The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Great Team Work Environment
Front Office, Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The Ritz Carlton was a great experience. The teamwork aspect is huge in a hospitality/customer service industry in a large hotel.

Management is very different depending on the department, however, relationships are very easy to build with managers as you are constantly interacting with almost every department when working in the front office.

The only downside to the company is the chance for advancement. There is very little available within the hotel you are at; when a position does become available, there are many people that have been waiting their chance to apply for that spot and will be considered before anyone who has not been with company as long. The company is large and expands globally; so a position may be sought after by hundreds of people within the company.

I enjoyed my experience with the Ritz Carlton thoroughly. The cultural is amazing to be a part of, and the customer service experience I developed is applicable in all work environments. I highly recommend this company for anyone looking for experience in customer service and a close teamwork environment.
Every day was learning about customer service!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Directed the daily activities of the sixteen-member housekeeper team. Fostered strong analyzing time management for cleaning room with all housekeeping departments.
Working for 6 years
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2016
It is a great company - not much to say, really. I enjoy the culture the most. Also, the benefits are competitive. nothing negative to say about the company.
Excellent benefits, sub-par management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall, a great place to work especially for mid-career or college grad advancement. Most in housekeeping, stewarding, residences, and in-room dining stay for 10 + years. FOH operations cycle through employees every 1-3. Many stay for the experience and name to apply for better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Free employee dining, benefits, location
nice place
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLJanuary 18, 2016
working at the ritz carlton was a great experience to learn and to developed a whole new type of cooking because of the Mediterranean influence present on every plate
the beast Hotel
Food Runner///Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
THere is no place like THE RITZ Carlton
every one is like Family ,ITS very clean in the back of the house I come to work we all say good morning.!I wrk for Many hotels most of then you see dirt every were ther back of the houes is scary BUT not at THE RITZ, GUYS YOU ROCK! I work with a great managment team i wrk in serving the gust , as a server the hardest part of my job is there is no full time Jobs THe best part of my enjoyableof my job is when the gust gives me a great THank YOU! for aGreat time my co workers work hard , they to have everything Right. perfect, I have learn from managment its pays to wrk hard i learned from my co workers we will get more done as a team.
Pros
the H R the are the Best they will listen to you and fix your worrys
Cons
Healthcare the eployees lunch on saturdays
Great workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Fabulous company to work for, opportunities to grow and advance. Allows employees to always learn and grow. There is room for advancement, if you so choose to advance. Great employees benefits.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
365 days a year, 24 hours a day
Young, fun and relaxing atmosphere to work
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I've had this job since I started college and it has been nothing but wonderful to me. Great, flexible hours during school year, while offering tons of hours during summer time. Atmosphere is relaxing and fun. Employees were all near the same age group and which made it easier to get through a long, hot summer day. Work was hard, but not unmanageable. Great college job.
Pros
Free lunch, great hotel benefits
Cons
long days, hot days, will tire you out
Best Hotel In the World
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kapalua, HIJanuary 7, 2016
make reservations
send confirmations of reservations
Engage with guests about our programs
open and close center
care for the animals at the center
Send revenue reports each day to accounting
Work with concierge staff in hotel
Send pictures to guests from adventures
Coordinate transportation for guests for activities
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer
inquiries and complaints.
Send emails to hotel for record keeping
Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash
receipts, or in performing services for customers.
Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality
goods.
Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions
as advertised.
Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and
displays and selling merchandise.
Assign employees to specific duties.
Plan budgets and authorize payments and merchandise returns.
Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time
cards.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short break
Excellent Company
Executive Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Sanya, Hainan, ChinaDecember 31, 2015
If you desire to offer only the best, every day, to every guest, then The Ritz-Carlton should be your career goal. Our ladies and gents truly show commitment each and every day.
Pros
Great Benefits!
great structered working facility
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2015
Working for the Ritz Carlton was an eye opening experience. It taught patience, hard work, and how to be independent. The Ritz Carlton is a fantastic company to work for. They really take great care of their guests, as well as workers.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
no overtime in certain departments
Intern (Former Employee) –  19th and k street nw washington dcDecember 23, 2015
I really like this job. It"s a fast paced job in the kitchen. I worked the banquet, garden mange and also restaurant. I liked prepping high volume.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
positive vibe
J1 Trainee (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 18, 2015
chef give the empowerment to do my level best and give the best service to the guest.learned how to cook in bulk for banquet
everyhour was enjoyable part of job.management take care of us very well.co workers are very helpful.there was no hardest part in bachelor gukch ,everything was so well planned
Pros
free lunches
awesome company
Pool attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 17, 2015
typical day at job, you get there, you start setting the chairs and wait for people to go to the pool and give them whatever day need, some of them tip, some of them don't but that is part of the job.
i learn the importance of a service well given and how it influence in the experience of the customer.
Managers do their best for being your friends and help you with the difficulties you face.
co-wokers know how to do team work so you are going to be fine.
hardest part of the job is when they ask you to move an umbrella because they are freaking heavy.
the most enjoyable part is the tips.
fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLDecember 14, 2015
Working at the Ritz hotel was a great experience.
The hardest part of job is long hours
the most fun part is to create guest experience
Pros
free lunch, Flexible work schedules
Cons
NO HOLIDAYS, long hours
Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 14, 2015
Ritz Carlton is on of the best companies i've ever worked for, the air of refinement, genuine care and comfort of our guest, and dedication to customer service is second to none.
Pros
The brand name stands alone.
Great company to be a family of
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 8, 2015
Great staff and guest to work with. Your "job" felt more like a family and a home over anything else. When you got to work the day just passed because of how busy and how much fun you were having. They taught me to carry your work ethic to your home life.Leave your worries at the door and be the person you are meant to be without fear of life. Be 5 star and shine where ever you go.
Productive and never boring always something new to learn!
Server/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2015
Working here was wonderful in the sense that there was so much opportunity to advance, make money, and better yourself. Healthcare was wonderful and the staff I worked with as peers were amazing. However, quite often there just simply wasn't enough recognition early enough in one's career. I worked here for four years. I trained in every possible position to gain access to higher positions I was told I was the number one candidate for, only to later find I was passed up due to one manager trying to keep me in their department. They did so because they knew I was the go to person. I could, in a single day, serve, bartend, hostess and food run. Among other hats I could juggle. I could also solicit the help and loved finding projects to do because we had the freedom to improve our work environment and it was encouraged.
Pros
opportunity for career development
Cons
Recognition, gossip
Great place for work
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 4, 2015
Nice place with all kind of people of different countries around the world. Big opportunities to learn and grow in the companie.
Pros
employee parking, free lunch
Cons
too far from my home
Nice company but unfair pay.
Customer Care & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2015
The job is easy enough, take calls and make reservations while making the guest happy. The difficult part is trying to juggle work and any life you have outside of work. The schedules change monthly so you may have an actual weekend off one month but the next you have two days off in the middle of the week. The pay seems fair until you see that other call centers pay more for doing the same amount of work. The discounts at Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels are nice but because of your ever changing schedule it can be difficult to take advantage of those benefits.
Pros
Awesome hotel rates, Friends and Family rates
Cons
Pay is low, schedules change monthly.

4.5