The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

FIVE STAR FIVE DIMOND
Concierge, The Residences (Former Employee), Coconut Grove, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: complimentry stays at any of the hotels and resorts in the ritz family
The name says it all, exceptional work ethic and mistic.The allure only THE RITZ could deliver.
Great overall company to work for!
Line cook for dinner service (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2014
Pros: cost of living raises and yearly reviews.
Cons: a man belongs in the kitchen, not a woman!
The company values and ethics of this company are amazing. I dealt with a complete kitchen overhaul, so I have a bias opinion. I learned so much about cooking and was trained very well then new chefs came in and that all changed for the worse. Quality of food and employment went down.
Beautiful environment with lots of action
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Half Moon BayMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: schedules
I love working at the hotel because it is a beautiful place and provides great service. Working in Banquets is difficult physical work with lots of stress and at the end we get to show our guests the best of us. The management struggles to keep our standards up with the help of the staff. The staff is great although because of lack of initiative or – more... lack of opportunity many people are disgruntled at times. The hardest part of the job is the hours they are unpredictable week to week. The most enjoyable part of the job is making guests happy. – less
Laundry Attendant, Valet Cashier and PBX
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Handling customer issues.
Processing Debit/Credit Cards
Handling Large amounts of money.
Handling Guest clothing.
Pressing and washing linens.
Inventory
Folding Towels
Making wake up calls
At times handle 200 hundred calls per day
Great company to work with. Looks after thier employees and has a high level of standards
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), Truckee, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: attention to detail
One of the best companies I have worked with. Learned every aspect of fine dining service and weddings. This is were I learned attention to detail. Ritz Carlton employees are a family unit. I started with the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua HI and stayed with them for 12 years.
Administrative/Executive Assistant Duties
Front Desk Representative / Assistant to Hotel GM (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great friends/family rate all ritz carlton marriott properties
Cons: low wages
Oversaw a wide variety of administrative functions, supporting projects and information processes compiled and analyzed data from monthly reports to prepare manager for opening sales day answering PBX meridian phone systems. I developed internal correspondence that facilitated effective communication and transfer of information between offices.
A very unique place to work.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 12, 2014
The Ritz Carlton is a very unique place to work, but in a good way. The focus is always on the guest experience and the ladies and gentleman that work there take this very seriously. I learned the value and benefit of the art of apologizing while there, as well as refining my guest service skills.
GOOD WORK PLACE
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Westchester, NYFebruary 11, 2014
I enjoyed my job people are great I met a lot of important people
Empowering environment
Attendant - Spa (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches
Cons: difficult to obtain ft status and benefits
Team work is everything.
We are ladies & gentlemen serving ladies & gentlemen.
Guidance team is always helpful and available.
Co-workers are second family.
Hardest part of the job is its physically taxing nature.
Best part are the perks of the company.
its a ok place
steward (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no control
good pay just bad management corprate does not know whats goin with the property just a zoo
Love it
Housekeeping Residences Manager (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: long commute
I absolutely loved working here, the culture was great, "we are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen."
Overall Rating 3 Stars
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no meal breaks
Overall Ratings 3 Stars. Ritz Carlton hotel is very excellent company itself but the high image of the Ritz Carlton was damaged when Marriott Company took over.
Excellent
Bartender /Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: best place to ever work at
Cons: family time.
Working for the Ritz was amazing. I had the pleasure of working at two different properties. Had a chance to work to work in the Virgin Islands.
Very detail oriented a business focused hotel company. Diversity is valued at the highest level.
Complex Director of Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2014
The Ritz-Carlton is a place where the opportunities are endless if you are willing to put in hard work and long hours. It will prepare you for a very rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
It was a wonderful experience working there
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Naples, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Working at the Ritz was a wonderful experience. They have all the qualities that needed in a business to make it function at its best. From managers down to the smallest position showed respect to one and all. I have learned customer service to the highest level working at the Ritz.If anyone had any grudge you have to keep it to yourself cause it was – more... not atolerated there.. Again it was my pleasure working at the Ritz. – less
Turndown Attendant (Former Employee), Marana, AZJanuary 7, 2014
It was a wonderful and comfortable workplace. My coworkers and supervisors were very nice. I met different people from different parts of the world; both interns and guests.
experiences
loss prevention (Former Employee), puerto ricoJanuary 7, 2014
Conduct enforcement and protective duties to ensure guests and team members’ safety and security of property.

Respond to all emergency conditions like safety hazards, fire, threats to life or property etc.

Comply with legislated and company safety along with environmental rules and regulations.

Coordinate medical surveillance agenda inclusive of – more... audiometric, drug as well as alcohol testing.

Conduct regular inspections of fire extinguishers, fire alarms and sprinkler systems – less
meet interesting customers
Club Concierge (Former Employee), arlington vaJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: helped people
Cons: some customers were very difficult
job was great
overall training
attended customers needs
,made sure they were happy
Awesome place to work
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Clayton, MODecember 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch, working with people from different cultures, the feeling good about your self at the end of the day.
Cons: i found there was a platue when wanting to advance.
Meeting and greeting our guest, teaching safe practices, diverse atmosphere, happy friendly environment. I received my CPR?AED certification, CLSO certification, and many other skills through our e learning system. I really progressed here with team work, helping other departments when needed. All of the employees were easy going and an absolute delight – more... to be around. The hardest part of this job was escorting employees from property for being terminated. engaging with our guest and employees was rewarding. – less
Never worked at such an amazing place
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2013
Great team members, learned to be confterble with my self and learned what a job really is.

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more