The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

I am very proud to worked for The Ritz-Carlton a place to which I owe so much for my learning and professional growth
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 8, 2014
Pros: they encompass the values and philosophy by with they operate, is an unique and valuable experience.
Cons: they always work to do it better and improve the quality of life of they employees
The Ritz-Carton motto, "We are ladies and gentlemen" exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all the staff members. As denoted in its credo , The Ritz- Carlton is a place where genuine and comfort of guest is its the highest mission. They employee are the most important resource in the service commitment to the guest.Diversity is valuable and – more... is an example of international and interracial employees.They treat each others with dignity and respect. The company instill well -being and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of guest. – less
Productive positive environment.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 4, 2014
Working for the Ritz-Carlton hotel is nice. The management treat you with respect and are very understanding. They want to see the employees succeed even if its in another company so they're always willing to teach and help you grow.
I have not worked at The Ritz-Carlton but would be proud to be a part of this organization
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 26, 2014
I have benefitted as a guest at "The Ritz"; I believe that my skills in the Senior Living Community are well matched to this fine establishment's mission. I can make a difference at the Ritz-Carlton.

I desire an opportunity to use my sophisticated customer service skills to continue to develop the fine brand in place at the Ritz-Carlton. I am skilled – more... at all office manager tasks but am as equally good with people. I have been successful at implementing activities that engage and educate in the Health Care Industry and as a volunteer while supporting an Executive Board in the Athletic Industry.

I have lived in the SF Bay Area since 1976 and want to continue to be a part of this dynamic region of the United States as a Service Provider. – less
Great place to learn hospitality and thrive in fast pace environment
Valet (Former Employee), Laguna NiguelNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, they take great care of employees
Cons: worked on all holidays
Each day was different from the last. By working in a 5 Diamond hospitality company I was able to learn how to thrive under pressure and keep every guest happy with my service. The hardest part of the job is when a guest comes out to valet and has a problem that occurred in a different part of the hotel and I would have to resolve it in a peaceful manner – more... and with the guest leaving our conversation happy. – less
line engineer with escalating responsibilities
Lead engineer (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CANovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Challenging and interesting. I started with smaller equipment and advanced to full charge of hotel heating and cooling, as well as maintenance and repair of kitchen equipment.
Wonderful and professional colleagues
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, professional employees who are held to the highest standards, and tasty lunches
Cons: entitled guests and somewhat difficult clientele
The Ritz-Carlton is like no other company. Their service is not only dedicated to the guests staying within the hotel, but the kind and genuine people you work with give you the same feeling only that of being at home with your family and friends would.
Great work environment with many different personalities coming together to create a successful hotel
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fellow employees were great to work with, free lunches, opportunities to meet new connections
Cons: management was disorganized
I thoroughly enjoyed working for The Ritz-Carlton hotel company. After majoring in Hospitality Management, this was the perfect place to start my career right after college.
excellent work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), atlanta gaOctober 27, 2014
I have been able to take advantage of several lateral service positions since working with the Ritz Carlton. I have gained experience in the call center and the banquet kitchens it has been a wonderful experience.
great on team work
cook line (Former Employee), Avon, COOctober 13, 2014
I love to be on the heavy duty.. work hard and have the greater service ..
Productivity
Specialty Sushi Chef (Former Employee), St. Thomas U.S. Virgin IslandsOctober 1, 2014
Pros: take breaks
Cons: leaving yor post unattened
Is when a guest asks for Brown Rice sushi and I couldn't performed that duty because the department doesn't have the Brown Rice.

I have learn how to roll Maki, Nirgir,and Futo Maki styles. Also develop speed at as faster paste.

Co-workers return with Great response from the guest Feedback about the sushi.

The hard part of the job is when every guest – more... comes in the restaurant at once. The food that you put out on the line in order gets mixed up by one server and picks up the wrong order that will interrupt your timeliness of service. You will have to stop what you are doing to redo the order.

The most enjoyable part is when the Guest is happy and the server did a great job. – less
lack of managment
Cook I (Former Employee), Coconut Grove, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: breaks with nice food
Cons: lack of mangment
The work ethic is fantastic the management not that good,
People friendly to a point.
assistant with guest services
Turndown Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: wow the guest with things like chocolate cover strawberries
Cons: take care of things that can cause damage to guest
assisted guest with needs such as water, food, change bed linen and handle complaints.
Great learning experience and opportunity
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great hours, friendly coworkers, good experience
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of checking in/out guests, assisting with guests needs, and helping out with guest billing folios. I learned a lot working in the hotel industry, including: the computer systems, interacting with guests at five diamond standards, answering phones, and maintaining time management. My managers and coworkers worked together – more... to perform beyond the standards expected by our guests. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system in the beginning of the job, but in the end the most enjoyable part was interacting with guests and making their stay better than they could've ever imagined. – less
Fun Place to work with meals included
Management Trainee - From (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: lower wage for non managment..
The best part at Ritz is working with great knowlegable proffessionals, in a beutifull property.
Amazing Work Culture
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, lots of nice co-workers and guests
Cons: short breaks, benefits after a year, seniority
I absolutely loved history of the Ritz-Carlton and work environment.
We had to smile to show warmth of the place and hospitality in general, however, I smiled naturally every day going to work.
productive
On call Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
going into work at 4 or 5 a.m. working breakfast and lunch then returning around 4or 5 in the p.m. to bartend a function. management was alright, my co workers became my family, and the best part was meeting all sorts of people with diverse back grounds whether they were CEO's or VIP's , celebrities or presidents. I learned no matter if some was a VIP – more... or not, everyone is treated the same. – less
No comment.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Great place to work. Nice people. Good benefits. Great place to work. Nice people. Lots of rules.
Productive and fast paced wonderful company to work for.
Server (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked on the beach
Cons: long days
Provided 5 star service to guests and fellow team mates. Wine classes, food classes and food shows. Extensive knowledge on sustainability with local foods and pairings.
Hard to get in easy to get let go
Cook 3 Garde Manger (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
While at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta it was always busy. While there you really don't have a life but it can be the most rewarding experience.
Enthusiastic goal driven enviorment
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: short breaks due to overwhelming calls at times.
Typical - As Manager on Duty I assist every department in making sure that they are not being bombarded with calls, incidents and deliveries. When they are I step in to help my teams as we are a small team on overnight and have to take responsibility of the entire hotel.

What I have learned - We are all needed to perform to our best ability. If one – more... department is now working up to par we as a hotel have to come together and find out what is wrong. One person or department can give the guests a wrong final impression on how the hotel is ran.

Management - Upper management seems to be strickly by the book no matter what the circumstances are. Sometimes by the book isn't best as decisions have to be made sometimes by one thinking about the senario that took place and how it started and ended.

Co-workers - Best part of the company. No matter what happens or what we go through there are no grudges held and we can be friends/associates once the issue has been taken care of. enjoy working together no matter what race, creed, or ethnicity.

Hardest part - To have ideas ignored or for someone to say that it has been like this for the longest and there is no changing it (Even if negative).

Most Enjoyable - To be able to make a guest/customer smile based on how I took care of them or thought about them during troubled times by making a simple gesture as a phone call to follow-up with them after an incident. Just to be able to see or hear the guests excitement and joy when you have made their day when you actually took care of the issue first hand and not passed it on to anyone. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more