The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

BISTRO SERVER (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work, opportunities to learn and grow and work in different departments, lateral service, the employee promise is upheld and we follow a great culture
Great company with high standards
Bell Captain (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZAugust 22, 2016
Company invests much in their associates. Team atmosphere is very good. Pay is fair and within local guidelines of other high end properties. I loved the teamwork of the front of the house. Everyone working toward a single goal. The hours could be long at times but there are also off season that was slower so you could recharge your batteries.
I appreciate the opportunity given to learn what type of manager I will not become.
GUEST RELATIONS & FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2016
I've worked overnight with the hotel since 2014 and have found that the Executive Management team on this property has not exemplified The Ritz-Carlton Employee guarantee. I found that although I've expressed this directly to top management and found that the top auditor company (Forbes Travel Guide) expressed the same issue nothing has changed. I do not recommend for anyone to work with company under this management team.
Pros
Ability to grant the guest an outstanding experience.
Cons
Lack of genuine care for employee.
Spa Concierge
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLAugust 18, 2016
The spa at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove was very small and intimate which meant only one spa concierge would work a full 10 hour day alone. The management of the department was very disorganized and selfish with the way she made the schedules. the director of the spa was also the director of many other departments because of the lack of employees in the hotel. Needless to say my experience there was not the best but I intend to find a workplace that is fair to their employees.
I worked in Room Service delivering meals to our guests.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
We would set our tables and trays to be ready for the meals. We made sure the orders were correct before being delivered to the rooms.
I learned to offer the best customer service. To work in a very fast and stressful environment and be professional.
The management team were outstanding, very professional and very helpful.
Our co-workers were always ready to assist and very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was to face an angry guest when the items delivered were not what they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet famost movie stars, professional sports heroes and rock stars.
Pros
It was a great place to work with good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times and unstable income
Productive and Fun Place With Employee Exercise Facility
(On-Call) Banquet Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837August 10, 2016
The Ritz Carlton has been an excellent place to work. You are always acknowledged and treated like a professional. You have access to great food, an employee workout facility, a lounge area where you can relax between shifts.

In addition you have access to a vast amount of educational material. For example if you want to learn a new language like Portugese, Mandarin, French etc You can sign up to the famous Rosetta Stone language program.

They also have employee outings and celebrate employe awards.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes your work hours can be long but its not anything to do with the Ritz Carlton. The hours are long because the function itself requires it per client/customer.

An excellent place to work. Been there 10 years.
Pros
Education, Gym, Company Trips, Great Food, Meet Great Clients
Cons
Long Hours, Work is Seasonal
Great opportunities for growth, high standards, builds leaders
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2016
Service excellence is of the utmost importance. Here we strive to provide the finest services with a relaxed yet refined ambience. You're always pushed to do better, deliver your best, and seek new ways to innovate & improve.
Pros
Great pay, great team members
Cons
even when they're wrong, they're right- the guests; much heavier emphasis on guest's satisfaction than employees'
Progressive and Wonderful Company
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 1, 2016
It is a privilege to be able to work at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach, we are currently under renovations and I have additional time in my schedule.
Great company to work for!
Mixologist/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJuly 31, 2016
Management is stellar and actually cares about their employees. Everyone working in F&B is receptive and generally cares about their jobs. It is a major step up from the Omni down the street.
Pros
Free Lunch, great pay
Holiday parties and outings
Hostess/ Loss Prevention/ IRD (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLJuly 28, 2016
ensuring hotel guest are safe, walking throughout the hotel for anything suspicious, interacting with guests and asking about their stay to ensure it is up to standard.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
managment needs improvement
Five Star Hotel, with a 100 years of history
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Served as manager on duty overseeing all aspects of Guest Services ensuring that the highest level of hospitality and service was provided. Represented property management in resolving any guest related situations, managed the flow of questions, tracked direct guest services within the hotel. Supported H.R. in recruitment efforts.
very nice place to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2016
The Ritz Carlton is a company where they encourage their employees to learn and grow. There is team work and excellent communication. A typical day at work from the moment you clock in, we provide exceptional service. they call us service professionals. From working there more then 5 years The Ritz Carlton has changed my life because not only I provide good service but also I expect good service wherever I go. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from all over the world and making then repeat guest. The Ritz Carlton is a very nice place to work and I would still work there if it wasn't for me following my career.
World-class ski resort hotel situated on Beaver Creek Mountain in the Vail Valley
Director of Finance & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJuly 14, 2016
Outstanding luxury property in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Exceptional leadership and world class guest service, coupled with an amazing employee culture!
No team spirit
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Employees are difficult and are all ghetto
The work areas are not up to par they don't have enough equipment and they are lacking real management
Not what you would think
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 9, 2016
You think you're getting a job at one of the nicest and high end hotel companies out there. Truth is that they treat their employees terribly and they think the opposite. The pay there for what you do and what you deal with is terrible. Some management is good but most of it is people that should not be in that position. Best part of the job is the hotel discounts. The top management likes people in the lower management to be pushed around and won't hire someone into a leadership role that they know want to move on to a different career path and on to bigger and better things. They are all about the revenue and profit. You will be overworked and under paid if they are making a profit, if not then they will find a way to make cuts in order to make a profit and it may not be for the best.
Pros
Free gross lunch
Cons
Everything, paying for parking sometimes.
VERY GOOD customer service
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Kualalumpur,MalaysiaJuly 5, 2016
When ever the people come to booking the room very good cleaning
All the customer get enjoying all the time.People also comment on the face book and any where this hotel is a nice hotel
Pros
free breakefast
Cons
free luch at friday Sunday
Genuine Care & Comfort of Employees is the Highest Mission
Event Coordinator/Wedding Consultant (Current Employee) –  The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia IslandJune 30, 2016
Continuous opportunity to learn and grow. Customer service oriented company, Upper management receptive to employees suggestions and ideas. Lateral opportunities to assist other departments available.
Tedious
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 26, 2016
My experience at The Ritz-Carlton was less than enjoyable. The management was very disorganized and I was the only employee working as a spa concierge everyday. I applied as a part-time employee but was forced to work full-time with no benefits because I was registered as a "temporary" employee by HR. Every department director was careless and disorganized which is why I left the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disorganization, short staff and no hurry to hire, carelessness from supervisors and managers
Ritz Carlton is a place to be
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2016
I love to work every day of the week
I learned to be hard working
The management is nice
My co workers are adorable
When i control or teach the new employee
Welcoming customers
Pros
Free lunch will be served
Cons
You can have break at you weak time
Excellent Company
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2016
Absolutely loved working with the Ritz Carlton, I would still be with them had I not needed to be closer to family!

4.5