The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

great culinary staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 5, 2016
Long work hours, not great pay, but the learning opportunities. Chefs are fabulous. great co-workers, everyone gets along great and works well together.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, decent benefits, great staff to work with
Cons
long long hours during peak season, off season scary. pay could be better
VERY GOOD customer service
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Kualalumpur,MalaysiaJuly 5, 2016
When ever the people come to booking the room very good cleaning
All the customer get enjoying all the time.People also comment on the face book and any where this hotel is a nice hotel
Pros
free breakefast
Cons
free luch at friday Sunday
Incredibly hard working staff
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 31, 2016
Working together everyday to maintain a clean, safe, and luxurious experience for our guests. My management team was always looking out for their staff first which was so nice to see, and had never experienced this quality anywhere else.
Productive work environment.
Reservations & Site Inspection (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2016
Take Phone Calls
Negotiate Rates
Upsell Products and Services
Solve Problems
Overall, I handle each phone call efficiently and leave the guest satisfied with the results.
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel stays and spa visits .
Cons
Far commute to work.
Excellent benefits, sub-par management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall, a great place to work especially for mid-career or college grad advancement. Most in housekeeping, stewarding, residences, and in-room dining stay for 10 + years. FOH operations cycle through employees every 1-3. Many stay for the experience and name to apply for better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Free employee dining, benefits, location
productive work place
Banquet Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAFebruary 26, 2016
My experience at the ritz carlton was excellent the 5 firt years I'm very dissatisfy how the take for granted they're employee when they want to return to the company after they where loyal for 17 yearsthat makes me think that you are just a one more employee for them
Pros
team work
Cons
managment
Beautiful property, awful place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 28, 2016
Quality of Life here is awful. The Ritz Carlton Employee Promise seems to be forgotten at this property. The management tries way too hard to please the public that they do not take the employees into consideration
Young, fun and relaxing atmosphere to work
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I've had this job since I started college and it has been nothing but wonderful to me. Great, flexible hours during school year, while offering tons of hours during summer time. Atmosphere is relaxing and fun. Employees were all near the same age group and which made it easier to get through a long, hot summer day. Work was hard, but not unmanageable. Great college job.
Pros
Free lunch, great hotel benefits
Cons
long days, hot days, will tire you out
the beast Hotel
Food Runner///Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
THere is no place like THE RITZ Carlton
every one is like Family ,ITS very clean in the back of the house I come to work we all say good morning.!I wrk for Many hotels most of then you see dirt every were ther back of the houes is scary BUT not at THE RITZ, GUYS YOU ROCK! I work with a great managment team i wrk in serving the gust , as a server the hardest part of my job is there is no full time Jobs THe best part of my enjoyableof my job is when the gust gives me a great THank YOU! for aGreat time my co workers work hard , they to have everything Right. perfect, I have learn from managment its pays to wrk hard i learned from my co workers we will get more done as a team.
Pros
the H R the are the Best they will listen to you and fix your worrys
Cons
Healthcare the eployees lunch on saturdays
Prestigious Place to Work
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2016
I will forever have a place for the Ritz-Carlton Residences.
It's all about the quality life for the resident. Working environment was a very positive experience. Staff is great, location is amazing; DTLA LA LIVE.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Salary; have to keep a distance between staff and resident
Beautiful Resort
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZDecember 31, 2015
High stress job with minimal support from new management. Loved interaction with guests and being able to make their stay extra special by providing supreme guest service. Planning their action by finding excellent entertainment, restaurants and tourist attractions in the Tucson area.The other concierge workers were wonderful partners and truly enjoyed my time with them. The hardest part of my day was not being able to sit down at all. We were standing on Spanish tile floors in heels without cushioned mats. We asked to have a stool to sit on when not interacting with guests but were denied. My most enjoyable part of my job was making lasting friendships with fellow Cast Members.
Pros
Tips from Jeep Tour Drivers
Cons
Standing on Spanish Tile Floors
Extensive training
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Singer Island, FLMay 14, 2016
Will give during a personal interview. Toughest part of the job is the over extensive report processes that do not allow much time to meet owners, guests and my team. I've learned a whole new service culture.
Robin
Utility Steward (Current Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLApril 17, 2016
Robin day at work is up lifting my coworkers so we can get the best from them. Making my coworkers smile is the best part of my day you can never understand what they go thru but to make them feel like something is the best feeling ever.
awesome company
Pool attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 17, 2015
typical day at job, you get there, you start setting the chairs and wait for people to go to the pool and give them whatever day need, some of them tip, some of them don't but that is part of the job.
i learn the importance of a service well given and how it influence in the experience of the customer.
Managers do their best for being your friends and help you with the difficulties you face.
co-wokers know how to do team work so you are going to be fine.
hardest part of the job is when they ask you to move an umbrella because they are freaking heavy.
the most enjoyable part is the tips.
Great company who truly cares about its employees and customers
Senior Assistant Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2016
They are the definition of luxury! From the way they treat their guests to the way they treat their employees! It is a fun work environment and always surrounded by good people!
fun place
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLJune 8, 2016
awesome place to work at must love helping people and must have strong customer service skills. must like face paced work and like to smile positive people around you all the time
Great experience
Externship as a Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2016
At Ritz Carlton I was an extern to complete my degree. I enjoyed the work as an assistance chef. Working with a chef was rewarding and a learning experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not full time job
fun place to work, with a nice invaroment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Corner, VADecember 18, 2015
starting early morning seting up the coffee break for the meeting rooms. making sure the room is ready set for succesful meeting.
working as a team is very important if we want the jab to be done on time,
I enjoy when a meeting or event planer give to my boss a good coment about my performing during her or his meeting period.
Pros
excelent enviroment
Cons
health insurance
I would not recommend
Member Services Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2015
When you first start, you get the company credo, employee promise, and service values. They are fantastic! The implementation of them is seriously lacking. After the initial new employee feeling wore off, the leadership seemed to be reluctant to fight for you if you had a problem or question. They are great people but don't seem to take what the brand says to heart. You are also secluded from the rest of the Marriott family making it difficult to even make lateral moves.
Pros
Hotel benefits, health care, and security
Cons
lack of leadership and no way to advance in the department or out of the department
l would tell my friends to book a night at the hotel
Housekeeping/Turn Down Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
l cleaned rooms and replaced toiletries help the guests see if the guest needs anything wild there stay at our hotel and to make there night go smooth.

4.5