The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, competetive, opportunities, stressful
Server and Sales Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLAugust 22, 2017
It was a great job and I got to meet great people. I always had job opportunities until management gets in the way with personal issues with you and decide to give you a hard time. Majority... was good though. Great benefits and insurance and counseling.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks . long hours
Developmental as long as leaders are good
Pastry Cook I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
The ritz carlton was great to work for in other states. As for Denver, it wasn't the worst, however there is no room for growth if supervisors don't leave. Days are very long and its hard to maintain a healthy work/ social life.
Pros
Free lunch, decent benefits
Cons
long days, no set schedules
Amazing place to stay
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Avon, COAugust 17, 2017
My stay at the Ritz Carlton, bachelor gulch was an amazing experience. The outstanding service and food quality was over the top as well as the room quality.
Standard of Excellence
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 16, 2017
The Ritz Carlton is the standard be which all other hotels strive. They create a positive culture for guests, employees and ownership. They live the line.
Pros
all
Fast Paced, Gret Money
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 15, 2017
Being a banquet server you are constantly moving but the pay is great. Really busy Sept-May other months you may need to work in a nother dept or get another job to compensate.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Every one wants to be a boss
great benefits, good company
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRAugust 15, 2017
great benefits, good company great opportunity, sick time, vacation time, good people all around. great reputation ability to transfer within the company
Pros
free lunch, sick time
Crazy Fun
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER, OVERNIGHT MANAGER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  San Juan , Puerto RicoAugust 15, 2017
Its a very professional environment at the same time is super fun to work there and to interact with the guests. Co workers will always help you to achieve your goals.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2017
Good people good food for lunch good benefits great working experience very clean trustworthy supervisors flexible shift met celebrities learned a lot of new things
Great employer
Accounts Receivables Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2017
When I worked for the company was an excellent employer with great benefits. Everyone worked well together and management really helped you achieve your goals
Great place to get educated on Luxury!
Lobby Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
The Ritz culture will immediately educate you on what the true definition of luxury and how to apply that to your life. Everything is done at the highest level possible. Highly recommend joining the Ritz Carlton culture.

Want to know more about The Ritz-Carlton?

Ask a question
Best job you can ever have
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
Negociable pay rate.
Opportunity for growth.
Daily feed back.
Daily communication with team.
Team oriented.
Hardest part of the job would be consistency is a very demanding company.
Lots of Benefits, Plenty of Hours, Great Money
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 9, 2017
The Rtiz was a great place to work if you're in the hospitality field. There are always hours to pick up even if it's in another department. Many benefits included discounted hotel in really nice places. Promotion to another department takes time but is doable, have to show your commitment to The Ritz. Awesome Hotel Manager at the Sarasota Location!
Pros
food made on site daily for employees, discounts
Cons
long hours, have to work holidays.
Great work place for hard workers
Guest Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLAugust 5, 2017
I personally loved working at this hotel. If you have the time and dedication for your role, you will succeed. However, be prepared to work 60 hour weeks, every day, weekend, and holiday.
Pros
employee meal, free parking, paid tolls
Cons
no work life balance
Strong company culture
Hospitality Agent (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAAugust 4, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton upholds a high standard of excellence and five star service that every employee is determined to fulfill. Overall the moral of the company is very strong. I found employees to be treated as ladies and gentlemen, just as the guests are expected to treat the guests. There are many company incentives such as the five star of the quarter award, community outreach, lateral service opportunities, and room for advancement based on performance.
Pros
Low employee rates at all hotel locations
Cons
Poor employee dining options
Poor people only making them feel worse
A guest (Former Employee) –  Visited. ManyAugust 4, 2017
How is a person supposed to live on 12 or 14 dollars an hour especially based on the cost of living in these areas ! I can't lmagine what a lovely resort style place they work over time hours to pay the bills - are they all illegals ? Or from Mexico !? Then they have to send half home buy some beans and rice and live like a squatter they should be proud and feel successful - do you offer your employees higher adult education , litercy classes , cuts in housing ???
A place where Ladies and Gentlemen are serving Ladies and Gentlemen.
Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
I start my day at 7:00 am in the morning ,I clock in , conduct a line up with my team(Line up is what going on in the hotel through the day and the occupancy,I log onto my computer read and respond to my emails.Follow up with any guest calls.Update any documents that needs to be updated,Conduct a short training with various departments.Forward a summary of what I did throughout the day,attend the morning meeting with management.I create a work environment of team work.The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with my co works and working together to complete certain task.
Union carpenter
Lead man (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAAugust 3, 2017
I was a union carpenter working at the Ritz-Carlton when they closed the doors due to money problems. they sent everyone home and never called us back.
Pros
union work
Cons
to far away to work.
Great for Cogs
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 2, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton is very well-known brand. If conforming to their ideology is something that you can get behind, then more power to you. I myself felt like I was pretending to be someone else for forty hours a week. Even great pay can't replace individuality.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Little to know individuality
Outstanding Company
Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
Outstanding Company
Company empowers employees to provide outstanding guest experiences and memorable moments. Highest standards in the industry for customer service.
beautiful Hotel, great people
House Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
As a security officer I'd patrol the Hotel, man the lobby for the protection of guests and their property as they are checking in and out. Assure all security/safety and fire regulations were followed by employees. Daily incident and activity reports. hardest part would be the constant standing at times. The best parts is the friendly people you meet and their gratitude for your being there to protect them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5