The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2016
Good benefits, good culture, good management. Great care for guests and employees. Lot of training to exceed guests expectations.
I worked in Room Service delivering meals to our guests.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
We would set our tables and trays to be ready for the meals. We made sure the orders were correct before being delivered to the rooms.
I learned to offer the best customer service. To work in a very fast and stressful environment and be professional.
The management team were outstanding, very professional and very helpful.
Our co-workers were always ready to assist and very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was to face an angry guest when the items delivered were not what they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet famost movie stars, professional sports heroes and rock stars.
Pros
It was a great place to work with good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times and unstable income
productive and extremely a fantastic place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  montego bay jamaicaDecember 10, 2016
this hotel helped me to enhance my skill and also to work efficiently to the best of my ability.
my co workers and management are fun and respectful; people that I get along well with.
to me, there isn't a hard part in doing my job at the Ritz Carlton hotel. it is quite simple and fun seeing that I always assist some very amazing customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care benefits
Enjoyable
BANQUET OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  MarinaJanuary 10, 2017
Work place was fantastic with all my colleagues and every day was a learning journey and didn't felt like I was working at all since it was so enjoyable.

Working hours was intense as nightshift was applicable.

Overall, a good place to work at with it's rich culture and working environment.
Pros
Uniform, meals & transport provded
Cons
Excellent work place and environment
Guest Services office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Fair and honest management, fun place to work, always room for advancement, hiring from within to new positions, willing to train for the position.
Pros
Giving commendations to employees, awards, dinners, room for advancement
Cons
May not have hotel near your area, may have to travel a ways
Excellent
Membership Executive (Former Employee) –  MauiOctober 27, 2016
Great company with a high pedigree of competency and customer service. Advancement is a high priority from within. Excellent benefits and great culture.
Supportive environment with flexible schedule
Banquet Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I have very much enjoyed my 5+ years of working in the Banquet department as a bartender, server and trainer. The workplace culture is supportive and we all work together to provide the finest service in the industry.
Pros
Wages and travel benefits
Very Productive and Great Place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GADecember 7, 2016
Typical day at work is very simple, easy, and outgoing. I love my job and my fellow coworkers. Management here are wonderful, and they work around your work schedule. Working at the Ritz Carlton offer great benefits and also an overall great company to be apart of.
Very upbeat fun working enviroment
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZFebruary 21, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton is a very fun place to work. Lots of friendly employees. The Management and Business level of the hotel is not the best rating but it fluctuates. I learned a lot about the hotel industry and how it all works and keeps going. The Hardest part of my job was getting around the hotel and learning where everything is. It is a very wide spread property with lots of different areas. It can be a maze but you get to know it after awhile. The Best part of my job was the people. You meet all different types of people from all different states and countries. It was a great place to work but the hours aren't the best
Pros
Discounts on other hotels and at the property
Cons
No free Lunches, No Paid Breaks, Horrible Hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Typical Day: There were different problems to solve every day.
Learned: Management at a hotel/business level.
Workplace Culture: Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen.
Hardest part of Job: The Infrastructure
Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Group work
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
High flexibility in terms of where and when you work but also highly micromanaged
Valet (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 1, 2017
High flexibility regarding where and when you work but also highly micromanaged. Management thinks that it's productive to be micromanaging. Depending on position worked, you can have high compensation.
Great place to work!
Guest Relations/Residential Concierge (Current Employee) –  50 Central Park SouthDecember 10, 2016
The is a lot of support, and there is opportunity for growth especially now that Marriott and Starwood are combined. The upper management I feel is very supportive.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
my department can use more employees, a bit understaffed
Great Company
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Can't say enough this company taught be so much and I use my skills learned there at every job I had since. Be prepared to work long hard hours and holidays.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement
Cons
Quality of life
Amazing company with room to grow and advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  The ritz Carlton Naples and PhiladelphiaOctober 29, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is all about continuously improving service through the use of observation, tracking, and quality techniques. Management leads by example and the ladies and gentlemen guide each other to maintain and exceed the Gold standards. The Ritz Carlton working experience will change your entire mind, body, and soul, helping you instinctively understand how to anticipate the guest needs and it will spill into how you live your life outside of the Ritz Carlton. I worked for 6 years with them and loved every minute and I worked my way into management and helped open multiple locations. You will love working with this company and you will feel special creating world class service with a team that makes guests gush how wonderful the service is.
Pros
Free dry cleaned uniforms, free food, great employee appreciation
Cons
Work all holidays and weekends are busiest times
Employees are treated as Guests.
Housekeeper-Laundry Attendant-Office Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Isla Verde, PRJanuary 17, 2017
Excellent place to work, employees are treated as guest by management. Good salary, compensation and benefits. Beautiful place.
Pros
all
Cons
nothing
Ritz
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Great money not so great work/life balance as in they don't care if your needed your needed mid level management is not the best staff is like family will promise but never deliver
Pros
money
Cons
poor mid level management
Residential Concierge
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
No place for advancement. Awesome co-workers, upper management needs to be re-vamped from the top to the bottom. Definitely needs a wage increase!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Free Lunch that is terrible 6 days out of 7, Low wages, no room for advancement
Efficient workplace with excellent commission
Server (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 16, 2016
This job taught me about time management, multi-tasking, working under pressure, etc. Having to deal with 10-100 customers in a day either over a spread of 1-8 hours. I had to use proper language techniques taught in several different required courses taken throughout the year while working quickly to get the product to them that they requested, as well as ensuring my fellow employees made these products correctly and to the standards required.
Pros
free meals and the opportunity to work in several different departments
Cons
oddly timed break at the very beginning of shift (department specific)
Chef to explore
Chef (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 28, 2016
A young, aspiring, well trained and adventurous chef willing to be trained and handled on different parts of the kitchen to improve his career. Did some work and travel along the way to experience different cultures and cuisines at the Americas and Asia.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5