The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent benefits, sub-par management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall, a great place to work especially for mid-career or college grad advancement. Most in housekeeping, stewarding, residences, and in-room dining stay for 10 + years. FOH operations cycle through employees every 1-3. Many stay for the experience and name to apply for better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Free employee dining, benefits, location
Great Team Work Environment
Front Office, Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The Ritz Carlton was a great experience. The teamwork aspect is huge in a hospitality/customer service industry in a large hotel.

Management is very different depending on the department, however, relationships are very easy to build with managers as you are constantly interacting with almost every department when working in the front office.

The only downside to the company is the chance for advancement. There is very little available within the hotel you are at; when a position does become available, there are many people that have been waiting their chance to apply for that spot and will be considered before anyone who has not been with company as long. The company is large and expands globally; so a position may be sought after by hundreds of people within the company.

I enjoyed my experience with the Ritz Carlton thoroughly. The cultural is amazing to be a part of, and the customer service experience I developed is applicable in all work environments. I highly recommend this company for anyone looking for experience in customer service and a close teamwork environment.
great culinary staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 5, 2016
Long work hours, not great pay, but the learning opportunities. Chefs are fabulous. great co-workers, everyone gets along great and works well together.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, decent benefits, great staff to work with
Cons
long long hours during peak season, off season scary. pay could be better
great learning experience
COOK 1 (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2015
Great learning experience. Compensation varies widely by region. High standards which are good for a young professional. If you are young and don't go to the military, Get some Ritz Carlton experience! They will teach you to raise the bar, work hard and do the right thing
Pros
good benefits, travel perks, reputation.
Cons
the union in boston, working every holiday from 9 am to 12pm with out a break
Working with and meeting new people.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 25, 2016
Each day I would check in with the office staff as I was handed my daily manifest A brief meeting would take place between the facility supervisor and myself, as we discussed the days schedule.
I would assist the hotel guests as they needed transportation to and from the hotel and other locations in Naples.
I learned time and again to show each guest as well as every co-worker respect and gratitude.
All of the hotel staff and management have always been dedicated to their duties and responsibilities. Their professionalism has and always will be of five star service.
Pros
Working with and meeting people.
Cons
No regrets
Productive and sustainable
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of answering phones calls, assisting customers, and making sure I help them to the best of my ability. I learned that you will interact with different people, attitudes, and languages but do your job and remain humble. What I learned from Management was you have to lead by example. Our managers were nice but required you to be punctual and diligent about your job. Co- Workers were awesome, they taught me a lot about life; being that I had just graduated high school. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use their software.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No free lunch
Excellent company to develop your culinary knowledge.
Cook-II (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GANovember 18, 2015
I am a Chef in a 535 seat outdoor dining facility that is separate from the hotel. We are known for our southern flavors as well as modern cuisine. The best thing I have learned here is not only how to treat the guests of the hotel, but also how to treat fellow employees. We definitely are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen.
I work with a great team and enjoy the encouragement of our management team to push our creativity and professionalism to higher levels.
Pros
Creativity is accepted and encouraged.
Cons
Sometimes the corporate politics get in the way of providing the finest service.
fun place great people
Banquet Cook 3 /Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2016
great place to learn, good management team very diverse. lots of culture. everyone works well together great teamwork
Great work environment
Director of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix had a great work environment and management style. By applying the principles, trust, honesty, respect, integrity, and commitment. They cultivated an atmosphere where all team members participated in the work that affects them. It was a sad day for me on July 24, 2015 with the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix had to close their doors, the owners of the hotel, re-flagged the property as a Camby hotel managed by destination hotels and resorts.
Pros
Weekly leadership meetings to share ideas and to help focus on customer service and reaching goals
Cons
Property had defects Leaky roof- low water pressure
Best of the hospitality industry
Baker (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 21, 2016
