The Reynolds and Reynolds Company Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work if you have no real goals
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
started working straight out of college and seemed great but over time it became obvious they are a dead end.

most of my work is spent repairing broken records from fixes made when their software was first commandeered.

they did however teach me how to use a couple of obsolete langues.

coworkers are the only good aspect of working here long time. as long as the rapid turn around of low level employees does not bother you.
Pros
good company benefits, decent healthcare option, regular raises
Cons
poor low level management
Lots of hands on work, horrible management
FULL TIME BENCH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 29, 2016
The only way to move up in the company was to be well networked, management only promoted the people they were close with outside of work. In some cases you could move up for your work abilities, but that requires an ultimatum.
I enjoyed the work in my department, it was very hands on. However the training was almost minimal. You're trained by multiple associates who all have their own way of doing things. It makes for very inconsistent work.
The pay was not great, but the benefits were good. The insurance was affordable and had matching 401k. College station has an onsite health center. There was no cost to the medical care from the health center and they can write prescriptions for antibiotics and provide flu shots.
Job - Not A Career
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 10, 2016
After almost 10 years I do not feel that this was the right fit for me any longer. There are a lot of great individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with over my tenure - but those are becoming far and few as time passes. The company is extremely profitable but continues to find ways to ensure that the employees do not reap any of those benefits. Not a career - good starting point for those coming out of college. If I could do it all over again I would have left 5 years ago.
Pros
Remote Position, Cell Phone, Company Car
Cons
Low pay, no accountability, extremely low company morale
Will pay your bills
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Reynolds and Reynolds seemed great at first, maybe considering how naïve I was at 19. The structure of management is surreal to me, in that you could be managed by a suit who never went through the leg work that you were doing.
Very strange people throughout the office, not friendly, awkward. The walls are entirely blank, most departments did not allow pictures in the cubicles either, as if the customers we were working with would actually walk into the office, let alone care about our desk decorations.
Management varied, some would micro manage but for the most part, as long as you were taking care of business, they were laxed.
Pros
Easy to sit at your desk and do nothing during slow hours.
Cons
Random drug screens for tobacco.
Training at Reynolds and Reynolds
Document and Marketing Sales Trainee (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 16, 2016
Typically we start our morning reviewing email and putting the fishing touches on objectives for the day ahead. We visit 2-5 dealerships a say, then begin working on office work such as proofs and quotes. There is a lot of flexibility at Reynolds, but there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement because of the high employee retention. The hardest part of the job was relating to the all male, baby boomer management. One positive is that you have a base of products that you will sell every month. There is not a lot of new customers to target though. You will up-sell within assigned accounts. What I learned working here is that every move you make has to be carefully planed, because if you do not relate to one customer well you will have a hard time winning new business with him, and you do not have new leads to go target.
Pros
Assigned accounts, flexible hours, good products
Cons
Not alot of opportunity for growth, you pay for your company car, healthcare
Family Atmosphere with Great Perks and Opportunites
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 10, 2015
There's a fun, family atmosphere within the department as well as in other departments. We have many outside activities both company sponsored as well as just coworkers and their families getting together off the clock to hang out and do things. My coworkers have become my best friends. When my family recently experienced the loss of a member, my entire department sent condolences or came to the services. The VP and Director even flew in from Ohio. If that doesn't constitute having caring and genuine associates and management I'm not sure what does.

The open door policy allows me to knock on my supervisor's door and voice any ideas or concerns without fear of reprimand or dismissal. Every six months I sit down with my supervisor and go over my work and am eligible for a raise. They only promote from within so when a supervisory position comes open, I won't have to fight outside candidates if i's something I wish to pursue. My supervisor also started at the bottom as well so she understands where we're coming from. All of the internal training allowed me to come into the recruiting department with only banking and daycare experience previously and become successful within my department.

The onsite healthcare center and gym have saved me so much money, and the food in the dining hall is excellent with many different choices and inexpensive compared to eating out in town for lunch each day.
Pros
Onsite Gym, Healthcare Facilities, and Dining as well as Biannual Reviews w/ Raise Opportunity
Cons
The lobby needs music :)
Great people / Poor compensation / Poor management
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
There are great people working here, and it's a great place to start if you don't have a degree, but want to pursue software development. Compensation is sub-par. 401k matches to 6%. Health care is meh. You are expected to figure things out on your own by looking at other people's terrible code. There is very little documentation. Communication from management is terrible. The training only teaches you 1 of the 2 languages you're expected to code in.
Pros
No degree required
Cons
Expected to put in over 40, poor compensation, poor communication from management, different workers not held to same standard
Typical Fast Food
Applications Programmer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
It is your typical fast food environment. Work 30 hrs so you do not get benefits, hard work.

