The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Excellent learning environment, excellent benefits
Culinary Supervisor, Garde Manger Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 26, 2017
A typical day could be anywhere from 100 miles per hour with a surprise at every turn, to an easy, 8-hour shift, or anything in between. I learned from some of the best chefs how to prepare and present food, and also how to lead and inspire a team. The culture at a Ritz Carlton resort is more laid back than at a city property, but it is still refined. Associates are held to high standards of conduct and appearance without being stuffy or rehearsed. The hardest part of the job is to maintain composure under heavy levels of stress, always remembering to treat fellow employees with the respect they deserve. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning to be the best that I am, whether I'm preparing a meal, or providing an example to my team, or supporting the leadership in my department.
Benefits
Cons
Little down time
Credit Manager
Commercial Finance and Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Hosuton, TXMarch 22, 2017
Manage the Accounts Receivable portfolio of approximately $10,000.00. Manage the entire Accounts Receivable process from granting credit, invoicing. and collections.
ritz
Pastry Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 21, 2017
This place was amazing, I worked at the Naples one in Florida, my first real job as a pastry cook. I met so many wonderful different people and everyone was so helpful. I definitely learned so much for what came next.
Pros
awesome people
Cons
i dont have one
it was OK
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  oimahaMarch 16, 2017
management is slow to respond to concerns, it was overall a ok place to work, the call center was not as inline with the company valus as the other properties
great
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2017
great place , great environment , great colleagues, perfect place to embark in any career new or just growing . amazing location and resort atmosphere.
great job
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FLMarch 16, 2017
Great Place to work. I have worked for several companies in the industry and this one has been the best. At the end of the day it is a business and no matter how much they want to be an advocate for employees they will make changes for the good of the bottom line vs. whats best for the employee. Just like any other business
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FL 33154March 15, 2017
Very long hours and very demanding. I worked at the restaurant in the Bal Harbour Ritz. they changed companies many time and is no longer directly managed by the Ritz. Supervisors did not care about employees working 15 + hour shifts ON HOLIDAYS. Like Christmas I went in at 6am and didn't leave until after 9pm---there is no reason ANYONE should have to work those hours on a holiday
Top notch management company with a strong belief in workplace culture and employee empowerment.
Food & beverage supervisor at Orlando Grande Lakes (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2017
I started at the Ritz-Carlton as a server, and was promoted within a month to bartender, then supervisor within 6 months. They are organized, friendly, and truly care about the needs of their employees. I left after 9 years due to an upcoming move, and remember my time there fondly.
Pros
Great benefits, discounted meals & hotel stays.
Cons
Very demanding work at times.
Good people
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2017
It can be a very good place to grow if you are set on making Hospitality a career if not trying to navigate where you as an individual can grow will take some time
Professionalism
Buffet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2017
The benefits are excellent.
Most managers are professionals.
There is good communication between employees and managers.
If you have problems the company gives you support.
In conclusion they give you a good professional and human treatment.
fast paced, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMarch 9, 2017
benefits of room rate discounts were the best part of the job. pay was not worth what i had to deal with as front desk agent on a day to day. I did not see much room for growth.
Overall great place to work
AM SERVER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2017
Great life balance
Great culture for the employees
Nice benefits including use of hotels and pay
It can be a little cultish but everyone gets into their jobs.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
too much "office politics"
Great place to work awesome coworkers
Carpentry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 7, 2017
Good people work at great place to work awesome some days when I was there. Managers also a professional I had to go back I would.I perform carpentry sheetrock hanging tape float and finishing ceramic tile vinyl tile drop ceilings Electrical Plumbing and HVAC 40 years experience
Professional atmosphere
Banquet Server/Fine Dinning Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2017
Working here has given me the benefit to learn and grow in different departments. Opportunities here are endless. Definitely a place to be professional.
Pros
Free lunch
Wonderful company to work for.
Club Concierge (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2017
Great company to work for. So many opportunities to grow within the company. Amazing and caring leaders and amazing coworkers. Company offers great benefits.
Very Professional respectful work eviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIFebruary 27, 2017
I love working for the Ritz Carlton St.Thomas, I get to meet new people on a daily basis, very respectful workplace, the benefits is amazing, great retirement plan, they even wash and dry clean your uniform on a daily basis. Great Place to work.
Pros
complimentary lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place to work for
Baker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2017
Love it, very diverse management is awesome and pleasant. room for advancement and quality control is awesome. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Poor Managment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 21, 2017
No quiet location to take a lunch break, poor moral, little to no positive reinforcement, bad employee parking arrangement, terrible uniforms, and poor management.
Very upbeat fun working enviroment
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZFebruary 21, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton is a very fun place to work. Lots of friendly employees. The Management and Business level of the hotel is not the best rating but it fluctuates. I learned a lot about the hotel industry and how it all works and keeps going. The Hardest part of my job was getting around the hotel and learning where everything is. It is a very wide spread property with lots of different areas. It can be a maze but you get to know it after awhile. The Best part of my job was the people. You meet all different types of people from all different states and countries. It was a great place to work but the hours aren't the best
Pros
Discounts on other hotels and at the property
Cons
No free Lunches, No Paid Breaks, Horrible Hours
Beautiful place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kapalua, HIFebruary 20, 2017
Proud to work with excellent service professionals each day. "Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen".
Breath-taking views and stunning property!
Pros
Free lunch at work. Good Health Care!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5