The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

most enjoyable
Overnight Doorman / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, FLApril 28, 2017
Greeted all guests in the lobby in a warm and professional manner, make them feel welcome.
Escorting all guests checking in to their accommodations following hotel procedure.
Informed the guest about the hotel and room features as well as emergency procedures.
Overall good
Rooms Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. Compensation is great, benefits are great, lots of advancement available if work ethic is strong. Management can be on/off depending on the location.
Pros
benefits, pay, job culture
Cons
job work/life balance
Ritz Carlton
Attendant to the Recreation Department (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 25, 2017
The things gained from working at the Ritz Carlton have carried on to other facets of my life. A hard-working, yet relaxed environment in which employees attain the finest training and preparation the hospitality industry has to offer. Communication skills greatly improved simply by continuously interacting with the guests, and constant work across the property (but not stressful) made it an extraordinary working experience.
Great Place to Work
Receptionist / Manager of Tennis Dept (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 23, 2017
I loved working at The Ritz-Carlton. I was treated very well by management and other co-workers. There was always extra time offered to me to work. It was like my own family.
Cons
Days range from ordinary to unnecessarily Chaotic
Room Controller (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIApril 22, 2017
The failing of this company will be the management you encounter. There is a high turnover rate of managers coming and going from other properties and with each comes a new set of policies and procedures. Some are qualified and look out for their employees, while others do not know the work and are simply trying to find the next step up while tossing their line employees under the bus. The right manager plays a large part in how the day will go.
Pros
great insurance, competitive pay
Cons
unhelpful management
Concierge for residences of the Ritz Carlton (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 21, 2017
Working at the Ritz Carlton as a concierge is the ultimate experience of customer service. It is a fabulous experience to exceed the customers wishes and expectations!
Also, very enjoyable developing rapport with the residents, guests, etc.
Pros
Free meals that were exceptional due to being prepared by hotel chef.
Cons
Pay was not quite adequate for performance.
Amazing experience
Senior Call Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2017
Having to have Majay customers depend on you opinion is an eye opening experience. Multi-tasking and handling high call volumes, has prepared me to handle anything that comes my way
Bad place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PRApril 18, 2017
0 words horrible experience
Management does not care you
Treated badly with no respect
Worst experience I've ever had working I do not recommend it
Amazing Company
Front of the House Manager (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 18, 2017
This is, hands down, the best company to work for. I am proud to be Ritz-Carlton! The Employee Promise truly sets it aside and above all other hospitality companies.
My professional experience with the Ritz Calton Hotel
Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2017
An excellent place to work for, Prestigious, Professional, very well Organized, a place I would recommend any one to work for. My experience is well son
Structured work environment that teaches hospitality beyond expectations.
Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 12, 2017
I personally love the Ritz, it has taught me so much about genuine care and comfort and the importance of going beyond ones expectations to make memories, guests, and clients for life.
Productive and amazing beyond words can explain
PBX Operator/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2017
The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Resort is amazing to work for. We treat ladies & gentlemen like ladies & and gentlemen including all of the employees of the hotel. Through the call center we find out if the guests coming to our facility have wedding anniversaries, birthdays, engagements etc. by doing so we can arrange a special something in their rooms without them knowing. Each employee is empowered to fix any issues or concerns that a guest may have no management needed to approve. All employees are trained to perform their duties beyond the expectations of the guests needs and expectations. All departments work as a team to provide excellent service to our guests. We provide excellent service that will create memorable memories to our guest and make them come back again and again.
Pros
Exceptional hotel guest service beyond the expectataions and needs of guest at all times.
Cons
n/a
Pathetic
Assistant Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2017
A more incompetent group of management you will never fine in one location! If you enjoy being treated like a child, double standards, liars and hypocrisy, then this is your dream job!
Pros
Free fatty lunches
Cons
Working at the Ritz-Carlton for 17 yrs.
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
I consider myself very lucky to be part of the Ladies and Gentlemen family of the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel.
This company has been supporting my dreams become reality.

I love the brand, the company and the people I work with.

Best place to grow and thrive.
Fun place to be
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 9, 2017
Working at The Ritz Carlton was a pretty fun and interesting learning experience that i had endured at the time. pretty relaxed good vibe place to be.
Productive and fun work place in the city area
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2017
If you wanna make some money for talking and entertaining everyday guest this is the perfect work friendly job.Decent hourly pay but the everyday tips is what makes the job great.
great place to work but management isnt helpful to workers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 4, 2017
loved working at the Ritz but the managers were very unorganized and not helpful at all to their workers. had great benefits and amazing co-workers but the leadership was way off.
Hospitality
Business Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
This was a really good company to work for. I met a lot of very interesting people. I worked in the business office and therefore my schedule was a bit flexible - no working in the weekends as is usually required in this industry. Still my favorite hotel chain.
Dont do it
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  keybiscayneApril 4, 2017
Always get put down for mistakes. Management is poor. No holidays off. communication is non exsistant. you can give your life, and the minute youre not able to do a favor youre on the bad list. employees come and go from the department often. disrespectful managers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
It has changed from what I loved about it.
Director of Engineering and Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2017
The company used to be great and take care of its employees over and above. Marriott purchased a portion of the company and many policies and practices changed. My last hotel, my general manager could care less for his executive team and only concerned about his numbers. This was a big reason I left the company after almost 13 years.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits for medical, 401K
Cons
too many hours required for the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5