The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Strong company with great benefits
Residence Liaison, CAM (Current Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLMay 24, 2017
Constant communication with resident owners through emails, meetings over the phone and in person. Making sure their deeded property is well maintained and their investment is profitable. Communicate with the hotel staff to work on benefit of my clients property.
Pros
Free lunch buffet, great benefits, succesful company
Cons
no room for growth in my field
Great place
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2017
Great place to work!!! Great people, great coworkers, great benefits, great hotel discounts! I wish I still worked for this company because I would travel so much more!
Great job if you are focused on income
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2017
Ritz pays well. The one I worked for was run in an organized way. The staff was selected carefully. Ritz has high standards. If you work in Banquets there you have to be willing to work triples.
Once Upon A Time
Banquet Houseman and Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2017
Getting stable hours was something you had to fight for if the business wasn't there. Because regardless of how busy or not busy each employee was responsible for maintaining a set amount of hours. If you couldn't meet those hours then you were let go form the company, the first strike is your last strike. On the Pro side they did allow you lateral service so you could get hours at other hotels. Problem with that is the surrounding hotels were up and down business wise around the same times. If this has changed and they manifested a better system regarding keeping a set amount of hours. Then I have no problems if you can work anytime any day and don't mind getting home late at night via downtown.
Pros
pay, employees, experiences, casual believe it or not.
Cons
hours, management then.
productive work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 12, 2017
I loved working at the Ritz-Carlton cause I learned a lot from different departments of the kitchen. I work mostly in the pastry department. the first thing I had to do when I got to when I got to work is making sure how many people is dinning at the restaurant and how many venues there is that night. making sure that we have everything in stocked for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Pros
having free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great benefits, but hard to grow from within
Department Learning Coach/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 11, 2017
I love the Ritz-Carlton as far as the values and benefits are concerned. Although, when you are trying to move up into the office job opportunities, it seems a little difficult to achieve. I don't believe it is all Ritz-carlton properties, but this particular location is. I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I would love to stay within the company, but I feel I need to continue onto the next chapter in my life of professionalism.
Freindly Place
Guest Service Agent/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2017
Great workplace. has lots of rules. it helps with what you are supposed to be doing at what time it is to e done. Lots of interaction with people on the daily basis.
Awesome
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2017
Great company to work and learn and grow good salary and opportunities to move up great learning tools. Nice place to try different job titles. Cross training
Pros
Raise every year
Cons
No parking
The best place to Learn Customer Service Excellence
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2017
I cannot brag enough about the wonderful people I worked with at the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix. This company has the greatest employee training programs in the world for world-class service.
Benefits
Cons
Lower wages
great benefits and paid but poor managment comunication
Host (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAMay 8, 2017
I worked in The Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay at the conservatory lounge it has a great view, its a fast work pace environment and have to keep a genuine attitude and attire
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very fast pace enviroment
Its amzing to be a part of the Ritz-Carlton company
F&B Service (Former Employee) –  Sanya, ChinaMay 5, 2017
Its one of the leading and in my view the best organization to work with. Well planned management and satisfied employees gives the tremendous feeling of working at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. I love to work with.
Pros
Focus on employee satisfaction
Cons
Somewhat less benefits
It is an amazing place to work, a lot of benefits.
Banquets (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 3, 2017
Good payment, excellent workers and supervisors. During high season, there is a lot of work, but once the season is over, there is not a lot to do. The conditions to work are excellent.
I would go back to The Ritz-Carlton
Telephone Sales Agent - In-Room Dining (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 30, 2017
After being selected for the job I hurt my back at home before my orientation date. It was a fast paced. I wasn't able to work with pain. Loved the people.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
parking
most enjoyable
Overnight Doorman / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, FLApril 28, 2017
Greeted all guests in the lobby in a warm and professional manner, make them feel welcome.
Escorting all guests checking in to their accommodations following hotel procedure.
Informed the guest about the hotel and room features as well as emergency procedures.
Overall good
Rooms Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. Compensation is great, benefits are great, lots of advancement available if work ethic is strong. Management can be on/off depending on the location.
Pros
benefits, pay, job culture
Cons
job work/life balance
Ritz Carlton
Attendant to the Recreation Department (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 25, 2017
The things gained from working at the Ritz Carlton have carried on to other facets of my life. A hard-working, yet relaxed environment in which employees attain the finest training and preparation the hospitality industry has to offer. Communication skills greatly improved simply by continuously interacting with the guests, and constant work across the property (but not stressful) made it an extraordinary working experience.
Great Place to Work
Receptionist / Manager of Tennis Dept (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 23, 2017
I loved working at The Ritz-Carlton. I was treated very well by management and other co-workers. There was always extra time offered to me to work. It was like my own family.
Excelente
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  South Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
Excelente lugar de trabajo no me arrepiento de haber trabajado ahí los Maneger y personal de trabajo son muy buenos
Days range from ordinary to unnecessarily Chaotic
Room Controller (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIApril 22, 2017
The failing of this company will be the management you encounter. There is a high turnover rate of managers coming and going from other properties and with each comes a new set of policies and procedures. Some are qualified and look out for their employees, while others do not know the work and are simply trying to find the next step up while tossing their line employees under the bus. The right manager plays a large part in how the day will go.
Pros
great insurance, competitive pay
Cons
unhelpful management
Concierge for residences of the Ritz Carlton (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 21, 2017
Working at the Ritz Carlton as a concierge is the ultimate experience of customer service. It is a fabulous experience to exceed the customers wishes and expectations!
Also, very enjoyable developing rapport with the residents, guests, etc.
Pros
Free meals that were exceptional due to being prepared by hotel chef.
Cons
Pay was not quite adequate for performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5