The Rush Fitness Complex

The Rush Fitness Complex Employer Reviews

fun, upbeat, positive work experience
Fitness Sales Counselor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnApril 22, 2014
Loved the people but the hours were long. Pay was decent but should have been better
Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here!
Sales (Current Employee), WestMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: upper management, deception, not a team atmosphere.
These people executive level management included are a bunch of cons. Do not fall for the lies of great potential, etc. They are liars. They lie to employees and to members and are only concerned about the almighty dollar. There are long term employees who bring these concerns forward who are ignored and are eventually weeded out.
Hardworker
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
I love greeting and working with people at the Rush. The co-workers and I get along great. I just more hours and health benefits.
Bad fitness job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: no help generating clients, it's sales vs. fitness, not a team environment, no cohesiveness, terrible management
Probably one of the worst jobs I ever had, no because of the members, but because of the work environment, it's so much drama, and so much negativity. It's not what you do or accomplish in this company, it's who you know
very fun workplace!
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 13, 2013
Such a fun place to work! While things can be kind of strict, overall it was a fun and rewarding place to work! If we wouldnt have been relocated for my husbands job, I could see myself working here for many more years!
Fun and competetive workplace
Operations Team Member (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2013
Under limited supervison, assist all members with check-in, transactions, memberships, and any concerns.
fun atmosphere
Fitness Coach (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: playing basketball and working out
Cons: the pay wasnt good and if client cancelled you didnt get to clock in
The position I had was working one on one with clients and if you didnt have clients walking around the gym helping the other customers
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2013
Overall an easy fun job. Allows the employee to experiment with different ways of selling products. Very flexible and enjoyable.
Gym Facility
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Lenoir City, TNJune 3, 2013
Easy job, never a set schedule, loyalty means nothing to this company, co-workers are very unreliable, at times can be very stressful
fun work place poor managment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2013
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: poor managment
To many people in postions they shouldnt have & co workers wanting to pass the work on to other people instead of doing it them selves
good place to work if in sales
front desk/operations (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 26, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: management
The first hour i get to work i'm doing paperwork and after that i'm checking people in and cleaning up the floor. I've learned how to use a cash register. The hardest part of the job is when they switch the operations managers around and you have to deal with a new boss. I only work with 2 different people so its hard to judge my co-workers. The most – more... enjoyable part of my job is having a free membership – less
Very Fun Work Pace
Fitness Counselor/Salesman (Former Employee), Dalton, GAMay 15, 2013
The work place is professional but at the same time can be very fun because of the interaction with all the customers.
No respect for any employee
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2013
Front desk starts at minimum wage and barely goes up for raises. Managers never get a day off from work and are expected to leave their family at the way side because comes job first and that's all that matters. You never actually get to take the PTO you accumulate over time and they usually fire you with over 200 hours in your bank.
Co-workers will – more... throw you under the bus at the second they can as long as it benefits them. – less

Katies – April 21, 2013

Having worked for this "company" I can agree with this review completely!

It is a great job for someone going to school or just looking for a part-time job or a temp. job.
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2013
Pros: very laid back and has a comfotable uniform
Managment is to be desired but most of my co-workers are nice and they work hard. The hardest part of the job is it being part-time I dont make enough money. The best part is working with all the kids.
overall as a trainer
Assistant Fitness Manager /Personal Trainer (Former Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: hardly no breaks, hoodwinking membersout ot money
Co workers andstaff memebers only want to swindel members out of money.They are only out for money. They do not care about the members. salary is too low for a college graduate. The rush hires individuals off the street that may not have experience on the fitness industry. They do not accept outside certifications. They lie to memebers, after members – more... request a certain trainer or speciaist. – less
Better yourself and find ANY other job.
Employee (Current Employee), Knoxville, TnDecember 5, 2012
Pros: free membership, good insurance
Cons: poor management, bad pay, unreachable expectations
"Management" here is a joke; they will promote anyone just to fill a position. The lack of training and supervision makes for poorly managed gyms. This place is full of constant changes that are unneeded. A lot is expected of an employee for a minimum wage job.
Great Work Place
Fitness Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 4, 2012
Fun and innovative environment. Great environment to assist people with the challenges of their active and nutritional life.
Laid back but professional atmosphere.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 19, 2012
Pros: free membership
Cons: schedule changed october 2012
For 4+ years our schedule was 7:30am-5pm. In October 2012, that schedule changed to 9:30am-7pm. You, as a salary employee, work more than scheduled of course as expected with any salaried position. Fun place to work.
The Rush is a fast paced and exciting place to be...
Member Experience Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 5, 2012
I loved my job. The position, which was a corporate liaison to local facilities, was created in December 2011. Due to cutbacks, said position was eliminated in July 2012. I really enjoyed meeting members and inspiring them along their journey to a healthier lifestyle.
High energy and paced work enviornment
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2012
Pros: free gym membership for myself and my wife, the independence and freedome to go out into the community and talk to people
Cons: a lot of times there are no breaks, working sixteen hour days to help make club goals because someone has dropped the ball
1. A ypical day at work
I start the day two hours early with the manager, we spend the time to work out and plan the day for both ourselves and the other sales counselors. We try to give a certain degree of freedom in order to cultivate membership leads and contracts, but also to keep them on task and motivated. Throughout the day I vary between talking – more... to walk in perspective clients, making calls to people who have put in information in boxes we have distributed throughout the city, and to go out into the community and try to get people interested in joining the Rush Fitness Complex. I am also responsible for a weekly meeting with the district manager and keeping track of all the numbers for the week and month so that our district manager and corporate manager has that information to put into the system.
2. What I have learned
The biggest thing I have learned is how to package, and then repackage the same product. There has to be something that catches the clients eye to get them into the Rush and then to want to buy into th company. Each person has different goals and ambitions in their lives so having the same sales speach does not always work, and I have had to learn to be able to read people and package a membership at the Rush as something that will interest them personally.
3. Management
Sales at the Rush was somehthing I fell into. I started out as a personal trainer, then moved to customer service/front desk attendant. When I needed more hours, and to get off the third shift I switched to sales. It was a little intemidating at first, but I was able to quickly get into the swing of things mainly due to my manager Dustin Martin. He took me under his wing my first two weeks and showed me how to get into swing of things going out into the community. I was able to excel due to his tutoring and quickly get promoted to the assistant manager. This took me to a whole new level of responsibility and accountability to the corporate management team at the Rush. I am in constant communication with the Corporate Sales manager and even had direct contact several times with the owner of the company to assist in setting up meetings and events. It has been a great learning opportunity for me, but also has allowed me to grow as a business minded employee and in sales.
4. My co-workers
I have a great team of co-workers. They all are easily motivated and we work as a tight-nit group. We work well together and all of our accomplishments are not just as individuals but as a team as well. There are times in each team members life where there is a lack of motivation and the team is quick to pick each other up and help pick up the slack and get eachother back on track.
5. The hardest part of my job
Being able to separate the job from my personal life is difficult at times. Toward the end of hte month when goals have not been met it is very common for me to pull thirteen to sixteen hour days. When I do have days off, my phone is constantly ringing and I find myself wanting to go and help with whatever problem has arised.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job
Hands down would be my day to day dealing with people in the community. I enjoy meeting new people, talking to them and hearing their story, and trying to help them solve their problems. In the health and fitness world there are several times when I have to help be able to make ways to afford the payments, decide what membership is right for them, and even what add ons - such as training sessions and nutrition consults would be right for them. Getting poeple motivated to overcome their goals and better themselves in very bennificial. Moreover, seeing them overcoming obstacles and hitting the goals they have for themselves is what makes all the hours I put in worth it. – less