The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Great opportunities for growth, high standards, builds leaders
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2016
Service excellence is of the utmost importance. Here we strive to provide the finest services with a relaxed yet refined ambience. You're always pushed to do better, deliver your best, and seek new ways to innovate & improve.
Pros
Great pay, great team members
Cons
even when they're wrong, they're right- the guests; much heavier emphasis on guest's satisfaction than employees'
pleasant work environment
Engineering and facilities Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2015
Good work force with room for advancement learning and growth opportunities All within a pleasant work environment with professional ladies and gentlemen.
Pros
free lunch, flexibility, benefits
Cons
work schedule
Knowledgeable enviroment
Food runner, Banquet server, Host (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, FLOctober 12, 2015
Very time consuming and many meetings which yes make us a great team and the meetings make sure we are all on the same page but very hard to obtain hours and the compensation could be better for the amount of time required to attend these meetings.
Amazing experience.
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 21, 2015
Great enviorment all around with terrific benefits. Get to meet people from around the world and the hotel culture. Very great company with amazing people.
Great Pastry Team
Pastry Cook III (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 2, 2015
Compensation is low. Benefits are expensive. Pastry team is awesome! Not a lot of growth potential. Very diverse. Lots of attitude. High stress for some results in poor attitude.
Food server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FlJuly 20, 2015
The Ritz Carlton Golf Resort of NapIes is a five diamond Hotel, families oriented with thee busy restaurants and several activities specially for kids. Shuttle available for transportation and tours. One of the biggest place for the Golfers to be in Naples. Great benefits for employees, a dedicated management. A multi cultural environnement makes it a very fun place to work.
Pros
all day dining room for free
Cons
very slow during summer
Great company with high standards
Bell Captain (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZAugust 22, 2016
Company invests much in their associates. Team atmosphere is very good. Pay is fair and within local guidelines of other high end properties. I loved the teamwork of the front of the house. Everyone working toward a single goal. The hours could be long at times but there are also off season that was slower so you could recharge your batteries.
Five Star Hotel, with a 100 years of history
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Served as manager on duty overseeing all aspects of Guest Services ensuring that the highest level of hospitality and service was provided. Represented property management in resolving any guest related situations, managed the flow of questions, tracked direct guest services within the hotel. Supported H.R. in recruitment efforts.
No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island is a horrible place to work. The amount of work you have to put in does not reflect your pay. The management in every department, all the way up to the General Manager is horrible. If you have any family or have a family that you want to see, don't waste your time on this establishment because they will have you work ridiculous hours. Always a high turnover rate because of how poorly the establishment is ran.
Pros
Free lunch, not always edible but free
Cons
Work/life balance, incompetent management, high turnover + understaffed= ridiculous work load
Great workplace
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDSeptember 23, 2015
The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton are amazing. The work is challenging, but in a good way. The people are smart & are motivated by their authentic dedication to service as well as going above and beyond for their guests and each other.
Pros
First Class
Cons
Compensation is below average
Living and Breathing The Ritz-Carlton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 26, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton is truly a place that feels like home. From Management to Supervisors to the Employees. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the Best Companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
The hardest part of working with the Ritz-Carlton is the inconsistent work hours; but that came with my position as a Banquet Server. I absolutely loved every aspect of my position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Inconsistant Work Schedule
A Great Work Place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  cleveland,ohioOctober 6, 2015
Love the guest as well as the staff. Have learned alot in my 17 years here. Just looking to get into bartending. That what I really like doing.
Pros
free lunch, Benefits, takes me less ten min to get to work. Discounted parking
Cons
dont have any
Enjoyable environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Working there had been one of the most exhilarating times of my working career. There was nothing quite like working in an environment with a special clientele and excellent management. Working in there outdoor environment the restaurant could go from completely empty, to filled and exciting with an eclectic assortment of people in ten minutes flat.

The management was responsive to issues that arose and were willing to help out at a moment's notice.

The co-workers were hard-working and professional, and were just an all-around great group of people to be working with, always a plus with people that I would often be spending 40+ hours with.

The view was second to none, as it was overlooking the ocean, and the clientele was always exciting and different.
Pros
the view, the compensation, the clientele
Cons
last-minute schedules being posted
Fun and Family
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I have learned many things from management and co-workers. Everyone was unique and we all treated each other with respect. Occasionally on the holidays, the manager would make something special for the employees. For example, i went to work on thanksgiving day and the staff had some turkey and food for us. It was important that we got along as family.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Shifts feels like all day
just ok
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Long hours running for cars in the whatever the weather happens to be that day.Split tips with your co-workers. A lot of favorites. Overall good money but, not really worth the stress if you can find something better.
Beautiful Resort
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZDecember 31, 2015
High stress job with minimal support from new management. Loved interaction with guests and being able to make their stay extra special by providing supreme guest service. Planning their action by finding excellent entertainment, restaurants and tourist attractions in the Tucson area.The other concierge workers were wonderful partners and truly enjoyed my time with them. The hardest part of my day was not being able to sit down at all. We were standing on Spanish tile floors in heels without cushioned mats. We asked to have a stool to sit on when not interacting with guests but were denied. My most enjoyable part of my job was making lasting friendships with fellow Cast Members.
Pros
Tips from Jeep Tour Drivers
Cons
Standing on Spanish Tile Floors
fun place great people
Banquet Cook 3 /Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2016
great place to learn, good management team very diverse. lots of culture. everyone works well together great teamwork
Great Place to advance
PBX Agent (Former Employee) –  Avon, COSeptember 1, 2015
I got bored easily at this job, There was no windows in my office and I was always alone. The manager had a personal issue with me and wouldn't give me good hours. Other then that all other areas of the hotel were great and would defiantly work here again.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No real Shedule
Fun place to work,Building relationships with owner you see everyday
Doorman (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2015
1) Same routine everyday, different day. unless there is any events going on.
2) It doesn't happen to often but we have learning experiences here and there such as CPR.
3) We are such a small team here at The Ritz-Carlton Residences that in my conclusion, as we get hired they tend to focus a lot on team bonding and making sure you get a long with others, because I believe we all do. Management and employees all work as one.
4) I don't think anything is hard, I see it all as a challenge that you have to get done.
5) Honestly I think what I enjoy the most about this job is that I get to build a relationship with the residents and I get to help out on anything that I can. Exactly why I am in the hospitality business.
Pros
discounts in certain hotels, benefits
Cons
no cafeteria/ food place available in the building, going in and out on the cold, no opportunity to grow at this location
A diverse and exciting work environmet
Director of Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIJuly 13, 2015
Five Star service provider and a great organization to work for. Provided a great work environment for employees and was a great learning environment on how to provide the highest levels of service.
Pros
diverse work environment, great pay and benefits
Cons
limitied opportunities for advancement

4.5