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
They track everywhere you go, you're "salaried" but have to clock in and out. Everything is healthy even if you dont need to always drink diet coke, diet lemonade.
Pros
Your own office
Cons
Mandatory team lunches, boring projects, strict dress code
Review Summary
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2017
The work culture was diverse. It was very enjoyable to go to work each day. The staff truly supported each other and was always willing to share knowledge.
DO not recommend
Desktop/Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Uncompetitive pay and a lack of security focus or desire to advance technologies to stay current. Software and hardware often is past end of support life for years before being replaced.
Na
Software Consultant / Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company. They do not pay fairly, the management shows favoritism and you fear for your job on a daily basis. Very stressful environment and sad to see them ruining so many peoples lives.
Manual and automated testing of software as it was produced.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 23, 2017
Ran functional tests on software code as it was completed.
Wrote and ran automated tests of the software each week.
Taught code testing by a senior employee.
Did additional testing if customers reported specific problems.
The hardest part of the job was creating tests similar to work patterns of current users.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the rest of the team to cover new code.
Pros
Writing new tests.
Cons
Not examining the code base.
Great place to work!
Bench Support (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great place for aspiring engineers. Fun environment, and great management. Flexible schedule, and great for technical degree students wishing to obtain some experience.
So so job. Good for college students.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  College station, txAugust 14, 2017
Slow pace company. Pay is on the low end but benefits are good. There's many departments to choose from to work in. Good starter company to learn.

They do a full café and you can pay with your company I.D. card. They just pull it from your check. Blame Attribution in Court: Conceptualization and Measurement of Perpetrator Blame

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reynolds and Reynolds Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9