The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

I worked in Room Service delivering meals to our guests.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
We would set our tables and trays to be ready for the meals. We made sure the orders were correct before being delivered to the rooms.
I learned to offer the best customer service. To work in a very fast and stressful environment and be professional.
The management team were outstanding, very professional and very helpful.
Our co-workers were always ready to assist and very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was to face an angry guest when the items delivered were not what they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet famost movie stars, professional sports heroes and rock stars.
Pros
It was a great place to work with good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times and unstable income
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
Excellent
Membership Executive (Former Employee) –  MauiOctober 27, 2016
Great company with a high pedigree of competency and customer service. Advancement is a high priority from within. Excellent benefits and great culture.
lively place to work with the opportunity to meet new interesting people
Server Assistant/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMay 7, 2016
My review of my experience working at the Ritz Carlton is everyday is fast paced which I love. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and learn new things. The Ritz Carlton brand is also something good to have under your belt. The hardest part of the job for me was work ethic was not valued at the Ritz Carlton. More importantly it was all in who you knew not how hard of a worker you were. Also management was inconsistent with rules and regulations. The pay is decent so definitely something to look into if interested.
Pros
full benefits, free lunch, payed vacation, decent pay
Cons
management, very difficult to advance in company, inconsistent with disciplinary action
Tedious
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 26, 2016
My experience at The Ritz-Carlton was less than enjoyable. The management was very disorganized and I was the only employee working as a spa concierge everyday. I applied as a part-time employee but was forced to work full-time with no benefits because I was registered as a "temporary" employee by HR. Every department director was careless and disorganized which is why I left the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disorganization, short staff and no hurry to hire, carelessness from supervisors and managers
Amazing company with room to grow and advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  The ritz Carlton Naples and PhiladelphiaOctober 29, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is all about continuously improving service through the use of observation, tracking, and quality techniques. Management leads by example and the ladies and gentlemen guide each other to maintain and exceed the Gold standards. The Ritz Carlton working experience will change your entire mind, body, and soul, helping you instinctively understand how to anticipate the guest needs and it will spill into how you live your life outside of the Ritz Carlton. I worked for 6 years with them and loved every minute and I worked my way into management and helped open multiple locations. You will love working with this company and you will feel special creating world class service with a team that makes guests gush how wonderful the service is.
Pros
Free dry cleaned uniforms, free food, great employee appreciation
Cons
Work all holidays and weekends are busiest times
Residential Concierge
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
No place for advancement. Awesome co-workers, upper management needs to be re-vamped from the top to the bottom. Definitely needs a wage increase!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Free Lunch that is terrible 6 days out of 7, Low wages, no room for advancement
Chef to explore
Chef (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 28, 2016
A young, aspiring, well trained and adventurous chef willing to be trained and handled on different parts of the kitchen to improve his career. Did some work and travel along the way to experience different cultures and cuisines at the Americas and Asia.
Efficient workplace with excellent commission
Server (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 16, 2016
This job taught me about time management, multi-tasking, working under pressure, etc. Having to deal with 10-100 customers in a day either over a spread of 1-8 hours. I had to use proper language techniques taught in several different required courses taken throughout the year while working quickly to get the product to them that they requested, as well as ensuring my fellow employees made these products correctly and to the standards required.
Pros
free meals and the opportunity to work in several different departments
Cons
oddly timed break at the very beginning of shift (department specific)
Productive and Fun Place With Employee Exercise Facility
(On-Call) Banquet Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837August 10, 2016
The Ritz Carlton has been an excellent place to work. You are always acknowledged and treated like a professional. You have access to great food, an employee workout facility, a lounge area where you can relax between shifts.

In addition you have access to a vast amount of educational material. For example if you want to learn a new language like Portugese, Mandarin, French etc You can sign up to the famous Rosetta Stone language program.

They also have employee outings and celebrate employe awards.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes your work hours can be long but its not anything to do with the Ritz Carlton. The hours are long because the function itself requires it per client/customer.

An excellent place to work. Been there 10 years.
Pros
Education, Gym, Company Trips, Great Food, Meet Great Clients
Cons
Long Hours, Work is Seasonal
I appreciate the opportunity given to learn what type of manager I will not become.
GUEST RELATIONS & FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2016
I've worked overnight with the hotel since 2014 and have found that the Executive Management team on this property has not exemplified The Ritz-Carlton Employee guarantee. I found that although I've expressed this directly to top management and found that the top auditor company (Forbes Travel Guide) expressed the same issue nothing has changed. I do not recommend for anyone to work with company under this management team.
Pros
Ability to grant the guest an outstanding experience.
Cons
Lack of genuine care for employee.
Fun and Family
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I have learned many things from management and co-workers. Everyone was unique and we all treated each other with respect. Occasionally on the holidays, the manager would make something special for the employees. For example, i went to work on thanksgiving day and the staff had some turkey and food for us. It was important that we got along as family.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Shifts feels like all day
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is a horrible place to work. The amount of work you have to put in does not reflect your pay. The management in every department, all the way up to the General Manager is horrible. If you have any family or have a family that you want to see, don't waste your time on this establishment because they will have you work ridiculous hours. Always a high turnover rate because of how poorly the establishment is ran.
Pros
Free lunch, not always edible but free
Cons
Work/life balance, incompetent management, high turnover + understaffed= ridiculous work load
Great company to work for!
Mixologist/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJuly 31, 2016
Management is stellar and actually cares about their employees. Everyone working in F&B is receptive and generally cares about their jobs. It is a major step up from the Omni down the street.
Pros
Free Lunch, great pay
Cons
very nice place to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is a company where they encourage their employees to learn and grow. There is team work and excellent communication. A typical day at work from the moment you clock in, we provide exceptional service. they call us service professionals. From working there more then 5 years The Ritz Carlton has changed my life because not only I provide good service but also I expect good service wherever I go. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from all over the world and making then repeat guest. The Ritz Carlton is a very nice place to work and I would still work there if it wasn't for me following my career.
Great work place
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  South Beach, FLSeptember 9, 2016
A typical work day can be challenging, but I learned that I can do whatever I put my mind to. I can do it in accurate time. The management will come and help if needed, but at times they forget to order things, (human), and my co-workers are SUPER! There's a few of us that goes around and help others. The hardest part is working when you don't have all your materials. At times we're missing things. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we're all family.
Spa Concierge
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLAugust 18, 2016
The spa at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove was very small and intimate which meant only one spa concierge would work a full 10 hour day alone. The management of the department was very disorganized and selfish with the way she made the schedules. the director of the spa was also the director of many other departments because of the lack of employees in the hotel. Needless to say my experience there was not the best but I intend to find a workplace that is fair to their employees.
Excellent Place to Work!
Photography Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CANovember 19, 2016
A++ Fantastic!!! Solid employment and management. Great work environment. Professional and fresh.Beautiful scenery and class people to help assist. I highly recommend for employment. My commute was a little too far, so I had to relocate jobs.

I worked in the photography studio but everyone in the hotel was genuinely friendly and extremely nice.
Pros
Free Meals
Company culture is incomparable
Senior Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2016
The company culture and values are fantastic. The Buckhead property is iconic as it was the first in the brand. Marriott is known for not compensating well so that's something to consider.

4.5