The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

the beast Hotel
Food Runner///Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
THere is no place like THE RITZ Carlton
every one is like Family ,ITS very clean in the back of the house I come to work we all say good morning.!I wrk for Many hotels most of then you see dirt every were ther back of the houes is scary BUT not at THE RITZ, GUYS YOU ROCK! I work with a great managment team i wrk in serving the gust , as a server the hardest part of my job is there is no full time Jobs THe best part of my enjoyableof my job is when the gust gives me a great THank YOU! for aGreat time my co workers work hard , they to have everything Right. perfect, I have learn from managment its pays to wrk hard i learned from my co workers we will get more done as a team.
Pros
the H R the are the Best they will listen to you and fix your worrys
Cons
Healthcare the eployees lunch on saturdays
Great workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Fabulous company to work for, opportunities to grow and advance. Allows employees to always learn and grow. There is room for advancement, if you so choose to advance. Great employees benefits.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
365 days a year, 24 hours a day
Informational
Mantenance (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 9, 2016
I learned how to work with floors. I'm an artist and I found myself interested on learning to work with floors. I self-taught myself the process by doing research and asking the seniors at the workplace and now I teach others to do the job.
Young, fun and relaxing atmosphere to work
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I've had this job since I started college and it has been nothing but wonderful to me. Great, flexible hours during school year, while offering tons of hours during summer time. Atmosphere is relaxing and fun. Employees were all near the same age group and which made it easier to get through a long, hot summer day. Work was hard, but not unmanageable. Great college job.
Pros
Free lunch, great hotel benefits
Cons
long days, hot days, will tire you out
Best Hotel In the World
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kapalua, HIJanuary 7, 2016
make reservations
send confirmations of reservations
Engage with guests about our programs
open and close center
care for the animals at the center
Send revenue reports each day to accounting
Work with concierge staff in hotel
Send pictures to guests from adventures
Coordinate transportation for guests for activities
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer
inquiries and complaints.
Send emails to hotel for record keeping
Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash
receipts, or in performing services for customers.
Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality
goods.
Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions
as advertised.
Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and
displays and selling merchandise.
Assign employees to specific duties.
Plan budgets and authorize payments and merchandise returns.
Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time
cards.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short break
Excellent Company
Executive Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Sanya, Hainan, ChinaDecember 31, 2015
If you desire to offer only the best, every day, to every guest, then The Ritz-Carlton should be your career goal. Our ladies and gents truly show commitment each and every day.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Beautiful Resort
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZDecember 31, 2015
High stress job with minimal support from new management. Loved interaction with guests and being able to make their stay extra special by providing supreme guest service. Planning their action by finding excellent entertainment, restaurants and tourist attractions in the Tucson area.The other concierge workers were wonderful partners and truly enjoyed my time with them. The hardest part of my day was not being able to sit down at all. We were standing on Spanish tile floors in heels without cushioned mats. We asked to have a stool to sit on when not interacting with guests but were denied. My most enjoyable part of my job was making lasting friendships with fellow Cast Members.
Pros
Tips from Jeep Tour Drivers
Cons
Standing on Spanish Tile Floors
Productive, cordial and fun work place.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
My personal motto is: [ When your early your on time- When your on time your late and when your late your out of commission].. I arrive a little before my due time to assist with any pressing situation my coworkers may have [ i.e. if its unusually busy or if I'm needed in any other capacity before I start my shift.
What I've learned is never take a complaint personally and to relax and recharge on my days off.
The management team has an open door policy and will go above and beyond to please its employees, and always willing to assist you with cross training if you show interest in doing so.
My coworkers will always assist each other if a particular day is needed aside from their assigned schedule.
The hardest part of my job is the feeling of disappointment when someone within the company drops the ball.
The most enjoyable part of my job is moving heaven and earth to please our guests.
Pros
Being assigned accomodations within the hotel if your working a double shift.
Cons
How the issued uniform shirts feel against your skin.
great structered working facility
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2015
Working for the Ritz Carlton was an eye opening experience. It taught patience, hard work, and how to be independent. The Ritz Carlton is a fantastic company to work for. They really take great care of their guests, as well as workers.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
no overtime in certain departments
Intern (Former Employee) –  19th and k street nw washington dcDecember 23, 2015
I really like this job. It"s a fast paced job in the kitchen. I worked the banquet, garden mange and also restaurant. I liked prepping high volume.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun place to work, with a nice invaroment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Corner, VADecember 18, 2015
starting early morning seting up the coffee break for the meeting rooms. making sure the room is ready set for succesful meeting.
working as a team is very important if we want the jab to be done on time,
I enjoy when a meeting or event planer give to my boss a good coment about my performing during her or his meeting period.
Pros
excelent enviroment
Cons
health insurance
positive vibe
J1 Trainee (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 18, 2015
chef give the empowerment to do my level best and give the best service to the guest.learned how to cook in bulk for banquet
everyhour was enjoyable part of job.management take care of us very well.co workers are very helpful.there was no hardest part in bachelor gukch ,everything was so well planned
Pros
free lunches
awesome company
Pool attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 17, 2015
typical day at job, you get there, you start setting the chairs and wait for people to go to the pool and give them whatever day need, some of them tip, some of them don't but that is part of the job.
i learn the importance of a service well given and how it influence in the experience of the customer.
Managers do their best for being your friends and help you with the difficulties you face.
co-wokers know how to do team work so you are going to be fine.
hardest part of the job is when they ask you to move an umbrella because they are freaking heavy.
the most enjoyable part is the tips.
nice
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2015
cool place, cool people, nice environment, nice management too, friendly co workers, great location, they take care of employees
fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Key Biscayne, FLDecember 14, 2015
Working at the Ritz hotel was a great experience.
The hardest part of job is long hours
the most fun part is to create guest experience
Pros
free lunch, Flexible work schedules
Cons
NO HOLIDAYS, long hours
Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 14, 2015
Ritz Carlton is on of the best companies i've ever worked for, the air of refinement, genuine care and comfort of our guest, and dedication to customer service is second to none.
Pros
The brand name stands alone.
greatest workplace I've ever been
cook (Current Employee) –  FLDecember 12, 2015
-long hours of work (8-15hrs per day)
- learned different kinds of cooking techniques
- treating each other equal
we are the ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen
Great company to be a family of
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 8, 2015
Great staff and guest to work with. Your "job" felt more like a family and a home over anything else. When you got to work the day just passed because of how busy and how much fun you were having. They taught me to carry your work ethic to your home life.Leave your worries at the door and be the person you are meant to be without fear of life. Be 5 star and shine where ever you go.
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2015
The Ritz-Carlton was a great place to work. They really care about their employees and work with them. They provide excellent benefits and treat all their employees fairly, with very good compensation.
I would not recommend
Member Services Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2015
When you first start, you get the company credo, employee promise, and service values. They are fantastic! The implementation of them is seriously lacking. After the initial new employee feeling wore off, the leadership seemed to be reluctant to fight for you if you had a problem or question. They are great people but don't seem to take what the brand says to heart. You are also secluded from the rest of the Marriott family making it difficult to even make lateral moves.
Pros
Hotel benefits, health care, and security
Cons
lack of leadership and no way to advance in the department or out of the department

4.5