The Robbins Company Employee Reviews

Well orginized company with clear directives from managment.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 3, 2015
This company is very organized inside the Engineering department. Projects and scope are well defined and expectations are clearly outlined. Projects are driven by a well thought out schedule and reasonable time is given to complete tasks; Overtime is seldom needed when completing day to day tasks. Travel opportunities around the world happen on a yearly basis. Team based environment ensures that knowledge is disseminated and questions are answered openly by everyone including management. Benefits are great including retirement company match, health, dental and other great programs. the salary ranges are simply not high enough for the Seattle area.
Prductive Position on deadlines daily.
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 29, 2015
High presure position working with employess through out the company from the President to Warehouse staff. Very enjoyable working with so many great people. The management did reward their hard workers with bonus's and parties.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Upper management a little un-orgainized but I would help them
Poor management, lack of concern over declining morale
Former Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 3, 2015
This company is very poorly run. The President (Lok Home) has no idea what is truly going on behind the scenes and travels internationally to avoid any conflicts and hide from the company's problems. Family run company.

The upper management has no concern over the very low morale the employees have. They do not listen to the employees needs or wants. VP's are a joke.

Company is in VERY POOR financial straits. They are on credit hold with almost every vendor they deal with. Because they cannot get the parts they need to build their equipment, all their customers are irate at their constant late deliveries.

Advancement is based on if a manager personally likes you and isn't based on your qualifications. No raises or bonuses in 4 years. You are supposed to be excited that you are being given a "free" ham at the holiday party every year, like it's a raise or bonus.

They fire good people for no apparent reason. If you speak up for yourself or what you feel is wrong, be afraid of losing your job. Your constant long hours are not appreciated and you are taken for granted.

Avoid this company if you want to have a lasting job.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Intern
Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 3, 2015
It was a good learning experience. Lots of pluses , management is very hierarchical and it is a family run company.
The Robbins Company
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 18, 2014
In the almost six years working here. I have seen eight different controllers. Also in my last three years employed there my immediate managers changed seven times. Out of the six years of employment I received two raises. This was not because of performance. All evaluations of my performance scored in upper percentile.

I overseen all shipments in and out of U.S.
Shipped Tunnel Boring Machines.
Prepared by wood crating and Sea container loading.
Strict inventory documents and over road permits.
Most enjoyable part was my fellow co-workers.
Hardest part was dealing with new management every year.
benefits
Cons
unorganized management
Great coworkers, great benefit packages, job culture is positive, great owner.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 2, 2014
Good pace environment not too fast or slow, I have broadened my inventory control skills.

Management is for advancement of employees, and gives overtime when available.

Hardest part of the job is working outside in the elements at times but not excessive,

Most enjoyable part is that they treat you like adults and don't micromanage.
great benifits
Mechanical and Steel Designer (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVMay 22, 2014
Left the company that was way closer to my childs daycare, and more money
Pros
great benifits
Cons
lack of any morals in upper management.
Great co-workers
painter (Former Employee) –  solon,ohJanuary 13, 2014
Plant manager is the worst i have ever worked for. He has a chip on his shoulder.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Horrible management
Good Company
Painter/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 9, 2014
Robbins is a great place top work for, when it comes to co-workers they are amazing people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of communiction
shipper
Lead Person /Shipper (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 18, 2013
We had a good shipping dept that worked hard to get product out the door. great group to work with.
Pros
enjoyed the work and workers
Cons
tough economic times and new owners
Robbins is a great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVAugust 9, 2013
Robbins is a great company to work for as far as benefits. There is not a lot of interaction with other co-workers so you are mostly alone for the whole workday. I myself like to be social and enjoy the people I work with. However having my own office is one of the perks to my position.
benefits
Cons
management seems to bring up a lot of childish issues. example, i have my own office but not allowed to shut my door.
Confused and lost
Global Logistics & Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 7, 2013
The company has no regard fr its employees. Lok the CEO has no idea how bad the moral has gotten. They struggle with paying their suppliers. Most of their suppliers have put them on either credit hold or stopped shipping to them. This change in suppliers has cost them quality. They have not paid out a bonus in 4 years, and most positions are in a freeze pattern for raises.
Decent place to work
Maintenance / Inventory (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 17, 2013
The company was my first job. I was 16 and did mostly undirected labor. It was decent enough.
intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 1, 2013
nothing to do in the city. Good managers. little company values.
very un organized company, poor management and lack of vision and control
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 6, 2012
no order to daily objectives and very stressful place. I was told many things in coming to this company, yet to find out there was no truth to much of what I was told.
Very booring place to work, co workers arent helpful
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 25, 2012
Very large company, not organized, no documentation what so ever, if you ask people they arent so helpful either.
Pros
location: seattle is awesome
Cons
too many to list