The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Poor people only making them feel worse
A guest (Former Employee) –  Visited. ManyAugust 4, 2017
How is a person supposed to live on 12 or 14 dollars an hour especially based on the cost of living in these areas ! I can't lmagine what a lovely resort style place they work over time hours to pay the bills - are they all illegals ? Or from Mexico !? Then they have to send half home buy some beans and rice and live like a squatter they should be proud and feel successful - do you offer your employees higher adult education , litercy classes , cuts in housing ???
A place where Ladies and Gentlemen are serving Ladies and Gentlemen.
Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
I start my day at 7:00 am in the morning ,I clock in , conduct a line up with my team(Line up is what going on in the hotel through the day and the occupancy,I log onto my computer read and respond to my emails.Follow up with any guest calls.Update any documents that needs to be updated,Conduct a short training with various departments.Forward a summary of what I did throughout the day,attend the morning meeting with management.I create a work environment of team work.The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with my co works and working together to complete certain task.
Union carpenter
Lead man (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAAugust 3, 2017
I was a union carpenter working at the Ritz-Carlton when they closed the doors due to money problems. they sent everyone home and never called us back.
Pros
union work
Cons
to far away to work.
Great for Cogs
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 2, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton is very well-known brand. If conforming to their ideology is something that you can get behind, then more power to you. I myself felt like I was pretending to be someone else for forty hours a week. Even great pay can't replace individuality.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Little to know individuality
Outstanding Company
Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
Outstanding Company
Company empowers employees to provide outstanding guest experiences and memorable moments. Highest standards in the industry for customer service.
beautiful Hotel, great people
House Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
As a security officer I'd patrol the Hotel, man the lobby for the protection of guests and their property as they are checking in and out. Assure all security/safety and fire regulations were followed by employees. Daily incident and activity reports. hardest part would be the constant standing at times. The best parts is the friendly people you meet and their gratitude for your being there to protect them.
By far...a Favorite job and organization to be affiliated with!
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2017
I started with this company in an entry level position in the heart of the house. I worked had, learned all I could and was recognized for my work and accomplishments.
I had many opportunities to learn, grow and advance, which I did for a total of 17 years. The opportunities and the experience are incomparable and I would love an opportunity to do it again.
Pros
Environment, Employee Engagement, Corporate Culture of Caring for internal and external customers
Cons
Change in ownership and senior leadership
We have fun with ping
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pentagon CityJuly 29, 2017
High place to work. Wonderful Management.
Good team members.
Standard guests services.
Most enjoyable part was omelet station
Restaurant, In Room Dining and Banquet Service.
• Utilized diverse cooking techniques to prepare special occasion meals for formal dinners, wedding receptions and brunch.
• Excellent customer service at food stations.
Love the Ritz!
Banquets Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 28, 2017
Great hospitality to work for, beautiful to settings and the people who I worked with were awesome and I would work for them again. You have to opportunity to grow here
Excellent work place.
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33154July 26, 2017
Here is were I started my career in the security industry. Manager was very supported and instrumental in coaching. Staff support was phenomenal. Work environment super sweet.
Pros
Free meals for employees.
Cons
None.
good company
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 23, 2017
one of the best jobs I have had. nice management team that is willing to work with you and get you everything you need to be successful. raises are there
Productive work place
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 20, 2017
The Ritz Carlton Hotel make a lot of lovely experiences to their customers and always be pending on what they need to feel comfortable and have happy memories on their vacations or honey moon.
Excellent place to work
Departmental Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rose Hall, JMJuly 19, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel was one of my favorite place of work. The working environment was impeccable. Management were supportive, encouraging and did what was best for the employees.

Employees were able to grow in their career because the culture fosters growth and upward mobility. Its a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Nice lunch room and free lunch.
Pretty good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 18, 2017
Great experience, learned a lot on how to talk and treat guest. Work is setting up guest with a great experience for their hotel night stays. Luxury brand to work for, everyone is very polite.
very exciting place to work
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2017
I work with a lot of amazing people great benefits . love everything about the company.ladies and gentlemen respect each other and the teamwork is amazing also showing genuine care for the guest love how the employees own and immediately resolve guest problems
Great Company
Fine Dining Server, Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 16, 2017
The Ritz is second to none when it comes to treating their employees and their customers. It was a great place to start out a career and would have stayed for a more "corporate role".
Director of Sales, Catering
Senior Sales Manager, Catering (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
This rating is not reflective of my experience with MOST Ritz-Carlton properties.

Opening Team
Long Days associated with Opening Team
8:30 to 8:30 most days
Management - at the time 50/50
Hardest part of the job (everyone worked in silo. One or two people controlled the working atmosphere (negatively) in the entire area.
High Stress/High Demand/High Maintenance
You were constantly in the thick of all things in Los Angeles, Red Carpet Events, Special Events
Pros
Beautiful offices, cafeteria, really great work associates
Cons
Nature of the location - 24/7; hard to find work/life balance
Just do your job as assigned when assigned
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJuly 14, 2017
Could be a great organization if the superiors treated subordinates with respect and professional integrity. After spending a year on the job its what you make of it that determines your longevity.
Pros
Uniform services, shift meals, discounts.
Cons
Short breaks that requires you to leave immediately when assignment arise, dishonest management members
Pastry Cook 1 & Learning coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2017
If your looking for a career in the hospitality industry look no further than the Ritz-Carlton. It can demand a lot from you, but it really is the best place to work in this field.
Pros
free lunch, paid time off, discounts
Cons
last min schedule changes, turnover, long hours, holidays, weekends
Good company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  DallasJuly 13, 2017
Overall my experience started out good. The atmosphere was welcoming, staff was friendy enough, and my boss was excellent. But the longer I was there I started to notice that some things were not as good as they seemed. Starting with communication or lack there of on a daily basis. Some of the management was friendly, but some of the restaurant managers/ expeditor, sous chef, was rude and arrogant. It seemed as if some of the staff that had been there a while and had leadership positions felt superior to the new staff, and thus they did not have to communicate with us or treat us fairly in company matters. Come to find out, I was not the only one who had the same concerns and issues, as I had other friends in other departments who said that they had the same experiences as well. It eventually came down to too much drama and mess in the workplace, and was once looked & felt like a great place to work was soon bleak. For the amount of workl load that you do in the kitchen department with little pay. It can be very exhausting. Since my resignation, I have heard rumors of management in the retauarant department in particular amongst other issues have not improved and in some cases have worsened. But I can not either confirm or deny those claims, since I have not been there. Generally speaking this is an ok company to work for, and there are pros and cons of working here. Still I think I had a reasonably better experience working here than I have at other sites doing the same job in the food and beverage industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5