The Rivers Casino

The Rivers Casino Employee Reviews

An introduction into the medical field where I obtained valuable knowledge that will further my career.
Cocktail Server (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: clients were devoted to maintaining overall health
Cons: no health benefits
A typical day started with a morning meeting discussing all new and old patient's appointments for the day. My job was to introduce what our office can offer them, guiding them from their evaluation to x-rays, and provide them with a financial plan based on their insurance or lack of. I also dealt with collecting payments, updating charts, and calling patients to remind them of their appointments. We worked as a team and cared about our patients well being. I attended a sales seminar that increased my knowledge of medical equipment and medical terminology. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients success. The worst part of my job was the pay.
Cage Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2014
love this job and this company looking for a part-time job.Company is very helpful with getting you items needed. A great insurance plan
Busy government run facility
Bartender (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: working for big brother.
Bartenders serve anything from high class martinis to $2 cans of beer. I learned that literally all types will go to a casino to gamble, and there are some interesting characters out there. Management was sometimes hard to get a hold of because of the large size of the establishment. My co-workers were great people.
The hardest part of the job was keeping some people happy. If someone just lost $2,000 and you were the first person they saw, they typically weren't very kind to you. The most enjoyable part of the job were seeing happy people who just won thousands of dollars, and they wanted to tip you well.
It was a fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee), west endFebruary 23, 2014
I would meet new people everyday and then i had some that were regular. We always work as a team to get our work done. We would get a new item on the menu and we get to try it so we could people how it was when they would ask us if it's good or not.
Can be a fun work environment
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: people gambling tend to be a little angry
Overall a fun work atmosphere, can be a little hectic at times.
Nice Enviorment
House Keeping (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks no raises
clean slots
management was fair
learned to deep clean a bathroom
co-workers were fun to work with
cleaning bathroom non stop
Nice place to work
Valet (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: not confined to an office
Cons: not everyone does the same amount of work
Easy going place to work while providing customers with a great experience.
ok
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee), PittsburghMay 27, 2013
Pros: decent money
Cons: working weekends night holidays, boring
Its a good job, very boring, not challenging nor rewarding. If you don't mind dealing with smokers, drinkers, and miserable people then this is for you. Some people are great, but the bad ones outweigh the good ones. Upper management is great, middle management is poor. Benefits and 401k are pretty good. Money is good not great.
Not What It Seems..
Customer Service Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2012
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: low wages, small oppurtunity for advancement, inconsistent scheduling
During my time working at Rivers Casino I experienced a roller coaster of emotions. The place really is a decent place to work but there a few things that I feel I was intentionally mislead on. Co workers seemed young and for the most part apathetic about the job, as well as policies and customers alike. Policies seemed to be enforced "at will", or only to employees who were not "favorites" of the managers. Management on several occasions encouraged me to apply for a position in order to advance and basically came out and said " if You apply for it, its yours", only to have a different story or situation after I actually applied for the promotion. HR is TERRIBLE. I became sick and had to take a leave of absence during my employment, when trying tocontact HR within the alotted 3 day period in order to get my attendance taken care for the days that I was forced to miss without punishment, I ran into several obstacles. It took me 3 days and several ( approximately 7 ) voicemails asking for them to call me back so that I could arrange to pick up the necessary paperwork. When they finally did contact me back they spoke to me with total disrespect and acted as if I was a bother to them. Also I was told I could take my long sleeve issued uniform shirts to wardrobe and have them altered to short sleeves to accommodate the hot weather of summer. When I did this I was told that it would be a 3 month wait to get 3 shirts altered. There are GREAT employees at this place, unfortunately those employees are overworked and exhausted due to picking up the slack of the other apathetic team members, and it adversely affects there job performance.
Hard but rewarding experience.
Facilities Worker (Temp) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2012
Cons: assignment didn't last long enough.
I was supposed to arrive at the warehouse at 7am, but due to lack of childcare I couldn't arrive until 9:15am. The foreman, John, was very understanding and was OK with this. There was lots of cleaning and heavy moving throughout the shift, but the crew was very nice and I found the experience to be enjoyable.
job is productive and flexible
MARKETING/PLAYER'S CLUB REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2012
Pros: meeting all kinds of different people, having a commeradie with my coworkers, lunches are inexpensive, the healthcare is good.
Cons: standing on my feet all day, working every holiday and weekends.
work as a customer service rep that seek answers to guests with
player cards. A typical day is making guests cards so they can
get rewards in the casino, answering questions about their accounts, participating in promotions, and making sure that the guest is comfortable. The casino has team work, so if a representative is unable to answer question, another representative is always accomadating. The hardest part of the job is standing on my feet all day. The rewards I get from working with guests is seeing that they are having a good time and making the day as enjoyable for them as I can.

The Rivers Casino Salaries