The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Was A great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the Ritz Carlton Phoenix. If it was not closing I would have continued to work with the Hotel. Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentleman, is truly what the Ritz Carlton is all about.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
work schedule
Best place to work
Executive Protection Agent (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 8, 2015
Ritz carlton is the best place to work and grow they care about you as a employee and focus on your happiness to deliver better work results.
A lot a drama and nobody cares
Turndown Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2015
When I worked there as a turn-down assistant, a lot of people were interested in creating drama. If you weren't with the "it" crowed, you were alone. Management was the same and didn't do anything to fix the problem. I was 18 and in high school, but my job was WORSE than high school. I'm talking about 28-50 year old women being mean to one another and talking behind their backs. Turn-down was given 50 rooms at least every other night and you weren't aloud to help anybody else unless your rooms were done. AM housekeeping was even worse. The would leave privacy's on the doors so they didn't have to clean them but you would. Everybody was always on their phones and nobody ever cared what you had to say. I would NOT recommend this job unless you don't care about drama and want to be working with a bunch of jerks!
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms, decent pay
Cons
drama, rude coworkers, rude management, nobody listens to your problems, to much work for one person
My experience at the Ritz-Carlton
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 31, 2015
There isn't a day that goes by that I obtain increasing knowledge in the field that I am in. My coworkers are so passionate about there job and duties and help each other to learn and grow. The most hardest part of my job would be you would never know what to expect, which could be frustrating or for the most part exciting as well, all of us in the back and front of the house thrive under pressure and help one another to succeed. Management wise can be very tough with scheduling, ordering, making sure each individual are satisfied with there job and needs, etc.... all in all everything that I needed to do my job management always exceeded my expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers and how well we work together, all of us to learn more and grow and building a strong relationship in and out the kitchen.
Pros
employee appreciation week, benifits
Cons
interrupted breaks
it was ok
hostess (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLMay 29, 2015
• Working with high profile guests
• Make sure guest were greeted in a timely manner
• Busing tables when busy
• Controlling the floor plan
Very professional operation.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed and found the hotel and management to be very professional. It is a first class operation for both the employees and guest and I would recommend the employment experience to anyone.
Pros
First class operation for the best of the best.
Fantastic company with worldwide recognition
Valet / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 21, 2015
The Ritz-Carlton Marina del Rey is a fantastic place to work. You are able to meet new people every day from all over the world and have great opportunities for advancement.
Very Professional environment with excellent training and high performance
Public Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Ritz Carlton Battery Park, New York NYMay 21, 2015
The time spent was too short to give an extensive review. Managers were professional and great emphasis was made on delivering very high service. A great place to learn the hotel industry and its operation for success
Pros
Free lunches, offers internship, kept employees engaged
Cons
Time was too short to observe employee moral
Productive work environment, with the ability to meet famous people
Retail Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, JamaicaMay 19, 2015
The experience taught me a lot. Been a five diamond hotel the Ritz Carlton taught me how to value customers and to offer above and beyond service.
A Very Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Working at Ritz Carlton Hotel was nice. I Learned About Attention To Details. The management team was on point about everything and everyone.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
great place to work
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2015
great company to work for, spent 12 years working for them . Great life work balance, learned a lot through other seasoned managers
treat people horrible
Banquet server, room service server, hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2015
its a horrible company but the People you work with are great people.
the co workers make it worth going to but the human resource staff and some of the senior staff are so self righteous that they treat every one like they are beneath them.
Productive workplace, great benefits, medical dental etc
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UtahApril 29, 2015
Work week always great. Learned hotel techniques. Management always great and works with you. I enjoyed learning about people all over the world and making them happy.
Pros
Hotel benefits
best place i have ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
have a pleasant working environment, and have the growth of workers intrest at heart.

create avenue for workers growth within the compnat
productive, fun and great place to learn
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLApril 11, 2015
what I enjoyed the most of working at The Ritz Carlton is that you can learn many possible ways of a great costumer service and also you get to have amazing opportunities of growth. Managers are very capable to handle guests and employees.
Pros
benefits, great pace of work
Cons
N/A
The Ritz Carlton is an excellent company
Loss Prevention Officer/Invoicing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2015
The hardest part about working in the Ritz Carlton is the attitudes of some of the guest who come in and want to stay at the hotel. Some of them are inconsiderate to peoples feelings and feel that they can talk to people any way that they want to.
well professional work place
Sa/server assistant/honor bar (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
its a very great place to work meet new people free lunch provided for employee fun staff and a place to grow and learn it always ladies and gentle men serving ladies and gentle men I love this place
Pros
good hr advisor
Cons
to many complaints
Horrible Management
Ski Concierge (Former Employee) –  Avon, COMarch 29, 2015
All the upper management here treated everyone below them like they didn't mean anything. Never solve guest problems and hide in the back office (PBX) all day. Rarely even supervised, let people do whatever they want and go missing for half their shift while all the hard workers do all the work. For the most part my co-workers were great, and I learned that the management only cares when the VIPs come into town and the next day go back to hiding in their office.
Pros
The Tips
Highest Integrity.
Conference Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 28, 2015
The Ritz-Carlton has the highest expectations of customer service. You took ownership with pride of the guests needs.
lovely job- excellent standards for genuine guest care
Fine dining server- Cioppino (Current Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLMarch 28, 2015
~work everyday includes genuine guest care
~i have aquired a broad knowledge of foods and wines as a server
~great place to work- kind and genuine people

4.5