The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

my years at the ritz were amazing!
cafe supervisior (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, free lunches (i cooked them!), room rates, vacations, great co-workers
all and all, my time spent there was a learning, fun, enlightening, comfortable experience! i would still be there if my position wasn't eliminated. it was "the perfect" job for me for a very long time.
Interesting and new to me...
Pre-opening Sales Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 24, 2014
I found that what I learned from the training at the Ritz-Carlton was the most important thing that I took away.

This is a first class organization that I was proud to be a part of. I learned so much about client service, hospitality, food, catering, events and just taking first class care of guests.

I believe it is important to keep on learning no matter how long you have been in business. I take a lot of knowledge away from this job.
Can't go wrong
Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 23, 2014
If you can get hired you can't go wrong, great place to work with advancement opportunities.
GOOD PLACE
COOK (Current Employee), Key Biscayne, FLMarch 22, 2014
Pros: oportunity
Cons: low hours
EXCELLENT COWOKER AND ONE OR TWO BOSS SO GOOD THE OTHER NOT GOOD
Productive beautiful place to work, live, loved every minute of working here.
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), St Thomas, VIMarch 19, 2014
Pros: beautiful atmosphere and place to work. surrounded by beauty!
As a hostess at the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas, my day would start off by helping set up tables with silverware and napkins. As the guest appear for breakfast I would greet the with a smile and a goodmorning. Ask if they had a desired seat and place them at the table. Take their drink order and pass menus. After the breakfast hours are done. The café would close until dinner. So the servers nd myself would have to set up for dinner service before we left for the day.
great place to wk fun always went home with a smile on my face
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Avon, COMarch 16, 2014
Pros: always had lunch for employes and when out of season u cld travel
Cons: non at all
Great company to work for always stayed busy so time flew by always learned something new management was awsome i really loved my job
wonderful to be part a nice company
Server (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 14, 2014
worked in a company like that was a great experience. worked breakfast, lunch and dinner i always did the best
FIVE STAR FIVE DIMOND
Concierge, The Residences (Former Employee), Coconut Grove, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: complimentry stays at any of the hotels and resorts in the ritz family
The name says it all, exceptional work ethic and mistic.The allure only THE RITZ could deliver.
Great overall company to work for!
Line cook for dinner service (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2014
Pros: cost of living raises and yearly reviews.
Cons: a man belongs in the kitchen, not a woman!
The company values and ethics of this company are amazing. I dealt with a complete kitchen overhaul, so I have a bias opinion. I learned so much about cooking and was trained very well then new chefs came in and that all changed for the worse. Quality of food and employment went down.
Beautiful environment with lots of action
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Half Moon BayMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: schedules
I love working at the hotel because it is a beautiful place and provides great service. Working in Banquets is difficult physical work with lots of stress and at the end we get to show our guests the best of us. The management struggles to keep our standards up with the help of the staff. The staff is great although because of lack of initiative or lack of opportunity many people are disgruntled at times. The hardest part of the job is the hours they are unpredictable week to week. The most enjoyable part of the job is making guests happy.
Laundry Attendant, Valet Cashier and PBX
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Handling customer issues.
Processing Debit/Credit Cards
Handling Large amounts of money.
Handling Guest clothing.
Pressing and washing linens.
Inventory
Folding Towels
Making wake up calls
At times handle 200 hundred calls per day
Great company to work with. Looks after thier employees and has a high level of standards
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), Truckee, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: attention to detail
One of the best companies I have worked with. Learned every aspect of fine dining service and weddings. This is were I learned attention to detail. Ritz Carlton employees are a family unit. I started with the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua HI and stayed with them for 12 years.
Administrative/Executive Assistant Duties
Front Desk Representative / Assistant to Hotel GM (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great friends/family rate all ritz carlton marriott properties
Cons: low wages
Oversaw a wide variety of administrative functions, supporting projects and information processes compiled and analyzed data from monthly reports to prepare manager for opening sales day answering PBX meridian phone systems. I developed internal correspondence that facilitated effective communication and transfer of information between offices.
A very unique place to work.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 12, 2014
The Ritz Carlton is a very unique place to work, but in a good way. The focus is always on the guest experience and the ladies and gentleman that work there take this very seriously. I learned the value and benefit of the art of apologizing while there, as well as refining my guest service skills.
GOOD WORK PLACE
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Westchester, NYFebruary 11, 2014
I enjoyed my job people are great I met a lot of important people
Empowering environment
Attendant - Spa (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches
Cons: difficult to obtain ft status and benefits
Team work is everything.
We are ladies & gentlemen serving ladies & gentlemen.
Guidance team is always helpful and available.
Co-workers are second family.
Hardest part of the job is its physically taxing nature.
Best part are the perks of the company.
its a ok place
steward (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no control
good pay just bad management corprate does not know whats goin with the property just a zoo
Love it
Housekeeping Residences Manager (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: long commute
I absolutely loved working here, the culture was great, "we are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen."
Overall Rating 3 Stars
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no meal breaks
Overall Ratings 3 Stars. Ritz Carlton hotel is very excellent company itself but the high image of the Ritz Carlton was damaged when Marriott Company took over.
Excellent
Bartender /Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: best place to ever work at
Cons: family time.
Working for the Ritz was amazing. I had the pleasure of working at two different properties. Had a chance to work to work in the Virgin Islands.

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more