The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton United States Employee Reviews

treat people horrible
Banquet server, room service server, hostess (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2015
its a horrible company but the People you work with are great people.
the co workers make it worth going to but the human resource staff and some of the senior staff are so self righteous that they treat every one like they are beneath them.
Productive workplace, great benefits, medical dental etc
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UtahApril 29, 2015
Pros: Hotel benefits
Work week always great. Learned hotel techniques. Management always great and works with you. I enjoyed learning about people all over the world and making them happy.
best place i have ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
have a pleasant working environment, and have the growth of workers intrest at heart.

create avenue for workers growth within the compnat
productive, fun and great place to learn
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Bal Harbour, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: benefits, great pace of work
Cons: N/A
what I enjoyed the most of working at The Ritz Carlton is that you can learn many possible ways of a great costumer service and also you get to have amazing opportunities of growth. Managers are very capable to handle guests and employees.
The Ritz Carlton is an excellent company
Loss Prevention Officer/Invoicing Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2015
The hardest part about working in the Ritz Carlton is the attitudes of some of the guest who come in and want to stay at the hotel. Some of them are inconsiderate to peoples feelings and feel that they can talk to people any way that they want to.
well professional work place
Sa/server assistant/honor bar (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: good hr advisor
Cons: to many complaints
its a very great place to work meet new people free lunch provided for employee fun staff and a place to grow and learn it always ladies and gentle men serving ladies and gentle men I love this place
Horrible Management
Ski Concierge (Former Employee), Avon, COMarch 29, 2015
Pros: The Tips
Cons: Management
All the upper management here treated everyone below them like they didn't mean anything. Never solve guest problems and hide in the back office (PBX) all day. Rarely even supervised, let people do whatever they want and go missing for half their shift while all the hard workers do all the work. For the most part my co-workers were great, and I learned that the management only cares when the VIPs come into town and the next day go back to hiding in their office.
Highest Integrity.
Conference Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 28, 2015
The Ritz-Carlton has the highest expectations of customer service. You took ownership with pride of the guests needs.
lovely job- excellent standards for genuine guest care
Fine dining server- Cioppino (Current Employee), Key Biscayne, FLMarch 28, 2015
~work everyday includes genuine guest care
~i have aquired a broad knowledge of foods and wines as a server
~great place to work- kind and genuine people
Great Company
Bartender (Former Employee), 1 Austin WestMarch 25, 2015
Fun workplace to work with very beautiful furniture.
Meet with a lot of great people.
Co-workers are not very friendly
Quite a lot of stress with demanding customers because the company is know of its finest service.
The Productive was great and the people was great. The Ritz Carlton Hotel was the greatest place I ever work at.
Full-time Utility Engineer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Working with a team, Free lunches
Cons: none
At the Ritz Carlton Hotel the product was great an the people were the best in the USA. Working with Management for this company was like family,working here was a lot of fun.
Looked forward to going into work everyday
Painter (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: treated with respect
Cons: none
This company was spectacular. I felt like I belonged to a family. I wish I could have stayed, but the hotel was being changed to a Marriott. There were layoffs, and I didn't have an option. I always praise this company.
Moring and sometimes night host at raya
Hostess at Raya (Former Employee), dana pointMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great health care, great food for employees, vacation pay, a solid amount of hours, raises
Cons: the only con i can think of was in the beginning, learning the strict rules and expectations, while in the end i exceeded expectations
a typical day at work is opening procedures such as obtaining guests preferences, cover counts, beo's for large parties, private dining room reservations and set up, memorizing vip guests. making sure all menus are counted and clean, distributing line ups, pre shift, creating floor plan. Next would be seating guests in a rotation in order for each server to be equally assigned the same amount of covers, answering phone calls, confirmation calls, communicating to concierge so the guests get exactly what they need for their day. I also made decisions on when to cut the floor based on guests arriving and the need for a certain amount of servers so that servers are not standing around but guests also get the best service possible. I learned how to communicate with the best speech, keeps vip's and famous guests experience as normal but exceptional service and atmosphere. Management was wonderful as they were hands on but trusted me to make decions based on guests needs and demands without having to always bring a manager into a situation. My co-workers were great, some being there for many many years teaching me every little secret there is to know so i can be successful. the hardest part of the job was organizing large parties as the restaurant is set up for smaller parties. the most enjoyable part of the job was the trust put into me by management, servers, and guests.
Fun place to work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Buckhead, GaMarch 6, 2015
Fun workplace to work with very beautiful furniture.
Meet with a lot of great people.
Co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with
Amazing company to work for!
Manager on Duty / LP Officer / Bellman (Former Employee), Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: meals provided, great benefits, great people
Cons: crazy hours sometimes and inconsistent schedule
Great company to work for. The bosses and managers are all fair, hard-working, and reasonable. The greatest part of the job is the amazing group of people you get to work with. The Ritz really is the top 1% of the world's hotels. If you do your job well and give your best there is MUCH room for growth and advancement. Wages are very fair and benefits are excellent.
Work in the hotel laundry department
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the pay was good
Cons: in the summer it was very hot down there
My daily shift was going through guest laundry tickets make sure rush services was done or ready to go. Taking calls from guest and answer question about laundry and writing out their laundry tickets. I sorted and cleaned sport clubs laundry. My other duties where to wash, press,and fold laundry for associates and guest.
Great place to work and learn customer engagement.
Garde Manger Chef (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the employees were all the best at what they do.
Cons: having to leave a great experience
The most important learning point was how to engage guests to maximize guest experience. The management staff was very knowledgable and practiced what they taught.
Job title and duties
Mini-Bar Attendant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, 30 min breaks, and excellent job benefits.
I been working for many hotels for 10 years. Therefore, I had learned
about customer satisfaction and how to work and get along with my
co-workers. I learned many challenges in dealing with difficult situations in a proper way. My most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying customers and gaining the skills necessary so I can take my career to the next level.
Extraordinary Place to work
Acting Spa Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free training, fantastic co-workers
Cons: little room to grow as it was an island, but great company.
My directors were great. They have open door policy and always willing to teach you what they know. A lot of diversity. Great co-workers. The Ritz Carlton Company is a family. It was my home away from home.
Great place to worrk
Front Desk Representative / Assistant to Hotel GM (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great friend family rate at all ritz carlton & marriott properties
Cons: low wages
Front Desk Representative / Assistant to Hotel GM
Provide administrative support for General Manager of Ritz-Carlton in successful 4 Star 5 Diamond Hotel.

Oversaw a wide variety of administrative functions, supporting projects and information processes compiled and analyzed data from monthly reports to prepare manager for opening sales day answering PBX meridian phone systems. I developed internal correspondence that facilitated effective communication and transfer of information between offices.

* Played key role in project management review of inter-office collaborating with managers to identify and define essential components of data entry audit sheets.

* Significantly reduced time required to prepare and distribute quarterly reports by converting to electronic reporting procedures.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more

The Ritz-Carlton Salaries