The Rush Fitness Complex Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company which created bonds with clientele.
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  High Point, North CarolinaJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work included selling supplements to clientele while keeping the facility clean and answering the phone while signing people for memberships. I learned excellent customer service and communication skills while displaying leadership and customer service in front of clients and co-workers. Management was very friendly and worked with all schedules. The co-workers displayed positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different people on different occasions. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different clients and helping them to become more healthy.
Pros
Free gym memebership.
Cons
Short breaks, continues phone calls.
The Rush Fitness Complex
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2015
Work environment was toxic. Management was always be rotated. No stability in management. Employee rotation was monthly. No stable work environment.
Pros
Comission base pay was good. Offered benefits
Cons
No job advancement regardless of how long you worked
Was not an enjoyable workplace
Reception (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNSeptember 4, 2015
Lack of hours,not enough to do,lack of communication between supervisors.,overall not enjoyable to work at. Alot of drama caused by female employees for the fun of it.
No respect for any employee
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2013
Front desk starts at minimum wage and barely goes up for raises. Managers never get a day off from work and are expected to leave their family at the way side because comes job first and that's all that matters. You never actually get to take the PTO you accumulate over time and they usually fire you with over 200 hours in your bank.
Co-workers will throw you under the bus at the second they can as long as it benefits them.

Comment – April 21, 2013

Having worked for this "company" I can agree with this review completely!

Upper Management are tyrant dictators
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2012
I don't advise anybody to work at the rush. Management paints a picture of this pie in the sky career with advancement and investing opportunities. They are only doing it to advance their own interests. Most of the people that were there when I worked are no longer there for the same or similar reasons.
Pros
free place to workout
Cons
they don't stand up for their employees
I absolutely LOVED working for The Rush Fitness Complex!
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2014
I had the pleasure to work with the leadership team of The Rush from January 2001 until the company sold to Gold's Gym International August 2014. I learned so much by working closely with ownership and executive leaders over the years about vision, sales, leadership, mentoring team members, developing teams and becoming irreplaceable by becoming replaceable (duplicating future leaders/managers). My servant-style leadership approach allowed me to work "for" an incredible group of passionate, driven, relentless, goal-oriented employees and I would not trade that experience for anything!
Productive and fun workplace
Kid Care Assoicate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 24, 2015
Ensuring that members and their children have a positive experience at The Rush.
 Greeting members, handling member concerns and answering phone calls.
 Handling account changes and paperwork.
 Creating and providing activities with children that incorporate health and wellness
Rush
Front Desk Receptionist/Kid Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  High Point NCMarch 24, 2015
It was a good job while I was in school. The management was not the best but I enjoyed the customers and the other people I worked with.
Too many changes
Operations (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 28, 2014
I was at the rush for 3 years and experienced more changes than in my last 10 years of working. The executive management team expects the rush to be your #1 priority and be there from sun up to sun down everyday. If you have a family... forget it! They don't make it possible to have family time. Their pay is not worth the work. It's a fun place to work but that's because club management tries to make the best of a bad situation.
Pros
free membership, great co-workers
Cons
pay, hours, executive leaders
overall as a trainer
Assistant Fitness Manager /Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 6, 2013
Co workers andstaff memebers only want to swindel members out of money.They are only out for money. They do not care about the members. salary is too low for a college graduate. The rush hires individuals off the street that may not have experience on the fitness industry. They do not accept outside certifications. They lie to memebers, after members request a certain trainer or speciaist.
Pros
free membership
Cons
hardly no breaks, hoodwinking membersout ot money
good place to work if in sales
front desk/operations (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 26, 2013
The first hour i get to work i'm doing paperwork and after that i'm checking people in and cleaning up the floor. I've learned how to use a cash register. The hardest part of the job is when they switch the operations managers around and you have to deal with a new boss. I only work with 2 different people so its hard to judge my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a free membership
Pros
free membership
Cons
management
Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here!
Sales (Current Employee) –  WestMarch 17, 2014
These people executive level management included are a bunch of cons. Do not fall for the lies of great potential, etc. They are liars. They lie to employees and to members and are only concerned about the almighty dollar. There are long term employees who bring these concerns forward who are ignored and are eventually weeded out.
Pros
free membership
Cons
upper management, deception, not a team atmosphere.
Better yourself and find ANY other job.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TnDecember 5, 2012
"Management" here is a joke; they will promote anyone just to fill a position. The lack of training and supervision makes for poorly managed gyms. This place is full of constant changes that are unneeded. A lot is expected of an employee for a minimum wage job.
Pros
free membership, good insurance
Cons
poor management, bad pay, unreachable expectations
Bad fitness job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2013
Probably one of the worst jobs I ever had, no because of the members, but because of the work environment, it's so much drama, and so much negativity. It's not what you do or accomplish in this company, it's who you know
Pros
free membership
Cons
no help generating clients, it's sales vs. fitness, not a team environment, no cohesiveness, terrible management
It is a great job for someone going to school or just looking for a part-time job or a temp. job.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2013
Managment is to be desired but most of my co-workers are nice and they work hard. The hardest part of the job is it being part-time I dont make enough money. The best part is working with all the kids.
Pros
very laid back and has a comfotable uniform
Laid back but professional atmosphere.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 19, 2012
For 4+ years our schedule was 7:30am-5pm. In October 2012, that schedule changed to 9:30am-7pm. You, as a salary employee, work more than scheduled of course as expected with any salaried position. Fun place to work.
Pros
free membership
Cons
schedule changed october 2012
Great Place
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 14, 2014
Loved working here just not enough hours for me! I loved the management, co workers, and the environment!
company recently acquired by Gold's Gym International
Regional Fitness Manager (NC/SC) (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2014
Typical work day consists of daily administrative duties of the fitness dept, consulting with members/prospective members on exercise programs, fitness & sales staff training and development, servicing personal training sessions, exercise program design/review. The RUSH was a great company to work for over 9 years.
Hardworker
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
I love greeting and working with people at the Rush. The co-workers and I get along great. I just more hours and health benefits.
Great leadership with upbeat atmosphere
District Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapman HwyJanuary 27, 2012
Potential is always there to move up with hard work and dedication. Upbeat and excitement all the time with many good times. Great competition and contest to create excitement and motivation.
Pros
1)established business to business relationships., 2)job perks in the community, 3)healthy life style living, 4)education in field is provided