The Rush Fitness Complex Employee Reviews

Does not exist any longer
Divisional Manager - Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 13, 2017
Golds gym bought them out shortly after I left. Everything has changed and I could not give you an accurate description.
Mangers were difficult to work for and did not make it a good work environment for many
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2016
• Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
• Negotiate prices and terms of sales or service agreements.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations or clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Prepared sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information
Pros
Learning how to be more personal as to help new customers get to their personal goals.
Cons
Mangers were awful and forced an unjust schedule on me.
Was not an enjoyable workplace
Reception (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNSeptember 4, 2015
Lack of hours,not enough to do,lack of communication between supervisors.,overall not enjoyable to work at. Alot of drama caused by female employees for the fun of it.
Excellent company which created bonds with clientele.
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  High Point, North CarolinaJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work included selling supplements to clientele while keeping the facility clean and answering the phone while signing people for memberships. I learned excellent customer service and communication skills while displaying leadership and customer service in front of clients and co-workers. Management was very friendly and worked with all schedules. The co-workers displayed positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different people on different occasions. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different clients and helping them to become more healthy.
Pros
Free gym memebership.
Cons
Short breaks, continues phone calls.
Productive and fun workplace
Kid Care Assoicate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 24, 2015
Ensuring that members and their children have a positive experience at The Rush.
 Greeting members, handling member concerns and answering phone calls.
 Handling account changes and paperwork.
 Creating and providing activities with children that incorporate health and wellness
Fun and motivating place to work
Core Team Leader and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day looks a little like this: I help individuals reach their long and short term goals. I am their cheerleader, the one person that tells them they are great. I help groups and individuals that attend my training sessions feel their best, mentally and physically.

I have learned how to time management. How I can make a real difference in other lives. How juggle more than one job at a time.

There is little to know management.

I work independently.

The hardest part is being fully engaged with groups or individuals after having long day.

The most enjoyable is to see people reach their personal goal.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The work hours
The Rush Fitness Complex
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2015
Work environment was toxic. Management was always be rotated. No stability in management. Employee rotation was monthly. No stable work environment.
Pros
Comission base pay was good. Offered benefits
Cons
No job advancement regardless of how long you worked
Rush
Front Desk Receptionist/Kid Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  High Point NCMarch 24, 2015
It was a good job while I was in school. The management was not the best but I enjoyed the customers and the other people I worked with.
company recently acquired by Gold's Gym International
Regional Fitness Manager (NC/SC) (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2014
Typical work day consists of daily administrative duties of the fitness dept, consulting with members/prospective members on exercise programs, fitness & sales staff training and development, servicing personal training sessions, exercise program design/review. The RUSH was a great company to work for over 9 years.
great place to work
Membership Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 19, 2014
great place to work....
refined customer service skills...
co-workers were like a family....
Fun Place to work
Personal and Small Group Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2014
Great atmosphere, love the co workers and members, just typing more cause Im being asked to
Great Place
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 14, 2014
Loved working here just not enough hours for me! I loved the management, co workers, and the environment!
I absolutely LOVED working for The Rush Fitness Complex!
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2014
I had the pleasure to work with the leadership team of The Rush from January 2001 until the company sold to Gold's Gym International August 2014. I learned so much by working closely with ownership and executive leaders over the years about vision, sales, leadership, mentoring team members, developing teams and becoming irreplaceable by becoming replaceable (duplicating future leaders/managers). My servant-style leadership approach allowed me to work "for" an incredible group of passionate, driven, relentless, goal-oriented employees and I would not trade that experience for anything!
Great fun enviroment
Regional Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2014
Love working for this company, however the company was bought out
. (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Gyms and health clubs where working out is fun! Workout at one of the 23 locations.
Too many changes
Operations (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 28, 2014
I was at the rush for 3 years and experienced more changes than in my last 10 years of working. The executive management team expects the rush to be your #1 priority and be there from sun up to sun down everyday. If you have a family... forget it! They don't make it possible to have family time. Their pay is not worth the work. It's a fun place to work but that's because club management tries to make the best of a bad situation.
Pros
free membership, great co-workers
Cons
pay, hours, executive leaders
The Rush
Front Desk Leader (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 20, 2014
The Rush is a good part time job, my co-workers are very friendly and we get along well. This job has definitely taught me how to work with people well and how to handle tough situations with customers. It has taught me a lot of people skills that I will be able to use for future employment.
fun, upbeat, positive work experience
Fitness Sales Counselor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TnApril 22, 2014
Loved the people but the hours were long. Pay was decent but should have been better
Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here!
Sales (Current Employee) –  WestMarch 17, 2014
These people executive level management included are a bunch of cons. Do not fall for the lies of great potential, etc. They are liars. They lie to employees and to members and are only concerned about the almighty dollar. There are long term employees who bring these concerns forward who are ignored and are eventually weeded out.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Upper management, deception, not a team atmosphere.
Hardworker
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
I love greeting and working with people at the Rush. The co-workers and I get along great. I just more hours and health benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Rush Fitness Complex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9