Management is too many hrs for too little pay, unless you get a high volume story.
Pros
Their money spends
Cons
hard work, little money
Reynolds & Reynolds is an amazing company that you can grow with and be apart of.
Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
I first would like to state how stupendous of a company Reynolds & Reynolds is. I truly have no complaints from my time working with them. The culture they embody is a self-started environment. You always have to be able to get things going and create new avenues while doing so.My typical day consist of coming into the office checking emails, connect and replying back to people. After, I have the opportunity I meet with Naked Lime Marketing to develop hands on our marketing strategy and weekly goals. Finally correspond with any associates that I may need to meet with to accomplished our set goals. My co-workers are very friendly and inviting, never turning away from a question. Always there to help get the job done. The hardest part about my job was not taking my work home. It becomes so contagious to find new ways and avenues to market that I would find myself still working even when I am out with friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see your idea come to life and to know you have surpassed your clients expectation.
Pros
Team Activities & Pay
Cons
Bad work environment and even worse management
Technical Assistance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2016
The job is super easy but the work environment is very negative and the management staff is not in touch with the people. everything i micro managed in one department while the others run free and have almost not rules to complete the job.

Want to know more about The Reynolds and Reynolds Company?

Ask a question
Good company to learn sales training and customer service
Integrated Document Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 10, 2016
Visit customers on a daily basis with resulting work in the evening
Sales and Customer Service - ongoing
Constant management of territory
Teamwork is important and assistance is normally available
Balancing office and field time can be challenging
The freedom of managing your time and activities is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Fluctuations in the industry
Stuck in the past
Software Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Reynolds and Reynolds implementation department is build for high turnover. They hire young professionals fresh out of college and burn them out quickly with all the travel. The same position at most other companies pays about 20% more. The young co-workers make for a fun in-office enviroment however I was rarely in office. When I was hired I was told 50% travel and when I left I was on the road about 95% of my time.
Excellent workplace!
Lead Order Processor/Profiler (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 7, 2016
I loved working for Reynolds & Reynolds. The pay was fair, although not exessive. The benefits were good. Coworkers were nice and easy to work with. The company was well managed.
Pros
Benefits and great work environment
Cons
Unstable work place after it was bought by Bob Brockman, they closed the Duluth, GA office.
Good starter job
Who's Calling Client Support (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 11, 2015
This company offers many opportunities to move up within the company. They prefer to hire within the company, again promoting the hire within. The management is okay, it just depends on the department that you are in.
Toxic work environment
Contract Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Company needs to evolve into the 21st century for its business culture. Poor management, high turnover and an archaic way of conducting business have prevented a prosperous and productive work environment.
Big brother
Software Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2016
Constant fear of drug tests. They will fire you if you smoke a cigarette or a cigar. Constant travel depending on the position, but most require 80% travel or more. Very conservative company. I liked the job but disliked the executive team and their antiquated ways of thinking.
Ready, set, going no where
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2016
Great starting company to get your foot in the door, but they do not pay anything close to market wages. The department is undergoing extreme micromanagement, and it has caused work to trickle down very slowly. Several days I am stuck with nothing to do.
My goal was to turn sales people into sales champions to help our customers properly achieve their desired business results.
AREA VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 27, 2015
All companies have their pros and cons. This was a good company and allowed me to earn a great career over many years. It was time for me to take my skills and experience on to a new challenge.
Great Place to Work!
Auditor - Shipping and Receiving Department (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 24, 2016
My experience at Reynolds and Reynolds was great.
I was surrounded by hard-working individuals, and a part of a real team. The company had fantastic benefits as well.
fun people to work with but management does not care about employees
customer service (Former Employee) –  ohioJuly 29, 2015
Expected to much out of employees for what being compensated and very little rewards for the effort put into the company. If you want to gain experience and then move on then it is a good start but not a career choice.
Pros
coworkers fun
Cons
management attitudes about employees

2.9