The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

its a ok place
steward (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no control
good pay just bad management corprate does not know whats goin with the property just a zoo
Love it
Housekeeping Residences Manager (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: long commute
I absolutely loved working here, the culture was great, "we are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen."
Overall Rating 3 Stars
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no meal breaks
Overall Ratings 3 Stars. Ritz Carlton hotel is very excellent company itself but the high image of the Ritz Carlton was damaged when Marriott Company took over.
Excellent
Bartender /Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: best place to ever work at
Cons: family time.
Working for the Ritz was amazing. I had the pleasure of working at two different properties. Had a chance to work to work in the Virgin Islands.
Very detail oriented a business focused hotel company. Diversity is valued at the highest level.
Complex Director of Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2014
The Ritz-Carlton is a place where the opportunities are endless if you are willing to put in hard work and long hours. It will prepare you for a very rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
It was a wonderful experience working there
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Naples, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Working at the Ritz was a wonderful experience. They have all the qualities that needed in a business to make it function at its best. From managers down to the smallest position showed respect to one and all. I have learned customer service to the highest level working at the Ritz.If anyone had any grudge you have to keep it to yourself cause it was – more... not atolerated there.. Again it was my pleasure working at the Ritz. – less
Turndown Attendant (Former Employee), Marana, AZJanuary 7, 2014
It was a wonderful and comfortable workplace. My coworkers and supervisors were very nice. I met different people from different parts of the world; both interns and guests.
experiences
loss prevention (Former Employee), puerto ricoJanuary 7, 2014
Conduct enforcement and protective duties to ensure guests and team members’ safety and security of property.

Respond to all emergency conditions like safety hazards, fire, threats to life or property etc.

Comply with legislated and company safety along with environmental rules and regulations.

Coordinate medical surveillance agenda inclusive of – more... audiometric, drug as well as alcohol testing.

Conduct regular inspections of fire extinguishers, fire alarms and sprinkler systems – less
meet interesting customers
Club Concierge (Former Employee), arlington vaJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: helped people
Cons: some customers were very difficult
job was great
overall training
attended customers needs
,made sure they were happy
Awesome place to work
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Clayton, MODecember 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch, working with people from different cultures, the feeling good about your self at the end of the day.
Cons: i found there was a platue when wanting to advance.
Meeting and greeting our guest, teaching safe practices, diverse atmosphere, happy friendly environment. I received my CPR?AED certification, CLSO certification, and many other skills through our e learning system. I really progressed here with team work, helping other departments when needed. All of the employees were easy going and an absolute delight – more... to be around. The hardest part of this job was escorting employees from property for being terminated. engaging with our guest and employees was rewarding. – less
Never worked at such an amazing place
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2013
Great team members, learned to be confterble with my self and learned what a job really is.
Company is one of the best places I have ever worked
Server/Telephone Service Agent (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch; uniforms dry cleaned; lockers; excellent insurance and 401k
Cons: very limited advancement; no room to grow
I started in Loss Prevention; in this area I secured doors, common areas; patrolled buildings and the grounds; and was committed to providing the best customer service.
I then moved into a position as manager in training for the Residences; and most of my duties involved the legal aspect of managing the property; the community association and all other – more... administrative duties that entailed.
Then moved into the food & beverage area as server and telephone agent for In Room Dining. – less
Dynamic workplace with opportunity to learn and grow.
Engineering Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CADecember 17, 2013
Every day presented a situation from which I learned how to better interact with guests and/or employees. My team was comprised of individuals from several different ethnic backgrounds and education levels, allowing me to use a variety of leadership methods to get the job done. Management was very fair and professional.
Excellent
Group Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee), HomeDecember 16, 2013
I have been a part of the Ritz Carlton/Marriott family for many years. I cannot stress what an amazing company this is to work for.
They have truly gone above and beyond for me.
best place to work
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: extensive long hours
Team work within the hotel with all staff. Leader in the hospitality industry that is committed to legendary service.
great place to work!
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Avon, CODecember 11, 2013
I learned so much! Everyone was so nice and helpful. It felt like my home away from home.
Laid back place with good benefits.
TSA (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 26, 2013
I like the people I work with. Good hotel discounts and free lunch. Not the best food, but free.
Great Company
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 23, 2013
Great Company , Great Benefits, Hospitality , Safety and security of the staff is a priority. Great Team Members , Great place to work.
Best Customer Service Training
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), McLean, VANovember 10, 2013
Pros: free parking, uniform cleaning, employee dining room
Cons: be prepared for lots of training, and the drive in can be a bear.
This company trains every employee in customer service, which is more than some other 5 star hotels I've encountered. They also encourage recognizing your coworkers through out the year. A work day here is long and demanding. If you want to work for them, know they expect the best from you and all those you work with, but they also empower you to solve – more... problems, offer free parking, uniform cleaning, and an employee dining room. Management is very approachable. The hardest part of the job is making certain each guest is taken care of completely; it is also the most enjoyable, because you get to personally effect so many guests lives. – less
Great Leadership Development Company
The Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great training and learning environment
Cons: no cons
Loved working with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. The Company has a solid cuture and great standards.

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more