The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Professional and friendly working environment
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale FloridaJanuary 17, 2017
Great working place where you learn to always put the guests needs and interests first.
One of the things I like most about The Ritz Carlton is the opportunity to do lateral service and work in other departments.
Also meeting interesting guests from all over the world, and being able to communicate in both English and in Spanish to assist them.
Pros
working with passionate co-workers
Cons
sometimes the traffic can get a bit hectic by the beach
Great company to work for - hotel is well managed.
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Great company to work for - hotel is well managed. The hotel runs smoothly and the employees are competent, hard working and team players.
Excellent work place and environment
Guest Services office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Fair and honest management, fun place to work, always room for advancement, hiring from within to new positions, willing to train for the position.
Pros
Giving commendations to employees, awards, dinners, room for advancement
Cons
May not have hotel near your area, may have to travel a ways
Ritz
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Great money not so great work/life balance as in they don't care if your needed your needed mid level management is not the best staff is like family will promise but never deliver
Pros
money
Cons
poor mid level management
Great Industry !
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Best company to work when it comes to the Hotel Industry ! Great benefits many opportunities to grow travel ALL around the globe, also great learning experience.
Excellent company and benifits
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Avondale, COJanuary 10, 2017
This company has an excellent work environment.. The empowerment they offer tho the ladies and gentleman is above and beyond any company I have ever worked forin my 30 years of experience.
Enjoyable
BANQUET OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  MarinaJanuary 10, 2017
Work place was fantastic with all my colleagues and every day was a learning journey and didn't felt like I was working at all since it was so enjoyable.

Working hours was intense as nightshift was applicable.

Overall, a good place to work at with it's rich culture and working environment.
Pros
Uniform, meals & transport provded
very luxury
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 8, 2017
Very nice place, all the stuff person are very organisation the sales office from sunny isles is awsome,luxury, very calm every day. the hardest part of the job that you dont know at what time you live,
Pros
parking
Cons
no lunch time
High end hotel and beach resort; very beautiful place to work.
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLJanuary 8, 2017
I worked for the beach side restaurant, Sand Bar Grill. The workplace and kitchen were very chaotic during peak hours. My duties were act as a busser and server in the restaurant and back up the beach servers when they became overwelmed. The work was taxing only because it was an outdoor settting and it was very hot. It can take alot out of you if you are not used to the heat or have an illness.
Pros
The hotel would provide a buffet for the employees in the cafeteria everyday free of charge.
Cons
Stressfull work enviroment during peak hours, and working in the sun can be very dangerous if you are not prepared.
Ritz Carlton
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maui County, HIJanuary 5, 2017
Wonderful place to work and made great connections there! I worked as a front desk agent for almost 2 years and would definitely work here again!
Professional diverse friendly atmosphere
In Room Dining Server Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Certainly no walk in the park. Must have integrity, patience, and most importantly respect for others. Must be polished at all times with a smile from ear to ear when engaging with guest
great place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  South Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2017
very friendly and great place to work with many opportunities.One thing that needs improvement is that we dont have any bussers or bar backs which makes our jobs more stressful. Also they emphasize on guest engagement which is very and when we are busy since we have to clear our own tables. Other than that you can make a lot of money have a lot of fun a meet a lot of people.
Pros
money
Cons
no breaks except at the start of your shift, no bussers, only one shift 12 -15 hour days during season
Great Management
Spa Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJanuary 5, 2017
This company prepares the employees well for the day to day customer service. It's management is very respectful and professional, always ready to listen and lend a hand.
Downtown Atlanta
Cook Pastry III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
First hotel job out of college, and the best place to start if your
looking to get into hotels. The Ritz-Carlton is the best of the best. You'll learn a lot and work hard as well.
Great Qualities
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2017
This is a great company to work for, great qualities, wonderful company values. From the CEO to the bellman everyone reads the same thing each morning.
stable and flexible place to work on
Lead agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2016
The job is pretty much the same every day, giving the opportunity to get very familiar with the different tasks needed to perform. A typical day at the center starts with what's Trending within the company, and then the agents begin taking calls and booking reservations.The leaders would also begin performing their duties.

Everyone is friendly and helpful. We enjoy 2 paid breaks of 15 minutes and a lunch break of 30 minutes
Awesome Compnay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLDecember 19, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is a good place to work. Each hotel is franchised so I can't speak for every location. The guests can be demanding and treat employees like servants but such is the rich
Catch 22
Senior Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLDecember 17, 2016
Great company standards and morals but call center is horrible. Will not allow you to advance outside of the company even if hotel tries to recruit you.
Awesome Company
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2016
Good people to work for. Excellent Benefits!
My day consist of assisting all guest with any needs. I book appointments.
Good freindly work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 13, 2016
a typical day at work is office work then on the floors checking behind co-workers. We have times when we have to work with what we have when our machine in the laundry beaks down. What I enjoy about working here is getting to know people from all over the world.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
schedule changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5