The Richdale Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to learn the ins and outs of the leasing industry.
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 18, 2015
Basic leasing duties such as prospecting, outreach, lease signing/renewals, clerical duties, and making sure the apartments were at their best. It was an enjoyable place to work!
You get what you deserve.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 25, 2015
You get what you deserve with this company, as it should be. People who complain about working for them usually have self-inflicted problems and aren't mature enough to deal with them. If you are a producer, then you will get recognition. If you are management material and you do what you are supposed to do, then you will most likely become a manager. If you simply don't have what it takes or you aren't the right fit for the company then you probably won't be around for very long. Crazy how that works. You create your own fate with Richdale, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pros
Co-workers, upper management, company-wide connectivity, innovative ways to make extra money.
Cons
Not a lot of empowerment, limitations put on managers.
Do not work here!
Lease Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 15, 2015
This company can seem promising at first but be weary.You may recieve one promotion but then will be stuck in that position with no room to move up in the company. You will see high turnover in every department. Very few have been there more than two years. You are overworked and expected to complete large amounts of work and they are tight on overtime offered. Management does not dicipline those who are terrible at their jobs. Your hard work and high quality work will not be appreciated. If you start to feel unhappy with your position with the company and look elsewhere they will fire you. When I was fired another coworker put in a two weeks notice, completed the two weeks and went elsewhere. Their employment offer at another company was contingent upon an employment verification. The Richdale Group refused to give an employment verification. The person nearly lost their job offer because of it but she had tax documentation and paystubs to overcome it.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!
Pros
Hour long lunch.
Cons
EVERYTHING
Learn Quick, get out ASAP!!!
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 15, 2014
Expectations are exceedingly high for a company with a reputation for low pay, long hours, and absolutely NO breaks. No cultivation of any sort of ethics, pride in your work, or rewards for a job well done. The upper management is just as soon to stab you in the back and walk over your body rather than take responsibility for mistakes. On-site management becomes the scape-goat for problems that the next level of management ignores. The product is sub-par at best- outdated, run down- and the resolution to any large scale maintenance issue seems to be "put a band-aid on it"--nothing ever gets fixed properly because Richdale won't spend money to have things done correctly. Property managers have no control over budget or capital expenditures and ideas are ignored, then regurgitated so that upper management can take credit. Residents have constant accounting issues--and since that department is in constant turn-over just like everything else--it can take months before things get resolved. Favoritism is rampant- and it's not unusual to have another manager show up and spy on you for the regional office, or even try and take over your position and authority. I wouldn't doubt that positive reviews are faked, because I can count on one hand the number of people who like working for this company- and they all earn a six figure salary.
Pros
a paycheck every two weeks
Cons
anything and everything, literally!!

Comment – February 5, 2015

We understand that the leasing associate position isn’t for everyone, and regret that you did not enjoy this experience. We consider your advice and thank you for the time you put into our firm.

worst place i ever lived..they lie about everything
LEASING/ASNT MGR (Former Employee) –  HOUSTON TXTILL 2014May 31, 2014
lived there worked till could not stand the lies and way treated residents..STAY AWAY
Pros
stay away
Cons
they all lie treat residents awful
Stay away!!
** (Former Employee) –  NebraskaDecember 8, 2013
This is the worst company ever. I can't believe I stayed there for as long as I did. Always getting threatened to be fired for things that weren't my fault or things I couldn't fix. They are cheap as hell. I will say there are some (very little) good employees but the majority of them are rude and stuck up. Loved a lot of the residents but heard a lot of bad stories and watched a lot of people move because the way they treat people. Don't work for them.
Pros
most residents
Cons
everything!!
Stuck in 1980
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 20, 2013
This is a family owned buisness. All paperwork is done by hand. Not one thing is done electronically. Manager embezzle money. If you come from a leasing backround not the job for you.
Fun work environment, cool coworkers, nice management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Richdale. My motivation, determination, and extra skills were taken into consideration more than my lack of experience and that was a pleasant change of pace. Everyone is very friendly and knows how to help or who can help and if someone is sick or needs to be off work, there is never a problem with taking the time they need.
Pros
decent pay, great co-workers, fun contests
Cons
short breaks, communication issues
Do not work for this company
Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Eldridge and Briar ForestMay 23, 2013
I was a resident at one of their apartments 5 months before I started working for them. Two days before my 90 day probation period ended they decided to let me go because they didn't want to give me a discount on my apartment or pay for medical insurance. I was forced to move out of my apartment and was only given a week to do so! The managers act like they are your friend but turn around and back stab.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no lunch break, treated like dirt, over worked and under paid
Love it!
Leasing (Current Employee) –  HoustonJuly 16, 2012
I've really enjoyed my time at Richdale. I was recruited to work here by a friend of mine and am so glad I made the switch. Before, I was working 'retail' hours and the company was really large so I never really interacted with anyone except for my team. At Richdale, it's exciting that I can not only meet the owner, but get to know him and be part of a team that is small enough to feel like a family but large enough to know that I have some room to grow. I love the properties and am glad to work in a high-energy and exciting environment.
Pros
the rental discount, meeting new people, and the property itself
Cons
don't love working weekends but atleast we get off early
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2012
After the first day on the job, I knew I was going to hate it, but I stuck with it because I needed the money. When I interviewed for the job, the regional manager made it sound amazing and that morale around the community was top-notch. I was told that with my experience, I would make it to management within 3 months. Not only did I not make it anywhere towards management in the 6 months I worked there, I was treated like a teenager. I showed up to work early every single day, opened the office, gate, etc., made sure everything was done that needed to get done, because my property manager NEVER showed up on time. When I compained to upper management about it, I was told to take it up with the manager.

Scheduling was a joke. It was hard to try to get days off and no one ever wanted to help you out. They had 'incentives' for us to try to upsell prospects and current residents, but the incentive was never worth it. You would get scheduled for night marketing without a heads up and were expected to be there.

There were tons of maintenance issues at my property that were a nightmare to get taken care of because we didn't have the staff or appropriate resources. Management would make promises to residents and not follow through, then would avoid any kind of confrontation and leave that to the leasing agents to take care of.

I was told we get a "paid" lunch hour (isn't that great?!). That meant you worked 9 hours a day, and if you were lucky (and brought your lunch or talked someone into getting you something), you might be able eat a couple of bites, if it didn't get busy.

Richdale
  more... doesn't seem to care much about their employees. They expect you to give 100% when you aren't given the tools needed in order to do your job.

It's an experience I will take with me, but I would not recommend working for this company unless you are desperate.
Pros
making friends with coworkers
Cons
underpaid, overworked, treated unfairly, no benefits
Avoid Richdale
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 29, 2012
Upon hiring they will make promise after promise after promise of where they see you in 6 months and how they want to utilize you. What they fail to tell you is that they make the same promises to everyone else they hire. They work everyone into the ground until they quit. Pay you next to nothing. Their incentive for living on property is only $100 off market for both leasing agents and property managers.

Leasing agents have it good...no minimum lease requirements, can show up late, take zero responsibility for things, take days off, and get paid on average $3 less an hour then property managers. On the other hand, property managers must take the fall for everything, which is acceptable if they were given the tools to do their jobs correctly. Richdale is all about micromanaging their employees along with not empowering them to use their own best judgement.

Richdale, specifically the regional and owner, do not realize the talent they have working on the front line. They are all great people who could take the company far if only they trusted them. This will never happen so long they keep up their need to have all their employees in a constant state of fearing for their jobs.
Pros
great relationships with other managers and staff
Cons
low pay, low job security, low moral company wide

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Richdale Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4