The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

great
Aesthetician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 26, 2016
The best place to work... we feel like we matter.
Great pay
Great benefits.
Great hours.
Great Insurance.
Great vacation.
Pros
great
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZApril 23, 2016
The Ritz makes a big deal out of themselves when you get hired, and you actually think that it might be a good place to work, until you start. I will say that their full time benefits are good, but they are expensive. Other than that, this place leaves a lot to be desired, and I'm being kind. I worked in the lobby bar and it was ridiculous-no busser or food runner and the smallest kitchen, all in the busiest outlet in the hotel- really nice planning... It shows how concerned the Ritz is about their people- not at all. They try to hire younger, good looking people mostly, but the ability of these types is usually sub par, which wouldn't have been so bad if you got to keep the tips you earned, but they pool the tips to reward the least productive, at the expense of the harder workers. Very clicky there between employees also, I saw everything from employees 'sleeping' with their coworkers and even guests while on the clock, to people drinking on the job, to captains leaving their assigned outlets to do similar deeds. Upper Management is not ethical there, as they engaged in the same behavior. (In 2015 their Core manager and it's Sommelier were canned for making Core's extensive wine catalog their own personal after-work watering hole. This would have been bad enough, but the Ritz upper management actually tried to save their manager and pin all the blame on the Sommelier, and it almost worked except for the vigilance of the security personnel.) Overall the Ritz Dove Mountain is a bad place to work, with unethical management who could care less about you. The only positive is  more... the benefits, but these exist only because the Ritz is owned by Marriott, one of the biggest hotel chains in the world which owns 14 other hotel brands as well.  less
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Unethical management and culture
Great Company Name
Bell/Recreation (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 22, 2016
Although the company has a great name, be prepared to sacrifice your personal time and schedule at the whim of junior management.
Pros
Great Name
Cons
Scheduling
Great Culture and good benefits
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 21, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton has a strong culture and great benefits. Also, it provides a great life balance with flexible schedules.
l would tell my friends to book a night at the hotel
Housekeeping/Turn Down Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
l cleaned rooms and replaced toiletries help the guests see if the guest needs anything wild there stay at our hotel and to make there night go smooth.
No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is a horrible place to work. The amount of work you have to put in does not reflect your pay. The management in every department, all the way up to the General Manager is horrible. If you have any family or have a family that you want to see, don't waste your time on this establishment because they will have you work ridiculous hours. Always a high turnover rate because of how poorly the establishment is ran.
Pros
Free lunch, not always edible but free
Cons
Work/life balance, incompetent management, high turnover + understaffed= ridiculous work load
Productive and fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Avon, COApril 8, 2016
Working there was very useful to improve myself, it lets me to practice my English, to learn more about how to treat the customers everyday, and the most important, this company gived to me the empower to do anything that was necessary to make the custom feel happy.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts, free shuttle
fun place great people
Banquet Cook 3 /Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2016
great place to learn, good management team very diverse. lots of culture. everyone works well together great teamwork
Director of Banquets
Director of Banquets (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FloridaApril 1, 2016
Banquets Operations and Food and Beverage Leader, focus on great service results, learn a great management structure.... very passionate about my job
conflict in workplace
day audit (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIMarch 26, 2016
The company has good ambition for both employee and guest but when it comes to employee forgetting the motto for the company and owning to their advantage it really disappointing to work
in that environment when u know that company is good.
Pros
very prestige workplace
Cons
management discriminate
Working with and meeting new people.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 25, 2016
Each day I would check in with the office staff as I was handed my daily manifest A brief meeting would take place between the facility supervisor and myself, as we discussed the days schedule.
I would assist the hotel guests as they needed transportation to and from the hotel and other locations in Naples.
I learned time and again to show each guest as well as every co-worker respect and gratitude.
All of the hotel staff and management have always been dedicated to their duties and responsibilities. Their professionalism has and always will be of five star service.
Pros
Working with and meeting people.
Cons
No regrets
Well recommended it
Pantry /club lounge Chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33139March 24, 2016
over all a good experience . started out at 13.00 phr , within a year time I was at 15.99/ I gained to respect of other chefs and cooks . there are areas to grow and achieve goals. but unfortunately the location was to far for me and parking was hard to pay at times..
but its an adventure that I will not forget .. I learned a lot and gained confidence
Pros
parking was terribale
Cons
got to work with diiferrent cooks of different background
Productive and sustainable
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of answering phones calls, assisting customers, and making sure I help them to the best of my ability. I learned that you will interact with different people, attitudes, and languages but do your job and remain humble. What I learned from Management was you have to lead by example. Our managers were nice but required you to be punctual and diligent about your job. Co- Workers were awesome, they taught me a lot about life; being that I had just graduated high school. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use their software.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No free lunch
Company dedicated to providing world class service
Lobby Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 17, 2016
A leader in the industry for providing world class service to guest. The most enjoyable part of the job was being empowered to do anything imaginable for the guest. Company is full of talented employees who truly care for guest and each other.
Pros
Employee selection process and quality of product
Great work environment
Director of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix had a great work environment and management style. By applying the principles, trust, honesty, respect, integrity, and commitment. They cultivated an atmosphere where all team members participated in the work that affects them. It was a sad day for me on July 24, 2015 with the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix had to close their doors, the owners of the hotel, re-flagged the property as a Camby hotel managed by destination hotels and resorts.
Pros
Weekly leadership meetings to share ideas and to help focus on customer service and reaching goals
Cons
Property had defects Leaky roof- low water pressure
Great company who truly cares about its employees and customers
Senior Assistant Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2016
They are the definition of luxury! From the way they treat their guests to the way they treat their employees! It is a fun work environment and always surrounded by good people!
great place to make money
Nail Tech (Former Employee) –  chicago ilMarch 1, 2016
Management was average. Spa well organized, made very good money while there. Got to meet many famous people.
Spa director was only around when there was a problem.
Pros
money
Cons
management changed place and eliminated all nail services
Overall an awesome company to work for!
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day to work at the Ritz Carlton was awesome! I learned to except responsibility and I learned what it means to work in that type of environment. The co-workers was really nice and helpful. The hardest part was the heavy lifting but the co-workers were really helpful and mindful of that. The best part of the job was I was able to move around to the different parts of the kitchen and I got to help the other chefs and servers.
Pros
Free lunch and the benefits was awesome
Cons
The work schedule was always changing
Productive and High Energy
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at the Ritz Carlton would be an exhausting but rewarding one. We strive (each and every one of us) to be the best people with the most legendary and memorable customer service available.
productive work place
Banquet Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 26, 2016
My experience at the ritz carlton was excellent the 5 firt years I'm very dissatisfy how the take for granted they're employee when they want to return to the company after they where loyal for 17 yearsthat makes me think that you are just a one more employee for them
Pros
team work
Cons
managment

4.5