The Right Step Employee Reviews

Declining ethical standards soured a wonderful experience
Recovery Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXSeptember 21, 2016
It has become very Corporate.
From Supervisors on up, it's become confusing.
Big problem: Upholding Policy.
I.E. Clinical staff ignoring Client Rules to "individualize treatment" = Undermining the Nursing and RA Corps.
Pros
You'll be busy, and if you have Integrity, clients and coworkers will validate you.
Cons
Adherence to written policy, including that which is mandated by State Licencing and Oversight departments is Crumbling.
Former employee
Recovery Advocate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Very negative and shady place to work. I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy. There are lots of moving parts with no information given. And The Right Step is not the best place to have job security.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Just about everything else
Good Staff members bad management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 22, 2016
The people that work and i mean actually work day in and day out are really good people to work with, but in all honesty management in the Euless location has no clue on how to get the ship sailing in the right direction most of them are puppets told what to do from corporate. Everyone their is over work and with no time off due to always under staff no matter what excuse management gives you.Besides management the rest of the staff are there for the patients and help each other out wherever it may be needed.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management, salaries, trust
Present employee
Recovery Ad (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
I have been there for approaching three years. The company pay is not he greatest. No shift deferential. No holiday pay. As of now the company has been doing major lay offs and are shifting the work to the already overworked employees. Currently understaffed and underpaid. Not a good time to get with the company being that raises are on freeze.
Pros
Set schedules and PTO availability.
Cons
Company seems to be going down hill. Seems like they are preparing to close down.
Little to no support for work/ life balance
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 26, 2015
The Clinical team is overworked and under respected and under paid at the Euless location. Management seems too concerned with advancing their own careers to support the team. No transparency from management and staff is left guessing how to accomplish 60 hours of work in a 40 hour week. Little to no organization of departments working together and often feels that departments are working against each other. No PRN staff to help during buy times or when a staff member is out. Management listens to issues but does nothing to relieve the problems. Appears to be more about the bottom line than the client health.
Pros
The passion of the clinical team and lower level staff.
Cons
No support. No follow through with issues. No transparency.
good
Toddler Room Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 30, 2015
I liked working here because the environment was good and the co workers got along. We were all willing to help each other out.
A positive environment work place.
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2015
A very rewarding place to work. I enjoy helping others.
A friendly positive environment that brings encouragement to others. A change of pace from other jobs I had in the past. Very casual and low stress environment.
standards
PROGRAM COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
Company is overall a good company to work for, however they have flaws in compensation as well as degree'd employees in wrong positions and un-degree'd employee's in supervisory positions.
Pros
people are great
Cons
recognition of employee's is not there
Wonderful place
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.May 4, 2012
A typical day was filled with a varity of fires to put out. I learned how to follow the rules of all our agreements. I sometimes learned from misakes I made and management graciously walked me through. I enjoyed everything about this company. I would love to work for them again
Pros
good advancement
Cons
not enough businesses like them

Want to know more about The Right Step?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Right Step. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7