The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

The Ritz Carlton
Concierge (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2013
I have to admit I was very disappointed with the lack of career opportunities and the poor tuition reimbursement program they offer. I placed around 30 internal job transfers and received 0 calls even though I have 7 years of experience and had my MBA.

The company loves to preach about opportunities and employee culture but they do not deliver.
MOST SATISFIED JOB
Cook (Current Employee), CAYMAN ISLANDSMay 28, 2013
WORKING IN RITZ CALTON GAVE ME LOTS OF PLEASURE . AND I FEEL I LEARNED HOW TO LIVE BETTER LIFE . MY ATTITUDE WAS FOCUSED ON TRUE PROFESSIONALISM.I LOVE WORKING HERE . I CAN ABLE GIVE MY 100 % EFFECT TO MY WORK .
Great Food & Beverage team
Bartender (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2013
Pros: employee meals, great tips and hourly
Cons: short or no breaks. 10-12hr shifts
The team of bartenders and servers worked together on a daily basis to get their job done. Everyone pulled their own weight and became reliable to management. Bartenders were given the freedom of creativity, coming up with seasonal cocktails and specials.

– May 25, 2013

sir i need job in rets corlton.sir give me one chance.

Wonderful company to work for.
SERVER ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2013
Positive work environment, with room to grow. Lots of support from management and tools to help employees get the position they're aiming for.
High demand and in search of perfection. Good place to work
Chef de Partie (Current Employee), Key Biscayne, FLMay 11, 2013
Very committed to establish a relationship with costumers. Good corporate values. Excellent standards and possibilities for growth.
Awesome place to work
STEWARDING, PREPARATION LINE & DISHWASHER (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAMay 10, 2013
Pros: free meals, travel discounts
If you dedicate yourself they will compensate you very well, you can always advance, and they are really caring and genuine.
Work Environment
Area Director of Quality (Former Employee), Washington DCMay 5, 2013
Pros: all of the above
Cons: long hours
Great work environment, great management, strong values, great benefits.
productive,pingpong kind of work everyday.
Garde Manger Chef (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, accomodations for new comers.
Cons: no breaks sometimes and not well staff
always busy,politics oriented people,Good management,workers work too hard,Pop-ups,Outings with fellow managers.
A place where ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen, Quality of life is ENHANCED.
Landscaping Technician/team (leader)barT/server. (Former Employee), WIMay 2, 2013
Pros: brakfast, lunch and dinner is prepared freshly each day.
Cons: depending on the shift or department everyone is entitles to an hour or half an hour break .
A good and exciting place to word where diversity is highly valued, quality of life d enhanced ( there was no competition at this time, top of top in the caribbean) the pay, the opportunities, the benefits and mutual respect for all.
It was an eye opening experience, working as a certified landscaping technician you also get the chance to work in any – more... preferred area or department in the hotel by providing lateral services also including transferring to other properties in the world. – less
Overall good work environment
Assistant Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee), St. Thomas U.S. Virgin IslandsMay 1, 2013
daily housekeeping duties were executed. Progressed within the company at multiple locations
Productive, fast pace, professional, organized, fun work enviornment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 24, 2013
Pros: meet kings, leaders from other country great pay and benefits
Cons: work holidays and if requested by a guest for full all around service, meaning only want that housekeeper to be in their room
I was very please to work in a 5 star hotel where every stitch of the hotel had to be maintain fit for a king and queen, literally! There was never a moment when help wasn't available to complete a task. Our team of co-workers enjoyed their jobs also because the pay and benefits was fitting to raise a family and have health insurance.
The Most Amazing Place Company to work for.
Manager of Retail / Buyer (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAApril 24, 2013
Pros: great travel benefits
Cons: never closed...
To work for the Ritz-Carlton is very Special place and if your One of the 1% that gets in, you will have a great job and meet some of the most amazing people. Management team was always ready to help and make sure the Hotel ran and was up to the Ritz-Carlton standards and would help any place that needed. The Hardest part of this job was a hotel never – more... is closed on any day... and the most enjoyable part was you got to help many Guest make Memory's – less
Great Company!
Group Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Coconut Grove, FloridaApril 23, 2013
Pros: full benifits, job security, great culture
Cons: not alot of room for advancement
A typical day is managing complex group-related sales opportunities. Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked build proposals, write contracts, customer correspondence etc. Very demanding deadlines, management is very organized and structured within The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. Co-workers are very nice.
Large resort hotel with 4 different restaurants!
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLApril 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch, full benefits, discounts to other properties and growth.
Cons: none to report
This property is facing the ocean in beautiful Key Biscayne, Florida. No matter how hard your day is you can always take a step outside and enjoy the wonderful ocean breeze.

With 4 restaurants; Italian, Burger lounge, Mexican and Cuban, I had the opportunity to learn about a lot of different culture and cooking technique.

Managing a large group of – more... people with different ethnic backrounds helped build my communication and team building skills. – less
productive fun place to work
cook (Former Employee), Kapalua, HIApril 17, 2013
I worked i many differnt areas in this hotel.
I learned lots of new cooking methods
coworkers we so nice and helpful
Great Training
Guest Services (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free parking, great training and additional incentives for the front desk team
Cons: short break
The company has a great training,willing to support there employee to become what they wanted to be.Very supportive
Fun
Pool Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hot days
At Ritz Carlton I had to walk back in forth in the sun to get towels and move chairs for the people at the pool.
Productive and fun place to work.
Full-time Employee Dining Room (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2013
The most enjoy able momments were, Meeting and Cooking for the entire staff of each department of the Ritz Carlton Hotel.
Very unique and relaxing work environment
Food Server (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2013
Pros: food and drink tasting
Cons: short breaks
Very friendly environment and fun learning place with exotic ambiance and atmosphere. Fun learning place because of the activities everyone is involved with. I am working in an environment where in my co-workers always extend their help, you enjoy work even if it is busy because of the fun activities like swimming pools and other entertainments the – more... hotel provides. The hardest part of the job is when no one is assisting you. The most enjoyable part is that guests always remembers me and they always compliment my work. They get to know about my life which definitely means they are comfortable and enjoying my service. – less
Busy, fast paced work environment with an excess of lateral service opportunities.
Meetings & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 21, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: restrictions for advancement
I managed an average of 10 groups per month while maintaining a 100% YTD Meeting Planner Full Engagement Score and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Meetings and Special Events Department. In additon, I was responsible for all finances of the department and served as a liaison between clients and mangers during the pre-event phase. I assisted – more... the Director and Associate Director of the Meetings and Special Events Department, as well as, three Senior Managers.

The Ritz-Carlton has an amazing ability to grow your knoweldge of the industry while also becoming part of your family. Leaving that family is by far one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and definitely the hardest part of that particular job. – less

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more

The Ritz-Carlton Photos