The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Loved It!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton management made a point to listen with objectivity and used various forms of communication to ensure employees expected outcomes were understood
Training is the Best!
Club Concierge & Club Suite manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 7, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton takes the time to invest in continuous education for their employees and you get many opportunities to better yourself and your community. I really enjoyed that
Productive place
Guest Services Agent / Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2017
It will typically be busy in the office. Interaction with guests is the most important part of the job. You learn to pace yourself and prioritize your work.
Pros
access to cafeteria
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 6, 2017
Working there showed me the responsibilities of managing my own money because the pay was very good plus you would get tips as well and it wasn't taken out your check. The job was easy and overall one of the best jobs I had.
Great work place
Recreation Coordinator/ Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Very professional and nice working environment. Management team is very accommodating. Workplace culture is relaxing and easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting smiles on the guests faces.
Internship program
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
I worked as an intern at the Ritz-Carlton Central Park.

The best part of my job was the friends I made through the internship program. We all became very close.

The internship definitely lacked any structure or direction. We were promised experiences in all departments but were mainly held in one and were given limited opportunity to branch out, even when we spoke out about it.

There was never clear direction given to any of the interns and was kind of a mess... I'm not really sure how they kept track of us.
Pros
Free lunches in cafeteria
Cons
No structure to internship program
Fantastic work environment
Banquet Captain / Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL Beach ResortSeptember 5, 2017
I really enjoyed my 12 years of service with the Ritz. I made life long friends and learned so much about the hotel industry. The benefits were also a very important aspect of the job. Plus the location of my property was amazing.
Pros
Benefits, uniform department, free cafeteria, beach resort
excellent working conditions with tremendously motivational management and wide range of re recreational activities
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 3, 2017
the best place to work at
well structured management
very well organised
and cheerful working environment
excellent meals provided
motivational managment
Great Facility
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2017
Fun place to work if you have the right attitude. You ned to come to work ready to work, if you do you will succeed. Only problem is they will under pay you and you will be overworked for that pay unless you are working a banquet captain shift. Then your boss is a joke and you milk the clock all day long.
Great place to work.
Senior Manager Meetings & Special Events (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 1, 2017
Co-workers are very nice, respectful of each other. Career advancement opportunities available if you want them. Great benefits. Great company to work for.
Lovely hotel but aging and high turnover
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
It is a lovely hotel run by professionals but the line employees are constantly changing and the hotel product is somewhat dated and worn. The guests are more business/conference guests and wedding business rather than the luxury recreational traveler of the baby-boomer centric past. The opportunity to make gratuities as a concierge here are greatly diminished with opentable.com and uber/lyft. In a year, I tracked every bit of cash compensation from gratuities and vendor kickbacks and the total was a hair over $12,000 for the year. The golden days of the concierge desk are gone. In fact, since February, we don't have a desk but a rather pathetic podium exactly like the bellstand.
Good work
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 30, 2017
Its was a ok job environment but the peole put a knife in the drain pointed up and I cut myself and there waas plenty of racism at this place but it gave me plenty hours of work.
Pros
Plenty work
Cons
People
Ritz-Carlton
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 29, 2017
Nothing like the Ritz-Carlton Basics and management philosophy to carry over into other jobs! "Ladies and Gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" - one of my favorites. Excellent training and culture.
Pros
Excellent training and Culture
Cons
Not so great office space
productive and fun
Telephone Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 28, 2017
Ritz Carlton is a very nice place to work, you just have to be focus and produce excellent customer service to the guest, and make sure that you are doing what you are paid to do.
Pros
Meet new people every day
Cons
Breaks are too short
some times ok, but most of the time very stressful.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2017
it needs a lot of improvements. they need to pick a hard workers that is welling to comet to their jobs and take it seriously. it's a lot of work for one person. some time they give a big assignment to house keepers because others keep on calling off.
Cons
very poor benifets.
High turn over
Social Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 28, 2017
Servicing weddings is a very emotional task for the brides, hence stressful. I was hired as the first "service" wedding manager. Usually the person who sells, services.

My work load was too much for one person and after me they hired two managers to fulfill the job.

The place was beautiful to work with and the basic company policies were good in theory.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
high turn over
Work environment and management were negative experiences
Guest ReceptionAgent, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAAugust 26, 2017
Management was continuously limited in their capacity to do the right and fair thing. Training in a productive manner was lacking. Work environment was not effective and kitschy. Geared toward the young adult worker; no place for a more mature employee.
Pros
provided uniforms
Cons
work environment
I am a sports man can play all sports
Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2017
My team have won Bahrain inter clubs squash championship.i have won Men open squash championship. And have lot of experience in playing coaching and organizing events
Efficient and Productive Workplace
Full-Time Laundry Attendant for Crothall Laundry (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Ritz-Carlton, but I had to leave because of location problems. The atmosphere was very devoted to meeting daily goals. I highly recommend working here for others.
Pros
Free food (morning, afternoon, and evening)
Cons
Unclear job duties (sometimes)
Best Organization ever
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 25, 2017
One f the best places I've ever worked. They treat you as good as the guests. Good pay, Good hours, and good company. I enjoyed the professionalism on the job. They clean your clothes, feed you, give you parking, and more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5