The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Five Star Hotel, with a 100 years of history
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
Served as manager on duty overseeing all aspects of Guest Services ensuring that the highest level of hospitality and service was provided. Represented property management in resolving any guest related situations, managed the flow of questions, tracked direct guest services within the hotel. Supported H.R. in recruitment efforts.
Productive, fun, have a basketball court
Room Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2016
A Typical work day at the Ritz Carlton Hotel is exciting.Mangement and co-worker's are really nice. U are being treated with respect. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job is when guest comes to the hotel and just had a bad
Day or flight and some guest can be very nice and then u have some guests are just rude and disrespectful, but yet we still as
Ladies and gentlemen still have to make that guest feel like they are at home, still give the proper respect and yet, knowing that u not going to get the respect back in return can be very hard. But yet
You at the end of the day it's about the guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is just putting a smile on the guest face and just making them feel like their at home. Giving the smile and going over and beyond to make the guessed happy to keep them coming back. The Ritz Carlton is a 5 star Hotel and it's
Lives up to that 5 star. Wonderful company.
Pros
Free Lunch, discount parking, located in the mall, nice view of lake & city
Cons
Short Breaks, different shifts, not steady shifts
understaffed and somewhat friendly work environment
HR Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  bahrainNovember 15, 2016
although it is a rich company, they do not invest in a quality office space and they are extremely understaffed trying to save money for the company when obviously the company can do better, which cause overtime work and more stress to employees.
Pros
Good people
Cons
although it is a rich company, they do not invest in a quality office space.
Un Buen trato de trabajo y te dan la oportunidad de trabajar con ellos.
Cocina (Current Employee) –  Isla Verde, PRSeptember 30, 2016
Bueno, es bueno el trabajo en la cocina conoces gente nueva es un Ambiente familiar es tu familia en el trabajo. Al llegar al trabajo bajo presion. Lidiar con la presion de los jefes durante meses el mantenimiento es bueno, exelente dia tras dia mis companeros son como una familia en el trabajo. Ganarse a los companeros y ganarse a los jefes. La mas divertida es trabajar en conjunto y en familia.
Pros
Los pros buenos son, el trato del contrato, los break, etc...
Cons
Los contras son, el poco tiempo libre, mucha presion, etc...
Excellent benefits, sub-par management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall, a great place to work especially for mid-career or college grad advancement. Most in housekeeping, stewarding, residences, and in-room dining stay for 10 + years. FOH operations cycle through employees every 1-3. Many stay for the experience and name to apply for better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Free employee dining, benefits, location
Excellent company and benifits
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Avondale, COJanuary 10, 2017
This company has an excellent work environment.. The empowerment they offer tho the ladies and gentleman is above and beyond any company I have ever worked forin my 30 years of experience.
Genuine Care & Comfort of Employees is the Highest Mission
Event Coordinator/Wedding Consultant (Current Employee) –  The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia IslandJune 30, 2016
Continuous opportunity to learn and grow. Customer service oriented company, Upper management receptive to employees suggestions and ideas. Lateral opportunities to assist other departments available.
Productive and fun work place
Club Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 29, 2016
The best place I have been apart of, very good hard working people I worked for. They make sure your well feed and also give you the opportunity to learn any and every department you would like to work in to figure out if that's what you wanna be or choose other wise
Pros
Great people
Cons
No cons at all
Great Team Work Environment
Front Office, Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The Ritz Carlton was a great experience. The teamwork aspect is huge in a hospitality/customer service industry in a large hotel.

Management is very different depending on the department, however, relationships are very easy to build with managers as you are constantly interacting with almost every department when working in the front office.

The only downside to the company is the chance for advancement. There is very little available within the hotel you are at; when a position does become available, there are many people that have been waiting their chance to apply for that spot and will be considered before anyone who has not been with company as long. The company is large and expands globally; so a position may be sought after by hundreds of people within the company.

