The Rockefeller University

The Rockefeller University Employee Reviews in United States

Great environment,good management & friendly co workers.
Receptionist/ Data Entry Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
Friendly work place which dealt with accurate submissions of data entry.Part of a huge campus with constant interactions with all departments, staff,management.My co workers & supervisor taught me many aspects of this industry. Dealt with deadlines,many duties to perform on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, good compensation.
Cons
Far from train
Great Experience
Handyman/ Acting -SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
As a Handyman / Acting Superintendent , my typical day transitioned
from addressing daily building requests to being responsible for
the day to day requirements of a Superintendent .
I would address all concerns of Residents and Management and employees daily .
My daily walk through the building gave me an insight of what had to be addressed .
This experience provided me with the skills to move forward to a full time Resident Building Manager Position.
Amazing culture you will always love!
Facility Operations Supervisor CBC (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
There is an amazing community behind those gates from 68th to 63rd street!

I had the pleasure of working with some of the greatest minds from all departments.

It truly was an amazing experience that I hope other can experience and share.
Pros
Can't wait to see the new expansion to the campus!
Cons
Beautiful Campus with Great People!
Medical Staff Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
The beautiful private campus makes you forget you're in the middle of Manhattan.
I am also surrounded by some of the most brilliant minds in science today.
My boss is the most hard working person I have ever met and is absolutely wonderful.
a great place to work
Clinical Research Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2015
A very unique academic setting with very smart people. Rockefeller has a gorgeous campus - like an oasis on the east river.
Pros
Mellow atmosphere. good benefits. interesting work
Cons
A long way from public transportation. Salaries lower than industry standard
An excellent place to work!
Diagnostics Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2014
If I could return back to work here, I certainly would. Between the co-workers and the general atmosphere, it was a wonderful place to work. I worked mostly on my own without really interacting with anyone, but we still all knew each others names, would wave and say hello when we would pass each other in the huge expanse, and meeting up on mornings for free donuts and coffee was a really nice way of getting to know people.
Pros
free donuts, great pay, awesome cafeteria, top notch technology, compensation for metro fare
Cons
long walk from the subway
A workplace where you learn a multiple stuff.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
Typical day at work for me would be providing customer service, helping customer cash their order out, managing a group of 10-15 employees, daily shift paperwork, setting up displays, making schedules, and worked our reception area as well.
Pros
incentive, positive team members and employees, flexibility, pride and overall great employee and employer relationship
Cons
i have no cons
My manager works diligently to create a supportive, teamwork environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2013
I love the flexibility that my job allows me with my schedule. I feel that I am very well compensated for my work. I have never worked for a company that has been so employee-focused. For the most part, most employees are pitch in to complete their goals.
Pros
love to work in the city and i go to church for my lunch hour.
Cons
that was a contract position and i knew that i will leave one day.
Productive working environment
Cytogenetics Clinical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2012
A typical day at the Rockefeller University lab consisted of performing slide drooping and staining, microscopy, photographing and karyotyping all cases with applied imaging system. While working at the lab I learned how to establish cell lines and diagnose disorders such as Fanconi Anemia. Due to the fact that it was a small laboratory, I would have to say that the most difficult part of the job was doing all of the clinical work on my own, I was the only licensed laboratory technologist on staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the director of the laboratory and helping her with research for Fanconi Anemia.
Pros
learned a lot of information
Cons
lab closing
Decent Job
Concierge/Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2014
The culture in Rockefeller University is what you would expect from a University. The management team is like no other and value their employees. The students and professors are very smart and everyone seems to mind their own business.
Pros
lots of overtime available, great co-workers, great view and location
Cons
compensation is not competitive, job may get boring quickly
very well organized and effective work place with hard work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2012
As a research assistant supporting six research staff, my daily routine includes: ordering experimental supplies, preparing stock solutions, mice breeding and genotyping, mice surgery and dissection, mice brain section and staining, and experimental data documentation and analyzing. I learned efficient time management, collaboration and cooperation with a team; good communication skills; keen observation, problem solving, sharp critical thinking skills and strong clinical skills within a very friendly and supportive work-place. The hardest part of the job is sacrificing numerous mice every day due to research needs; meanwhile, you can enjoy the successful and meaningful scientific results based on these experimental animals
Fun place to be
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
There's a professional expectation on campus that is very admirable. No day is every the same especially for the service departments.
Pros
Spacious campus.
Cons
The commute from Queens.
Organized and safe work place for the animals and care takers
Animal aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2012
My duties may include the sanitation of cage wash, observation for abnormal behavior in drug administered animal aswell as caring for daily needs and I think I enjoyed caring for the animals the most.
Pros
discounted lunch, indoor/out cafeteria, oceanview
Laid Back
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Worked independently, easy going staff. The work environment was very pleasant. The hardest part of the job was the introduction of new students. Task where straight forward, not challenging.
Interesting and educationally developing
Lab technician at the department of neuroscience (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2014
Lab technician position involving a participation in the research in the field of neuroscience. Great amiable co-workers and employers ready to help and the job is beneficial for prospective science students
best place i ever worked, wonderful staff, great cafeteria HA!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2012
Wonderful place to work. Loved it more than anywhere i worked at since. Miss the people, researchers, RU was wvery oood to their employees, great campus. Would work for them again.
Pros
great food
a great place to do science
Post Doctorate Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
you can schedule your own time and manage things independently. the culture is very diverse, the campus is great and the science here is at the front edge of the area.
Director of Special Events in the Public Affairs Office
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
I learned many things, but one of the most important things is how to interface with all levels of people, from the president of the University, to the students.
Fast Paced Laboratory
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
Working at Rockefeller is very hectic, at least in the lab that I was in. People there are extremely competitive even towards others they work with. However, I did learn a lot.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
hectic
Free Gym and Campus club
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2013
A very pleasent workplace and employees, a typical day at work would entail Employee post checks, conducting reports and update schedules.
Pros
parking for cars
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Rockefeller University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5