The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

the beast Hotel
Food Runner///Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
THere is no place like THE RITZ Carlton
every one is like Family ,ITS very clean in the back of the house I come to work we all say good morning.!I wrk for Many hotels most of then you see dirt every were ther back of the houes is scary BUT not at THE RITZ, GUYS YOU ROCK! I work with a great managment team i wrk in serving the gust , as a server the hardest part of my job is there is no full time Jobs THe best part of my enjoyableof my job is when the gust gives me a great THank YOU! for aGreat time my co workers work hard , they to have everything Right. perfect, I have learn from managment its pays to wrk hard i learned from my co workers we will get more done as a team.
Pros
the H R the are the Best they will listen to you and fix your worrys
Cons
Healthcare the eployees lunch on saturdays
Great place to worrk
Front Desk Representative / Assistant to Hotel GM (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Front Desk Representative / Assistant to Hotel GM
Provide administrative support for General Manager of Ritz-Carlton in successful 4 Star 5 Diamond Hotel.

Oversaw a wide variety of administrative functions, supporting projects and information processes compiled and analyzed data from monthly reports to prepare manager for opening sales day answering PBX meridian phone systems. I developed internal correspondence that facilitated effective communication and transfer of information between offices.

* Played key role in project management review of inter-office collaborating with managers to identify and define essential components of data entry audit sheets.

* Significantly reduced time required to prepare and distribute quarterly reports by converting to electronic reporting procedures.
Pros
great friend family rate at all ritz carlton & marriott properties
Cons
low wages
Great company wth excellent benefits
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at work would involve me cleaning and servicing numerous guests' rooms in a timely manner. I am also completing guests' requests, and engaging with guests to ensure they have a memorable experience. I have learned time-management. Often there are days that the work load is extremely large, and often seemed impossible, however, I have always pushed myself harder and have completed my assigned tasks. The co-workers are warm and welcoming, and seem more like family than fellow employees. The hardest part of job is the assigned workload. I work ten hours a day, and most of the time the only break I can take is lunch because if I stop then I wont be finished by the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving decent pay and the company benefits.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Learning Coach - Valet (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLAugust 17, 2013
The Ritz Carlton is a great place to work. I typically go in to work, take care of any problems or complaints that the other valets have with each other or management. I train new hires as well as people who are wanting to work there for extra hours. The hardest part of the job is just running for 8-12 hours straight. It's hard on your legs. I enjoy getting to meet a variety of people and interacting with all these people.
Working for the Ritz Carlton, I have learned about team management, how to speak with better grammar than I had before, and what it means to go over and beyond for each individual that I come in contact with or who walks through the doors.
Pros
get a free meal each day. ability to move up.
Cons
the pay is not consistent.
Productive Environment with very efficient leadership
Reservations Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 9, 2013
My day at work is very fluid and yet also presents new challenges every time. It has shown me that I have strengths that I didn't know I had. Upper management is the best I have ever seen at any previous employer. Every single manager is available for advice/support at almost any moment and there is always a manager there to answer questions when necessary. My coworkers all demonstrate a tremendous level of respect and yet a willingness to make our workplace a fun and exciting environment. The hardest part of the job has been that because of a change in financial needs, I must now loo for a job with better compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job has been seeing my hard work acknowledged and rewarded.
Pros
flexible schedules, excellent work life balance
Very Productive
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 14, 2013
I enjoy the management training part more because it offered us more knowledge and hence on experience.

Co-working are all great the ritz environment is the best place to be with all the support you get from everyone best of all the management .

My strength is my flexibility to handle change .Most of all I have good organizational skill and my interpersonal skills are the key success factor of how I interact with wide variety of guest.I have developed strong leadership skills and know how to interact with a wide variety of other people. I have excellent communication skills, good in planning and researching

Each day is different with more opportunities for growth from every department,
Hardest part of the job was working 15days for 15 hours with no off day, in session more expected but you get to enjoy it too because it means more responsibilities and growth.
Pros
free meal
Cons
Busy, fast paced work environment with an excess of lateral service opportunities.
Meetings & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2013
I managed an average of 10 groups per month while maintaining a 100% YTD Meeting Planner Full Engagement Score and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Meetings and Special Events Department. In additon, I was responsible for all finances of the department and served as a liaison between clients and mangers during the pre-event phase. I assisted the Director and Associate Director of the Meetings and Special Events Department, as well as, three Senior Managers.

