The Rush Fitness Complex

The Rush Fitness Complex Employee Reviews

The Rush Fitness Complex
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Comission base pay was good. Offered benefits
Cons: No job advancement regardless of how long you worked
Work environment was toxic. Management was always be rotated. No stability in management. Employee rotation was monthly. No stable work environment.
Rush
Front Desk Receptionist/Kid Care Attendant (Former Employee), High Point NCMarch 24, 2015
It was a good job while I was in school. The management was not the best but I enjoyed the customers and the other people I worked with.
company recently acquired by Gold's Gym International
Regional Fitness Manager (NC/SC) (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2014
Typical work day consists of daily administrative duties of the fitness dept, consulting with members/prospective members on exercise programs, fitness & sales staff training and development, servicing personal training sessions, exercise program design/review. The RUSH was a great company to work for over 9 years.
great place to work
Membership Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 19, 2014
great place to work....
refined customer service skills...
co-workers were like a family....
Fun Place to work
Personal and Small Group Trainer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2014
Great atmosphere, love the co workers and members, just typing more cause Im being asked to
Great Place
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 14, 2014
Loved working here just not enough hours for me! I loved the management, co workers, and the environment!
I absolutely LOVED working for The Rush Fitness Complex!
Regional Vice President (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2014
I had the pleasure to work with the leadership team of The Rush from January 2001 until the company sold to Gold's Gym International August 2014. I learned so much by working closely with ownership and executive leaders over the years about vision, sales, leadership, mentoring team members, developing teams and becoming irreplaceable by becoming replaceable (duplicating future leaders/managers). My servant-style leadership approach allowed me to work "for" an incredible group of passionate, driven, relentless, goal-oriented employees and I would not trade that experience for anything!
Great fun enviroment
Regional Maintenance Director (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2014
Love working for this company, however the company was bought out
. (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Gyms and health clubs where working out is fun! Workout at one of the 23 locations.
Too many changes
Operations (Former Employee), NCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free membership, great co-workers
Cons: pay, hours, executive leaders
I was at the rush for 3 years and experienced more changes than in my last 10 years of working. The executive management team expects the rush to be your #1 priority and be there from sun up to sun down everyday. If you have a family... forget it! They don't make it possible to have family time. Their pay is not worth the work. It's a fun place to work but that's because club management tries to make the best of a bad situation.
The Rush
Front Desk Leader (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNMay 20, 2014
The Rush is a good part time job, my co-workers are very friendly and we get along well. This job has definitely taught me how to work with people well and how to handle tough situations with customers. It has taught me a lot of people skills that I will be able to use for future employment.
fun, upbeat, positive work experience
Fitness Sales Counselor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnApril 22, 2014
Loved the people but the hours were long. Pay was decent but should have been better
Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here!
Sales (Current Employee), WestMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: upper management, deception, not a team atmosphere.
These people executive level management included are a bunch of cons. Do not fall for the lies of great potential, etc. They are liars. They lie to employees and to members and are only concerned about the almighty dollar. There are long term employees who bring these concerns forward who are ignored and are eventually weeded out.
Hardworker
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
I love greeting and working with people at the Rush. The co-workers and I get along great. I just more hours and health benefits.
Bad fitness job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: no help generating clients, it's sales vs. fitness, not a team environment, no cohesiveness, terrible management
Probably one of the worst jobs I ever had, no because of the members, but because of the work environment, it's so much drama, and so much negativity. It's not what you do or accomplish in this company, it's who you know
very fun workplace!
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 13, 2013
Such a fun place to work! While things can be kind of strict, overall it was a fun and rewarding place to work! If we wouldnt have been relocated for my husbands job, I could see myself working here for many more years!
Fun and competetive workplace
Operations Team Member (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2013
Under limited supervison, assist all members with check-in, transactions, memberships, and any concerns.
fun atmosphere
Fitness Coach (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: playing basketball and working out
Cons: the pay wasnt good and if client cancelled you didnt get to clock in
The position I had was working one on one with clients and if you didnt have clients walking around the gym helping the other customers
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2013
Overall an easy fun job. Allows the employee to experiment with different ways of selling products. Very flexible and enjoyable.
Gym Facility
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Lenoir City, TNJune 3, 2013
Easy job, never a set schedule, loyalty means nothing to this company, co-workers are very unreliable, at times can be very stressful