The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

Five Star Hotel, with a 100 years of history
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Served as manager on duty overseeing all aspects of Guest Services ensuring that the highest level of hospitality and service was provided. Represented property management in resolving any guest related situations, managed the flow of questions, tracked direct guest services within the hotel. Supported H.R. in recruitment efforts.
very nice place to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is a company where they encourage their employees to learn and grow. There is team work and excellent communication. A typical day at work from the moment you clock in, we provide exceptional service. they call us service professionals. From working there more then 5 years The Ritz Carlton has changed my life because not only I provide good service but also I expect good service wherever I go. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from all over the world and making then repeat guest. The Ritz Carlton is a very nice place to work and I would still work there if it wasn't for me following my career.
World-class ski resort hotel situated on Beaver Creek Mountain in the Vail Valley
Director of Finance & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJuly 14, 2016
Outstanding luxury property in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Exceptional leadership and world class guest service, coupled with an amazing employee culture!
No team spirit
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Employees are difficult and are all ghetto
The work areas are not up to par they don't have enough equipment and they are lacking real management
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
VERY GOOD customer service
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Kualalumpur,MalaysiaJuly 5, 2016
When ever the people come to booking the room very good cleaning
All the customer get enjoying all the time.People also comment on the face book and any where this hotel is a nice hotel
Pros
free breakefast
Cons
free luch at friday Sunday
Genuine Care & Comfort of Employees is the Highest Mission
Event Coordinator/Wedding Consultant (Current Employee) –  The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia IslandJune 30, 2016
Continuous opportunity to learn and grow. Customer service oriented company, Upper management receptive to employees suggestions and ideas. Lateral opportunities to assist other departments available.
Tedious
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 26, 2016
My experience at The Ritz-Carlton was less than enjoyable. The management was very disorganized and I was the only employee working as a spa concierge everyday. I applied as a part-time employee but was forced to work full-time with no benefits because I was registered as a "temporary" employee by HR. Every department director was careless and disorganized which is why I left the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disorganization, short staff and no hurry to hire, carelessness from supervisors and managers
Ritz Carlton is a place to be
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2016
I love to work every day of the week
I learned to be hard working
The management is nice
My co workers are adorable
When i control or teach the new employee
Welcoming customers
Pros
Free lunch will be served
Cons
You can have break at you weak time
Excellent Company
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2016
Absolutely loved working with the Ritz Carlton, I would still be with them had I not needed to be closer to family!
Professional, attention to detail
Senior Sales Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 8, 2016
Inventory control, document production and stellar customer service. High end time share sales office in a tropical destination.
A great learning experience
Front Desk / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Working at RCH will always be one of my greatest learning experiences. Just being able to make a guest/ person happy by simply exceeding their expectations and provide=ind 5 star service was great!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not the greatest scheduling system
fun place
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLJune 8, 2016
awesome place to work at must love helping people and must have strong customer service skills. must like face paced work and like to smile positive people around you all the time
Fun and Family
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I have learned many things from management and co-workers. Everyone was unique and we all treated each other with respect. Occasionally on the holidays, the manager would make something special for the employees. For example, i went to work on thanksgiving day and the staff had some turkey and food for us. It was important that we got along as family.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Shifts feels like all day
Incredibly hard working staff
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 31, 2016
Working together everyday to maintain a clean, safe, and luxurious experience for our guests. My management team was always looking out for their staff first which was so nice to see, and had never experienced this quality anywhere else.
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
Great experience
Externship as a Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2016
At Ritz Carlton I was an extern to complete my degree. I enjoyed the work as an assistance chef. Working with a chef was rewarding and a learning experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not full time job
Serving
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2016
I served in banquets and small parties. I served food and drinks to guests and customers. I work closely with co-workers.
Fantastic company
Food & Beverage Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLMay 14, 2016
The Ritz is a great place to work. If you have a knack for hospitality this is the company for you. It has an encouraging culture of excellence. I highly recommend it.
Extensive training
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Singer Island, FLMay 14, 2016
Will give during a personal interview. Toughest part of the job is the over extensive report processes that do not allow much time to meet owners, guests and my team. I've learned a whole new service culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

1. The Ritz-Carlton
2. In-N-Out Burger
3. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
4. The Walt Disney Company
5. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
View the list