The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews in United States

I would not recommend
Member Services Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2015
When you first start, you get the company credo, employee promise, and service values. They are fantastic! The implementation of them is seriously lacking. After the initial new employee feeling wore off, the leadership seemed to be reluctant to fight for you if you had a problem or question. They are great people but don't seem to take what the brand says to heart. You are also secluded from the rest of the Marriott family making it difficult to even make lateral moves.
Pros
Hotel benefits, health care, and security
Cons
lack of leadership and no way to advance in the department or out of the department
Productive and never boring always something new to learn!
Server/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2015
Working here was wonderful in the sense that there was so much opportunity to advance, make money, and better yourself. Healthcare was wonderful and the staff I worked with as peers were amazing. However, quite often there just simply wasn't enough recognition early enough in one's career. I worked here for four years. I trained in every possible position to gain access to higher positions I was told I was the number one candidate for, only to later find I was passed up due to one manager trying to keep me in their department. They did so because they knew I was the go to person. I could, in a single day, serve, bartend, hostess and food run. Among other hats I could juggle. I could also solicit the help and loved finding projects to do because we had the freedom to improve our work environment and it was encouraged.
Pros
opportunity for career development
Cons
Recognition, gossip
great place to call work
Front Desk Agent/ PBX Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 5, 2015
answer calls from back office assist with hotel guest issues and request. block reservations for up coming guest take calls from everyone in hotel and outside lines and transfer to proper department. high volume call center with one agent. check guest into hotel room based on request and booking type. service with a smile and friend service on a daily basis strive to be the best everyday and completing daily hotel reports
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small hotel means more responsibilities
Great place for work
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 4, 2015
Nice place with all kind of people of different countries around the world. Big opportunities to learn and grow in the companie.
Pros
employee parking, free lunch
Cons
too far from my home
Like I said...
KCS- staff supply (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRNovember 28, 2015
it was hard work during the Christmas season... You get great tips. KCS is very used by The Hotel and we are basically the one that fills the holes at this times.
Pros
Tips
Cons
over times almost every day.
FUN WORK place
Server (Former Employee) –  USANovember 24, 2015
i learned a lot from Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain Company i gain lot of knowledge and skills that i can use in every situations. i learn how to solve problems
Nice company but unfair pay.
Customer Care & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2015
The job is easy enough, take calls and make reservations while making the guest happy. The difficult part is trying to juggle work and any life you have outside of work. The schedules change monthly so you may have an actual weekend off one month but the next you have two days off in the middle of the week. The pay seems fair until you see that other call centers pay more for doing the same amount of work. The discounts at Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels are nice but because of your ever changing schedule it can be difficult to take advantage of those benefits.
Pros
Awesome hotel rates, Friends and Family rates
Cons
Pay is low, schedules change monthly.
great learning experience
COOK 1 (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2015
Great learning experience. Compensation varies widely by region. High standards which are good for a young professional. If you are young and don't go to the military, Get some Ritz Carlton experience! They will teach you to raise the bar, work hard and do the right thing
Pros
good benefits, travel perks, reputation.
Cons
the union in boston, working every holiday from 9 am to 12pm with out a break
Excellent company to develop your culinary knowledge.
Cook-II (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GANovember 18, 2015
I am a Chef in a 535 seat outdoor dining facility that is separate from the hotel. We are known for our southern flavors as well as modern cuisine. The best thing I have learned here is not only how to treat the guests of the hotel, but also how to treat fellow employees. We definitely are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen.
I work with a great team and enjoy the encouragement of our management team to push our creativity and professionalism to higher levels.
Pros
Creativity is accepted and encouraged.
Cons
Sometimes the corporate politics get in the way of providing the finest service.
Great Place to work
Spa Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2015
This is a wonderful hotel, and an amazing place to work. It is frequented by celebrities and people of high-status, and the nature of work requires professional etiquette that enables an individual to grow in that environment. The people are very friendly.
Diverse work place
Server Attendant (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 10, 2015
Fun to learn about different cultures. Worked in different departments as an intern. Learned a lot of communication skills since tourist from all over the world stay at this hotel. A hotel very well known for it's high standards and brilliant staff, so being part of that team is life changing.
Pros
Free lunch, international reference.
Cons
Iternship only lasts for six months.
Clean atmosphere, Respectful Co-workers, Beautiful Place.
Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLNovember 9, 2015
My overall review of The Ritz Carlton was very professional and everyone had respect for one another no matter their position. Overall very clean workplace, Proper etiquette, Professional, and a trustworthy faculty.
Pros
free buffet-style lunches/dinners.
Cons
Had to be hired as full-time for any serious benefits.
Productive fun worplace
General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, MDNovember 6, 2015
Very structured and organized. A topical day involves conducting a briefing before starting work duties. All departments are kept up-to-date with the company's current affairs locally and international. Leaders and employees are all involved in the work that affect them. Also, each employee live by the company's core values thus the motto "we are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen"
A great company to work for.
housekeeping & banquet stewardest (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2015
I worked there while I was in high school and they trained me how to be a banquet steward and how to cook fancy foods. For a student in high school I had a decent salary. I learn about being independent as an employee while in school.
Pros
Decent pay, great management, discounts
Cons
Not a fun place to work.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2015
I am thankful for the experience, but it was not a fun place to work. It was a very judgemental environment. Too many people were not aware of how to lead by example or to encourage great work ethics.
Great Pastry Team
Pastry Cook III (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 2, 2015
Compensation is low. Benefits are expensive. Pastry team is awesome! Not a lot of growth potential. Very diverse. Lots of attitude. High stress for some results in poor attitude.
easy to move up
Server/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 31, 2015
fun workplace with supportive managemenr. not at all about the numbers but how youpersonally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. the office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Lucie demerant
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIOctober 31, 2015
I would like to continue working in this company as a cook because there is a friendly relationship between us.Ritz-carlton is my favorite company.I will encourage all my friends to apply at the best place to work .
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PROctober 30, 2015
Good hours and pay rate. guest are high. Never had a low season. Management needs to get to know mmore about employee functions and roles when implement changes.
Go work place with great managers.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAOctober 26, 2015
It ws my first job and a great learning experience with dealing with the food industry.I learned alot about how the fast food industry operates. I also learned how to deal different co workers on a daily basis.

4.5

1. The Ritz-Carlton
2. In-N-Out Burger
3. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
4. The Walt Disney Company
5. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
View the list