The Roberts Company Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for.
Welder and Rigger (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCAugust 8, 2017
This company was great to work for. The pay was good. Work environment was good. Employees worked at safe manner. Other than traffic back up this was a good company.
Pros
worked in a safe nmanner.
Cons
Na
Not guaranteed to work allot
Ironworker rigger (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 12, 2017
You love your job then bam layoff might be next week might be never again when you go back to work if the work was consistent hands down best job ever
Good opportunities for motivated people to learn
Machinist/Welder (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCApril 26, 2017
If you were motivated enough to pay attention and learn what was going on around you there was very much to learn. Dependent upon the current management the work environment varied as well as the location of where you worked (shop or field). But the moral was among the lowest that I have ever been involved in. Very difficult to get any moral with employees because management did a poor job in dealing with crew leaders and employees. On a typical day there would be a healthy focus on safety and fair distribution of workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly atmosphere of employees. The hardest part of the job is the treatment of the employees, primarily when changing from one management regime to the next.
Pros
Good Pay, Learning Environment
Cons
No Benefits, Regular Layoffs, Low Moral
Family Owned Company
NDT Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Worked here right out of the military, worked at various job sites. The job requires climbing and confined spaces.
Did many shutdowns for local companies.
The Robeert's Company is a pertty good company to work for.
Civil General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCDecember 24, 2016
A typical day at work was checking on multiple foremen making sure they were doing as they were directed. I learned that it's ruff to work in a paper mill that is not a recycling mill. I did not know the CEO, but the management, as a whole, was good people to work with. The co-workers as a whole, were mostly good people to work with. Hardest part of the job was the hazards associated with the old paper mill. The most enjoyable was working at night.
Pros
Large company with jobs across the Uited States, Had health insurance after 3 mounths of working for 3 months.
Cons
Being in a large company, an individial can get lost in the shuffle.
Very good and competent people in the Charleston office.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 11, 2015
I was not impressed with the corporate (i.e. home office) culture. The project site atmosphere was very pleasant. Very competent individuals who had a good attitude.
Provided a good learning experience.
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NC 28590May 4, 2015
TRC has provided me with the ability to apply current skills and learn new ones. The corporate structure has been completed and the company is growing rapidly. The people are friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
open work schedule
Cons
Opportunities are limited
I was glad to get off so I could get me a shower and some food in my body, and go to bed and get some sleep.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 27, 2015
I enjoyed working the shutdown that year, because I was working and making money so I could take care of my bills. I would go back now if they were still hiring because I enjoyed working and because I need a job right now.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The work crew could have been more productive.
production
Welder/Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 21, 2015
the employee performs the task in a timely manner and either the job gets done on time or the job gets handed to a person who can get the job done easier
Great boss and co-workers
Estimator / Safety and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 19, 2014
This company is no longer doing business as its president has retired and ceased operations.
The Roberts Company
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 18, 2014
Pay was well but I no longer wanted to do field work. My day would normally be 10 hours long an outside. I built large vessels normally dealing with acid production. Mainly stainless steel. It was very intense physical labor. I also fit the tank sections as well as weld them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
60 plus hour weeks an away from home
Great Job
Electrician and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 15, 2014
Learned a lot from working with this company. Started young and worked my way up.
Place to work
Industrial Mechanical Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 12, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Learned a lot while working with this company. A typical day at work may start at 7am and end 7am the following day.
Work place was great good employees to work with, but managerment was poor.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bruce, MSFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company, the only down fall was management pushing employees too hard and causing unsafe environment in doing so.
Great place to work!
journeyman electrician (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 22, 2013
I really liked working here. All management and co-workers were great. They really seemed to take care of there workers.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Didnt seem to have steady work.
This is a good place to work.
Abrasive Blasting and Painting Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCApril 28, 2013
The company is a growing company with good managers and co-workers. I am looking to further my experience in the coatings division of abrasive blasting and painting field, in a marine environment or a industrial environment.
Need more Jobs
Construction Helper (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAApril 19, 2013
It was get while it lasted, but the dont like to call you after the job is done. I really like working for this company.
Pros
the pay
Cons
getting hiried the getting laid off and not being called for another job.
Productive and fun workplace with good people.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 23, 2013
I enjoy working for the roberts company. I worked with a lot of good people. The pay is good for being local.
Pros
good pay
Cons
weather
great place to work
Iron Worker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCDecember 26, 2012
installing pipe lines an or pipe racks for piping , operating manlift or forklift, u could be doing anything any given day. I learned alot on about saftey an how to do the jobs saftely. management was great. getting set up every morning to work because u had get work permitts signed from the superintendants which usually always busy. fellow workers
Pros
good money
Cons
not knowing when the job your doing is finished wether you are going to get another job or layed off