The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Serving was always a pleasure
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2015
working for The Ritz-Carlton has been the best experience ever. It has allowed me to learn my strengths and my weakness. I have grown as a professional and as a human being. This company will always be my ultimate favorite place of employment and career.
Proactive workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Saint ThomasJuly 27, 2015
great customer service attributes
good compensation
customer appreciation
Great atmosphere, management is honest
Food server (Former Employee), Naples, FlJuly 20, 2015
Pros: all day dining room for free
Cons: very slow during summer
The Ritz Carlton Golf Resort of NapIes is a five diamond Hotel, families oriented with thee busy restaurants and several activities specially for kids. Shuttle available for transportation and tours. One of the biggest place for the Golfers to be in Naples. Great benefits for employees, a dedicated management. A multi cultural environnement makes it a very fun place to work.
Greatest Job of my Life!!!
Cook I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2015
Pros: work with the best ingredents in the world
Cons: not enough time to learn everything
There isnt enough words to describe the life and culinary lessons I recived with THE greatest brand!!! I owe my caree to the great leaders i worked for and team that help me go from a cafateria cook to a Restaurant manager.
Review
SENIOR MEETINGS & SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2015
Good place to work with opportunities to learn & grow in various departments. Diverse workplace with engaging ladies & gentlemen.
A diverse and exciting work environmet
Director of Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Kapalua, HIJuly 13, 2015
Pros: diverse work environment, great pay and benefits
Cons: limitied opportunities for advancement
Five Star service provider and a great organization to work for. Provided a great work environment for employees and was a great learning environment on how to provide the highest levels of service.
VIP Guests
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: See VIP's
Cons: advancement
If you are a veteran associate and like to deal with VIP's this is the place to work.There are associates that have been their a long time and they enjoy taking care of the guests.
Hotel company with a big facade
Pastry Cook III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Central location downtown and benefits
Cons: mangement and the lack of teamwork
The hotel company is probably great, but my property is not very great at treating employees with respect and advancement from within.
Important workplace to Succeed.
garde manger chef, sous chef (Former Employee), Pentagon, DCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Treat You as a King When You Got Hire from Other 5 star Hotels.
Cons: Long Hours of work as a Salary Manager.
Great Place to Start and Succeed Career, and then some. Very High Standard of working Environment, Excellent Place as Your Background and Backbone of Your Future Career.
great work enviornment
Banqut Server (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 24, 2015
During season we could have coffee brake, breakfast buffet, lunch, and plated dinner for multiple groups through the full seven days . co-worker and captains are all hands on with a great attitude.
Achieving and implementing all I learned in my career.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Circular Quay SydneJune 19, 2015
Pros: The "Motto", the mystic
Cons: Living too far from work
Punctuality starting the day. Learned to work with different staff in different areas and no job is too little. Trying to work with co-workers and see the way they work and vice-versa. Seeing Managment around as part of the team.

The hardes part learning to be discreet! and the most enjoyable learning in my position from the best in the Evening.
Changed my life for the better
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2015
Pros: They are the best and live up to the reputation
Cons: night shift
Provides the finest customer service and facilities for our guest who will always enjoy a warm relaxed and refined ambiance. - part of the company credo. It also does this for employees as well
Guest Services
Assisting guests and clients (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
Pros: employee incentives, teamwork, caring management
Cons: short breaks, poor healthcare
I loved this job! The call center/guest services position was really taxing at time, but the company incentives and work culture was amazing! The hotel provided great employee meals for $2 a day and we had access to the pool and gym equipment. It was REALLY corporate, but if you know how to play the game, Ritz was a great company to work for
Was A great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: work schedule
I really enjoyed working with the Ritz Carlton Phoenix. If it was not closing I would have continued to work with the Hotel. Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentleman, is truly what the Ritz Carlton is all about.
Best place to work
Executive Protection Agent (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CAJune 8, 2015
Ritz carlton is the best place to work and grow they care about you as a employee and focus on your happiness to deliver better work results.
A lot a drama and nobody cares
Turndown Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts on hotel rooms, decent pay
Cons: drama, rude coworkers, rude management, nobody listens to your problems, to much work for one person
When I worked there as a turn-down assistant, a lot of people were interested in creating drama. If you weren't with the "it" crowed, you were alone. Management was the same and didn't do anything to fix the problem. I was 18 and in high school, but my job was WORSE than high school. I'm talking about 28-50 year old women being mean to one another and talking behind their backs. Turn-down was given 50 rooms at least every other night and you weren't aloud to help anybody else unless your rooms were done. AM housekeeping was even worse. The would leave privacy's on the doors so they didn't have to clean them but you would. Everybody was always on their phones and nobody ever cared what you had to say. I would NOT recommend this job unless you don't care about drama and want to be working with a bunch of jerks!
My experience at the Ritz-Carlton
Cook 3 (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation week, benifits
Cons: interrupted breaks
There isn't a day that goes by that I obtain increasing knowledge in the field that I am in. My coworkers are so passionate about there job and duties and help each other to learn and grow. The most hardest part of my job would be you would never know what to expect, which could be frustrating or for the most part exciting as well, all of us in the back and front of the house thrive under pressure and help one another to succeed. Management wise can be very tough with scheduling, ordering, making sure each individual are satisfied with there job and needs, etc.... all in all everything that I needed to do my job management always exceeded my expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers and how well we work together, all of us to learn more and grow and building a strong relationship in and out the kitchen.
it was ok
hostess (Former Employee), Amelia Island, FLMay 29, 2015
• Working with high profile guests
• Make sure guest were greeted in a timely manner
• Busing tables when busy
• Controlling the floor plan
Very professional operation.
Banquet Server (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 28, 2015
Pros: First class operation for the best of the best.
I enjoyed and found the hotel and management to be very professional. It is a first class operation for both the employees and guest and I would recommend the employment experience to anyone.
Fantastic company with worldwide recognition
Valet / Cashier (Current Employee), Marina del Rey, CAMay 21, 2015
The Ritz-Carlton Marina del Rey is a fantastic place to work. You are able to meet new people every day from all over the world and have great opportunities for advancement.
Industry