The Ritz-Carlton has an amazing ability to grow your knoweldge of the industry while also becoming part of your family. Leaving that family is by far one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and definitely the hardest part of that particular job.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
restrictions for advancement
Best Customer Service Training
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 10, 2013
This company trains every employee in customer service, which is more than some other 5 star hotels I've encountered. They also encourage recognizing your coworkers through out the year. A work day here is long and demanding. If you want to work for them, know they expect the best from you and all those you work with, but they also empower you to solve problems, offer free parking, uniform cleaning, and an employee dining room. Management is very approachable. The hardest part of the job is making certain each guest is taken care of completely; it is also the most enjoyable, because you get to personally effect so many guests lives.
Pros
free parking, uniform cleaning, employee dining room
Cons
be prepared for lots of training, and the drive in can be a bear.
I am very proud to worked for The Ritz-Carlton a place to which I owe so much for my learning and professional growth
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2014
The Ritz-Carton motto, "We are ladies and gentlemen" exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all the staff members. As denoted in its credo , The Ritz- Carlton is a place where genuine and comfort of guest is its the highest mission. They employee are the most important resource in the service commitment to the guest.Diversity is valuable and is an example of international and interracial employees.They treat each others with dignity and respect. The company instill well -being and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of guest.
Pros
they encompass the values and philosophy by with they operate, is an unique and valuable experience.
Cons
they always work to do it better and improve the quality of life of they employees
Hard working atmosphere with friendly staff
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GANovember 27, 2012
a typical workday in The Ritz Carlton Hotel Kitchen is very tough but also very rewarding. i've learned so much about the culinary world as well as the buisness of serving food. managment is very nice but also very stern on getting the employees to give 100% in every thing we do. all of my former co-workers were very hard working and friendly people who loved there job. i think the hardest part of my job would have to keeping up with the busy lunch and dinner rush of the day but with the help from the great staff you never were overwhelmed by it. the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the great cooks and chefs and hearing the tales of there accomplishments in there field of culinary foods.
Pros
great food, great people
Productivity
Specialty Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas U.S. Virgin IslandsOctober 1, 2014
Is when a guest asks for Brown Rice sushi and I couldn't performed that duty because the department doesn't have the Brown Rice.

I have learn how to roll Maki, Nirgir,and Futo Maki styles. Also develop speed at as faster paste.

Co-workers return with Great response from the guest Feedback about the sushi.

The hard part of the job is when every guest comes in the restaurant at once. The food that you put out on the line in order gets mixed up by one server and picks up the wrong order that will interrupt your timeliness of service. You will have to stop what you are doing to redo the order.

The most enjoyable part is when the Guest is happy and the server did a great job.
Pros
take breaks
Cons
leaving yor post unattened
a great working environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rosehall,montegobay jamaicaJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day at work for me is rather busy yet has a lot of new and exciting experience to energize throughout the day.I have learnt that team work is the key and is needed for almost all the activities in the hotel industry.I have also learnt to be prepared and to plan ahead for an event.The management teams are great to work with,they are always there to give a helping hand and also to ensure that all is going well for an event.My co-workers are very helpful,always there to help if you are behind time are if there is something that you dont understand.The hardest part of the job for me,is not having the proper equipment to work with,and also if there is a pop up function and we ave limited time to work with.Seeing that all the guests needs are catered for is the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
Nice company but unfair pay.
Customer Care & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2015
The job is easy enough, take calls and make reservations while making the guest happy. The difficult part is trying to juggle work and any life you have outside of work. The schedules change monthly so you may have an actual weekend off one month but the next you have two days off in the middle of the week. The pay seems fair until you see that other call centers pay more for doing the same amount of work. The discounts at Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels are nice but because of your ever changing schedule it can be difficult to take advantage of those benefits.
Pros
Awesome hotel rates, Friends and Family rates
Cons
Pay is low, schedules change monthly.
I have not worked at The Ritz-Carlton but would be proud to be a part of this organization
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 26, 2014
I have benefitted as a guest at "The Ritz"; I believe that my skills in the Senior Living Community are well matched to this fine establishment's mission. I can make a difference at the Ritz-Carlton.