I enjoyed my experience with the Ritz Carlton thoroughly. The cultural is amazing to be a part of, and the customer service experience I developed is applicable in all work environments. I highly recommend this company for anyone looking for experience in customer service and a close teamwork environment.
The best
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
My dream job: you love what you do, you can grow within an amazing company, you meet people from all over the world, you are surrounded by the best service, you are THE service.
Pros
free lunches, free classes, transfer to different departments
Cons
short breaks, always on your toes
Good freindly work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 13, 2016
a typical day at work is office work then on the floors checking behind co-workers. We have times when we have to work with what we have when our machine in the laundry beaks down. What I enjoy about working here is getting to know people from all over the world.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
schedule changes
Professional diverse friendly atmosphere
In Room Dining Server Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Certainly no walk in the park. Must have integrity, patience, and most importantly respect for others. Must be polished at all times with a smile from ear to ear when engaging with guest
great culinary staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 5, 2016
Long work hours, not great pay, but the learning opportunities. Chefs are fabulous. great co-workers, everyone gets along great and works well together.
Pros
free employee cafeteria, decent benefits, great staff to work with
Cons
long long hours during peak season, off season scary. pay could be better
Not a nice place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZApril 23, 2016
The Ritz makes a big deal out of themselves when you get hired, and you actually think that it might be a good place to work, until you start. I will say that their full time benefits are good, but they are expensive. Other than that, this place leaves a lot to be desired, and I'm being kind. I worked in the lobby bar and it was ridiculous-no busser or food runner and the smallest kitchen, all in the busiest outlet in the hotel- really nice planning... It shows how concerned the Ritz is about their people- not at all. They try to hire younger, good looking people mostly, but the ability of these types is usually sub par, which wouldn't have been so bad if you got to keep the tips you earned, but they pool the tips to reward the least productive, at the expense of the harder workers. Very clicky there between employees also, I saw everything from employees 'sleeping' with their coworkers and even guests while on the clock, to people drinking on the job, to captains leaving their assigned outlets to do similar deeds. Upper Management is not ethical there, as they engaged in the same behavior. (In 2015 their Core manager and it's Sommelier were canned for making Core's extensive wine catalog their own personal after-work watering hole. This would have been bad enough, but the Ritz upper management actually tried to save their manager and pin all the blame on the Sommelier, and it almost worked except for the vigilance of the security personnel.) Overall the Ritz Dove Mountain is a bad place to work, with unethical management who could care less about you. The only positive is  more... the benefits, but these exist only because the Ritz is owned by Marriott, one of the biggest hotel chains in the world which owns 14 other hotel brands as well.  less
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Unethical management and culture
Great Culture and good benefits
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 21, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton has a strong culture and great benefits. Also, it provides a great life balance with flexible schedules.
Typical day at work
Food and Beverage Supervisor/ Beach Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I was in charge of managing my department and employees. I would arrive to work daily, about one hour before my staff, so I could prepare for my line up and morning meetings. I would walk my area to ensure proper set ups standards and then conduct line up. I would be on the floor interacting with guests and employees during my shift. My office work would wait until close.
Pros
Work environment, staff and support systems
Cons
NA
World-class ski resort hotel situated on Beaver Creek Mountain in the Vail Valley
Director of Finance & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJuly 14, 2016
Outstanding luxury property in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Exceptional leadership and world class guest service, coupled with an amazing employee culture!
Good Company
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 5, 2016
Serve food and beverages. Answer questions on menu, communicate with the kitchen regarding any special needs. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas. Present check to guest and process payment. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, polish silverware,etc.
family friendly and supportive work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2016
i loved working for this company. they cared about their employees and their families. the hardest part about working there was not having a set schedule especially after having my son.
Pros
fun and supportive
Cons
no set schedules
Endless Opportunity
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Being able to work for a 5 star Luxury brand hotel has taught me how to deliver customer service at the highest level. At the Ritz Carlton we take ownership of a customer issue and resolve it immediately. Great company and growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5