The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Food and Beverage Supervisor/ Beach Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I was in charge of managing my department and employees. I would arrive to work daily, about one hour before my staff, so I could prepare for my line up and morning meetings. I would walk my area to ensure proper set ups standards and then conduct line up. I would be on the floor interacting with guests and employees during my shift. My office work would wait until close.
Pros
Work environment, staff and support systems
Cons
NA
Spa Concierge
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLAugust 18, 2016
The spa at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove was very small and intimate which meant only one spa concierge would work a full 10 hour day alone. The management of the department was very disorganized and selfish with the way she made the schedules. the director of the spa was also the director of many other departments because of the lack of employees in the hotel. Needless to say my experience there was not the best but I intend to find a workplace that is fair to their employees.
I appreciate the opportunity given to learn what type of manager I will not become.
GUEST RELATIONS & FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2016
I've worked overnight with the hotel since 2014 and have found that the Executive Management team on this property has not exemplified The Ritz-Carlton Employee guarantee. I found that although I've expressed this directly to top management and found that the top auditor company (Forbes Travel Guide) expressed the same issue nothing has changed. I do not recommend for anyone to work with company under this management team.
Pros
Ability to grant the guest an outstanding experience.
Cons
Lack of genuine care for employee.
Great work place
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  South Beach, FLSeptember 9, 2016
A typical work day can be challenging, but I learned that I can do whatever I put my mind to. I can do it in accurate time. The management will come and help if needed, but at times they forget to order things, (human), and my co-workers are SUPER! There's a few of us that goes around and help others. The hardest part is working when you don't have all your materials. At times we're missing things. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we're all family.
I worked in Room Service delivering meals to our guests.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
We would set our tables and trays to be ready for the meals. We made sure the orders were correct before being delivered to the rooms.
I learned to offer the best customer service. To work in a very fast and stressful environment and be professional.
The management team were outstanding, very professional and very helpful.
Our co-workers were always ready to assist and very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was to face an angry guest when the items delivered were not what they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet famost movie stars, professional sports heroes and rock stars.
Pros
It was a great place to work with good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times and unstable income
Great opportunities for growth, high standards, builds leaders
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2016
Service excellence is of the utmost importance. Here we strive to provide the finest services with a relaxed yet refined ambience. You're always pushed to do better, deliver your best, and seek new ways to innovate & improve.
Pros
Great pay, great team members
Cons
even when they're wrong, they're right- the guests; much heavier emphasis on guest's satisfaction than employees'
very nice place to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is a company where they encourage their employees to learn and grow. There is team work and excellent communication. A typical day at work from the moment you clock in, we provide exceptional service. they call us service professionals. From working there more then 5 years The Ritz Carlton has changed my life because not only I provide good service but also I expect good service wherever I go. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from all over the world and making then repeat guest. The Ritz Carlton is a very nice place to work and I would still work there if it wasn't for me following my career.
Tedious
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 26, 2016
My experience at The Ritz-Carlton was less than enjoyable. The management was very disorganized and I was the only employee working as a spa concierge everyday. I applied as a part-time employee but was forced to work full-time with no benefits because I was registered as a "temporary" employee by HR. Every department director was careless and disorganized which is why I left the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disorganization, short staff and no hurry to hire, carelessness from supervisors and managers
Five Star Hotel, with a 100 years of history
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Served as manager on duty overseeing all aspects of Guest Services ensuring that the highest level of hospitality and service was provided. Represented property management in resolving any guest related situations, managed the flow of questions, tracked direct guest services within the hotel. Supported H.R. in recruitment efforts.
Great company with high standards
Bell Captain (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZAugust 22, 2016
Company invests much in their associates. Team atmosphere is very good. Pay is fair and within local guidelines of other high end properties. I loved the teamwork of the front of the house. Everyone working toward a single goal. The hours could be long at times but there are also off season that was slower so you could recharge your batteries.

Want to know more about The Ritz-Carlton?

Ask a question
Great place to learn and grow!
Guest Relations Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 3, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company,
It is a great place for a person to really grasp what it means to work in hospitality, delivery the finest service, and ensure that all guests are fully engaged. Excellent benefits and pay. A nice place to work where you can really feel appreciated.
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
Fun and Family
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I have learned many things from management and co-workers. Everyone was unique and we all treated each other with respect. Occasionally on the holidays, the manager would make something special for the employees. For example, i went to work on thanksgiving day and the staff had some turkey and food for us. It was important that we got along as family.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Shifts feels like all day
Productive and Fun Place With Employee Exercise Facility
(On-Call) Banquet Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837August 10, 2016
The Ritz Carlton has been an excellent place to work. You are always acknowledged and treated like a professional. You have access to great food, an employee workout facility, a lounge area where you can relax between shifts.

In addition you have access to a vast amount of educational material. For example if you want to learn a new language like Portugese, Mandarin, French etc You can sign up to the famous Rosetta Stone language program.

They also have employee outings and celebrate employe awards.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes your work hours can be long but its not anything to do with the Ritz Carlton. The hours are long because the function itself requires it per client/customer.

An excellent place to work. Been there 10 years.
Pros
Education, Gym, Company Trips, Great Food, Meet Great Clients
Cons
Long Hours, Work is Seasonal
lively place to work with the opportunity to meet new interesting people
Server Assistant/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMay 7, 2016
My review of my experience working at the Ritz Carlton is everyday is fast paced which I love. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and learn new things. The Ritz Carlton brand is also something good to have under your belt. The hardest part of the job for me was work ethic was not valued at the Ritz Carlton. More importantly it was all in who you knew not how hard of a worker you were. Also management was inconsistent with rules and regulations. The pay is decent so definitely something to look into if interested.
Pros
full benefits, free lunch, payed vacation, decent pay
Cons
management, very difficult to advance in company, inconsistent with disciplinary action
No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is a horrible place to work. The amount of work you have to put in does not reflect your pay. The management in every department, all the way up to the General Manager is horrible. If you have any family or have a family that you want to see, don't waste your time on this establishment because they will have you work ridiculous hours. Always a high turnover rate because of how poorly the establishment is ran.
Pros
Free lunch, not always edible but free
Cons
Work/life balance, incompetent management, high turnover + understaffed= ridiculous work load
Genuine Care & Comfort of Employees is the Highest Mission
Event Coordinator/Wedding Consultant (Current Employee) –  The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia IslandJune 30, 2016
Continuous opportunity to learn and grow. Customer service oriented company, Upper management receptive to employees suggestions and ideas. Lateral opportunities to assist other departments available.
The Company is Great, StL is not
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOSeptember 4, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co is an awesome company to work for. However, the StL location is not. This is not real RC. Try another location in order to experience the real RC culture. They will train to you be supreme in customer service.
Working with and meeting new people.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 25, 2016
Each day I would check in with the office staff as I was handed my daily manifest A brief meeting would take place between the facility supervisor and myself, as we discussed the days schedule.
I would assist the hotel guests as they needed transportation to and from the hotel and other locations in Naples.
I learned time and again to show each guest as well as every co-worker respect and gratitude.
All of the hotel staff and management have always been dedicated to their duties and responsibilities. Their professionalism has and always will be of five star service.
Pros
Working with and meeting people.
Cons
No regrets

4.5