The company overall is great. They have good ethics towards their employees and take care of them with great benefits and make a point of paying above the local pay rate. People who want to advance and voice it are put on track quickly. With properties all over the world you can basically live where ever you want. However, how well your work environment is, really depends on the property and your immediate manager. Some properties are good for ambitious people who like to try new things, every thing fresh and current. Other properties are more of a don't rock the boat and you can keep your head down till retirement, stagnate and not open to change. Overall if you like hospitality service it's a great company. You just may have to transfer every two years until you find the perfect property for you. You can't beat the hotel and travel discounts on top of all the other great things that come in your benefits package. Health coverage is great and the 401k package is great as well. They start matching after only a year or two.
Working for 6 years
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2016
It is a great company - not much to say, really. I enjoy the culture the most. Also, the benefits are competitive. nothing negative to say about the company.
Overall an awesome company to work for!
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day to work at the Ritz Carlton was awesome! I learned to except responsibility and I learned what it means to work in that type of environment. The co-workers was really nice and helpful. The hardest part was the heavy lifting but the co-workers were really helpful and mindful of that. The best part of the job was I was able to move around to the different parts of the kitchen and I got to help the other chefs and servers.
Pros
Free lunch and the benefits was awesome
Cons
The work schedule was always changing
Great workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Fabulous company to work for, opportunities to grow and advance. Allows employees to always learn and grow. There is room for advancement, if you so choose to advance. Great employees benefits.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
365 days a year, 24 hours a day
the beast Hotel
Food Runner///Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
THere is no place like THE RITZ Carlton
every one is like Family ,ITS very clean in the back of the house I come to work we all say good morning.!I wrk for Many hotels most of then you see dirt every were ther back of the houes is scary BUT not at THE RITZ, GUYS YOU ROCK! I work with a great managment team i wrk in serving the gust , as a server the hardest part of my job is there is no full time Jobs THe best part of my enjoyableof my job is when the gust gives me a great THank YOU! for aGreat time my co workers work hard , they to have everything Right. perfect, I have learn from managment its pays to wrk hard i learned from my co workers we will get more done as a team.
Pros
the H R the are the Best they will listen to you and fix your worrys
Cons
Healthcare the eployees lunch on saturdays
Good company to work for
Painter (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 9, 2016
Fun energetic people,Good place to work Management fair to work for. Great health benefits and 401k. good schedule and family comes first
Pros
good people
Beautiful Resort
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZDecember 31, 2015
High stress job with minimal support from new management. Loved interaction with guests and being able to make their stay extra special by providing supreme guest service. Planning their action by finding excellent entertainment, restaurants and tourist attractions in the Tucson area.The other concierge workers were wonderful partners and truly enjoyed my time with them. The hardest part of my day was not being able to sit down at all. We were standing on Spanish tile floors in heels without cushioned mats. We asked to have a stool to sit on when not interacting with guests but were denied. My most enjoyable part of my job was making lasting friendships with fellow Cast Members.
Pros
Tips from Jeep Tour Drivers
Cons
Standing on Spanish Tile Floors
Productive, cordial and fun work place.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
My personal motto is: [ When your early your on time- When your on time your late and when your late your out of commission].. I arrive a little before my due time to assist with any pressing situation my coworkers may have [ i.e. if its unusually busy or if I'm needed in any other capacity before I start my shift.
What I've learned is never take a complaint personally and to relax and recharge on my days off.
The management team has an open door policy and will go above and beyond to please its employees, and always willing to assist you with cross training if you show interest in doing so.
My coworkers will always assist each other if a particular day is needed aside from their assigned schedule.
The hardest part of my job is the feeling of disappointment when someone within the company drops the ball.
The most enjoyable part of my job is moving heaven and earth to please our guests.
Pros
Being assigned accomodations within the hotel if your working a double shift.
Cons
How the issued uniform shirts feel against your skin.
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
Excellent Company
Executive Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Sanya, Hainan, ChinaDecember 31, 2015
If you desire to offer only the best, every day, to every guest, then The Ritz-Carlton should be your career goal. Our ladies and gents truly show commitment each and every day.
Pros
Great Benefits!
What I learned was valuable
Food & Bev. Event Sales & Coord /Rest. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 6, 2015
Was a very unique place to work - waterfront/beachfront property! I learned and sharpened my skills in the F&B business I was able to grow and was personally guided and mentored when I first started. As with all big named resorts, management changed often, so you had allot of vision changes to keep up with, making the job challenging at times.
Pros
fun work place, opportunities to meet many great people
Cons
politics, jealousy among co-workers for better positions

4.5