THE RITTENHOUSE HOTEL Employee Reviews

Company is set to grow
Night Manager/ Audit (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2017
Challenging property to work in with an always changing dynamic. Pleased to work with management who offers advice and encouragement. Will recommend HERSHA in the future
Family Oriented
ROOM SERVICE SERVER & COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2017
The Rittenhouse culture is very diverse and unique. As a team, everyone is committed to providing personalized luxury services. Management is flexible and compassionate, The Rittenhouse family is also accepting and encouraging.
Pros
free lunch and wifi
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to visit
Assistant Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2017
This is a very nice place to work a 5 stars hotel and number 10 in the country , great work environment also a nice to meet very influential guests . The owners are very hands on with the operations .
no room for growth if your a minority
bellman (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2017
worked here for years and never was considered for advancement. pay was low on top of that the dismal work culture is fear based. constantly looking over your shoulder because one wrong move could cost your job. not inspiring as this management can make it clearer how much the staff does not matter when it comes to decision making
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor pay
Assistant Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for this organization , when I accepted this offer I was planning to relocate near the property however, it's too expensive and my commute is extremely long .
Good if you need under the table pay.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2015
This place pays under the table and under the minimum wage. No type of advancement except to move up to making sandwiches for just over minimum wage plus tips.
Pros
pays under the table.
Cons
pays under the table.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2015
I was a good place to work, they truly display team work, I loved the free lunches, but I disliked not having a break. My managers were really friendly and also all of my co workers as well.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Breaks
Challenging environment in challenging field; great life experience
Concierge/ Head Concierge (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2015
Having spent so much time working for this company, I can honestly say that I would not be the person I am today without the experience that I have received through my work at this property. I look forward to spending my days with my co-workers who over the years have become some of my greatest friends. The environment in which you work can be challenging in that you work to fulfill the expectations of clients who expect nothing but the best. You learn, through experience, how to fulfill those expectations.
Pros
Exciting, challenging, life long friends.
Luxury yet very high stress
conference Services Manager (Former Employee) –  CateringJuly 23, 2015
Management doesn't work well together and the energy passes down trough team. Hard work is notice very little compared to the extreme amount of focus and attention brought to the bumps along the way.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, 8 items of clothing can be dry cleaned free each week
Cons
stress and always questioning yourself
High Level Demand and Payoff
Conference Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2015
I truly feel a sense of achievement like none other when my clients give praise to my extreme attention to EVERY detail of the meeting or event.
beautiful hotel with an amazing staff
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2012
Never a dull day - a great job for a person who loves make people happy and strives for excellence every day
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Cons
you can't make everyone happy all the time
Luxury Boutique Hotel
Sales Accomplishments (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2012
Please see resume
Beautiful Boutique Hotel located in Rittenhouse Square. All employees are empowered to make decisions. Customer Service is first and foremost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE RITTENHOUSE HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.

THE RITTENHOUSE HOTEL Reviews by Location