The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

Tedious
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 26, 2016
My experience at The Ritz-Carlton was less than enjoyable. The management was very disorganized and I was the only employee working as a spa concierge everyday. I applied as a part-time employee but was forced to work full-time with no benefits because I was registered as a "temporary" employee by HR. Every department director was careless and disorganized which is why I left the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disorganization, short staff and no hurry to hire, carelessness from supervisors and managers
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
lively place to work with the opportunity to meet new interesting people
Server Assistant/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMay 7, 2016
My review of my experience working at the Ritz Carlton is everyday is fast paced which I love. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and learn new things. The Ritz Carlton brand is also something good to have under your belt. The hardest part of the job for me was work ethic was not valued at the Ritz Carlton. More importantly it was all in who you knew not how hard of a worker you were. Also management was inconsistent with rules and regulations. The pay is decent so definitely something to look into if interested.
Pros
full benefits, free lunch, payed vacation, decent pay
Cons
management, very difficult to advance in company, inconsistent with disciplinary action
No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is a horrible place to work. The amount of work you have to put in does not reflect your pay. The management in every department, all the way up to the General Manager is horrible. If you have any family or have a family that you want to see, don't waste your time on this establishment because they will have you work ridiculous hours. Always a high turnover rate because of how poorly the establishment is ran.
Pros
Free lunch, not always edible but free
Cons
Work/life balance, incompetent management, high turnover + understaffed= ridiculous work load
Fun and Family
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I have learned many things from management and co-workers. Everyone was unique and we all treated each other with respect. Occasionally on the holidays, the manager would make something special for the employees. For example, i went to work on thanksgiving day and the staff had some turkey and food for us. It was important that we got along as family.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Shifts feels like all day
Working with and meeting new people.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 25, 2016
Each day I would check in with the office staff as I was handed my daily manifest A brief meeting would take place between the facility supervisor and myself, as we discussed the days schedule.
I would assist the hotel guests as they needed transportation to and from the hotel and other locations in Naples.
I learned time and again to show each guest as well as every co-worker respect and gratitude.
All of the hotel staff and management have always been dedicated to their duties and responsibilities. Their professionalism has and always will be of five star service.
Pros
Working with and meeting people.
Cons
No regrets
My review
Guest Relations Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
I love to work at the Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park Hotel. I have been here for 11+ years. I love it because of its philosophy and principles; because I serve people from all around the world and all walks of life; because I make good money; because the standards we set are followed by everyone; because we have the best guest service that I have ever seen anywhere.
Pros
Good income, great work conditions, great guests, great service, great company, great location.
Cons
I have been here too long.
Well recommended it
Pantry /club lounge Chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33139March 24, 2016
over all a good experience . started out at 13.00 phr , within a year time I was at 15.99/ I gained to respect of other chefs and cooks . there are areas to grow and achieve goals. but unfortunately the location was to far for me and parking was hard to pay at times..
but its an adventure that I will not forget .. I learned a lot and gained confidence
Pros
parking was terribale
Cons
got to work with diiferrent cooks of different background
Productive and sustainable
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of answering phones calls, assisting customers, and making sure I help them to the best of my ability. I learned that you will interact with different people, attitudes, and languages but do your job and remain humble. What I learned from Management was you have to lead by example. Our managers were nice but required you to be punctual and diligent about your job. Co- Workers were awesome, they taught me a lot about life; being that I had just graduated high school. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use their software.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No free lunch
Great work environment
Director of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix had a great work environment and management style. By applying the principles, trust, honesty, respect, integrity, and commitment. They cultivated an atmosphere where all team members participated in the work that affects them. It was a sad day for me on July 24, 2015 with the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix had to close their doors, the owners of the hotel, re-flagged the property as a Camby hotel managed by destination hotels and resorts.
Pros
Weekly leadership meetings to share ideas and to help focus on customer service and reaching goals
Cons
Property had defects Leaky roof- low water pressure
Overall an awesome company to work for!
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day to work at the Ritz Carlton was awesome! I learned to except responsibility and I learned what it means to work in that type of environment. The co-workers was really nice and helpful. The hardest part was the heavy lifting but the co-workers were really helpful and mindful of that. The best part of the job was I was able to move around to the different parts of the kitchen and I got to help the other chefs and servers.
Pros
Free lunch and the benefits was awesome
Cons
The work schedule was always changing
Company dedicated to providing world class service
Lobby Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 17, 2016
A leader in the industry for providing world class service to guest. The most enjoyable part of the job was being empowered to do anything imaginable for the guest. Company is full of talented employees who truly care for guest and each other.
Pros
Employee selection process and quality of product
Productive and fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Avon, COApril 8, 2016
Working there was very useful to improve myself, it lets me to practice my English, to learn more about how to treat the customers everyday, and the most important, this company gived to me the empower to do anything that was necessary to make the custom feel happy.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts, free shuttle
Excellent benefits, sub-par management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall, a great place to work especially for mid-career or college grad advancement. Most in housekeeping, stewarding, residences, and in-room dining stay for 10 + years. FOH operations cycle through employees every 1-3. Many stay for the experience and name to apply for better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Free employee dining, benefits, location
A great learning experience
Front Desk / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Working at RCH will always be one of my greatest learning experiences. Just being able to make a guest/ person happy by simply exceeding their expectations and provide=ind 5 star service was great!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not the greatest scheduling system
conflict in workplace
day audit (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIMarch 26, 2016
The company has good ambition for both employee and guest but when it comes to employee forgetting the motto for the company and owning to their advantage it really disappointing to work
in that environment when u know that company is good.
Pros
very prestige workplace
Cons
management discriminate
great culinary staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 5, 2016
Long work hours, not great pay, but the learning opportunities. Chefs are fabulous. great co-workers, everyone gets along great and works well together.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, decent benefits, great staff to work with
Cons
long long hours during peak season, off season scary. pay could be better
Young, fun and relaxing atmosphere to work
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I've had this job since I started college and it has been nothing but wonderful to me. Great, flexible hours during school year, while offering tons of hours during summer time. Atmosphere is relaxing and fun. Employees were all near the same age group and which made it easier to get through a long, hot summer day. Work was hard, but not unmanageable. Great college job.
Pros
Free lunch, great hotel benefits
Cons
long days, hot days, will tire you out
the beast Hotel
Food Runner///Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
THere is no place like THE RITZ Carlton
every one is like Family ,ITS very clean in the back of the house I come to work we all say good morning.!I wrk for Many hotels most of then you see dirt every were ther back of the houes is scary BUT not at THE RITZ, GUYS YOU ROCK! I work with a great managment team i wrk in serving the gust , as a server the hardest part of my job is there is no full time Jobs THe best part of my enjoyableof my job is when the gust gives me a great THank YOU! for aGreat time my co workers work hard , they to have everything Right. perfect, I have learn from managment its pays to wrk hard i learned from my co workers we will get more done as a team.
Pros
the H R the are the Best they will listen to you and fix your worrys
Cons
Healthcare the eployees lunch on saturdays
Ritz Carlton is a place to be
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2016
I love to work every day of the week
I learned to be hard working
The management is nice
My co workers are adorable
When i control or teach the new employee
Welcoming customers
Pros
Free lunch will be served
Cons
You can have break at you weak time

4.5