The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

The Ritz-Carlton was a place were you can work hard and maintain a balance life style
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
I would recommend the Ritz-Carlton because they will assist you in advancing your career as well as showing you how to be a professional in luxury service
Pros
Free parking in the city and 100 dollars in gift certificate on monthly basis for lunch
Cons
At times very stressful with heavy workloads
Stressfull
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Maui County, HISeptember 21, 2017
Luck of communication between management & workers . Stressful, favoriticiamn . Not enough staffing .
Can't discuss any issues at the manager .
Manager always busy
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minutes
fun work place to work .
Bellman/Doorman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Very busy place to work and learn with different background and religion of guests you meet everyday at work witch is enjoyable part of my job .many opportunities to grow in the company .
Pros
the people you work with and the guest you meet daily .
Cons
managment
Best Hotel Company
Bartender/ Server (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 16, 2017
I was a server/bartender at the Ritz Carlton. My manager was very supportive and always expected excellence. He was a mentor to me. I have worked at many different areas of the hotel. I enjoyed my staff.
Working at The Ritz Carlton was a great experience
Concierge & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 16, 2017
The Ritz Carlton is top notch! It is ladies & gentlemen serving ladies & gentlemen.
We received training, seminars and our Managers were always there for support and assistance.
The culture is lived day in and day out.
I enjoyed creating WOW moments for all of our guests and visitors as well as creating unique and special amenities for all occasions.
Pros
lunch, parking tips, training, awards, support, cross training
Cons
no cons
Great place to work for.
Filosophy jewelry sales (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 14, 2017
If you love people and connections, The Ritz Carlton is the school of customer service. I spent four years learning and teaching. There is a lot of rooms to grow.
Lots of opportunity
Cook (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Extremely competitive environment. Really tough but young cooks learn so much if they are able to withstand the stress. Lots of opportunity for job advancement and great company to work for in terms of benefits.
Pros
More hours and plenty of work
Cons
Little room for a life outside of work
luxury
Utility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
this company give me the opportunity to discover a new world . the world of the rich. every day working there was an adventure. i met a lot of VIP and great people
Loved It!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton management made a point to listen with objectivity and used various forms of communication to ensure employees expected outcomes were understood
Training is the Best!
Club Concierge & Club Suite manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 7, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton takes the time to invest in continuous education for their employees and you get many opportunities to better yourself and your community. I really enjoyed that
Productive place
Guest Services Agent / Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2017
It will typically be busy in the office. Interaction with guests is the most important part of the job. You learn to pace yourself and prioritize your work.
Pros
access to cafeteria
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 6, 2017
Working there showed me the responsibilities of managing my own money because the pay was very good plus you would get tips as well and it wasn't taken out your check. The job was easy and overall one of the best jobs I had.
Great work place
Recreation Coordinator/ Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Very professional and nice working environment. Management team is very accommodating. Workplace culture is relaxing and easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting smiles on the guests faces.
Internship program
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
I worked as an intern at the Ritz-Carlton Central Park.

The best part of my job was the friends I made through the internship program. We all became very close.

The internship definitely lacked any structure or direction. We were promised experiences in all departments but were mainly held in one and were given limited opportunity to branch out, even when we spoke out about it.

There was never clear direction given to any of the interns and was kind of a mess... I'm not really sure how they kept track of us.
Pros
Free lunches in cafeteria
Cons
No structure to internship program
Fantastic work environment
Banquet Captain / Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL Beach ResortSeptember 5, 2017
I really enjoyed my 12 years of service with the Ritz. I made life long friends and learned so much about the hotel industry. The benefits were also a very important aspect of the job. Plus the location of my property was amazing.
Pros
Benefits, uniform department, free cafeteria, beach resort
excellent working conditions with tremendously motivational management and wide range of re recreational activities
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 3, 2017
the best place to work at
well structured management
very well organised
and cheerful working environment
excellent meals provided
motivational managment
Great Facility
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2017
Fun place to work if you have the right attitude. You ned to come to work ready to work, if you do you will succeed. Only problem is they will under pay you and you will be overworked for that pay unless you are working a banquet captain shift. Then your boss is a joke and you milk the clock all day long.
Great place to work.
Senior Manager Meetings & Special Events (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 1, 2017
Co-workers are very nice, respectful of each other. Career advancement opportunities available if you want them. Great benefits. Great company to work for.
Lovely hotel but aging and high turnover
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
It is a lovely hotel run by professionals but the line employees are constantly changing and the hotel product is somewhat dated and worn. The guests are more business/conference guests and wedding business rather than the luxury recreational traveler of the baby-boomer centric past. The opportunity to make gratuities as a concierge here are greatly diminished with opentable.com and uber/lyft. In a year, I tracked every bit of cash compensation from gratuities and vendor kickbacks and the total was a hair over $12,000 for the year. The golden days of the concierge desk are gone. In fact, since February, we don't have a desk but a rather pathetic podium exactly like the bellstand.
Good work
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 30, 2017
Its was a ok job environment but the peole put a knife in the drain pointed up and I cut myself and there waas plenty of racism at this place but it gave me plenty hours of work.
Pros
Plenty work
Cons
People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5