The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

good company
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 23, 2017
one of the best jobs I have had. nice management team that is willing to work with you and get you everything you need to be successful. raises are there
Productive work place
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 20, 2017
The Ritz Carlton Hotel make a lot of lovely experiences to their customers and always be pending on what they need to feel comfortable and have happy memories on their vacations or honey moon.
Excellent place to work
Departmental Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rose Hall, JMJuly 19, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel was one of my favorite place of work. The working environment was impeccable. Management were supportive, encouraging and did what was best for the employees.

Employees were able to grow in their career because the culture fosters growth and upward mobility. Its a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Nice lunch room and free lunch.
Pretty good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 18, 2017
Great experience, learned a lot on how to talk and treat guest. Work is setting up guest with a great experience for their hotel night stays. Luxury brand to work for, everyone is very polite.
very exciting place to work
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2017
I work with a lot of amazing people great benefits . love everything about the company.ladies and gentlemen respect each other and the teamwork is amazing also showing genuine care for the guest love how the employees own and immediately resolve guest problems
Great Company
Fine Dining Server, Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 16, 2017
The Ritz is second to none when it comes to treating their employees and their customers. It was a great place to start out a career and would have stayed for a more "corporate role".
Director of Sales, Catering
Senior Sales Manager, Catering (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
This rating is not reflective of my experience with MOST Ritz-Carlton properties.

Opening Team
Long Days associated with Opening Team
8:30 to 8:30 most days
Management - at the time 50/50
Hardest part of the job (everyone worked in silo. One or two people controlled the working atmosphere (negatively) in the entire area.
High Stress/High Demand/High Maintenance
You were constantly in the thick of all things in Los Angeles, Red Carpet Events, Special Events
Pros
Beautiful offices, cafeteria, really great work associates
Cons
Nature of the location - 24/7; hard to find work/life balance
Just do your job as assigned when assigned
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJuly 14, 2017
Could be a great organization if the superiors treated subordinates with respect and professional integrity. After spending a year on the job its what you make of it that determines your longevity.
Pros
Uniform services, shift meals, discounts.
Cons
Short breaks that requires you to leave immediately when assignment arise, dishonest management members
Pastry Cook 1 & Learning coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2017
If your looking for a career in the hospitality industry look no further than the Ritz-Carlton. It can demand a lot from you, but it really is the best place to work in this field.
Pros
free lunch, paid time off, discounts
Cons
last min schedule changes, turnover, long hours, holidays, weekends
Good company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  DallasJuly 13, 2017
Overall my experience started out good. The atmosphere was welcoming, staff was friendy enough, and my boss was excellent. But the longer I was there I started to notice that some things were not as good as they seemed. Starting with communication or lack there of on a daily basis. Some of the management was friendly, but some of the restaurant managers/ expeditor, sous chef, was rude and arrogant. It seemed as if some of the staff that had been there a while and had leadership positions felt superior to the new staff, and thus they did not have to communicate with us or treat us fairly in company matters. Come to find out, I was not the only one who had the same concerns and issues, as I had other friends in other departments who said that they had the same experiences as well. It eventually came down to too much drama and mess in the workplace, and was once looked & felt like a great place to work was soon bleak. For the amount of workl load that you do in the kitchen department with little pay. It can be very exhausting. Since my resignation, I have heard rumors of management in the retauarant department in particular amongst other issues have not improved and in some cases have worsened. But I can not either confirm or deny those claims, since I have not been there. Generally speaking this is an ok company to work for, and there are pros and cons of working here. Still I think I had a reasonably better experience working here than I have at other sites doing the same job in the food and beverage industry.
Great benefits and really good people to work with
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJuly 12, 2017
I loved the experience I had at the Ritz Carlton, not only a beautiful property, but I learned a lot from all the chefs there, A lot of different outlets you could learn from, and everyone was willing to help at anytime.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
always changing schedules last minute, not good pay
n/a
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
I come to work and take care of the housekeeping Dept. I make sure the hotel is clean and Guest have a great time. I I make sure we order all the supplies for the ladies./
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
too many hours work
Stress free but challenging
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 11, 2017
The Ritz challenges even the best in hospitality to expand their skills. Management is visible and open door policies to all staff. Pay and commission for a hard day work is respectable. Any one looking for hospitality career would be wise to strive for Rtiz culture.
Hospitality Industry
Director of Meetings and Special Events (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton is a great company to work for. The hotel business is a 24 hour business, so hours can be long based on the needs of each individual.
Commitment to Ultimate Service
Loss Prevention Manager/Hotel Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 8, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton is a place where the genuine care and comfort of the guest is the highest mission. It pledges to provide the finest personal services and facilities for its guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance. The Ritz-Carlton experience enlivens the senses, instills well-being and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of its guests.
Pros
Great experience and benefits.
Cons
Long but rewarding work hours.
fun resort to work
Valet/Doorman (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 6, 2017
I loved working at The Ritz Carlton. My coworkers and supervisors were very easy to work with. I was able to meet lots of cool people sometimes including celebrities.
Fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJuly 3, 2017
The Ritz is a fun place to work and a great place to learn as well. They help you improve in whatever it is that you are looking to do and achieve your goals.
Pros
Free lunch, breaks, great pay
Great job
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2017
Hourly pay is reasonable and includes tips and upsells for extra money. Overtime is optional so it helps as well. Managment really works with you to progress and balances out with life outside of work. Great benefits and friendly and equally treated throughout the work place
Pros
Free lunch, Discounts, Medical benefits, 401K, Retirement savings
Cons
Short breaks
By far, the most genuine culture that I've ever worked in. I love the empowerment with which the company gave to those who worked at the company!
Executive Assistant, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 27, 2017
I give the Ritz-Carlton a 5 Star rating for a place to work! Working in Human Resources at the corporate office of the Ritz-Carlton gave me insight to how the directors of the hotels embodied and carried out the company's credo in the hotels all over the world! Although, you work in the corporate office, you still feel connected to the hotels because everyone's mission was the same....to provide a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance....and to uphold the mission where the genuine care and comfort of the guests was paramount!
Pros
*benefits were phenomenal; *coworkers warm and genuine; *everyone treated with respect, no matter your position
Cons
You didn't get to interact with the Ladies and Gentlemen in person at the hotels, but definitely communicated via email and phone calls.
Restaurant Chef (Current Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COJune 27, 2017
Gives you the freedom to work at a place that values the associate as much as the guest. Great benefits and has one of the best management teams in place for the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5