The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Excellent learning environment, excellent benefits
Culinary Supervisor, Garde Manger Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 26, 2017
A typical day could be anywhere from 100 miles per hour with a surprise at every turn, to an easy, 8-hour shift, or anything in between. I learned from some of the best chefs how to prepare and present food, and also how to lead and inspire a team. The culture at a Ritz Carlton resort is more laid back than at a city property, but it is still refined. Associates are held to high standards of conduct and appearance without being stuffy or rehearsed. The hardest part of the job is to maintain composure under heavy levels of stress, always remembering to treat fellow employees with the respect they deserve. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning to be the best that I am, whether I'm preparing a meal, or providing an example to my team, or supporting the leadership in my department.
Benefits
Cons
Little down time
Top notch management company with a strong belief in workplace culture and employee empowerment.
Food & beverage supervisor at Orlando Grande Lakes (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2017
I started at the Ritz-Carlton as a server, and was promoted within a month to bartender, then supervisor within 6 months. They are organized, friendly, and truly care about the needs of their employees. I left after 9 years due to an upcoming move, and remember my time there fondly.
Pros
Great benefits, discounted meals & hotel stays.
Cons
Very demanding work at times.
productive and extremely a fantastic place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  montego bay jamaicaDecember 10, 2016
this hotel helped me to enhance my skill and also to work efficiently to the best of my ability.
my co workers and management are fun and respectful; people that I get along well with.
to me, there isn't a hard part in doing my job at the Ritz Carlton hotel. it is quite simple and fun seeing that I always assist some very amazing customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care benefits
I worked in Room Service delivering meals to our guests.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
We would set our tables and trays to be ready for the meals. We made sure the orders were correct before being delivered to the rooms.
I learned to offer the best customer service. To work in a very fast and stressful environment and be professional.
The management team were outstanding, very professional and very helpful.
Our co-workers were always ready to assist and very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was to face an angry guest when the items delivered were not what they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet famost movie stars, professional sports heroes and rock stars.
Pros
It was a great place to work with good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times and unstable income
Supportive environment with flexible schedule
Banquet Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I have very much enjoyed my 5+ years of working in the Banquet department as a bartender, server and trainer. The workplace culture is supportive and we all work together to provide the finest service in the industry.
Pros
Wages and travel benefits
High flexibility in terms of where and when you work but also highly micromanaged
Valet (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 1, 2017
High flexibility regarding where and when you work but also highly micromanaged. Management thinks that it's productive to be micromanaging. Depending on position worked, you can have high compensation.
Very Professional respectful work eviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIFebruary 27, 2017
I love working for the Ritz Carlton St.Thomas, I get to meet new people on a daily basis, very respectful workplace, the benefits is amazing, great retirement plan, they even wash and dry clean your uniform on a daily basis. Great Place to work.
Pros
complimentary lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Company
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Can't say enough this company taught be so much and I use my skills learned there at every job I had since. Be prepared to work long hard hours and holidays.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement
Cons
Quality of life
Very Productive and Great Place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GADecember 7, 2016
Typical day at work is very simple, easy, and outgoing. I love my job and my fellow coworkers. Management here are wonderful, and they work around your work schedule. Working at the Ritz Carlton offer great benefits and also an overall great company to be apart of.
Great place to work!
Guest Relations/Residential Concierge (Current Employee) –  50 Central Park SouthDecember 10, 2016
The is a lot of support, and there is opportunity for growth especially now that Marriott and Starwood are combined. The upper management I feel is very supportive.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
my department can use more employees, a bit understaffed
Professionalism
Buffet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2017
The benefits are excellent.
Most managers are professionals.
There is good communication between employees and managers.
If you have problems the company gives you support.
In conclusion they give you a good professional and human treatment.
Opportunity to learn and grow
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Key BiscayneJanuary 28, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton offers the necessary education to learn, grow, and to succeed in your position. Professional work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Must be available to work on Holidays and weekends.
Overall great place to work
AM SERVER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2017
Great life balance
Great culture for the employees
Nice benefits including use of hotels and pay
It can be a little cultish but everyone gets into their jobs.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
too much "office politics"
Employees are treated as Guests.
Housekeeper-Laundry Attendant-Office Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Isla Verde, PRJanuary 17, 2017
Excellent place to work, employees are treated as guest by management. Good salary, compensation and benefits. Beautiful place.
Pros
all
Cons
nothing
Wonderful company to work for.
Club Concierge (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2017
Great company to work for. So many opportunities to grow within the company. Amazing and caring leaders and amazing coworkers. Company offers great benefits.
Good Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2016
Good benefits, good culture, good management. Great care for guests and employees. Lot of training to exceed guests expectations.
Great Industry !
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Best company to work when it comes to the Hotel Industry ! Great benefits many opportunities to grow travel ALL around the globe, also great learning experience.
fast paced, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMarch 9, 2017
benefits of room rate discounts were the best part of the job. pay was not worth what i had to deal with as front desk agent on a day to day. I did not see much room for growth.
Great
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Great Human resources very caring
looks after its people
developing plans great caring for employees building strong team good salary great packages
Pros
salary package food
Cons
hard to get in
Excellent
Membership Executive (Former Employee) –  MauiOctober 27, 2016
Great company with a high pedigree of competency and customer service. Advancement is a high priority from within. Excellent benefits and great culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5