The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

Great Pastry Team
Pastry Cook III (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 2, 2015
Compensation is low. Benefits are expensive. Pastry team is awesome! Not a lot of growth potential. Very diverse. Lots of attitude. High stress for some results in poor attitude.
easy to move up
Server/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 31, 2015
fun workplace with supportive managemenr. not at all about the numbers but how youpersonally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. the office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Lucie demerant
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIOctober 31, 2015
I would like to continue working in this company as a cook because there is a friendly relationship between us.Ritz-carlton is my favorite company.I will encourage all my friends to apply at the best place to work .
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PROctober 30, 2015
Good hours and pay rate. guest are high. Never had a low season. Management needs to get to know mmore about employee functions and roles when implement changes.
Go work place with great managers.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAOctober 26, 2015
It ws my first job and a great learning experience with dealing with the food industry.I learned alot about how the fast food industry operates. I also learned how to deal different co workers on a daily basis.
A five star company
Banquet Server & Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 26, 2015
As I stated before in another review, this company stands for extraordinary customer service that is expressed by the reviews of the former and regular fine clientele of this company.
As a former employee and a traveler I can testify that no so many hotels can match the level of service and care to the guests the Ritz Carlton provides to them.
Simply put in one word: "Magnificent".
Great Benefects
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAOctober 25, 2015
Great Benefits, but need more human touch towards employees. Need to work harder on recognizing and appreciating employees.
Benefits
A Classic Hotel Experience
SERVER, BARTENDER, TRAINER, SPECIAL EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2015
With as many job titles as uniforms, I had a very diversified experience with working in many demanding position, of which I handled with equal expertise.
Boutique Service Experience with Ultimate Clientele
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR, TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2015
Having an opportunity to function in a highly demanding environment while providing the ultimate service to the top .5% of business travelers was an experience that I was grateful to live up to. Being a 'Ritz-Carlton' meant exemplifying impeccable verbiage, the utmost respect, and unprecedented service standards to our guests.
Pros
Unbeatable Work Experience
Cons
Limited Opportunity for Advancement
Ensure all work areas properly staffed. Events food delivered on time, with no breakage of equipment. Thanks from guests for best service.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAOctober 24, 2015
Making sure all restaurants are properly staffed and delivery of all foods items to banquet events. Always looking for opportunities to improve communication and organization.

The timely organization of delivery of food to three or four events starting at same time is a challenge. But, our constantly success of delivery and the guests smiles of appreciation is the most enjoyable part of the work day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
staff shortage and short lunch breaks
Amazing experience.
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 21, 2015
Great enviorment all around with terrific benefits. Get to meet people from around the world and the hotel culture. Very great company with amazing people.
Productive.
House Keeper and Room Inspector (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, FLOctober 21, 2015
Efficient and productive work environment. Very clean and friendly space with well trained co workers. Also a fun and inspiring environment. plenty of opportunity to grow within the company.
It was a cool experience
Night Auditor / Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at the ritz carlton it was a pretty cool experience, I'd work there again. The task were very simple and is by far one of the fancier hotels when it comes to luxury.
Great work place
Valet attend (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 18, 2015
excellent place to work one of the top notch hotels in the world. Learned so many valuable lessons about hospitality and people
A great challenge- it taught me a lot about SERVICE
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2015
Working for the Ritz was a world unto itself...a great learning experience. I came from a 36 year teaching background into a world of service and I learned from the best.
Pros
Great people to work with....met some amazing people I worked for.
Cons
Not many faultsI look back now.
Great place to work but not compensated enough
Conference Concierge (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAOctober 12, 2015
Everyone takes pride in delivering excellent customer service. Has been fun being part of a great team of professionals. Management is supportive and easy to talk to.
Knowledgeable enviroment
Food runner, Banquet server, Host (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, FLOctober 12, 2015
Very time consuming and many meetings which yes make us a great team and the meetings make sure we are all on the same page but very hard to obtain hours and the compensation could be better for the amount of time required to attend these meetings.
I loved this full service hotel, but management is bad
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2015
I worked here for a year as Spa Concierge. I really loved it and I loved the guests. I loved the 5-star atmosphere and the empowerment of being able to fix a guest concern. Unfortunately the management will fire you without cause and without notice. Horrible computer system/PMS very very slow which aggravates the customer.
Pros
Full service hotel with discreet job duties
Cons
Inexperiemced and unprofessional Spa Management. No job security
A Great Work Place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  cleveland,ohioOctober 6, 2015
Love the guest as well as the staff. Have learned alot in my 17 years here. Just looking to get into bartending. That what I really like doing.
Pros
free lunch, Benefits, takes me less ten min to get to work. Discounted parking
Cons
dont have any
What I learned was valuable
Food & Bev. Event Sales & Coord /Rest. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 6, 2015
Was a very unique place to work - waterfront/beachfront property! I learned and sharpened my skills in the F&B business I was able to grow and was personally guided and mentored when I first started. As with all big named resorts, management changed often, so you had allot of vision changes to keep up with, making the job challenging at times.
Pros
fun work place, opportunities to meet many great people
Cons
politics, jealousy among co-workers for better positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5