I desire an opportunity to use my sophisticated customer service skills to continue to develop the fine brand in place at the Ritz-Carlton. I am skilled at all office manager tasks but am as equally good with people. I have been successful at implementing activities that engage and educate in the Health Care Industry and as a volunteer while supporting an Executive Board in the Athletic Industry.

I have lived in the SF Bay Area since 1976 and want to continue to be a part of this dynamic region of the United States as a Service Provider.
Awesome place to work
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MODecember 27, 2013
Meeting and greeting our guest, teaching safe practices, diverse atmosphere, happy friendly environment. I received my CPR?AED certification, CLSO certification, and many other skills through our e learning system. I really progressed here with team work, helping other departments when needed. All of the employees were easy going and an absolute delight to be around. The hardest part of this job was escorting employees from property for being terminated. engaging with our guest and employees was rewarding.
Pros
free lunch, working with people from different cultures, the feeling good about your self at the end of the day.
Cons
i found there was a platue when wanting to advance.
very fun and professional place to work with ladies and gentlemen
Housekeeper/Runner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2012
A typical day at work is a very stress fre environment. Ive learned many useful things since being at The Ritz Carlton. Ive learned such things as how to properly strip and wax floors, how to get peronally involved and communicating a positive relationship with our guest.How tp make the guest issues and concerns also mine. The mangment at The Ritz is very productive and smart. the co-workers are gentlemen and ladies that treat each other with respect.The hardest part of the job would be working the night shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job would be learning new things and working with the employees i work with.
Pros
free lunch and discounts to marriot hotels
Cons
not enough employees on the overnight
Enjoyable environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Working there had been one of the most exhilarating times of my working career. There was nothing quite like working in an environment with a special clientele and excellent management. Working in there outdoor environment the restaurant could go from completely empty, to filled and exciting with an eclectic assortment of people in ten minutes flat.

The management was responsive to issues that arose and were willing to help out at a moment's notice.

The co-workers were hard-working and professional, and were just an all-around great group of people to be working with, always a plus with people that I would often be spending 40+ hours with.

The view was second to none, as it was overlooking the ocean, and the clientele was always exciting and different.
Pros
the view, the compensation, the clientele
Cons
last-minute schedules being posted
A place where ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen, Quality of life is ENHANCED.
Landscaping Technician/team (leader)barT/server. (Former Employee) –  WIMay 2, 2013
A good and exciting place to word where diversity is highly valued, quality of life d enhanced ( there was no competition at this time, top of top in the caribbean) the pay, the opportunities, the benefits and mutual respect for all.
It was an eye opening experience, working as a certified landscaping technician you also get the chance to work in any preferred area or department in the hotel by providing lateral services also including transferring to other properties in the world.
Pros
brakfast, lunch and dinner is prepared freshly each day.
Cons
depending on the shift or department everyone is entitles to an hour or half an hour break .
Huge learning experience, elegant and famous dining room
Fine Dining Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2013
The learning about fine food preparation, ingredient profiles, and wine was something I will take with me everywhere, forever. Working in this environment at this stage in my life in this particular place was something that brought me into my own zone as an adult and led me to what might be possible with myself professionally and beyond. Working for world class chefs who demand excellence forces one to tighten-up their own slack and preform, regardless of circumstance.
Pros
fast-moving, constant variables, part of a strong-team, good for social life
Cons
late nights, working through meals, occassionally very, very, stressful.
Values
Providing Exceptional Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 15, 2013
A typical day at work consist of making sure to provide the best customer service and meeting their most unexpected needs. I learned that assisting various customers help one to become a better person over all. Management is great, management helps employee to progress in their fields whether it's within or outside the company. The co-workers get along great, never an issue in the office and working together is made easy. The hardest part of the job is satisfying every single customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting recognize for the great job we do individually and as a team.
Pros
comp nights
Cons
not able to control the calls that come in

4.5