The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

I worked in Room Service delivering meals to our guests.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
We would set our tables and trays to be ready for the meals. We made sure the orders were correct before being delivered to the rooms.
I learned to offer the best customer service. To work in a very fast and stressful environment and be professional.
The management team were outstanding, very professional and very helpful.
Our co-workers were always ready to assist and very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was to face an angry guest when the items delivered were not what they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet famost movie stars, professional sports heroes and rock stars.
Pros
It was a great place to work with good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times and unstable income
lively place to work with the opportunity to meet new interesting people
Server Assistant/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMay 7, 2016
My review of my experience working at the Ritz Carlton is everyday is fast paced which I love. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and learn new things. The Ritz Carlton brand is also something good to have under your belt. The hardest part of the job for me was work ethic was not valued at the Ritz Carlton. More importantly it was all in who you knew not how hard of a worker you were. Also management was inconsistent with rules and regulations. The pay is decent so definitely something to look into if interested.
Pros
full benefits, free lunch, payed vacation, decent pay
Cons
management, very difficult to advance in company, inconsistent with disciplinary action
Tedious
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 26, 2016
My experience at The Ritz-Carlton was less than enjoyable. The management was very disorganized and I was the only employee working as a spa concierge everyday. I applied as a part-time employee but was forced to work full-time with no benefits because I was registered as a "temporary" employee by HR. Every department director was careless and disorganized which is why I left the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disorganization, short staff and no hurry to hire, carelessness from supervisors and managers
Very Productive and Great Place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GADecember 7, 2016
Typical day at work is very simple, easy, and outgoing. I love my job and my fellow coworkers. Management here are wonderful, and they work around your work schedule. Working at the Ritz Carlton offer great benefits and also an overall great company to be apart of.
Excellent
Membership Executive (Former Employee) –  MauiOctober 27, 2016
Great company with a high pedigree of competency and customer service. Advancement is a high priority from within. Excellent benefits and great culture.
Great place to learn and grow!
Guest Relations Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 3, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company,
It is a great place for a person to really grasp what it means to work in hospitality, delivery the finest service, and ensure that all guests are fully engaged. Excellent benefits and pay. A nice place to work where you can really feel appreciated.
Good Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2016
Good benefits, good culture, good management. Great care for guests and employees. Lot of training to exceed guests expectations.
Excellent company
Server (Former Employee) –  Avon, COSeptember 30, 2016
Working for a luxury company I learned how company's should be run. The marmot thought me a great deal. Integrity and empowerment are there strongest goals. I believe a believe I became a better person because of these standards
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
A great learning experience
Front Desk / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Working at RCH will always be one of my greatest learning experiences. Just being able to make a guest/ person happy by simply exceeding their expectations and provide=ind 5 star service was great!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not the greatest scheduling system
Best of the hospitality industry
Baker (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 21, 2016
The company overall is great. They have good ethics towards their employees and take care of them with great benefits and make a point of paying above the local pay rate. People who want to advance and voice it are put on track quickly. With properties all over the world you can basically live where ever you want. However, how well your work environment is, really depends on the property and your immediate manager. Some properties are good for ambitious people who like to try new things, every thing fresh and current. Other properties are more of a don't rock the boat and you can keep your head down till retirement, stagnate and not open to change. Overall if you like hospitality service it's a great company. You just may have to transfer every two years until you find the perfect property for you. You can't beat the hotel and travel discounts on top of all the other great things that come in your benefits package. Health coverage is great and the 401k package is great as well. They start matching after only a year or two.
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
Overall an awesome company to work for!
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day to work at the Ritz Carlton was awesome! I learned to except responsibility and I learned what it means to work in that type of environment. The co-workers was really nice and helpful. The hardest part was the heavy lifting but the co-workers were really helpful and mindful of that. The best part of the job was I was able to move around to the different parts of the kitchen and I got to help the other chefs and servers.
Pros
Free lunch and the benefits was awesome
Cons
The work schedule was always changing
great culinary staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 5, 2016
Long work hours, not great pay, but the learning opportunities. Chefs are fabulous. great co-workers, everyone gets along great and works well together.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, decent benefits, great staff to work with
Cons
long long hours during peak season, off season scary. pay could be better
Productive and Fun Place With Employee Exercise Facility
(On-Call) Banquet Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837August 10, 2016
The Ritz Carlton has been an excellent place to work. You are always acknowledged and treated like a professional. You have access to great food, an employee workout facility, a lounge area where you can relax between shifts.

In addition you have access to a vast amount of educational material. For example if you want to learn a new language like Portugese, Mandarin, French etc You can sign up to the famous Rosetta Stone language program.

They also have employee outings and celebrate employe awards.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes your work hours can be long but its not anything to do with the Ritz Carlton. The hours are long because the function itself requires it per client/customer.

An excellent place to work. Been there 10 years.
Pros
Education, Gym, Company Trips, Great Food, Meet Great Clients
Cons
Long Hours, Work is Seasonal
Amazing company with room to grow and advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  The ritz Carlton Naples and PhiladelphiaOctober 29, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is all about continuously improving service through the use of observation, tracking, and quality techniques. Management leads by example and the ladies and gentlemen guide each other to maintain and exceed the Gold standards. The Ritz Carlton working experience will change your entire mind, body, and soul, helping you instinctively understand how to anticipate the guest needs and it will spill into how you live your life outside of the Ritz Carlton. I worked for 6 years with them and loved every minute and I worked my way into management and helped open multiple locations. You will love working with this company and you will feel special creating world class service with a team that makes guests gush how wonderful the service is.
Pros
Free dry cleaned uniforms, free food, great employee appreciation
Cons
Work all holidays and weekends are busiest times
Residential Concierge
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
No place for advancement. Awesome co-workers, upper management needs to be re-vamped from the top to the bottom. Definitely needs a wage increase!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Free Lunch that is terrible 6 days out of 7, Low wages, no room for advancement
Excellent benefits, sub-par management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall, a great place to work especially for mid-career or college grad advancement. Most in housekeeping, stewarding, residences, and in-room dining stay for 10 + years. FOH operations cycle through employees every 1-3. Many stay for the experience and name to apply for better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Free employee dining, benefits, location
Cons
Efficient workplace with excellent commission
Server (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 16, 2016
This job taught me about time management, multi-tasking, working under pressure, etc. Having to deal with 10-100 customers in a day either over a spread of 1-8 hours. I had to use proper language techniques taught in several different required courses taken throughout the year while working quickly to get the product to them that they requested, as well as ensuring my fellow employees made these products correctly and to the standards required.
Pros
free meals and the opportunity to work in several different departments
Cons
oddly timed break at the very beginning of shift (department specific)
Great Culture and good benefits
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 21, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton has a strong culture and great benefits. Also, it provides a great life balance with flexible schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5