The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

Beautiful property, awful place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 28, 2016
Quality of Life here is awful. The Ritz Carlton Employee Promise seems to be forgotten at this property. The management tries way too hard to please the public that they do not take the employees into consideration
great
Aesthetician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 26, 2016
The best place to work... we feel like we matter.
Great pay
Great benefits.
Great hours.
Great Insurance.
Great vacation.
Pros
great
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZApril 23, 2016
The Ritz makes a big deal out of themselves when you get hired, and you actually think that it might be a good place to work, until you start. I will say that their full time benefits are good, but they are expensive. Other than that, this place leaves a lot to be desired, and I'm being kind. I worked in the lobby bar and it was ridiculous-no busser or food runner and the smallest kitchen, all in the busiest outlet in the hotel- really nice planning... It shows how concerned the Ritz is about their people- not at all. They try to hire younger, good looking people mostly, but the ability of these types is usually sub par, which wouldn't have been so bad if you got to keep the tips you earned, but they pool the tips to reward the least productive, at the expense of the harder workers. Very clicky there between employees also, I saw everything from employees 'sleeping' with their coworkers and even guests while on the clock, to people drinking on the job, to captains leaving their assigned outlets to do similar deeds. Upper Management is not ethical there, as they engaged in the same behavior. (In 2015 their Core manager and it's Sommelier were canned for making Core's extensive wine catalog their own personal after-work watering hole. This would have been bad enough, but the Ritz upper management actually tried to save their manager and pin all the blame on the Sommelier, and it almost worked except for the vigilance of the security personnel.) Overall the Ritz Dove Mountain is a bad place to work, with unethical management who could care less about you. The only positive is  more... the benefits, but these exist only because the Ritz is owned by Marriott, one of the biggest hotel chains in the world which owns 14 other hotel brands as well.  less
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Unethical management and culture
Great Company Name
Bell/Recreation (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 22, 2016
Although the company has a great name, be prepared to sacrifice your personal time and schedule at the whim of junior management.
Pros
Great Name
Cons
Scheduling
Great Culture and good benefits
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 21, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton has a strong culture and great benefits. Also, it provides a great life balance with flexible schedules.
l would tell my friends to book a night at the hotel
Housekeeping/Turn Down Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
l cleaned rooms and replaced toiletries help the guests see if the guest needs anything wild there stay at our hotel and to make there night go smooth.
Robin
Utility Steward (Current Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLApril 17, 2016
Robin day at work is up lifting my coworkers so we can get the best from them. Making my coworkers smile is the best part of my day you can never understand what they go thru but to make them feel like something is the best feeling ever.
Productive work environment.
Reservations & Site Inspection (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2016
Take Phone Calls
Negotiate Rates
Upsell Products and Services
Solve Problems
Overall, I handle each phone call efficiently and leave the guest satisfied with the results.
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel stays and spa visits .
Cons
Far commute to work.
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 13, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits. Management is great and the property is great. The Ritz Carlton teaches you a lot about the hospitality industry.
No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is a horrible place to work. The amount of work you have to put in does not reflect your pay. The management in every department, all the way up to the General Manager is horrible. If you have any family or have a family that you want to see, don't waste your time on this establishment because they will have you work ridiculous hours. Always a high turnover rate because of how poorly the establishment is ran.
Pros
Free lunch, not always edible but free
Cons
Work/life balance, incompetent management, high turnover + understaffed= ridiculous work load
Productive and fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Avon, COApril 8, 2016
Working there was very useful to improve myself, it lets me to practice my English, to learn more about how to treat the customers everyday, and the most important, this company gived to me the empower to do anything that was necessary to make the custom feel happy.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts, free shuttle
fun place great people
Banquet Cook 3 /Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2016
great place to learn, good management team very diverse. lots of culture. everyone works well together great teamwork
great culinary staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 5, 2016
Long work hours, not great pay, but the learning opportunities. Chefs are fabulous. great co-workers, everyone gets along great and works well together.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, decent benefits, great staff to work with
Cons
long long hours during peak season, off season scary. pay could be better
Director of Banquets
Director of Banquets (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FloridaApril 1, 2016
Banquets Operations and Food and Beverage Leader, focus on great service results, learn a great management structure.... very passionate about my job
Golf Service (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my work at the Ritz-Carlton. I just ran out of advancement opportunities upon graduation and had to seek opportunities elsewhere.
conflict in workplace
day audit (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIMarch 26, 2016
The company has good ambition for both employee and guest but when it comes to employee forgetting the motto for the company and owning to their advantage it really disappointing to work
in that environment when u know that company is good.
Pros
very prestige workplace
Cons
management discriminate
Working with and meeting new people.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 25, 2016
Each day I would check in with the office staff as I was handed my daily manifest A brief meeting would take place between the facility supervisor and myself, as we discussed the days schedule.
I would assist the hotel guests as they needed transportation to and from the hotel and other locations in Naples.
I learned time and again to show each guest as well as every co-worker respect and gratitude.
All of the hotel staff and management have always been dedicated to their duties and responsibilities. Their professionalism has and always will be of five star service.
Pros
Working with and meeting people.
Cons
No regrets
My review
Guest Relations Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
I love to work at the Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park Hotel. I have been here for 11+ years. I love it because of its philosophy and principles; because I serve people from all around the world and all walks of life; because I make good money; because the standards we set are followed by everyone; because we have the best guest service that I have ever seen anywhere.
Pros
Good income, great work conditions, great guests, great service, great company, great location.
Cons
I have been here too long.
Well recommended it
Pantry /club lounge Chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33139March 24, 2016
over all a good experience . started out at 13.00 phr , within a year time I was at 15.99/ I gained to respect of other chefs and cooks . there are areas to grow and achieve goals. but unfortunately the location was to far for me and parking was hard to pay at times..
but its an adventure that I will not forget .. I learned a lot and gained confidence
Pros
parking was terribale
Cons
got to work with diiferrent cooks of different background
Productive and sustainable
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of answering phones calls, assisting customers, and making sure I help them to the best of my ability. I learned that you will interact with different people, attitudes, and languages but do your job and remain humble. What I learned from Management was you have to lead by example. Our managers were nice but required you to be punctual and diligent about your job. Co- Workers were awesome, they taught me a lot about life; being that I had just graduated high school. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use their software.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No free lunch

4.5