The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Company
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2016
Absolutely loved working with the Ritz Carlton, I would still be with them had I not needed to be closer to family!
Professional, attention to detail
Senior Sales Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 8, 2016
Inventory control, document production and stellar customer service. High end time share sales office in a tropical destination.
A great learning experience
Front Desk / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Working at RCH will always be one of my greatest learning experiences. Just being able to make a guest/ person happy by simply exceeding their expectations and provide=ind 5 star service was great!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not the greatest scheduling system
fun place
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLJune 8, 2016
awesome place to work at must love helping people and must have strong customer service skills. must like face paced work and like to smile positive people around you all the time
Fun and Family
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I have learned many things from management and co-workers. Everyone was unique and we all treated each other with respect. Occasionally on the holidays, the manager would make something special for the employees. For example, i went to work on thanksgiving day and the staff had some turkey and food for us. It was important that we got along as family.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Shifts feels like all day
Incredibly hard working staff
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 31, 2016
Working together everyday to maintain a clean, safe, and luxurious experience for our guests. My management team was always looking out for their staff first which was so nice to see, and had never experienced this quality anywhere else.
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
Great experience
Externship as a Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2016
At Ritz Carlton I was an extern to complete my degree. I enjoyed the work as an assistance chef. Working with a chef was rewarding and a learning experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not full time job
Serving
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2016
I served in banquets and small parties. I served food and drinks to guests and customers. I work closely with co-workers.
Fantastic company
Food & Beverage Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLMay 14, 2016
The Ritz is a great place to work. If you have a knack for hospitality this is the company for you. It has an encouraging culture of excellence. I highly recommend it.

Want to know more about The Ritz-Carlton?

Ask a question
Extensive training
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Singer Island, FLMay 14, 2016
Will give during a personal interview. Toughest part of the job is the over extensive report processes that do not allow much time to meet owners, guests and my team. I've learned a whole new service culture.
lively place to work with the opportunity to meet new interesting people
Server Assistant/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMay 7, 2016
My review of my experience working at the Ritz Carlton is everyday is fast paced which I love. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and learn new things. The Ritz Carlton brand is also something good to have under your belt. The hardest part of the job for me was work ethic was not valued at the Ritz Carlton. More importantly it was all in who you knew not how hard of a worker you were. Also management was inconsistent with rules and regulations. The pay is decent so definitely something to look into if interested.
Pros
full benefits, free lunch, payed vacation, decent pay
Cons
management, very difficult to advance in company, inconsistent with disciplinary action
Unfortunately was bought out.
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 2, 2016
I loved working here. The staff and management was amazing. Unfortunately company sold to another. The guests were a joy to serve.
Beautiful property, awful place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 28, 2016
Quality of Life here is awful. The Ritz Carlton Employee Promise seems to be forgotten at this property. The management tries way too hard to please the public that they do not take the employees into consideration
great
Aesthetician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 26, 2016
The best place to work... we feel like we matter.
Great pay
Great benefits.
Great hours.
Great Insurance.
Great vacation.
Pros
great
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZApril 23, 2016
The Ritz makes a big deal out of themselves when you get hired, and you actually think that it might be a good place to work, until you start. I will say that their full time benefits are good, but they are expensive. Other than that, this place leaves a lot to be desired, and I'm being kind. I worked in the lobby bar and it was ridiculous-no busser or food runner and the smallest kitchen, all in the busiest outlet in the hotel- really nice planning... It shows how concerned the Ritz is about their people- not at all. They try to hire younger, good looking people mostly, but the ability of these types is usually sub par, which wouldn't have been so bad if you got to keep the tips you earned, but they pool the tips to reward the least productive, at the expense of the harder workers. Very clicky there between employees also, I saw everything from employees 'sleeping' with their coworkers and even guests while on the clock, to people drinking on the job, to captains leaving their assigned outlets to do similar deeds. Upper Management is not ethical there, as they engaged in the same behavior. (In 2015 their Core manager and it's Sommelier were canned for making Core's extensive wine catalog their own personal after-work watering hole. This would have been bad enough, but the Ritz upper management actually tried to save their manager and pin all the blame on the Sommelier, and it almost worked except for the vigilance of the security personnel.) Overall the Ritz Dove Mountain is a bad place to work, with unethical management who could care less about you. The only positive is  more... the benefits, but these exist only because the Ritz is owned by Marriott, one of the biggest hotel chains in the world which owns 14 other hotel brands as well.  less
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Unethical management and culture
Great Company Name
Bell/Recreation (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 22, 2016
Although the company has a great name, be prepared to sacrifice your personal time and schedule at the whim of junior management.
Pros
Great Name
Cons
Scheduling
Great Culture and good benefits
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 21, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton has a strong culture and great benefits. Also, it provides a great life balance with flexible schedules.
l would tell my friends to book a night at the hotel
Housekeeping/Turn Down Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
l cleaned rooms and replaced toiletries help the guests see if the guest needs anything wild there stay at our hotel and to make there night go smooth.
Robin
Utility Steward (Current Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLApril 17, 2016
Robin day at work is up lifting my coworkers so we can get the best from them. Making my coworkers smile is the best part of my day you can never understand what they go thru but to make them feel like something is the best feeling ever.

4.5